Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
Yuji Kimura did already two 1-shots......Peach Pluck and GARDEN (if you didn't read them like me)
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I can't tell if a lot of these will succeed or if most will fail since a few are veterans.

I think Dr.Stone is definitely going to be a hit though based on the team
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
February has quite a bit of series anniversaries. Haikyuu!!, Yuragi, Kimetsu, World Trigger, and Black Clover all started in that month.
Wondering if a series will get the commemoration in #15 since no new series start then
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think Dr.Stone is definitely going to be a hit though based on the team
Eyeshield 21 writer with Boichi on art? It'll be amazing. Hopefully the premise is interesting.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
February has quite a bit of series anniversaries. Haikyuu!!, Yuragi, Kimetsu, World Trigger, and Black Clover all started in that month.
Wondering if a series will get the commemoration in #15 since no new series start then
Kogarashi vs the entire Kurasuno team in a volleyball match inside Blackbull's headquarter using World Trigger's blackhole crossover.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I feel like Black Clover will slowly get pushed out of the consistent top 3 ranks this year
 

IHateAsta

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
81
Reaction score
60
Age
30
Country
United Arab Emirates
KnY is second ?!! and Tamura is back ! .. wow
 

HIGAN0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2016
Messages
743
Reaction score
1,880
Country
Eyrie
AHH I almoset forget about Gintama......is the manga ending soon or what ??
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I feel like Black Clover will slowly get pushed out of the consistent top 3 ranks this year
I don't know about that. Plus, isn't the anime starting this year?
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Wonder if the author of KnB is doing another sports series or if he's doing a batter series
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I don't know about that. Plus, isn't the anime starting this year?
Yeah, but I feel like Neverland can easily become more popular than pre anime Black Clover. KnY is gaining traction. And I it's likely Jump could find at least 2 big hits this year. The thing is, Black Clover's pre anime popularity is good, but it's pretty doable for Jump to find more stuff that can surpass it's pre anime hype.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
While I am a fan of BC (this latest arc notwithstanding) I enjoy KnY and Neverland moreso. So, even assuming they surpass BC in pre-anime popularity, I won't really be all that bothered by it. :P
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I don't think there's ever been a round with more than four series though post 1996.

Extremely excited for Tamura. Kind of bummed that FujimakI isn't going with Archer.
Zero interest in Toteku's mangaka. Optimistic for Kimura.
Surprised is the only real reaction I have for Dr. Stone
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Many years from now, I predict we will look back to this moment as a turning point for Jump. We have established hit makers going up against talented rookies and others looking to prove themselves in the pinnacle of mangaka. U.19 and Robot x Laser beam will be the saviors.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Guys why is anyone making any predictions whatsoever as to what series is going to be good before the preview page is uploaded and we can see which one has the best boys?
Maybe I've just come to expect too much.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Guys why is anyone making any predictions whatsoever as to what series is going to be good before the preview page is uploaded and we can see which one has the best boys?
Maybe I've just come to expect too much.
Normally it doesn't make much sense to make predictions early, but in this case most of the new series are from artist that have either already obtain some success or have a decent collection of work. I think this time it's actually justified to guess which series will be the successes. Plus, it's always fun when new series come around, but this time we have more than usual
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Tamura coming back is a good thing to hear, seeing as I'm about 80 chapters into Beelzebub and loving every bit of it. Can't wait to see more of his great sense of humor and improved art style.
Fujimaki returning is nice to see since I'm almost done with the third season of Basketball Z and it's been good overall.
Inagaki and Boichi... the author of Eyeshield 21 and artist of Sun-Ken Rock... what an intriguing pair, really interested to see how it'll turn out.
The rest are newbies that I've never really seen before, but I wish them luck. Well, luck for everyone except the new romance manga. Sorry Leoat, but battle manga is more my thing xD Anyway, we already have Ghost Tits, and I really don't want another Nisekoi.

On the subject of rankings, HOT DAMN, Kimetsu number 2? Wonder what chapter that was. Like someone said before, it seems like the editors are starting to put more faith in it and giving it more promotion. Keep going, Kimetsu no Yaiba, onwards to being the next Hunter x Hunter! or at least half its popularity please and thank you.
On the other hand, RIP Ole Golazo. I had faith that its charm and great art would make it at least somewhat popular, but I guess I was wrong. Who knows, maybe people though the first chapter was pretty weak (even though I thought it was one of the better ones), so I'm still hoping for a ranking increase.
Goodbye Demon's Plan, Sesuji, Spring Weapon, and Amalgam. Hoping Hinomaru will stay long enough for a proper conclusion. Please Jump don't let me down.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top