American Ultra is a fun movie, and Kristen Stewart was delicious, emotive, and good.

Wow, I hadn't paid much attention to who the kid was. Negasonic Teenage Warhead that's a pretty incredible deep cut. Even in the vast landfill of forgotten and abandoned X-Men characters.Speaking of sfx, I was really glad about how much Colossus we got to see in the film and Negasonic Teenage Warhead was a good cameo.

Yeah I thought the same when I read about her character; I had no idea who she was. This is what the director had to say about her casting and the character. To sum it up, it boils down to wanting a trainee for Colossus and loving that superhero name of Negasonic. Besides that, her character is very different to what I read from her comic representation.Can't wait, I'm going to go see Deadpool tomorrow.
Wow, I hadn't paid much attention to who the kid was. Negasonic Teenage Warhead that's a pretty incredible deep cut. Even in the vast landfill of forgotten and abandoned X-Men characters.![]()
Well simply put, to have money you have to make money. Deadpool was a gamble for them, so the budgets are usually lower for those sort of films, especially when you have to convince someone to greenlight a project after 10 years of trying. X-Men on the other hand, is their moneymaker, so they can invest a lot more in its production than Deadpool.According to the article, Fox just couldn't afford that kind of budget like MCU and Disney could. But yeah, I guess it worked out for the best.
Good gamble that paid off, especially when they pulled $7mil from the budget, I think. However, didn't they make tons of money from the X-Men series? They could have used some of that money.Well simply put, to have money you have to make money. Deadpool was a gamble for them, so the budgets are usually lower for those sort of films, especially when you have to convince someone to greenlight a project after 10 years of trying. X-Men on the other hand, is their moneymaker, so they can invest a lot more in its production than Deadpool.
I feel like that money should go to making Apocalypse not look like Ivan Ooze.Good gamble that paid off, especially when they pulled $7mil from the budget, I think. However, didn't they make tons of money from the X-Men series? They could have used some of that money.

See, I loved the Power Rangers movie. I loved Ivan Ooze as a villain. He was great, he was scary(for the four year old me, anyways), he was a proper villain. Ivan Ooze was also a kid's movie villain, the darkest thing he ever did was enslave a bunch of people. Having also grown up reading Age of Apocalypse in bits and pieces, I don't picture Apocalypse as a kids movie villain. While I wouldn't mind the resemblance otherwise, the contrast between the two in my head is too much.Googled Ivan Ooze. Now that I've seen that resemblance I'm pretty sure the odds of me being able to take any part of that movie seriously are like 2%.![]()