Lol, Happy new year everyone.
Seems like the argument above got a bit heated.
FT wasn't that good this year,too many negatives when in face with the positives,Mashima should collect his thoughts and plan for the story instead of making things on spot, otherwise the plot is gonna always be something out of nowhere.I'm gonna drop some of my opinions on the MCs this year.
-
Natsu : some might already know that I really don't like Natsu. But still,I blame Mashima for that.If Mashima could handle his character good,I would have been a fan,but he is doing a bad job with the PoF and one-shots everywhere.I also believe partial END is lame
.
-
Lucy : Let me give you a brief summary of Lucy this year, she can't keep her clothes for 5 chapters. Mashima really isn't doing good for her character as she is being used as a tool for fanservice,she hasn't been that good this year.
-
Erza : Actually,and if I go back to my older self before Alvarez and say "Erza is gonna be one of the best this arc" I would be surprised.She hasn't used much PoF this arc,and her fight with Ajeel wasn't as bad as other fights this arc.But the bad thing about her this year is Irene,I believe Irene-Erza relation is unnecessary and Wendy+Erza vs Irene hasn't been that good, still better than Kyouka vs Erza though.
-
Gray : Oh god,now this pains me but, Gray got treated bad this arc, Invel vs Gray was the first time he used PoF,or more likely PoL, regardless of that it ruined his character for me a bit,but his fight with Partial END killed it that fight wasn't good.
-
Happy : I wasn't happy with Happy.I am still not happy with Happy.I am -probably- not gonna be happy with Happy.
-
Wendy : Wendy has done so many things this arc,let me count a few :
1-She healed Juvia's death.
Wendy is Ankhseram confirmed.
2-She could enchant on Irene's level.And her MP is slightly less than Irene's.
3-She hurt Irene's body and gave Erza her yet-to-be-named Armor which also could hurt Irene.
By this,I reached the conclusion of "Wendy >> Laxus".I'm hyped asf for Wendy vs August, even more than Wendy vs Acnologia.
-
Brandish : Meh,I am gonna mention her alone of the fodder 11. She is the biggest hypocrite I have seen in a manga,such a bad character.She had a good intro, but a very bad outro.Hope I don't see her very much in 2017.
-
Polyruisca :She got more screentime than Laxus.