A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work


  • Total voters
    20

Elusia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2017
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
11,568
Country
Philippines
Good to see another fellow Mob fan here :zomg
Yep! It's nice to see that the anime gets so much love now :x3
Hopefully, we'll get S3 soon, which if they're going to adapt, it'll be the last season.
Guess I'll also share some fanart too with TPN since S2 is already certain!:vbunny









Mob Psycho Crossovers! :yay



 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,074
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
Some nice Mob fanart there :pleased I can assure you that Mob's second season is even better than the first. The animation gets even more amazing too, some episodes are just insane. Looking forward to your thoughts!

I like OPM yes, though it definitely has a different appeal compared to Mob. I think the story shines brighter in Mob, and it's a more intimate character study, OPM (the manga) on the other hand oozes style.
Starting to watch it today, the hype is definetly back :blush
I think OPM gives more room to comedy and parody, right? Mob has his moments too but like you said it's a far more emotional series; and Mob is a sweetheart, can't wait to see him again<3.
If we're going to keep with the Mob spam~






















 
Last edited:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Starting to watch it today, the hype is definetly back :blush
I think OPM gives more room to comedy and parody, right? Mob has his moments too but like you said it's a far more emotional series; and Mob is a sweetheart, can't wait to see him again<3.
If we're going to keep with the Mob spam~






















Nice pics :zomg How are you enjoying Season 2 so far?
And yes, OPM has quite a bit of comedy/funny scenes, mixed with lots of action.

As for the fanart that made you think 9S is a bit of a pervert, I think that's mainly because of one certain sentence in the game. That sentence sort of hints at the fact 9S is sexually attracted to 2B, so ofc artists jump on that train haha. And you know how some people are, they will draw pervy stuff no matter what. I mean, even stuff like Pokemon has that, and there's hardly even anything resembling romance in there (if we ignore Brock...) :XD

So yeah, it's more or less just that one sentence (not even spoken by 9S), 9S himself never says or acts pervy. Rather innocent actually, I think there's a line where he suggests going up the ladder first or something like that (bc otherwise he can see her panties lol), but mb @Asako knows what line I mean xD

Yep! It's nice to see that the anime gets so much love now :x3
Hopefully, we'll get S3 soon, which if they're going to adapt, it'll be the last season.
Guess I'll also share some fanart too with TPN since S2 is already certain!:vbunny









Mob Psycho Crossovers! :yay



More nice pics :zomg

Well there were years between Season 1 and 2, and sadly it looks like Season 2 isn't selling well... :pout But gotta think positive, would really love a S3. You think another season would cover everything that's left in the manga?
 

Elusia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2017
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
11,568
Country
Philippines
Well there were years between Season 1 and 2, and sadly it looks like Season 2 isn't selling well... :pout But gotta think positive, would really love a S3. You think another season would cover everything that's left in the manga?
Wait really!? I thought it's as well received because I see a lot of praises of it than S1! Aww... :gwah
There's enough material for S3. I haven't finished the manga, but I know there's few arcs left in there. We're just gonna hope that it's gonna happen o/
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Wait really!? I thought it's as well received because I see a lot of praises of it than S1! Aww... :gwah
There's enough material for S3. I haven't finished the manga, but I know there's few arcs left in there. We're just gonna hope that it's gonna happen o/
Well people praise it over here, yes, but I dunno how people feel about it in Japan :XD And there the first bliu-ray volume of S2 sold like, I think less than 3k copies. Which is a bit but not exactly a lot. Ofc it's just one factor though, maybe other sales like merch make them a good sum of money. Gonna have to wait and see, but not that many shows get more than two seasons if they're not a big success or have a big franchise behind them :(

What I meant was if the story would end with Season 3? I don't know how much is left, or if the manga has ended already or not xD
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Mob is kind of a strange show.

As good as I think it is I'm not really surprised it hasn't succeeded in the way One Punch Man did. It's straddling this weird line where it's got high powered action but at the same time is downplaying that thematically. The actual core of the stories tend to be pretty down to earth and relatable stuff and is resolved through words and sincerity rather than power and action. Which is why I like it.

If somebody is coming in looking for an action parody like One Punch Man, Mob is not going to satisfy that. It's not really an action show at all, despite the occasional battle manga type moments. It's probably more of a slice of life/supernatural show than anything else. Which for people checking it out because "It kinda looks like OPM." that's not going to be what many of them want.
 

Elusia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2017
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
11,568
Country
Philippines
Well people praise it over here, yes, but I dunno how people feel about it in Japan :XD And there the first bliu-ray volume of S2 sold like, I think less than 3k copies. Which is a bit but not exactly a lot. Ofc it's just one factor though, maybe other sales like merch make them a good sum of money. Gonna have to wait and see, but not that many shows get more than two seasons if they're not a big success or have a big franchise behind them :(

What I meant was if the story would end with Season 3? I don't know how much is left, or if the manga has ended already or not xD
Well, that sucks :emocat
I still hope for it, because to answer your question, yes, the manga did end and is enough for a final season. I can't say much since I haven't finish it yet, but I heard that it's still good even after all the arcs that we've seen in both seasons. Having all the materials be adapted will be very satisfying to see.
Mob is kind of a strange show.

As good as I think it is I'm not really surprised it hasn't succeeded in the way One Punch Man did. It's straddling this weird line where it's got high powered action but at the same time is downplaying that thematically. The actual core of the stories tend to be pretty down to earth and relatable stuff and is resolved through words and sincerity rather than power and action. Which is why I like it.

If somebody is coming in looking for an action parody like One Punch Man, Mob is not going to satisfy that. It's not really an action show at all, despite the occasional battle manga type moments. It's probably more of a slice of life/supernatural show than anything else. Which for people checking it out because "It kinda looks like OPM." that's not going to be what many of them want.
That's true, but that makes it different from its sister series and in my case, better. Like you said, OPM exists as a great parody for most action-oriented series while Mob stands as a story and character driven series. They're both kind of similar, but pass through that and you'll see different shows with different ideals and it's perfectly fine if you prefer one series from another. It would be quite repetitive if ONE decides to make another OPM-type story.

While, I am kind of sad that it's not as popular, I still stand that one criticism in Mob is pretty weak: the animation. Even after the glorious S2 ended, people hate it for that one thing. But after that big complaint, I can see why many would prefer OPM and at the same time, many prefer Mob because OPM isn't as compelling.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That's true, but that makes it different from its sister series and in my case, better. Like you said, OPM exists as a great parody for most action-oriented series while Mob stands as a story and character driven series. They're both kind of similar, but pass through that and you'll see different shows with different ideals and it's perfectly fine if you prefer one series from another. It would be quite repetitive if ONE decides to make another OPM-type story.

While, I am kind of sad that it's not as popular, I still stand that one criticism in Mob is pretty weak: the animation. Even after the glorious S2 ended, people hate it for that one thing. But after that big complaint, I can see why many would prefer OPM and at the same time, many prefer Mob because OPM isn't as compelling.
People tend to blame animation for stuff it's not really responsible for, IMO. Mob looks great. It's not the spectacle piece that One Punch Man is though and I think if people want to complain about that they'll blame the animation.

And part of the reason they go in looking for that is the way the anime presents itself. As if it is this huge action show. Which it's just not. In fact it's the polar opposite.

It reminds me a lot of Angel Densetsu or Great Teacher Onizuka. Where it's set up as one thing but the actual story is something else entirely. Like if you go into Angel Densetsu looking for a highschool battle manga or GTO looking for ecchi. Your not going to get much of those things. It's the emotional side that makes those stories great. Mob is similar. If you just look at it like it's an action show about psychics it kind of sucks. But if your onboard with something that works that emotional side about how power usually isn't the best answer to a problem. Mob is fantastic. But I'm not sure it makes that clear enough.
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,662
Reaction score
31,926
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
@ nii I saw a snippet of Emiya-san no Gohan and there was Cu. I think I am gonna watch it soon :p
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


what is this niiiiiiiiii :arf you must have watched it. damn I am so left behind. must wait til October :arf
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
@ nii I saw a snippet of Emiya-san no Gohan and there was Cu. I think I am gonna watch it soon :p
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


what is this niiiiiiiiii :arf you must have watched it. damn I am so left behind. must wait til October :arf
An animation of the Babylon arc of the mobile game Grand Order.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
@ nii I saw a snippet of Emiya-san no Gohan and there was Cu. I think I am gonna watch it soon :p
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


what is this niiiiiiiiii :arf you must have watched it. damn I am so left behind. must wait til October :arf
Cu has a whole episode dedicated to him, I'm sure you will enjoy it :p

Like Sky said, an anime adaptation of the Babylonia Singularity in FGO. Anime-onlies might be lost on some stuff like character interactions or the grand scheme of things, but the story itself is fairly self-contained, so you can enjoy it anyway. In an ideal case Camelot should've been covered before, but the movies are coming later next year, so that can't be helped. Just enjoy the show, hopefully it's a good adaptation bc Babylon is the second-best story in the game so far.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
@ nii I saw a snippet of Emiya-san no Gohan and there was Cu. I think I am gonna watch it soon :p
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


what is this niiiiiiiiii :arf you must have watched it. damn I am so left behind. must wait til October :arf
To get you hyped up even more Kiks. Ishtar from Fate is basically Aqua from KonoSuba.



Needless to say. This will be amazing.
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,662
Reaction score
31,926
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
To get you hyped up even more Kiks. Ishtar from Fate is basically Aqua from KonoSuba.



Needless to say. This will be amazing.
So she is...useless? :oh hmm that's not the usual Rin :headscratch
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@ nii shall we start :p


--- Double Post Merged, ---

I envy all Fate animes... damn, this is as good as Ghibli 😭
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,662
Reaction score
31,926
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Seeing Rin and Sakura get along well makes me happy. This relationship has its own charm :D
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Hmmm I dont remember Shirou calling Kiritsugu "jiisan".. Did he, in FSN? 🤔
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Seeing Rin and Sakura get along well makes me happy. This relationship has its own charm :D
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Hmmm I dont remember Shirou calling Kiritsugu "jiisan".. Did he, in FSN? 🤔
Indeed, they're cute sisters :blush

You're funny ahmad, during FSN he's already dead :XD What little we see from past interactions, he indeed calls him jiisan quite often, like even during the most important scene shortly before Kiritsugu dies. If you remember the "jiisan no yume wa" part (Shirou saying he will make Kiritsugu's dream come true in his stead/becoming a Hero of Justice).
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,662
Reaction score
31,926
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Indeed, they're cute sisters :blush

You're funny ahmad, during FSN he's already dead :XD What little we see from past interactions, he indeed calls him jiisan quite often, like even during the most important scene shortly before Kiritsugu dies. If you remember the "jiisan no yume wa" part (Shirou saying he will make Kiritsugu's dream come true in his stead/becoming a Hero of Justice).
Ah yes I mean the flashbacks :D oh so he indeed did call Kiritsugu jiisan :grumble The translation is Grandpa. Should be old man, shouldn't it? :?bunny
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Jii-San means "old man" or "Geezer" and even "uncle".
Grandpa is "Ojii-chan" or "sofu".
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,662
Reaction score
31,926
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Ikr? I knew the translation was off :fail

***

Sella can cook too? Didn't know.. She is homunculus too, right? :?bunny
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Done :D

Now I can try Shirou's recipes :D
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii
Top