Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Jump is so serious with KnY...i hope that manga overthrows Black Clover.


Which chapter will volume 3 end, 26 or 27?
.
I just checked 4 Jump manga. 3 of them ended at chapter 25, with Shokugeki ended at chapter 1 (due to a one shot and 2 side stories).

If you count gag manga, Dr Slump ended at chapter 39 by volume 3 xD.
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
I just checked 4 Jump manga. 3 of them ended at chapter 25, with Shokugeki ended at chapter 1 (due to a one shot and 2 side stories)
Hmm, i was talking about The Promised Neverland volume 3.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Hmm, i was talking about The Promised Neverland volume 3.
I am fully aware of that. I just gave you the estimation of chapters based on 4 Jump manga I just checked.

Volume 3 isn't out yet. Heck, volume 2 isn't even out yet. Your guess is as good as anyone guess

Let me rephrase that:

Based on 4 Jump manga that I checked, 3 of them ended at chapter 25. So, there is a chance that Promised Neverland vol 3 will end at chapter 25.
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
I am fully aware of that. I just gave you the estimation of chapters based on 4 Jump manga I just checked.

Volume 3 isn't out yet. Heck, volume 2 isn't even out yet.
I see, but we're in the middle of volume 3 right?

Edit: i see, if volume 3 ends in chapter 25, then the escape rumor concluding volume 3 is false i guess, since we're still in the middle of inspection let alone escape.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I see, but we're in the middle of volume 3 right?
Last issue it was at chapter 24. This issue will be its 25th chapter. So in "theory" they should escape by this chapter. Of course, that is subjective to change ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Jump is so serious with KnY...i hope that manga overthrows Black Clover.
It probably will once the anime arrives. That's all KnY is missing to be a success...I have my fingers crossed for an announcement during late 2018.

I predict BC to peak around mid 300k's at best. If pierrot pulls a Toei can gives BC the Toriko anime treatment (i.e crossovers with Naruto/Boruto) then I'd say it may reach high 300k's or low 400k's.

If a big studio like Sunrise handles KnY then I could see the sales get a huge spike. I'm really hoping it gets a great adaptation and a great/experienced director.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
It probably will once the anime arrives. That's all KnY is missing to be a success...I have my fingers crossed for an announcement during late 2018.

I predict BC to peak around mid 300k's at best. If pierrot pulls a Toei can gives BC the Toriko anime treatment (i.e crossovers with Naruto/Boruto) then I'd say it may reach high 300k's or low 400k's.

If a big studio like Sunrise handles KnY then I could see the sales get a huge spike. I'm really hoping it gets a great adaptation and a great/experienced director.
I predicted a Kimetsu No Yaiba anime announcement by the end of this year with a premiere Spring or Summer 2018 tbh
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I predicted a Kimetsu No Yaiba anime announcement by the end of this year with a premiere Spring or Summer 2018 tbh
That would be too early, no? It would barely have 10 volumes by then. 2018 sounds more reasonable. I personally want a KnY anime to be announced when there's like 12 or more volumes to adapt.
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
Saiki Kusuo is so low that it's kind of sad. The anime was one of the best ones in 2016.
Speaking of Saiki, don't know if someone mentioned it, but the main character of Robot x Laserbeam kinda looks like Saiki, doesn't he?


And his name 'robot' maybe his personality's kinda like robot like Saiki.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Damn, KnY doing awesome lately! Straighten up probably ending next chapter with the extra pages. It's a shame, the series was crazy good. Although it told all it wanted to do maybe it wasn't cancelled? Spring Weapon jumping is a bit weird. There's nothing else they can really cancel if they decide to keep it. HZ is likely going nowhere, the pacing hasn't picked up at all, plus the colour it's getting. Although it's possible the most hype moment in the series so it's deserved. SW is probably still done for.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
That would be too early, no? It would barely have 10 volumes by then. 2018 sounds more reasonable. I personally want a KnY anime to be announced when there's like 12 or more volumes to adapt.
MHA and World Trigger got announced 60 chapters in. I don't think it'll get an announcement THAT early, but it think we'll get one around 80ish chapters in. By then material for a 2-Cour adaptation. Unless they plan on going with a long runner, but I don't think they'll do that for Kimetsu
 

Kefka Palazzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
66
Age
31
Country
Brazil
Damn, KnY doing awesome lately! Straighten up probably ending next chapter with the extra pages. It's a shame, the series was crazy good. Although it told all it wanted to do maybe it wasn't cancelled? Spring Weapon jumping is a bit weird. There's nothing else they can really cancel if they decide to keep it. HZ is likely going nowhere, the pacing hasn't picked up at all, plus the colour it's getting. Although it's possible the most hype moment in the series so it's deserved. SW is probably still done for.
Is there a chance for Saiki or Samon-kun being cancelled?

MHA and World Trigger got announced 60 chapters in. I don't think it'll get an announcement THAT early, but it think we'll get one around 80ish chapters in. By then material for a 2-Cour adaptation. Unless they plan on going with a long runner, but I don't think they'll do that for Kimetsu
Speaking of MHA anime, I tought it was really weird for it have only 1-cour even having material for 2-cours. Maybe this second season's going to be 2-cour. And about World Trigger, is there any news about the author's health status?
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
MHA and World Trigger got announced 60 chapters in. I don't think it'll get an announcement THAT early, but it think we'll get one around 80ish chapters in. By then material for a 2-Cour adaptation. Unless they plan on going with a long runner, but I don't think they'll do that for Kimetsu
I wont be too upset if it got announced around 80ish chapters but that's a bit too early IMO. I never knew WT got announced that early? Damn, I may have to reevaluate my prediction now haha.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I wont be too upset if it got announced around 80ish chapters but that's a bit too early IMO. I never knew WT got announced that early? Damn, I may have to reevaluate my prediction now haha.
Honestly I'd say up to the Spider arc alone is enough material for 13 episodes
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Is there a chance for Saiki or Samon-kun being cancelled?


Speaking of MHA anime, I tought it was really weird for it have only 1-cour even having material for 2-cours. Maybe this second season's going to be 2-cour. And about World Trigger, is there any news about the author's health status?
^THIS.

If they had gone all the way up to Ch.59, then took a whole year-break, there would still be enough material to cover next year because MHA's pacing is fast enough that the anime wouldn't be in any danger of overtaking the manga at all. You can chalk this up to the production commitee's downright stupid decision-making.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Season 2 has to be 2 cour not sure how they're gonna fit Sports Festival and Hosu in 13 eps
 
Last edited:

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
>season 1
>assuming it won't be a long runner

it's studio clown were talking about

speaking of which, still no eldlive boost, a boring season without much competition yet no one even talks about

wondering what Amano will do, will she abandon it and start a new thing or will she stick with a franchise that won't grow bigger
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top