1. This web comic needs more readers. So what are you waiting for? Read :D.
  2. It's that time of the year again! The seventh annual MangaHelpers Community Awards are here. Click HERE to join in the fun and nominate your choices!
  3. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  4. The nomination round has ended and the first round of voting begins now. Click HERE to begin voting!
  5. The fourth voting round is here! Vote for your favorite Manga now!
  6. Congratulations Kappa123 for winning the Pets Coloring contest!, and well done to the other participants!.

New Week, New Contest!
    Grab your camera! The theme is Friends Photography.

Voting has begun for the Survival Poem contest!.
  7. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Discussion Merlin

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by Notice me Escanor senpai, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

India
    I think Merlin is a Demon.Reasons:-
    i)She knew much about the Demons and the Ten Commandments.
    ii)She knew magic similar to the Demons like that cube and about Gowther.
    iii)In the original Arthurian Legend Merlin was a Half Demon.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  2. Demonspeed

Demonspeed The Queen

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    Considering how old she is, do you think Merlin is currently "nerfed" like Meliodas and Gowther are currently? With the Commandments having a PL of 26K+ I doubt she was at 4710 all this time. She must have been a famous and pwoerful Magician back then too, even Meliodas fears her.

3. Aloy

Aloy Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

England
    I do since well I think Merlin is fallen goddess who had her powers took away by her fellow members. Merlin power up will be getting her goddess powers back.

4. Gallon

Gallon Artichoke

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mangahelper

Fun Forum
    I doubt Meliodas fears her. She's simply crafty, so Meliodas is wary of what she might be able to do.
    Still, she's very weak as she is, so something must have happened.

5. Aloy

Aloy Registered User

England
    Could Merlin master is the great magician who created Gowther? Who could be none other than the Demon King himself. If so I bet Merlin was there when the Demon King made Gowther. The royal family which Merlin created Balor magicial eye for is the demon royal family. This is gonna sound insane but if the Demon King isn't Merlin father I could see them being lovers instead.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  6. Killerbee12

Killerbee12 Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

United States
    I look up the sacred treasure. And look up merlins. Aldan is da name is Merlin mother, and morning star symbolize the devil. Add this to nnt and u can c the connection. I think Merlin is a half breed, a goddess and demon. The reason she is not pure goddess be cuz she cannot reverse the curse of the decree.

7. Aloy

Aloy Registered User

England
    Sure is strange that were slowly finding out Melidoas past and secrets yet we barely know anything about Merlin. Merlin been around since chapter 62 yet we don't even know her innate magic ability. I don't think were gonna get much information about Merlin until the goddess are introduced either.

Yakkun likes this.
  8. Aloy

Aloy Registered User

England
    Could Merlin innate magic have something to do with mimic other abilities? We know Merlin created the incantation orbs with each orb having such vast different abilities. Merlin being a mimic could explain how she was able to create all those orbs with such different abilities we've seen. Maybe that's the main reason why Merlin loves studying and researching everything because not only dose she gain knowledge but also abilities. Merlin is the Sin Glutton after all and her being Glutton for knowledge and abilities would defiantly make her worthy of that Sin. With Merlin being connected to Boars and Hawk's ability Transpork allowing him to use and take on abilities and characteristics of the spices he's eaten. Makes me think Merlin ability could be similar to his but on a higher level. Instead of Merlin eating something/someone like Hawk to gain their ability she has to study and research the ability maybe even see it in action. Maybe that's what Merlin be doing these past 3,000 years collecting abilities as well keeping an eye on Meliodas and Gowther.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  9. Demonspeed

Demonspeed The Queen

Global Moderator

France
    It's not her innate ability, Wizards like her and Vivian can do things like that, Vivian once used a spell called QUad Element Destroyer, it combined earth, fire, water and wind together. She also used Freeze Coffin. These spells are not linked to their innate magics, Gilfrost can probably spells like that too but Ice is his specialty.

We have Holy Knights who can control certain elements with their innate magics, and the are all supposed to be unique.

Fire: Cain with Blaze.
    Ice: Gustaf with Ice Fang.
    Lightning: Gilthunder with Thunderbolt
    Wind: Howzer with Tempest.

I'd really like Nakaba to give more details about Wizards.

10. Aloy

Aloy Registered User

England
    Merlin being a fallen goddess is the only thing that makes sense at this point. I mean why keep Merlin race and age a secret at this point in the story if she not a meber of the goddess clan and over 3000 years old?
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 17, 2016, Original Post Date: Aug 3, 2016 ---
    So with Merlin magic being infinity looks like I might be right after all about her mimic other people innate magic.

11. Magiie

Magiie Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Colombia
    The only way of living a looong time we have seen so far is being sealed.
    What I think is the races have their bodies destroyed after death and their soul travel to another place.. with merlin we have seen her "moving" er soul to a diferent place.. the point is merlin's current body might be just a vessel, her real body "died or is not usable", could merlin "seal herself in a body or object that way living that long".

12. Aloy

Aloy Registered User

England
    So quite a bit of interesting information we found out about Merlin in this fanbook. What do you think Merlin Infinity magic can do? Why dose she regret being born? Who did she confess her love too?

13. Escanorzoldyck

Escanorzoldyck Registered User

Holy Britannian Empire
    What if merlin is just a human ?
    And she was ugly fat and eats too much when she was younger
    And there was once a very handsom hk she had a crush on she confessed her but he refused and called her a pig then she transformed him into a pig and ate him
    Seems like she surpassed her master

14. Demonspeed

Demonspeed The Queen

Global Moderator

France
    It's been said that her confession was the most embarassing moment of her life but we don't know if she has been rejected.

She could be from the Human race and created something to get a longer lifespan.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 20, 2016, Original Post Date: Aug 19, 2016 ---
    Where did you read that Merlin had a master that she quickly surpassed?

15. Escanorzoldyck

Holy Britannian Empire
    Someone mentiond it here and nf

16. Aloy

Aloy Registered User

England
    Belia name means God Promise and if you add an l it you get the fallen angel Belial and Merlin birthplace can also be spelled Belialuin. So that would make 2 fallen angels who are also linked to devil Lucifer/Belial connectioned to Merlin.

17. Bigbootyjudy

Bigbootyjudy Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Band of the Hawks 2
    LMAO stahp

But if her name is Belial, or if she is the fallen angel, why would the place she was born be named Belialruin? You'd anticipate that the place she would be born would be the Goddess realm, unless she was corrupted from birth.

My hunch is that she is half goddess, and half demon. I would argue that it was her mother who was the fallen angel not her. So she was born where "Belial" was ruined (aka corrupted). That also would fit with her thing about regretting being born; she feels like she ruined her mother, who was pretty much ostracized from her family. And it would fit with the original Merlin being half demon.

18. Escanorzoldyck

Holy Britannian Empire
    Did anyone noticed these humans or whatever they are in merlin's tattoo?
    [​IMG]

19. FKS

FKS Mangahelper

Mangahelper

France
    We already saw them. And we have no idea who they might be (perhaps the victims of her gluttony?), perhaps we need to know more about Merlin's sin for an answer.

20. Aloy

Aloy Registered User

England
    I don't think Merlin name is Belial just that she has another connection to a fallen angel linked to the devil. Like Merlin weapon being named the Morning Star who is Lucifer and her birthplace having Bealil name. Don't think it's coincidence either that Merlin is connected to these names.