Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
That chick really annoys the hell out of me, hoping someone to punch her in the face.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Kimetsu's cover is hype, Tanjiro completed his transformation from a water bender to a fire bender

Whim's mc looks like Mr. Burns' alien, that thing will hunt me in my dreams
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
remember a couple of days ago when I talked about Hori shilling a oneshot on his twitter? it was scanlated thanks to kobester

http://bato.to/reader#21bfadfe4ac33af2

give it a read, it's cute
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I think Gotouge's art is still a bit wonky in the chapters, but it has improved. That cover is on a different level though.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Kimetsu's cover is hype, Tanjiro completed his transformation from a water bender to a fire bender

Whim's mc looks like Mr. Burns' alien, that thing will hunt me in my dreams
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
remember a couple of days ago when I talked about Hori shilling a oneshot on his twitter? it was scanlated thanks to kobester

http://bato.to/reader#21bfadfe4ac33af2

give it a read, it's cute
That was a good one-shot, really lovely. I'd like to see more of Tsumu and Saguri explorations and ofc little romantic moments between them, with new friends coming along their expeditions, their parents worried about the danger, teachers shouting at them to be more aware of their student life, etc and etc. You could even add new adventures to it, like them finding a site where a company throws out illegally their industrious trash and trying to get the officals involved to clean up that beautiful scenary. Or a cave-in where they have to save other or have to find a way home together in the wilderness.
This could make for a nice series.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
That cover looks dope but I'm honestly not seeing the hype in KnY like I did for Neverland... besides that cover I don't really like the art too much, or it just doesn't look too cool to me. Neverland's is creepy looking but it's a cool kind of creepy.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't think that The Promised Neverland is creepy... Mysterious, maybe, but not creepy... The art is lighter than I would expect from a series of its content... The first cover and the subsequent color pages gave this mysterious vibe as well...
The next issue preview goes even farther, I just see a cute little boy there. XD
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That cover looks dope but I'm honestly not seeing the hype in KnY like I did for Neverland... besides that cover I don't really like the art too much, or it just doesn't look too cool to me. Neverland's is creepy looking but it's a cool kind of creepy.
KnY's art kinda surprises me. There's moments where I think it's wonky/bad, but then the author does these outstanding character designs that blow me away. Overall, I'd say the art is improving, though. Still, it's very much worth reading.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm still hoping that the demons will eat one of the MCs in Neverland... It would be awesome. (I hope it's the annoying girl who want's to save them all.)
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
:gtfo:gtfo:gtfo
You're not Shark.
And I'm not kidding xD. She is the embodiment of the "friendship power" that I so much hate in manga nowadays. She's not even intelligent as the other guys. I don't care if she's a girl... She's just annoying.

The sister is waaay more interesting than her.
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
It is sad when someone tries to imitate an artist without actually understanding what exactly made their work turn into art.

Now matter if it is Toriyama or Sharkbait you talk about.
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
Emma is the main character of the main characters, she won't die anytime soon. We all are badassess behind the keyboard and say she should abandon her siblings, but in reality if we were in her shoes, like hell we'd have done it.

And plus without her in the story, all these characters would have come off as bunch of selfish a**holes gathered together in messed up world, there'd be nothing interesting about it.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
n someone tries to imitate an artist without actually understanding what exactly made their work turn into art.
Damn right. But I'm not baiting or sharking... ;/ (I think)

Emma is the main character of the main characters, she won't die anytime soon. We all are badassess behind the keyboard and say she should abandon her siblings, but in reality if we were in her shoes, like hell we'd have done it.

If the option is to become an appetizer to demons? F*** my "siblings" dude...

And plus without her in the story, all these characters would have come off as bunch of selfish a**holes gathered together in messed up world, there'd be nothing interesting about it.
Plus, it's nice to have a female MC nowadays in Jump.
Besides Medaka Box... Which other manga was "relevant" with a female MC? I can't remember a single one.
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
If the option is to become an appetizer to demons? F*** my "siblings" dude... .
Like i said, behind the keyboard, we're ;)
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
Even they (MCs) have great intelligent..... they are still 11 years old kids.....
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
Wow, Mangastream didn't hold back today, i am assuming they'll release Promised Neverland too, i guess i'll stay up a few hours.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top