Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Completed:

Medaka Box
Dragon Ball
Sket Dance
Death Note
I''s

Ongoing:

Gintama
Yakusoku no Neverland
One Piece
 

Savi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2008
Messages
352
Reaction score
357
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Is there any way that the first post will keep updating the ToC every week like we used to in 2009-2010? Some weeks I come late and then search for the ToC 10 pages, It'll be great to have them on first post.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
here's something cool I found, this is a list of every mangaka that started from Jump Rookies and went on to have his own a series on Jump Plus
everyone on the top row flopped or flopping
the first 2 from the bottom row are a success, the 3 after it too early to tell if they're a success or not



Is there any way that the first post will keep updating the ToC every week like we used to in 2009-2010? Some weeks I come late and then search for the ToC 10 pages, It'll be great to have them on first post.
I dunno if someone will add that or not but Pharao Dopazo blog have been doing an amazing job in collecting toc
beside 2017 toc
http://pharaodopazo.blogspot.com/p/wsj-rankings.html

their site have every toc up to 1999

http://pharaodopazoplusni.blogspot.co.uk/p/weekly-shonen-jump-pure-rankings-2016.html
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,332
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I remember seeing quite a bit of talk about the 5th on the top row on some Japanese sites when it had just started (the one about the Amish girl detective), I guess it must've just a cool new thing kind of hype and it died off once the premise stopped being fresh.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Shonen Jump had to resort to My Hero Academia, where romance is nonexistent, to make the Valentine's Day promotion. The situation is grave, a romance in this magazine is necessary. I don't think "We Never Learn" will survive, the second chapter introduced romance in a forced way, I was WTF throughout the chapter.
 

justsomeguy

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2016
Messages
43
Reaction score
14
Country
The Wall
Shonen Jump had to resort to My Hero Academia, where romance is nonexistent, to make the Valentine's Day promotion. The situation is grave, a romance in this magazine is necessary. I don't think "We Never Learn" will survive, the second chapter introduced romance in a forced way, I was WTF throughout the chapter.
Well, "nonexistent" is going a bit far. They could've used Yuragi-sou though. And I do think 'We never learn' can survive 20+ chapters; as had been said, it could appeal the Japanese Nisekoi fanbase (since you seem to not like it XD).
 

Kefka Palazzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
66
Age
31
Country
Brazil
Shonen Jump had to resort to My Hero Academia, where romance is nonexistent, to make the Valentine's Day promotion. The situation is grave, a romance in this magazine is necessary. I don't think "We Never Learn" will survive, the second chapter introduced romance in a forced way, I was WTF throughout the chapter.
It will survive and it will exactly because there's no romance in JUMP right now. Or maybe they'll cancel We Never Learn and will serialize a new romance next time, who knows, my uncle doesn't work on Shueisha.
 

TM2

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2017
Messages
155
Reaction score
95
Age
34
Country
Hong Kong
Shonen Jump had to resort to My Hero Academia, where romance is nonexistent, to make the Valentine's Day promotion. The situation is grave, a romance in this magazine is necessary. I don't think "We Never Learn" will survive, the second chapter introduced romance in a forced way, I was WTF throughout the chapter.
Mind posting a link? Because as of right now I have no idea what you are referring to.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
It will survive and it will exactly because there's no romance in JUMP right now. Or maybe they'll cancel We Never Learn and will serialize a new romance next time, who knows, my uncle doesn't work on Shueisha.
Yuragi isn't a romance?
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well, "nonexistent" is going a bit far. They could've used Yuragi-sou though. And I do think 'We never learn' can survive 20+ chapters; as had been said, it could appeal the Japanese Nisekoi fanbase (since you seem to not like it XD).
It is the same level as Naruto, aka nonexistent. Horikoshi will remember that he will have to make couples at the end of the series. Didn't understand you were trying to say in the last phrase.

It will survive and it will exactly because there's no romance in JUMP right now. Or maybe they'll cancel We Never Learn and will serialize a new romance next time, who knows, my uncle doesn't work on Shueisha.
You just said the two possibilities, what are you trying to say?

Mind posting a link? Because as of right now I have no idea what you are referring to.
https://www.shonenjump.com/j/valentine/2017/
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
As long as Deku ends up with Himiko and Todoroki ends up with Momo I could care less
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I'm guessing Jaiminisbox is skipping out on Poro. They had We Can't Study and U19 up by now
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
There is no space for romance when there is boobs and butts flying everywhere, that's what I think about Yuragi.

That we cannot have the ending of this series for sure. Everything is possible.
Did you read the "I don't think" in the beginning of the phrase? It means that it is a opinion.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
There is no space for romance when there is boobs and butts flying everywhere, that's what I think about Yuragi.


Did you read the "I don't think" in the beginning of the phrase? It means that it is a opinion.
Once again you're judging Yuragi by its cover and refusing to read it.
Do you remember how silly you looked last time?
Yuragi is a very well written rom com manga. Just because it has some ecchi doesn't change the quality of its writing, characters, and atmosphere.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Once again you're judging Yuragi by its cover and refusing to read it.
Do you remember how silly you looked last time?
Yuragi is a very well written rom com manga. Just because it has some ecchi doesn't change the quality of its writing, characters, and atmosphere.
The covers are the less ecchi part of the thing.
Jokes aside, I know how ecchi works and I know how ecchi readers think as well, ecchi is never enough for them, it is always "just a bit". I already had the opportunity to google Yuragi and see some images. It is far from what I tolerate. As for how ecchi works, ecchi ruins a series with the series is built around it.
I will read it eventually, I just find other things to read every week and don't have time enough,
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
As for how ecchi works, ecchi ruins a series with the series is built around it
When the ecchi is being built around it? You mean an ecchi series shouldn´t be ecchi at all, just be whatever? Men, you have a weird mind
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
As for how ecchi works, ecchi ruins a series with the series is built around it
When the ecchi is being built around it? You mean an ecchi series shouldn´t be ecchi at all? Men, you have a weird mind. Probably you meant "Ecchi is bad in a series that´s NOT built around it"
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top