Fantasy - Ajeel Runs a Gauntlet | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Intel: As per manga
Intent: To win
Starting Distance: 20m

Round 1: Kagura & Mirajane (Tartarus versions)
Round 2: Kyouka & Knightwalker
Round 3: Zero & Jose
Round 4: Ikusatsunagi
Round 5: Jura
Round 6: 3 Ishgal Gods
He Gets Rest and Recovers after Each Round and Fights in Full Strength

iDooom

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Intel: As per manga
Intent: To win
Starting Distance: 20m

Beats everyone easily except possibly round 6. Hyberion's magic may pose a bit of a challenge, but the GOI don't really have enough feats to show that they could deal with Sand World. So I would say that Ajeel takes it high diff.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
He clears each round, particularly if he's serious. There shouldn't be a round where he is pushed to high difficulty.

BluePegasus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Round 1: Ajeel > Kagura & Mirajane high diff.
Round 2: Ajeel > Kyôka & Knightwalker medium to high diff.
Round 3: Ajeel > Zero & Jose high diff.
Round 4: Ikusa-tsunagi > Ajeel high diff.
Round 5: Ajeel > Jura high diff.
Round 6: 3 Gods of Ishgal > Ajeel medium diff.

Coné

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Stops at Round 6. I'm not sure if he can take out Ikusatsunagi, but Sand World + a couple of sand attacks would probably seal the deal. The 3 GoI should take it mid diff, since they're at least > Tartaros Jellal.

iDooom

Reaction score
Country
United States
Round 1: Ajeel > Kagura & Mirajane high diff.
Round 2: Ajeel > Kyôka & Knightwalker medium to high diff.
Round 3: Ajeel > Zero & Jose high diff.
Round 4: Ikusa-tsunagi > Ajeel high diff.
Round 5: Ajeel > Jura high diff.
Round 6: 3 Gods of Ishgal > Ajeel medium diff.
No way does Ajeel have high diff dealing with not even top tier pre-time skip characters and Jura gets stomped. Swords don't work on Ajeel, so I don't see Ikusa dealing any damage to Ajeel and Ajeel could probably turn him to sand eventually.
Stops at Round 6. I'm not sure if he can take out Ikusatsunagi, but Sand World + a couple of sand attacks would probably seal the deal. The 3 GoI should take it mid diff, since they're at least > Tartaros Jellal.
GOI deal with Sand World, how?

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Round 1: Ajeel win, there is just no way for pre time skip characters to beat him
Round 2: well if Kyouka used her demon form and ran around until her power surpassed Ajeel they could win, but still in an all out fight Ajeel is just a cut or 3 above them
Round 3: Zero & Jose would be a real test , both of them are real strong I could see them pushing Ajeel to extreme diff
Round 4: Don't know how Ajeel can win this, Ikusatsunagi might be too much
Round 5: Another challenging battle but Ajeel should win if he really is like Crocodile, he should have the advantage over Jura
Round 6: Easy win for the WS, Ajeel will be easily defeated

So Ajeel will take round 1, 2, 3, 5
round 4 is too difficult to call
he easily gets beat at round 6

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Ajeel can take rounds 1,2,3 Easy difficulty. Round 5 would probably be a bit closer to mid diff if we're talking current Jura. Ajeel will have to get a bit serious for that one I think. He should also be able to take round 6 with high difficulty. I believe he'd need sand world for that and if he's using sand world, it does mean he's very serious. With the GoI teaming up on him, he'd have a fair bit of trouble. Even though Serena initially incapacitated them, they managed to quickly counter and turn the tables, and probably would've won if Serena didn't have multiple DS forms. Even Jacob felt the need to step in at that point. Considering that, Ajeel would have a bit of difficulty completely defeating them.
For round 4, honestly can't say if he'd win. Natsu did defeat the god but he did it with a FDK spell. Sure we're not exactly sure of the details but Natsu's initial attack didn't even make a scratch. Ikusatsunagi also packs a great deal of power and his ground splitting attack with a single swing is actually one of the highest AoE attacks we've seen. Considering his size and range of attacks, I can actually see Ikusatsunagi being able to disperse sand world by using a sword swing to blow the attack away. Well, whether or not if that's possible, I think Ajeel will lose this. Probably mid diff for Ikusatsunagi

iDooom

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ajeel's durability >> Bluenote's as shown where he tanked Natsu's punch with minimal damage. I don't see him having any trouble against the like of Zero, Jose, or Jura, who aren't far off from Bluenote.

With Ikusatsunagi, the only problem is that Ajeel hasn't shown attacks with very large DC and I'm not sure he can drain its moisture. However, the war god is really slow and shouldn't be able to hit Ajeel, especially with sand hax or sand world. Worst case scenario, Ajeel could turn Ikusatsunagi's sword to sand and bury him in a giant mound or something.

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
i see him running through 1-3 low Diff the only one that has any chance out of those to give him any slight challenge is Zero+Jose as imo there only a tad bit weaker than Makarov individually but still low Diff there as well. 4 could give him some trouble it is kinda hard to tell as Natsu oneshotted the thing with a spell that may or may not have used fire dragon king mode but still i can't see this being any higher than mid Diff if that honestly. 5 is low Diff as well as Jura has showed he is no match for a Spriggan even with the help of 3 other mages who are ranked higher than him. Which brings me to 6 and honestly i believe this is low Diff too at best it is mid diff if i am wrong and God Serena is stronger than many of the other Spriggans. Overall he gets through this pretty easily imo.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
4 could give him some trouble it is kinda hard to tell as Natsu oneshotted the thing with a spell that may or may not have used fire dragon king mode but still i can't see this being any higher than mid Diff if that honestly
I also think Ikusatsunagi is the hardest opponent here for the same reason you mentioned. We know that a FD fist from Natsu (not full powered but not weak) didn't do much damage, but FDK demolishing strike obliterated. So the DC require is somewhere in between. Ajeel hasn't got the DC feats though.

Likewise that God doesn't have anywhere near the required skills to touch Ajeel. Maybe this one ends in a stalemate. But I doubt someone with as much power as Ajeel can lose to a God, so I go with Ajeel on that.

Coné

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Wait, so how would Ajeel possibly beat all the GoI? He still lost to Erza + Jupiter...

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Sandworld engulfs GoI... then Ajeel takes them all out individually with choke hold + sand axe combo.

No shame in being beat by a few slashes, Jupiter and then Nakagami starlight. Takes a serious tank to stand after that.

Erza has better feats this arc than Hyberion, Wolfheim or Warrod. She'd beat them in a 1 v 1... unless they are a lot better than they showed.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Sandworld engulfs GoI... then Ajeel takes them all out individually with choke hold + sand axe combo.
Sand World won't be the major spell to defeat opponents, it's more like a spell to give opponents a harder time. I wouldn't be surprised if Wolfheim can move freely in his Beast Form when Sand World is cast. Plus he can track him down with scent (he must have a good scent since he is a werewolf). Sand World won't be any problem for Wolfheim, he isn't a normal human like Erza. Hyberion could prevent Ajeel from attacking by manipulating his blood.

Erza has better feats this arc than Hyberion, Wolfheim or Warrod. She'd beat them in a 1 v 1... unless they are a lot better than they showed.
Erza could defeat Warrod, I guess. Wouldn't be so hard for her to slash through his trees. She is in an advantage against him. I wouldn't be so sure if she could defeat Wolfheim and Hyberion, I need to see more from them before I can say.

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sand World won't be the major spell to defeat opponents, it's more like a spell to give opponents a harder time. I wouldn't be surprised if Wolfheim can move freely in his Beast Form when Sand World is cast. Plus he can track him down with scent (he must have a good scent since he is a werewolf). Sand World won't be any problem for Wolfheim, he isn't a normal human like Erza. Hyberion could prevent Ajeel from attacking by manipulating his blood.

Erza could defeat Warrod, I guess. Wouldn't be so hard for her to slash through his trees. She is in an advantage against him. I wouldn't be so sure if she could defeat Wolfheim and Hyberion, I need to see more from them before I can say.
I agree that it's not guaranteed that she could defeat each one and i say that mostly because we have seen so little from them but that also makes me think that based on what we have seen she is stronger imo. As far as Wolfenheim countering Sand World i disagree, it's possible as is anything that we have not seen in regards to him tracking Ajeel by scent but a sand storm that huge would be unearthing all types of things into the air making tracking by scent quite difficult plus even if he could from what i can tell Ajeel can essentially merge with the sand in midair so how is he going to not only dodge his attacks but fight him under those circumstances? Than add in the fact that Hyberion may not even be able to see Ajeel who's to say he can even activate his power or that it would have any more of an effect on Ajeel than it did on God Serena? The GOI simply lack feats imo that part of the arc was poorly done for the simple fact that it showed so little like i said therefore making them seem weaker than many other characters right now and it made the whole God Serena vs most of the other Spriggan debate largely up to interpretation.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Yes Sandworld is basically a utility spell that allows Ajeel to cover the whole area with sand so it won't be doing damage - but it gives Ajeel opportunity to sneak up on anyone. It's perfect against many opponents because he can also hide in the sand too. Wolfheim has water in him just like Erza, but you're right Ajeel probably can't pick him up and choke him lol. I'm not entirely sure how Hyberions magic works, like if he can do it instantly, or if he can do it without looking at his opponent. But Serena broke free of it so I really can't see why Ajeel can't.

I'm only judging from their fights it's possible they might be stronger than Erza. But for now I think she's got the better record so it's on the GoI to prove they are better.

Coné

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
So the other GOI would just be still while Ajeel chokes them? And how's sand axe doing anything to Wolfheim and Hyberion? Their attack potency can be scaled to Jellal's Sema, which also scales to their durability since Wolfheim is a physical battler and Hyberion is stronger than him. And no, the sand axe isn't more powerful than Sema.

No shame in being beat by a few slashes, Jupiter and then Nakagami starlight. Takes a serious tank to stand after that.

Though the GOI do have better attacks than that... Their attacks can be scaled with Sema since it was stated that they were much stronger than GMG Jura who was being high diffed by Jellal. And Warrod's trees move several times faster than Ajeel.

Except scaling is a thing here... and the GOI get good scaling with Jellal's Sema and combat speed.

Though Erza could actually see Ajeel after Sand World was casted. She just couldn't keep up with him, which won't happen since we have 3 characters faster than pre-skip Jellal and Warrod can cast trees that move at speeds superior to Mach 200 due to the Sun Village feat.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
So the other GOI would just be still while Ajeel chokes them? And how's sand axe doing anything to Wolfheim and Hyberion? Their attack potency can be scaled to Jellal's Sema, which also scales to their durability since Wolfheim is a physical battler and Hyberion is stronger than him. And no, the sand axe isn't more powerful than Sema.
The other GOI wouldn't know unless they're holding hands or something. I think Sand Axe can cut the GoI. Maybe not but I'm thinking it can. Sema's an awesome AoE feat but it's DC is to defeat OS members iirc. Are you saying that the GoI have DC to beat pre-skip OS member? I have them stronger than that.

Though the GOI do have better attacks than that... Their attacks can be scaled with Sema since it was stated that they were much stronger than GMG Jura who was being high diffed by Jellal. And Warrod's trees move several times faster than Ajeel.

Except scaling is a thing here... and the GOI get good scaling with Jellal's Sema and combat speed.
The GoI don't have a single feat equal to Nakagami Starlight. The best is Hyberions' magic, and it can be overcome by Spriggan tiers. Warrod's trees could be used for cover in Sandworld. He'd actually be the most important person in this fight for the GoI with trees being utilised against Ajeel's sand magic.

You can have your scaling, but I'll tell you why it doesn't work in this case. No GoI member has HB magic, nor shown a magic that enhances speed significantly to the point that it's overwhelmingly fast on panel. There's even 3 Spriggans who've shown inferior speed to Meteor, plus there's Hades/Mard/Gildarts who are stronger than Jellal pre-skip but have inferior speed. Thus scaling speed with power levels is disproved by the manga - Idk if panels are considered as quality control for scaling but it should. Possibly general speed could be scaled ie non-spell speed. I think the GoI move about as fast as Hades, but if you think they looked Meteor speed on panel that's fine.

Aizen

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
i think scaling is a tricky thing as everyone has there own view on how much they factor that into subjects like this, i think a thing to point out here is that even if the GOI are scaled to Jellal which i agree with Brandish that you really can't do that here none of them have showed an attack on par with Sema, There are many characters in Fairy Tail and in shonen manga in general where they may be weaker as a whole than one character but have a stronger attack than anything the stronger character has shown so saying that there attack potency is as high as Sema does not make much sense to me.

Last edited:

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Stops at Round 1. Gets one shotted by Mira and Kagura.