Hangout Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

What do you like most about FT/what will you miss most about FT? (3 choices)

  • The individual characters

  • Moments when the guild is together

  • The storytelling and plot twists

  • Speculating about what could come up in the story/plot/characters

  • Shipping moments that have or you wish to take place

  • The feels

  • The fights/battles

  • The character designs/appearance

  • The villains

  • The comedy

  • The fanservice

  • The epic entrances, lines, and badass moments

  • Seeing side guilds (non-FT) get attention

  • The anime

  • Soundtracks/OP/ED in the anime

  • Mashima's art/twitter


Results are only viewable after voting.

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
@Brandish my only suggestion is just to edit the previous chapter review with spoiler tags after a new review is posted, just so we don't have to scroll and make the page loading take forever. Besides that I deff wanna try one.

This is better suited to small forums tbh xD
Are you absolutely sure about that buddy?
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
@Brandish my only suggestion is just to edit the previous chapter review with spoiler tags after a new review is posted, just so we don't have to scroll and make the page loading take forever. Besides that I deff wanna try one.



Are you absolutely sure about that buddy?
Or better yet, just send them to a Forum Moderator through PM :lulzobito
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,107
Reaction score
12,870
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
@Brandish The new review thread is cool, But there is no need for personal comments on it like "At this point it's more borderline ****** than fanservice,This isn't NaLu hate, I'm not being anti NaLu, I'm being pro Lucy, Lucy is a powerful". Reviews have rules it's first rule is to keep your personal opinions to yourself"

This ain't a review tbh. More like some guy who write what he felt about the chapter. At this point you should allow more than one review for the chapter.

Rating the chapter even is a personal matter.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
@Brandish The new review thread is cool, But there is no need for personal comments on it like "At this point it's more borderline ****** than fanservice,This isn't NaLu hate, I'm not being anti NaLu, I'm being pro Lucy, Lucy is a powerful". Reviews have rules it's first rule is to keep your personal opinions to yourself"

This ain't a review tbh. More like some guy who write what he felt about the chapter.
I looked over the review, and thought it was fine. It should be noted that you've picked out a small portion of the review.

I understand, since you disagree entirely on the subject, but I don't see why a review can't contain an opinion about a moment that was unnecessary or in distaste. I guess you can make a point about the piece being written in third person, though that won't really change the subject matter at all. This scene was controversial, and how fanservice is used in the story is also controversial. You only have to look at the chapter thread to see how polarising that scene was among the fans. I don't see why the review can't pick a side here.
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,107
Reaction score
12,870
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
I looked over the review, and thought it was fine. It should be noted that you've picked out a small portion of the review.

I understand, since you disagree entirely on the subject, but I don't see why a review can't contain an opinion about a moment that was unnecessary or in distaste. I guess you can make a point about the piece being written in third person, though that won't really change the subject matter at all. This scene was controversial, and how fanservice is used in the story is also controversial. You only have to look at the chapter thread to see how polarising that scene was among the fans. I don't see why the review can't pick a side here.
The difference is you made this review thread exposed to all masses. Yes you can give your opinion but in limited conditions like Streamers when they do their reviews and say their opinion on their video but that because ppl wants to know what they think about the currents events therefore they subscribe.

As you said it's controversial scene, At least He/She should say some loved this moments and some didn't. Not his/her opinion on the matter.
this is just wrong and disrespectful to the fans who liked it.
He nitpicking at this moment and left Irene plot line untouched from the so called criticizing. This is not good or healthy but complete bias.

At the end of the day this is a forum for Fairy Tail fans first and foremost, We have different views on everything creating an atmosphere of negativity around a certain event of this chapters isn't the sort of environment that you want to provide for all the users.
 

Linali

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2015
Messages
1,097
Reaction score
7,292
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
Imho review can contain personal opinion of the writer. If it was summary of the chapter, then it's forbiden, summary shoud be impersonal. So how about changing "Review thread" into "Summary thread"? I guess in this way it won't offend anyone ;)
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
The difference is you made this review thread exposed to all masses. Yes you can give your opinion but in limited conditions like Streamers when they do their reviews and say their opinion on their video but that because ppl wants to know what they think about the currents events therefore they subscribe.
Well it's put on the MH front page. Youtube streamers have reviews on a channel, they have a lot more exposure.

As you said it's controversial scene, At least He/She should say some loved this moments and some didn't. Not his/her opinion on the matter.
this is just wrong and disrespectful to the fans who liked it.
He nitpicking at this moment and left Irene plot line untouched from the so called criticizing. This is not good or healthy but complete bias.

At the end of the day this is a forum for Fairy Tail fans first and foremost, We have different views on everything creating an atmosphere of negativity around a certain event of this chapters isn't the sort of environment that you want to provide for all the users.
Idk how many reviews (from journalists about movies) I have read where I've disagreed on their take of a scene; you see different reviewers disagree about the same movie. Interpretations are always going to be different. My comment about the controversy is to put into context the difference in interpretations... I wasn't trying to suggest the review should contain wide range of interpretations for each scene (the reviewer should have their own take).

Yes I agree we don't want to create a negative atmosphere, though the review was just being critical about a certain aspect. People are going to disagree.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
What is the point for a whole thread for review? I mean you can share you opinion in the chapter discussion thread.
Are you implying that a review is completely absent of bias or opinion?

You say you don't want to create negative atmosphere yet you encourage them to do so.
That review (and I'm considering it for it's entirety, not just cherry picking) didn't give off a negative impression to me. And I was more annoyed with the flashback than I was the NaLu stuff.

You may have the last word on this. I may seek some advice/feedback from superior mods to me about the review, but nothing was said to me, so I assume the review was good to go.
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,107
Reaction score
12,870
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
Are you implying that a review is completely absent of bias or opinion?



That review (and I'm considering it for it's entirety, not just cherry picking) didn't give off a negative impression to me. And I was more annoyed with the flashback than I was the NaLu stuff.

You may have the last word on this. I may seek some advice/feedback from superior mods to me about the review, but nothing was said to me, so I assume the review was good to go.
You left it open for anyone to do it. I didn't click the review thread to read that reviewer opinion because he already said it in the chapter discussion, I clicked to see a review no need of personal opinion. Yes the review should be absent of any bias or opinion specially when you give it to a large masses that comes occasionally to visit the site. They didn't come to see a member review by name they come to see MH's review about the recent FT chapter. It should be cleansed from that. There is a chapter discussion for this. 2 different thread for different reasons.

I'm not fighting you or trying to win an argument. I'm disgusted from this unhealthy review that served some ppl only. Plus the bias ofc.
 
Last edited:

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
@Debonair Raven I don't want to say much, but a review contains someone's own opinion about the thing he or she is reviewing which means that person can go all out in expressing a certain point of view. You can't restrict being critical, that's basically the main norm in a review.
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
@Debonair Raven I don't want to say much, but a review contains someone's own opinion about the thing he or she is reviewing which means that person can go all out in expressing a certain point of view. You can't restrict being critical, that's basically the main norm in a review.
True but a review needs to be as objective as possible and this was stated in the guidelines posted by @Brandish too in the review thread. That thread clearly had a bit of bias too as even though it pointed out some flaws within the Irene plotline (iirc), it failed to criticize them and still gave the chapter 10/10. I actually agree a bit with @Debonair Raven
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
@Brandish The new review thread is cool, But there is no need for personal comments on it like "At this point it's more borderline ****** than fanservice,This isn't NaLu hate, I'm not being anti NaLu, I'm being pro Lucy, Lucy is a powerful". Reviews have rules it's first rule is to keep your personal opinions to yourself"

This ain't a review tbh. More like some guy who write what he felt about the chapter. At this point you should allow more than one review for the chapter.

Rating the chapter even is a personal matter.
A review is a personal thing. It's your own opinion. There wouldn't be any point in writing one otherwise. As for the forum being mainly for FT Fans, that's entirely untrue. Yes we have a Fairy Tail Section right here but the Forum is for anyone and everyone
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
. I don't see why the review can't pick a side here.
That's exactly what a good review should do. If you can't have a definite opinion on what you're reviewing then it's a pretty bad review
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,107
Reaction score
12,870
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
A review is a personal thing. It's your own opinion. There wouldn't be any point in writing one otherwise. As for the forum being mainly for FT Fans, that's entirely untrue. Yes we have a Fairy Tail Section right here but the Forum is for anyone and everyone
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

That's exactly what a good review should do. If you can't have a definite opinion on what you're reviewing then it's a pretty bad review
I won't repeat myself again. But a good review shouldn't be biased and unhealthy specially when it exposed to big numbers. It seems that you guys never read reviews before or something.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I won't repeat myself again. But a good review shouldn't be biased and unhealthy. It seems that you guys never read reviews before or something.
I didn't say it had to be biased or unhealthy. I simply stated that a review without your opinion is just.... Pointless. If you aren't writing what you think of he chapter, then just what exactly are you writing?
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,107
Reaction score
12,870
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
I didn't say it had to be biased or unhealthy. I simply stated that a review without your opinion is just.... Pointless. If you aren't writing what you think of he chapter, then just what exactly are you writing?
You're writing what happened in the chapter without "I don't like this or that Or i like that" You have chapter discussion thread for your opinion. Or A reviewer must balance if he is going to criticize then he should be unbiased and criticize the unforeshadowed parts as well :cookiehand
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
A review is supposed to pick a side. In the case of manga chapters, it should either be a negative or a positive side but a review needs to be as unbiased and objective as possible. I believe this FT chapter review had a bit of bias in it, no offence to @Belserion :).
 

BluePegasus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
1,818
Reaction score
5,128
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
If we're referring to the review of latest chapter here; it doesn't contain bias at all. Seriously, some people just can't separate the definition of bias and a viewpoint. Complaining about Lucy being used for fanservice once more is very reasonable, it's just some common irritation we all have. No one ever said something negative about a certain character, there was only complained about the progress of one.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
You're writing what happened in the chapter without "I don't like this or that Or i like that" You have chapter discussion thread for your opinion. Or A reviewer must balance if he is going to criticize then he should be unbiased and criticize the unforeshadowed parts as well :cookiehand
https://mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/chapter-review-tokyo-ghoul-re-105.3006648/

Note that in my review I have my "opinions" on things as well. I get some of the points you're trying to make here but opinion is key.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
If we're referring to the review of latest chapter here; it doesn't contain bias at all. Seriously, some people just can't separate the definition of bias and a viewpoint. Complaining about Lucy being used for fanservice once more is very reasonable, it's just some common irritation we all have. No one ever said something negative about a certain character, there was only complained about the progress of one.
Some reviews seem to be more of a recount of the events. Instead, I like to add even more of what I reacted to and thought of things.
 

Aizen

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2016
Messages
1,469
Reaction score
4,067
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ok i am just gonna say this because i feel like i must. Reviews are many things but they are not completely "unbias"...Like anyone who thinks that is kinda kidding themselves to a degree as the fact is we all have bias. @Belserion Wrote a review based off her opinion of how the events went down. Is she bias to Irene a bit? I am sure she is but the fact is we all have things we simply like and dislike and as such that is what makes up a review. There are many kinds of reviews too and hers simply laid out the events in the order they went and gave an opinion on them....Which is what a review SHOULD do. The fact that we are criticising Belserion on this is kinda sad imo, as it proves my point i made in the chapter thread that if someone says something that others disagree with it's all of sudden this huge issue.:epicfacepalm It was a new thing Brandish is trying out and i think it went over quite well imo, if you don't like the reviews don't read them.
 
Top