Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 859 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scruffy8642

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
How is its success not exceptional, I wonder? Especially in the age where print sales are going down big time, Ass Class and BNHA didn't have to deal with that to such an extent when they started out if you feel like bringing those up as comparisons for whatever reason.
You really need to stop using this as an excuse. Yes its happening, but its not as big of a deal as you make it out to be. Look at the top selling manga for 2008, and the top 10 cuts off at a similar number to 2017. But look back to 2014 and the cut off is almost double that. MHA which pulled similar numbers to Neverland in its debut year ranked in at 27th. There were 10-20 massively popular series that are now out of the game just 3 years later. These lower numbers are not attributed to lower print sales, theyre due to a lower number of established hits.

Also look at the sales of new series that stay around (Robo, WNL, BC) and they’re also pretty similar to what series were doing a decade ago. Only different is less hits in the magazine, so we’re getting more lower sellers sticking around than we used to. This emphasises Neverland’s success as an anomaly, when its more likely the magazine is just in a slump for good sellers, which has happened countless times in the past.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
You really need to stop using this as an excuse. Yes its happening, but its not as big of a deal as you make it out to be. Look at the top selling manga for 2008, and the top 10 cuts off at a similar number to 2017. But look back to 2014 and the cut off is almost double that. MHA which pulled similar numbers to Neverland in its debut year ranked in at 27th. There were 10-20 massively popular series that are now out of the game just 3 years later. These lower numbers are not attributed to lower print sales, theyre due to a lower number of established hits.

Also look at the sales of new series that stay around (Robo, WNL, BC) and they’re also pretty similar to what series were doing a decade ago. Only different is less hits in the magazine, so we’re getting more lower sellers sticking around than we used to. This emphasises Neverland’s success as an anomaly, when its more likely the magazine is just in a slump for good sellers, which has happened countless times in the past.
That's an interesting way to view it.

yela

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Viz kinda did, it sold a total of 2 million. This info is couple years before it ended.
So that is the quantity of volumes Viz sold of Bleach, not its sales worldwide. So basically it's Bleach sales in USA. It would be interesting to compare it with the Viz sales of Naruto and One Piece.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Also I think it's pretty clear Black Clover isn't liked that much,
Speak for yourself.

The manga is very popular in Japan, the only criticisms I have read are all Occidentaili and 100% are all on the Asta voice to say ....

Last edited by a moderator:

101nemesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
Viz kinda did, it sold a total of 2 million. This info is couple years before it ended.

Also, we know the last 10 volumes of Bleach sold between 500~700k in JPN.
The 2 million mark in US was years ago. And again, that was only in US and not worldwide.

The 90 million number was solely Japan tho which was my point. And yeah, ever since volume 56, the volumes only sold between 500-700k. But despite that, the overall average per volume from the total sales of the series is still sitting at 1million+, which is pretty cool.

Caiops

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Are we going to have TOC today?

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Forget the ToC, I want to know what the HZ announcement is.

cody

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Forget the ToC, I want to know what the HZ announcement is.
I was going to say it, but you did it for me. Where's that youtuber and his early leaks when you need them?

ScotchAianB

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Are we going to have TOC today?
Leak man: " 十中八九28日になると思うけど万が一28日に来なかった場合次号バレは無しになります "

Nakurawari

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Jump GIGA 2018 #2 Cover

Caiops

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Leak man: " 十中八九28日になると思うけど万が一28日に来なかった場合次号バレは無しになります "
Any translation?

I need that HZ annoucement.

razerxs

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Republic
Shoseki Ranking 12/18-12/24
11 One Punch Man 15
15 Haikyu!! 29
29 Black Clover 14
40 Gintama 71
60 New Prince of Tennis 22
74 Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba 9
109 Robot X LASERBEAM 3
135 Dr Stone 3
141 We Never Learn 4
~ no estimates this week

Last edited:

Koi Kage

Reaction score
Country
United States
Any translation?

I need that HZ annoucement.
I think it reads "in all probability on the 28th as far as I'm concerned it will be the next. However, in the unlikely event it's not on the 28th, the next issue it will be absent". My Japanese isn't that great so I may be wrong but since last week we had a double issue we won't be getting a TOC this week.

tirakai

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
We often get very early leaks for the new year's break.

Tamil

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
An anime would be great but not likely

Luca11

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Wake Island
I think it reads "in all probability on the 28th as far as I'm concerned it will be the next. However, in the unlikely event it's not on the 28th, the next issue it will be absent". My Japanese isn't that great so I may be wrong but since last week we had a double issue we won't be getting a TOC this week.
Next issue is released on Thursday next week, which explains the early new year leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.