Shounen - Claymore by Norihiro Yagi | Page 72 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Number A

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
xxxHolic is a manga by CLAMP which was really rather good up until the extremely vexatious and protracted non-ending which is still flailing along in a 'Can't you just FINISH so I can MOVE ON!?' kind of way. It's closely bound up with another series by the same authors called 'Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle' which is even WORSE.

TRC was my first manga, I loved it with all my heart and it let me down. It wasn't until Claymore that I was able to really open up and connect with a story again.

Goral

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland

Number A

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
That's cool, but, like, where's her wound? The date on the work is, as far as I can tell, post August 2012 (when The Warrior's Return came out) so they would have known about it when they drew it. Call me silly but nudes w/o the scarring seems like kind of a cop-out to me.

Goral

Reaction score
Country
Poland
I think this picture is quite old so maybe that's why the scar isn't visible. I've posted it per dany le fou's request because the Claymore forum has been closed and he thought that he can't post there because he hasn't used his account for such a long time. Until recently it was possible to post there so this lock down thing is rather new.

---------- Post added at 06:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 AM ----------

Number A

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Thanks Dany ^^ Also, the lock thing is sad :(

Hey, can I suggest that anybody who still wants a claymroe community to be part of migrate to tumblr? It's not nearly as fun as this place was but at least the community is still active :/

---------- Post added May 06, 2015 at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was April 26, 2015 at 02:39 AM ----------

'sup peeps! Scene 6 of Wedge (that fancomic) is now up on our blogspot page! Enjoy ^^

TStew

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Until recently it was possible to post there so this lock down thing is rather new.
Yeah, instead of the nice organization now we are posting in an already 96 page long thread lol. Well not like there is much activity left I guess.

Just wanted to pass this sweet gem along... I would so buy this if it was a little cheaper.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Claymore-Teresa-figure-RARE-2004-/121659634996?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

I didn't even know they ever made a figure of Teresa. I know they also made one of Galatea but never seen one of them for sale either. Its just too much money for me to spend on a figure, since I'm doing home renovation right now, saving for a new house, etc. I would so love it for my collection though. But if someone else may be interested, then there you go.

Leroid

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Well, I'm back and I stopped by to see what's been going on with the Claymore community. It's pretty quiet. Oh well, that's not really surprising. But I've been trying to see if some of you gyus are active on other forums.

dany le fou

Reaction score
Country
France
Apparently there's still some stuff occasionally coming out on Danbooru.

Last edited:

Number A

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Well, I'm back and I stopped by to see what's been going on with the Claymore community. It's pretty quiet. Oh well, that's not really surprising. But I've been trying to see if some of you gyus are active on other forums.
I'm on tumblr, the community is still active-ish there.

Anyway, things might have been quiet but since Claymore ended MiB has released four interviews with Yagi, Undeadman 2, and four chapters of The Warrior's Wedge which is an ongoing project even if exam season has slowed it down somewhat. We the fandom have never had this much supplimentary content before ever. It's a bit sad that it's all happening when there's nobody around to appreciate it, though, but hey. C'est la ve.

Last edited:

Bonefist

Reaction score
Country
Joker
When I think about it, Yagi was a real genius. All was great, characters and their development, art and scenario. The end too, pretty romantic. Imagination do the sequel of the thing, authors don't have to tell you everything. Priscilla was an elusive antagonist with god-like ability, and Claire was a cold weak warrior. But love won over hatred. It's seems inane when said like that, but in context, it takes all its sense.

The work was great with all the references to paints, books, mythology, medieval and France. Art in general. Without my personal culture, I would have missed a lot of things.

Masterpiece.

Last edited:

Number A

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Care to enlighten those of us who might have missed things?

Bonefist

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Yeah, of course.

You already know a lot of things, like Ophelia is from Shakespeare's Hamlet, locations named after artists, and Men in Black named after musea, etc.

However, I often read that Isley is a Centaur, but he's a Sagittarius. Lucielle is a Nekomata — a girl with two tails.
Yagi was also inspired by H.R. Giger and H.P. Lovecraft for his monsters, with their tentacles and bio-mechanical aspect.
Rose-Marie is Giger's Alien, and the girl crushed by Duff looks like Nihei's Blame!'s Silicon Life. He too was inspired by Giger.
The first Awakened Male seen is a wink to Wyald, from Berserk. The two have a penis-like tongue and use it like such...

And, in my opinion, Roxanne is a Sphinx or inspired by the Egyptian deity Isis.
But Yagi is good when it comes to delude people with appearances.

Claymore1

Reaction score
Country
United States
Last edited:

Number A

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Oh wow. Looks like the right moment to finally actually buy it '^_^

I'm such a terrible fan. I have literally spent, like, ten USD max on Claymore ever and every single time it was so I could upload things to the internet >.< *sigh* I wish I at least liked the aesthetic of the anime so I could splurge on merch but I can't cause I don't.

Claymore1

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh wow. Looks like the right moment to finally actually buy it '^_^

I'm such a terrible fan. I have literally spent, like, ten USD max on Claymore ever and every single time it was so I could upload things to the internet >.< *sigh* I wish I at least liked the aesthetic of the anime so I could splurge on merch but I can't cause I don't.
I pick up Claymore merchandise whenever I can, I have a weak spot for that sort of thing. I already own several volumes but will probably buy the collection anyways just because it is Claymore.

TStew

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've certainly done my fair share of supporting the cause :) both in manga related merchandise and anime, since I find both simply outstanding :zomg Nice to hear they are making a complete collection of the manga with bonus material too! I'll likely skip that since I've been collecting the manga all along, just waiting on the last one now. Though I have debated getting the Japanese version with the covers just for the heck of it, but haven't as of yet.

Sir Isley

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sup People, it's been awhile.

Claymore1

Reaction score
Country
United States
And, I preordered the complete collection on impulse. At least I don't have to pay until it ships.

Sup People, it's been awhile.
It has indeed. I also haven't posted here in a while. I just recently started again.

Last edited:

Sir Isley

Reaction score
Country
United States
And, I preordered the complete collection on impulse. At least I don't have to pay until it ships.
I'm going through amazon. I'm going to end up with two volume 11s.

TStew

Reaction score
Country
United States
I still haven't finished reading the manga... this year turned really hectic for me and also I just haven't been in the mood. :( Something so great needs to be enjoyed when you can really appreciate it. Its been since mid winter I think... But recently I needed a re-infusion of yoma energy so started back up. I don't think I've ever read the manga over again from the start. With the release of the final volume in a few weeks I figured I'd time it so I read it all through and end with the last book in hand. I started reading it from the actual book in hand, so I plan on finishing it that way too. A few books per week should do it. And it may give me some inspiration for an 18 mile race coming up next week, as well as trying for a 5k PR the end of September.

Also after not having watched any anime for most of winter and spring I've watched several new ones in the last few months. Nothing as good as Claymore unfortunately. :nah

Also with this Claymore resurgence of mine I am watching the anime over from the start. I know its not as popular here as the manga obviously but its what really got me into it and literally inspired my soul. I've purposely not watched it very many times so I don't burn out and get bored with it (maybe 3 times through In the last 2-3 years?). I thought for something a bit different I'd watch it with Japanese audio and English subtitles for the first time. I've also noticed the subtitles are often different than the English version too, interesting how they are different. I'm kind of watching the anime and reading the manga together, identifying and comparing some of the small differences.