Shounen - Claymore by Norihiro Yagi | Page 71 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Sheepo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Has anyone posted this yet?
Apparently this guy predicted Clare's awakening form back in 2013 lol

Last edited by a moderator:

littleangel

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Jordan

I still keep checking this web everyday.. Maybe hoping that I will see a thread about a new anime! Maybe it's a dream.. But I will keep checking..

Oh God.. Life without Claymore is painful much..

Number A

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone

I KNOW. There's a hole there. I feel it to.

I don't know if I'm better off than you veterans since it was part of my life for less long or worse off because I just had less time to be a Claymore fan.

Asurah

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

What a great manga... there's a void that I'm undoubtedly going to try to fill with something that is likely to be far less interesting and captivating than Claymore was. I enjoyed the ending but I'm also sad to see it go.

So, where do you guys go from here? I'm thinking of jumping in to Berserk or something (though I'll probably regret it when I catch up to whatever volume it's on currently and don't have any real resolution).

Really hoping Yagi revisits the Claymore universe at some point down the road, somebody mentioned he made a tweet about a possible side story touching down on Irene's escapades in between the Priscilla/Teresa confrontation and everything that took place at the end, though I have no way of verifying the authenticity of that claim.

Last edited:

Number A

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone

In my reply to your other post I've linked to a thread where people share suggestions for other stuff.

As for where I've gone, well, story-wise in the past few months I've really enjoyed The Legend of Korra, Sailor Moon, the Bone Clocks by David Mitchell, and The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton. Also, I'd like to put in a good word for non-story activities. Get out of the house, go for a walk, take lessons (I find physical activities particularly effective), hang out with your friends. Changing context is a good way to take your mind off something.

That's all we can do, really. Find other things that inspire and engage us and let the flow of time fill the hole. Eventually it won't matter anymore.

Tennyson once said: "''Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all". In a thoroughly ridiculous way I think I finally understand what he was getting at. Claymore was great, I loved having it there every month, and if the price I pay for the good times is an ache now that's fine.

---------- Post added January 18, 2015 at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was January 01, 2015 at 03:45 PM ----------

I don't know if anyone is here but Leo is the best Rigaldo I've ever seen.

http://www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com/artist-recreates-zodiac-signs-as-vicious-monsters/

littleangel

Reaction score
Country
Jordan

Virgo and Gemini look so cool.. Thank you for sharing :)

Claymore1

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, they closed the claymore forum.

Number A

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
We're not dead yet! Utsune and I scanlated that interview ^^

You can read it here at the MIB releases page.

There's a long version as well which I would LOVE to see translated but Utsune is busy right now so who knows what'll happen. The main tidbits I can glean from it via Google Translate are that Clare IS based on God of Awesome Ikuno and Yagi liked Silver Spoon which you should totally all go read.

Last edited:

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The Claymore manga ended a few months ago, this caused the forums activity to decline and thus as activity of a section is key here on MH, Claymore lacked it and it's reduced to a thread. So instead of keeping it as a section with no activity, discussion about any future things involving the manga can be discussed here, I hope everyone understands and can continue discussing the manga here. :)

TStew

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Haven't signed on in a while, not just because the manga ended but just been so busy. Sad to see Claymore fall into the archives but of course it has. I'm curious though, all the old threads are not 'closed' are they? Can we still update them if pertinent?

I actually turned on netflix last night and for the first time in probably 6 months or more watched an anime. Got me thinking of Claymore and missing it, so thought I'd drop in just to check things out. I still haven’t finished the manga, I've been so busy. And my next many days I have off will be even busier now I'm planning on tearing out two rooms, re-studding the walls, insulate, and sheetrock. After that’s done I'll set up a new office room, and be sure to have some Claymore décor.

TStew

Reaction score
Country
United States

So for the first time in ages I was really bored one night and decided to load up netflix (I had also moved my computer up from the basement since it was like 45F degrees down there during the winter, so now up in a nice warm room I was anxious to use it lol). I haven't really watched an anime in many months, so I perused through the selection wondering if they had added anything new. One caught my eye... yeah the big knockers probably had something to do with it, but honestly that wasn't it. I somehow recognized the name from a brief mention last year...

Novelty aside, there are a number of other series out there with some nice action females. Such as Freezing, it may be a bit cheesy but it has some nice art and chara designs;
Perhaps it was Number A 's follow up mixing Frozen into the mix that stuck in my mind (lol) but anyway decided to watch it.

My problem is that I get very bored very quickly with "would you like boobs with your violence?" action series. If a story relies on fanservice to hold reader attention rather than on, say, plot and character, I will lose interest more-or-less instantly..
Well, I feel the same way. A tiny bit of fan service can be nice, but this was quite excessive to the point that mostly naked girls where seemingly in every seen. Its nice to guess a little... leave a little to the imagination you know? I don't need to actually see it all the time! (especially in unrealistic anime). Had I not been so anime deprived I might not have continued to the second episode but I did. Ended up watching it all, and the second season. In the end it was ok and had its moments.

I can't remember if any other discussion was had with Claymore similarities other than the obvious female-warrior theme, but I did find a few. For one, just as Helen and Deneve were close on Claymore, their voice actresses Caitlin Glass and Jamie Marchi were also the main two girls on Freezing (Satellizer and Rana). A nice reunion of the two :^_^ even though they mostly hated each other for most of the show! What kind of name is Satellizer anyhow? Elizabeth Mably also seriously reminded me of Teresa. And how this organization they work for was a bit shady, and how if they use their abilities too much they end up turning into the creatures they are trying to defeat. Yep some familiar themes there. Overall it was ok though there was more about it I didn't like than I did. But I have this thing where once I get a few episodes in I have to see it through. It greatly reminded me of why I liked Claymore so much though.

I'll have to read back through the other suggestions and look up some new anime/manga sometime. I'm just always too busy. Still haven't even finished Claymore yet lol. Hope the rest of you all are doing well.

Number A

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Heya peeps! Remember that full version I was going on about? Well here it is :D

Few things that caught my interest: 1. Those of you who said Yagi was making it all up as he went along were right (but you were wrong about it not being excellent, imo); 2. He doesn't consider himself naturally gifted at drawing and has some really interesting things to say about turning that into a strength; 3. I love how he talks about his characters like they have their own opinions about that they want to do and be - even GOD doesn't tell Miria what to do ^_^; 4. EVERYBODY GO READ SILVER SPOON NOW. Yagi-sensei himself says it's good and I don't think a Claymore fan can ask for a higher recommendation than that.

EDIT: We also did chapter 3 of that fancomic in case anyone is interested.

Last edited:

Claymore1

Reaction score
Country
United States
For one, just as Helen and Deneve were close on Claymore, their voice actresses Caitlin Glass and Jamie Marchi were also the main two girls on Freezing (Satellizer and Rana). A nice reunion of the two even though they mostly hated each other for most of the show!
It's from Funimation so it's going to have some of the same voice actors. I always listen to the voice actors when I watch anime. Fullmetal Alchemist and xxxHolic both have several voice actors from Claymore.

Last edited:

TStew

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's from Funimation so it's going to have some of the same voice actors. I always listen to the voice actors when I watch anime. Fullmetal Alchemist and xxxHolic both have several voice actors from Claymore.
Yep... it was just more interesting to me since the characters were similarly paired I guess. I've watched all of FMA:B that's on netflix at least, yes their were lots of the Claymore voice actresses. I've not heard of xxxHolic though.