Shounen Nisekoi by Naoshi Komi

REN KOUEN

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
5,480
Reaction score
1,292
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I hope not, otherwise I will receive spoilers once again. XD
Here in the USA and signed Jump and I'm trying not to read scans, but now I know how people that do this feel. XD

And I don't think that 200 chapters were too much... I think you already know my opinion about this, but I think I will keep with an important argument: it was fun. As long as you think it is fun, length does't matter IMO.
i agree, overall they had some chapters that didnt have progression, but 200 is still not too long, i could probably read 200 chapters in a day or two if i really got motivated
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
if i was going to criticize nisekoi....i would say that it was fairly predicable that chitoge would win, but she is all over the cover of the manga so anyone who believed otherwise was fooling themselves.

overall, all bias aside, nisekoi may be the best romcom manga of all time, and if its not the best it is top 5

(now there are some light novel titles that blow it out of the water )

i thoroughly enjoyed nisekoi, and it will be missed
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
i agree, overall they had some chapters that didnt have progression, but 200 is still not too long, i could probably read 200 chapters in a day or two if i really got motivated
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
if i was going to criticize nisekoi....i would say that it was fairly predicable that chitoge would win, but she is all over the cover of the manga so anyone who believed otherwise was fooling themselves.

overall, all bias aside, nisekoi may be the best romcom manga of all time, and if its not the best it is top 5

(now there are some light novel titles that blow it out of the water )

i thoroughly enjoyed nisekoi, and it will be missed
For sure... It is a pretty common length for romance in general...

Sure, but the way the story reached this conclusion was fantastic, so it compensated entirely. And it is not like the other girls didn't have a very good development despite that... Also, in the Christmas arc, I really thought that Komi Naoshi would kick the bucket and make Onodera confess, but it didn't happen. Despite our almost certainty that Chitoge would win, there were times we doubted it. XD

It is probably my favorite series of all time, so I don't have much to say about it being of the best romcom I read... XD

But! Calm down! The series hasn't ended yet, so lets save our farewell speech for a later moment. XD
 

REN KOUEN

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
5,480
Reaction score
1,292
Gender
Male
Country
United States
im dying to read ch 200, hopefully it comes out soon. as for onodera it is very hard not to cheer for her, but she honestly waited too long to confess her feelings, or develop enough courage, she had more than enough chances to win raku over. and she had a bigger advantage than the rest of the girls.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
This chapter was beautiful, I don't have enough words to say how much... Raku reached the Nirvana in this chapter, basically... hahaha
When he finally realized it, he was so embarrassed... hahaha
I thought I would never like a crowded train, but way to go crowded train! It was awesome seeing them there... So close after all that happened...
The most important part was about their relationship and Chitoge speech, of course... She really doesn't make any sense unless her crush is Raku, I think he finally realized it, but he still cannot believe... It is interesting how Komi Naoshi used all that scenes with them together, it is almost like he is saying that all that happened so far was not a waster of time, at least I know that since the beginning... Their love flourished step by step through these two years together... And now we have one more year to go... I don't think Komi Naoshi forgot about the promise, it will appear again in this final year... Also, I don't think that Raku will be able to make any decision until almost the end of the year... We heard him saying that he didn't like the feeling he felt back there when she almost left Japan, so it will be even stronger when she seriously go... Both of them will not want to end this relationship and, they will confess... In the meantime let's see what Onodera will do... Raku still insists that he has to choose between Chitoge and Onodera, but I think he will realized sooner or later that it is not like that...
The spring comes again... I'm curious about why Haru appeared in the last page...
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Could be a really clever pun. "It's spring (haru) again". Which should refer to Haru pushing things back into Onoderas direction.

One could hope it won't take that long anymore. Don't need 100 more chapters for their final year.
Raku is close to realizing that Chitoge likes him but as usual won't accept it as he is a dense harem protagonist. :/

Onodera doesn't deserve Raku whatsoever. She is a good friend with a childish crush but that's about it.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,938
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Chapter 200 was terrible, Ichijou was standing too far away from Shuu and Shuu was way too supporting of him and that idea, a better friend would have told him to really think hard about it or at least go on more dates with Onodera to confirm his feelings.

HIs feelings for the gorilla seem rather fake. And then shes in love with Shuu so, this is not going to end well.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I bought the volume 21 with DVD! It is awesome and cute! *-*
I bought Chitoge Nendoroid some time ago, but I haven't showed it here yet, so here it is. :D

 

REN KOUEN

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
5,480
Reaction score
1,292
Gender
Male
Country
United States
this was a good chapter , i cannot find the spoiler tags for some reason!!! so im not going to go into too much detail

but i will say that im surprised that the manga did not end
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
this was a good chapter , i cannot find the spoiler tags for some reason!!! so im not going to go into too much detail

but i will say that im surprised that the manga did not end
You can go ahead, there is no reason to hide the commentary about the chapter, it is already out for day already.
 

REN KOUEN

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
5,480
Reaction score
1,292
Gender
Male
Country
United States
to be honest i feel like the author is trying to force the onodera vs chitoge final choice thing, when the choice was already made earlier in this chapter
raku clearly said that his feelings for chitoge were love , and not like the feelings he had for onodera which he played down like they were a crush

so i feel like this chapter contradicted itself, i dont understand why the chapter started out with chitoge being the clear cut winner and wound up back down to an equal "like" of each girl....

doesnt make sense

still a good chapter im just a bit confused
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yes, Raku said that his feelings for Chitoge were different, but I think this kind of conditions fits his characters... I think he just cannot give up of Onodera after so much time apparently having a crush for her, he would like to settle this, think more about it before any decision. I think he is still not sure, it is not easy to absorb such a thing, even more when he was blind the entire series... So, I think it was already imaginable, the probability that Raku would confess right away and end the entire things was low judging by his personality. End the series here would simply not fit, because both Raku personality and the promise.
And I don't think it is equal... Now things will be different between them... Raku already suspects that she likes him as well, so he will try to find out if he suspicions are true... Also, I think that Raku will finally open the pendant to finish with his doubts... He will try to look for anything he can use to help him decide.
As for the promise, I think it is more than clear that it is Chitoge... Some days ago I was thinking about Onodera at that time... She was shy and everything, I don't expect her outside reading a book, even less talking with and playing Raku so naturally; make a promise where they marry in the future? Unthinkable. It fits Chitoge much more, besides the other reasons already exposed here...
Therefore, I think that Komi Naoshi is trying to make a bridge between the past and the present... People can say that the past doesn't matter much and that Raku should focus in the present, but if your love from the past flourishes once again in the present without you realizing it? It would be a meaningful final... That the destiny was playing with them since the beginning... I think it is kind of beautiful...Then, he will decide for Chitoge... It is just the right thing to do...
 

REN KOUEN

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
5,480
Reaction score
1,292
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Im definitely not opposed to more nisekoi!

I know onodera has a confession of some sort planned
I must say shu is hilaious, his reply " its not a bad thing to like two really cute girls"
Yes, Raku said that his feelings for Chitoge were different, but I think this kind of conditions fits his characters... I think he just cannot give up of Onodera after so much time apparently having a crush for her, he would like to settle this, think more about it before any decision. I think he is still not sure, it is not easy to absorb such a thing, even more when he was blind the entire series... So, I think it was already imaginable, the probability that Raku would confess right away and end the entire things was low judging by his personality. End the series here would simply not fit, because both Raku personality and the promise.
And I don't think it is equal... Now things will be different between them... Raku already suspects that she likes him as well, so he will try to find out if he suspicions are true... Also, I think that Raku will finally open the pendant to finish with his doubts... He will try to look for anything he can use to help him decide.
As for the promise, I think it is more than clear that it is Chitoge... Some days ago I was thinking about Onodera at that time... She was shy and everything, I don't expect her outside reading a book, even less talking with and playing Raku so naturally; make a promise where they marry in the future? Unthinkable. It fits Chitoge much more, besides the other reasons already exposed here...
Therefore, I think that Komi Naoshi is trying to make a bridge between the past and the present... People can say that the past doesn't matter much and that Raku should focus in the present, but if your love from the past flourishes once again in the present without you realizing it? It would be a meaningful final... That the destiny was playing with them since the beginning... I think it is kind of beautiful...Then, he will decide for Chitoge... It is just the right thing to do...
yes i agree, he wants to MAKE SURE whether his feelings for onodera are legit and as shu said, he feels guilty for liking both of them

i found shu hilariouis, stating that liking two girls must means your heart will throb twice as often...

either way im not going to complain about having a few more chapters of nisekoi to read
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
haru is too cute as always, she is my second favorite girl in this manga behind chitoge

i am not sure if haru is going to confess herself or if she is going to play matchmaker for her sis...
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
What Kosaki has with all girls, Haru has with her sister, she doesn't have guts to confess knowing that her sister likes him. Haru is much better than Kosaki, but they are very similar in a way.
 

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Rant incoming:no:no:no(not because of that)
Well Chitoge just won:-_- and any feelings Raku said he had for Onodera just got flushed down the toilet. I always knew Chitoge was going to be the final girl, but the way he dismiss Onodera really left a bad taste in my mouth and confirm that she was really not needed. Raku discovers his feelings of "true love" because he feels "relax" around her and because she brought him a soda without him telling her, lets ignore the fact the Raku was willing to abandon the locket he had for years and meant a lot to him just because he wanted to be with Onodera on Christmas and say that he never truly loved her(even though Marika said his feelings were real). While I knew Chitoge was going to be with Raku in the end I though we were finally getting into the real meat of the story were Raku had to make the decision between two girls he truly loved and we would get to see him grow into a mature person who can deal with this thought situation and not a copout decision were he discovers he never loved one of them because of soda:-_-. I swear if Onodera confesses to Raku and he starts hesitating and doubting himself after all this inner monologue he just had about this being "true love" I will give this series the honor of being the third manga I ever drop. Lets give a round of applause to Onodera the most useless character ever:-_-,I like her but she never provided anything to the story and if Raku never had real feelings for her she leaves absolutely no impact unlike the other harem girls who always brought something forth even if they were never serious contenders.
Guess the ending is coming, ever read a manga that can be so mind-numbingly slow and infuriately rush at the same time?
Aren't you being a bit dramatic?
Chitoge and Onodera still have the same chance to win him over, IMO.

He's basically 50-50 for the first time in this manga (instead of 100% Onodera).

They just started their 3rd year, so I think we still have about 100 chapter to go before the ending.

I like them both equally, so I don't mind either "winning", but if I had to bet on it, I'm pretty sure that in the end it will be Onodera.
The MC usually end up with that kind of girl at the end.

But I do like Chitoge a lot, so who knows...
 
Last edited:

REN KOUEN

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
5,480
Reaction score
1,292
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I disagree, there is no way he is choosing onodera

Chitoge has all of the momentum and onodera had her chance for oh i dont know

198 chapters....
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I also think Chitoge is a lock at this point. Unless it's a harem end, I think it's her. And I don't see this going the harem route(though I would love that).

Whatever it does I hope it does it fairly soon. Like Sky said, we don't need 100 chapters of pumping air into this. Harem rom/coms don't have the long term staying power too keep that up without characters suffering for it. I feel like Nisekoi is running out of road and it's time to resolve things.
 

REN KOUEN

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
5,480
Reaction score
1,292
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I also think Chitoge is a lock at this point. Unless it's a harem end, I think it's her. And I don't see this going the harem route(though I would love that).

Whatever it does I hope it does it fairly soon. Like Sky said, we don't need 100 chapters of pumping air into this. Harem rom/coms don't have the long term staying power too keep that up without characters suffering for it. I feel like Nisekoi is running out of road and it's time to resolve things.
jammin i didnt know you also followed nisekoi!!!

anyway this was another good chapter, haru seemed very serious at the end, i doubt that she will confess, but she is likely to tell raku that the reason she didnt tell him earlier is that she knows her sister likes him
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
jammin i didnt know you also followed nisekoi!!!

anyway this was another good chapter, haru seemed very serious at the end, i doubt that she will confess, but she is likely to tell raku that the reason she didnt tell him earlier is that she knows her sister likes him
I read pretty much everything Ren. Unless it's sports or slice-of-life, that is.:p

I'm not expecting Haru to confess either. Not that I would mind if she did, to be honest I like her more than Onedera (She's always been a little to vanilla for me). At this point I'm not sure I see much of reason to do it though. Chitoge's going to be the one and having her confess would just put one more girl out in the cold along with my favorites, Tsugumi and Marika.

That being said, as always, my heart roots for the harem end.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,562
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Well, before we ever get to Kosaki, Naoshi should resolve ShuuxRuri first. Nisekoi's been tankng lately and Ruri's chapters are often highly rated so it would make sense to do hers first. Sort of like a swan song before the penultimate arc.
 

REN KOUEN

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
5,480
Reaction score
1,292
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, before we ever get to Kosaki, Naoshi should resolve ShuuxRuri first. Nisekoi's been tankng lately and Ruri's chapters are often highly rated so it would make sense to do hers first. Sort of like a swan song before the penultimate arc.
i think shu/ruri is a given, its not the main story but it is certainly important, and there is no competition so its pretty much a definite thing

we may see a chapter on it but i wouldnt be surprised if it was sealed up in a few panels just before the end
 
Top