- Joined
- Sep 18, 2008
- Messages
- 90
- Reaction score
- 120
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Well, it's been a while. I think soon it will be one year since the series has finished serializing so I was wondering how things were doing here. Kinda unfortunate, but as one would expect of a finished series, things seem rather quiet as of late.
In my experience from series worth re-reading, and Claymore is also one such for me, I nearly always pick details and things I overlooked in previous readings or somehow I get flourished with new thoughts about different things on the series. It's good exercise for exploring new venues of thinking and theorycrafting I think. It would be cool if you let us know any details you might have overlooked yourself or things that perhaps made you think just a bit differently about the series during your re-read, if any.
Also wish you good luck on your other endeavours!
TStew, I'm still amazed how you have been reading things at your own pace to this day and that you haven't finished the series yet. Some serious discipline and I bet several things have been somewhat spoiled while trying to follow the discussions.I still haven't finished reading the manga... this year turned really hectic for me and also I just haven't been in the mood.Something so great needs to be enjoyed when you can really appreciate it. Its been since mid winter I think... But recently I needed a re-infusion of yoma energy so started back up. I don't think I've ever read the manga over again from the start. With the release of the final volume in a few weeks I figured I'd time it so I read it all through and end with the last book in hand. I started reading it from the actual book in hand, so I plan on finishing it that way too. A few books per week should do it. And it may give me some inspiration for an 18 mile race coming up next week, as well as trying for a 5k PR the end of September.
Also after not having watched any anime for most of winter and spring I've watched several new ones in the last few months. Nothing as good as Claymore unfortunately.
Also with this Claymore resurgence of mine I am watching the anime over from the start. I know its not as popular here as the manga obviously but its what really got me into it and literally inspired my soul. I've purposely not watched it very many times so I don't burn out and get bored with it (maybe 3 times through In the last 2-3 years?). I thought for something a bit different I'd watch it with Japanese audio and English subtitles for the first time. I've also noticed the subtitles are often different than the English version too, interesting how they are different. I'm kind of watching the anime and reading the manga together, identifying and comparing some of the small differences.
In my experience from series worth re-reading, and Claymore is also one such for me, I nearly always pick details and things I overlooked in previous readings or somehow I get flourished with new thoughts about different things on the series. It's good exercise for exploring new venues of thinking and theorycrafting I think. It would be cool if you let us know any details you might have overlooked yourself or things that perhaps made you think just a bit differently about the series during your re-read, if any.
Also wish you good luck on your other endeavours!
Something so great needs to be enjoyed when you can really appreciate it. Its been since mid winter I think... But recently I needed a re-infusion of yoma energy so started back up. I don't think I've ever read the manga over again from the start. With the release of the final volume in a few weeks I figured I'd time it so I read it all through and end with the last book in hand. I started reading it from the actual book in hand, so I plan on finishing it that way too. A few books per week should do it. And it may give me some inspiration for an 18 mile race coming up next week, as well as trying for a 5k PR the end of September.
. For anyone interested, I'm tossing the idea for a Claymore/Skyrim crossover on ff.net. But if anyone could help me flesh it out into a real plot, I wouldn't mind at all.


).
) and being allured by the older woman figure... 
but it is nice I think they did edit out some of the parts that don't fit as well, but added in some things that actually fill in the blanks, like showing Raki getting the sword from Galk in Rabona. That was a good addition IMO. Also noticed a few things along similar lines at the end... Rigaldo vs. Undine... in the manga this was over in a flash and not very interesting. I liked in the anime how she actually held off Rigaldo initial blow with her two crossed swords, and he acknowledges her strength. And then of course he says "but not strong enough" and proceeds to tear her arms off. Similarly with Jean, in the manga she deflects a few of his blows then gets skewered. In the anime they added one last of her signature drill sword moves at least. The figths with Miria and Clare were both extended out quite a bit longer (especially Miria's) which was mostly good, Rigaldo was by far the most powerful opponent of the series besides Teresa vs Priscilla and the extra detail and length of the battle in the anime I think was a nice addition.