Discussion - Merlin | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Merlin

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Just figured I'd ask this but ever since we got these spoilers it's been making think about Merlin and Mel's relationship. From these spoilers we clearly see Mel and Gowther together as part of the TC. We know that this predates the outbreak of the war (as Gowther hasn't disappeared yet) meaning that it they must've known each other for over 3000 years. However, in one of the recent chapters question corner it mentioned that out of all of the sins Mel and Merlin knew each other the longest. So what I'm wondering is where does Merlin come into the mix? Does her and Mel's relationship predate further back then 3000 years ago? Or is this a contradiction?
I think Merlin is a Demon.Reasons:-
i)She knew much about the Demons and the Ten Commandments.
ii)She knew magic similar to the Demons like that cube and about Gowther.
iii)In the original Arthurian Legend Merlin was a Half Demon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Considering how old she is, do you think Merlin is currently "nerfed" like Meliodas and Gowther are currently? With the Commandments having a PL of 26K+ I doubt she was at 4710 all this time. She must have been a famous and pwoerful Magician back then too, even Meliodas fears her.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Considering how old she is, do you think Merlin is currently "nerfed" like Meliodas and Gowther are currently? With the Commandments having a PL of 26K+ I doubt she was at 4710 all this time. She must have been a famous and pwoerful Magician back then too, even Meliodas fears her.
I do since well I think Merlin is fallen goddess who had her powers took away by her fellow members. Merlin power up will be getting her goddess powers back.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I doubt Meliodas fears her. She's simply crafty, so Meliodas is wary of what she might be able to do.
Still, she's very weak as she is, so something must have happened.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Could Merlin master is the great magician who created Gowther? Who could be none other than the Demon King himself. If so I bet Merlin was there when the Demon King made Gowther. The royal family which Merlin created Balor magicial eye for is the demon royal family. This is gonna sound insane but if the Demon King isn't Merlin father I could see them being lovers instead.

Last edited:

Killerbee12

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I look up the sacred treasure. And look up merlins. Aldan is da name is Merlin mother, and morning star symbolize the devil. Add this to nnt and u can c the connection. I think Merlin is a half breed, a goddess and demon. The reason she is not pure goddess be cuz she cannot reverse the curse of the decree.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Sure is strange that were slowly finding out Melidoas past and secrets yet we barely know anything about Merlin. Merlin been around since chapter 62 yet we don't even know her innate magic ability. I don't think were gonna get much information about Merlin until the goddess are introduced either.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Could Merlin innate magic have something to do with mimic other abilities? We know Merlin created the incantation orbs with each orb having such vast different abilities. Merlin being a mimic could explain how she was able to create all those orbs with such different abilities we've seen. Maybe that's the main reason why Merlin loves studying and researching everything because not only dose she gain knowledge but also abilities. Merlin is the Sin Glutton after all and her being Glutton for knowledge and abilities would defiantly make her worthy of that Sin. With Merlin being connected to Boars and Hawk's ability Transpork allowing him to use and take on abilities and characteristics of the spices he's eaten. Makes me think Merlin ability could be similar to his but on a higher level. Instead of Merlin eating something/someone like Hawk to gain their ability she has to study and research the ability maybe even see it in action. Maybe that's what Merlin be doing these past 3,000 years collecting abilities as well keeping an eye on Meliodas and Gowther.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Could Merlin innate magic have something to do with mimic other abilities? We know Merlin created the incantation orbs with each orb having such vast different abilities. Merlin being a mimic could explain how she was able to create all those orbs with such different abilities we've seen. Maybe that's the main reason why Merlin loves studying and researching everything because not only dose she gain knowledge but also abilities. Merlin is the Sin Glutton after all and her being Glutton for knowledge and abilities would defiantly make her worthy of that Sin. With Merlin being connected to Boars and Hawk's ability Transpork allowing him to use and take on abilities and characteristics of the spices he's eaten. Makes me think Merlin ability could be similar to his but on a higher level. Instead of Merlin eating something/someone like Hawk to gain their ability she has to study and research the ability maybe even see it in action. Maybe that's what Merlin be doing these past 3,000 years collecting abilities as well keeping an eye on Meliodas and Gowther.
It's not her innate ability, Wizards like her and Vivian can do things like that, Vivian once used a spell called QUad Element Destroyer, it combined earth, fire, water and wind together. She also used Freeze Coffin. These spells are not linked to their innate magics, Gilfrost can probably spells like that too but Ice is his specialty.

We have Holy Knights who can control certain elements with their innate magics, and the are all supposed to be unique.

Fire: Cain with Blaze.
Ice: Gustaf with Ice Fang.
Lightning: Gilthunder with Thunderbolt
Wind: Howzer with Tempest.

I'd really like Nakaba to give more details about Wizards.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Goddesses are supposed to have healing powers IIRC, so Merlin who couldn't heal Bartra doesn't qualify theoretically. Plus Zaratras said that normally, no one can live more than 3000 years and yet she is there. In this chapter the weak HKs also felt a different aura from the Goddess, and yet Galan felt nothing from Merlin... Complicated...
Merlin being a fallen goddess is the only thing that makes sense at this point. I mean why keep Merlin race and age a secret at this point in the story if she not a meber of the goddess clan and over 3000 years old?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
It's not her innate ability, Wizards like her and Vivian can do things like that, Vivian once used a spell called QUad Element Destroyer, it combined earth, fire, water and wind together. She also used Freeze Coffin. These spells are not linked to their innate magics, Gilfrost can probably spells like that too but Ice is his specialty.

We have Holy Knights who can control certain elements with their innate magics, and the are all supposed to be unique.

Fire: Cain with Blaze.
Ice: Gustaf with Ice Fang.
Lightning: Gilthunder with Thunderbolt
Wind: Howzer with Tempest.

I'd really like Nakaba to give more details about Wizards.
So with Merlin magic being infinity looks like I might be right after all about her mimic other people innate magic.

Magiie

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
The only way of living a looong time we have seen so far is being sealed.
What I think is the races have their bodies destroyed after death and their soul travel to another place.. with merlin we have seen her "moving" er soul to a diferent place.. the point is merlin's current body might be just a vessel, her real body "died or is not usable", could merlin "seal herself in a body or object that way living that long".

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
So quite a bit of interesting information we found out about Merlin in this fanbook. What do you think Merlin Infinity magic can do? Why dose she regret being born? Who did she confess her love too?

Escanorzoldyck

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
What if merlin is just a human ?
And she was ugly fat and eats too much when she was younger
And there was once a very handsom hk she had a crush on she confessed her but he refused and called her a pig then she transformed him into a pig and ate him
Seems like she surpassed her master

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
It's been said that her confession was the most embarassing moment of her life but we don't know if she has been rejected.

She could be from the Human race and created something to get a longer lifespan.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Where did you read that Merlin had a master that she quickly surpassed?

Escanorzoldyck

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Someone mentiond it here and nf

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Belia name means God Promise and if you add an l it you get the fallen angel Belial and Merlin birthplace can also be spelled Belialuin. So that would make 2 fallen angels who are also linked to devil Lucifer/Belial connectioned to Merlin.

Bigbootyjudy

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
What if merlin is just a human ?
And she was ugly fat and eats too much when she was younger
And there was once a very handsom hk she had a crush on she confessed her but he refused and called her a pig then she transformed him into a pig and ate him
Seems like she surpassed her master
LMAO stahp

Belia name means God Promise and if you add an l it you get the fallen angel Belial and Merlin birthplace can also be spelled Belialuin. So that would make 2 fallen angels who are also linked to devil Lucifer/Belial connectioned to Merlin.
But if her name is Belial, or if she is the fallen angel, why would the place she was born be named Belialruin? You'd anticipate that the place she would be born would be the Goddess realm, unless she was corrupted from birth.

My hunch is that she is half goddess, and half demon. I would argue that it was her mother who was the fallen angel not her. So she was born where "Belial" was ruined (aka corrupted). That also would fit with her thing about regretting being born; she feels like she ruined her mother, who was pretty much ostracized from her family. And it would fit with the original Merlin being half demon.

Escanorzoldyck

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Did anyone noticed these humans or whatever they are in merlin's tattoo?

FKS

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
We already saw them. And we have no idea who they might be (perhaps the victims of her gluttony?), perhaps we need to know more about Merlin's sin for an answer.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
But if her name is Belial, or if she is the fallen angel, why would the place she was born be named Belialruin? You'd anticipate that the place she would be born would be the Goddess realm, unless she was corrupted from birth.

My hunch is that she is half goddess, and half demon. I would argue that it was her mother who was the fallen angel not her. So she was born where "Belial" was ruined (aka corrupted). That also would fit with her thing about regretting being born; she feels like she ruined her mother, who was pretty much ostracized from her family. And it would fit with the original Merlin being half demon.
I don't think Merlin name is Belial just that she has another connection to a fallen angel linked to the devil. Like Merlin weapon being named the Morning Star who is Lucifer and her birthplace having Bealil name. Don't think it's coincidence either that Merlin is connected to these names.