Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfficialHxH

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2017
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
1,909
Country
United States
I'm gonna be honest I'm looking forward to the new manga. I bet Hungry Marie was canned.
Now if only HxH would come back soon.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
MHA's drop is a shame. I've really been enjoying this arc. I'll admit that it does feel dragged out when we were getting those shorter-than-usual chapters. Hopefully we hear word of a S3 announcement in this issue though.

Looking forward to the new series. Hopefully I'll like these better than the last batch.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
What sucks is that these are the start of the VA chapters, which were so much better than the stuff that came before it. MHA's problem I think is that cast of characters introduced in this arc AS A WHOLE, not individually, are not that great. Take the Big 3 for example, honestly they're kinda odd and boring as a collective group but individually they're cool, I like Suneater and Nejire plus all their quirks are dope. Some of the yakuza being fodder isn't helping either and the battles have been half-great half bad. Dragging it out is probably another thing but I don't really mind if we see everyone in action stated, Hori gotta show everyone if he'll drag it out like this. Regardless most of these are minimal issues, the story line of this arc and intense moments are way better than the license exam.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
If thatTOC is real, great, been waiting on these series for since July. Probably can Cross Account and Marie, while the third takes HxH position. Jump will probably give Yokota some more time, because Straighten Up certainly got some favoritism like HZ,just not as much.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
New Series: Fulldrive (by Ono Genki)
YES! Akage no Achoo author

I have been singing praises to this guy for years now

my post in March

Genki Ono, Shuuhei Tanizaki, Mitsuki Nagata are all better battle shonen writers than Takamasa Moue and Kei Minori imo
my post last year

they had some interesting newbies last year, Genki Ono's Aka ke Acho oneshot was great
Don't embarrass me my boy, write the next big thing

also Golem Heart could be cool I guess
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Haikyu!! #28
 

costicla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2007
Messages
690
Reaction score
603
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Really exited for Golem Hearts. Hope it does well.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Number 9 and 10 have bigger feet, calves and legs than the sumo wrestlers in Zumo.
I don't know if it was bait, I will take it... You are exaggerating a lot, his legs has always been like that.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow I'm a prophet. Golem Hearts but no galaxy gangs though :/. Anyways, It had this One Piece Romance Dawn give to it. I hope he can create an interesting story and his art is improved.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
this week's chapter of Hinomaru is ch 164, meaning next week it will have more chapters than World Trigger

what's interesting about Zumou is ever since the tournament ended there haven't been any full length matches

every single fight ended in a couple of panels, even in Ushio's fights after the timeskip he wins in a couple of panels

so I'm wondering when will a long match happens, they haven't teased any future opponents

I don't want to start another "this is ending soon" fever so close to the first part fiasco, but I can't ignore the red flags, I do think this is ending soon
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
YES! Akage no Achoo author

I have been singing praises to this guy for years now

my post in March



my post last year



Don't embarrass me my boy, write the next big thing

also Golem Heart could be cool I guess
Not feeling the art, but as long as the story is good I'm in
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Robot x Laserbeam #2
 

Wookitake

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2013
Messages
2,258
Reaction score
1,966
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm always lost in which chapters are being rated in the TOC. What are the BnHA's and Souma's chapters for this week?
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm always lost in which chapters are being rated in the TOC. What are the BnHA's and Souma's chapters for this week?
For MHA it's Chapter 146: Temporary Transfer and Souma's I think is chapter 225: Steadfast Bushido
 

Wookitake

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2013
Messages
2,258
Reaction score
1,966
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
For MHA it's Chapter 146: Temporary Transfer and Souma's I think is chapter 225: Steadfast Bushido
Thanks! I'm really surprised with SnS's ranking this week, then.
 

TM2

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2017
Messages
155
Reaction score
95
Age
34
Country
Hong Kong
The new anime is just around the corner so some promotion isn't out of the question.
 

razerxs

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
740
Country
Galactic Republic
Third week sales:
341780 (7)│*438814┃*,490,771┃My Hero Academia 15
221705 (7)│*276148┃*,304,750┃Shokugeki no Soma 26
171002 (7)│*218239┃*,244,039┃Promised Neverland 5​
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
this week's chapter of Hinomaru is ch 164, meaning next week it will have more chapters than World Trigger

what's interesting about Zumou is ever since the tournament ended there haven't been any full length matches

every single fight ended in a couple of panels, even in Ushio's fights after the timeskip he wins in a couple of panels

so I'm wondering when will a long match happens, they haven't teased any future opponents

I don't want to start another "this is ending soon" fever so close to the first part fiasco, but I can't ignore the red flags, I do think this is ending soon
The latest chapter had a timeskip (~4yrs). Pretty sure it was just cutting out all the small fry because he started quite low in the rankings. Next chapter starts Hinomaru vs Kirihito, so that will likely be full length and a big deal.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top