Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2019] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roacher

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2017
Messages
116
Reaction score
138
Country
Poland
That's also fair! Speaking of Aniplex, what's your hopes and realistic expectations for how they handle distributing the Kimetsu movie in the West?

A LOT of people are gonna want to see it, if MAL is of any reasonable indication, no matter how small. More than even Heroes Rising, probably because Kimetsu's movie is actually fully canon that must be watched before viewing any future material. So, uh, they're gonna have to really make sure the film gets out there.
I don't think mal is good indicator.
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
Mmmmm since Ufotable has been tweeting in all languages and thanking the west audience while anime was airing, I think this can go worldwide. Do you remember that the first 5 episodes were in a movie format and it premiered in France, Australia, United states, (I don't remember the last one, but I think it was south Korea)? . But this time it can premiere in more countries.
They're definitely gonna do a theatrical release, that's for sure. Otherwise they'd leave way too much money on the table. Though I hope they have a theatrical run for two weeks even though I'm only expecting it to run for only one week.
 

Thores

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2019
Messages
255
Reaction score
865
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
They're definitely gonna do a theatrical release, that's for sure. Otherwise they'd leave way too much money on the table. Though I hope they have a theatrical run for two weeks even though I'm only expecting it to run for only one week.
As long as there's an option to watch the subbed version in theaters!

I'm usually not a "subs over dubs" purist, and there's actually a lot of recent dubs I think are pretty good, but.... Inosuke's dub voice....

 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,553
Reaction score
15,721
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Bleach fans and Dragon Ball Super fans being in despair and fighting for a spot in Jump Festa has already became a yearly event :3c
 

Unok

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2007
Messages
703
Reaction score
2,915
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Toei/Pierrot was every manga readers worst nightmare when we got the news of Kimetsu being adapted.
I now worry about Jujutsu being adapted by Pierrot. The secret festa stage, the double volume release, manga getting to overall good amount of chapters for anime announcement. And in the same time, Black Clover getting closer to the manga, means Pierrot can just end it and take in for April/July a new show...
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
Ya know, barely anybody ever talks about We Never Learn, despite its anime airing this season. How has that been doing? I wonder what the sales and backlogs for the series are.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I now worry about Jujutsu being adapted by Pierrot. The secret festa stage, the double volume release, manga getting to overall good amount of chapters for anime announcement. And in the same time, Black Clover getting closer to the manga, means Pierrot can just end it and take in for April/July a new show...
Black Clover will be produced at least until October 2020
 
Last edited:

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Wouldn't be surprised if Jujutsu Kaisen gets a anime announced already for Spring, seems like Jump will have nothing for Spring and a good part of their biggest seasonal animes are/were released in April, seems like the perfect time Jujutsu Kaisen as a battle shounen.
 

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 6, 2011
Messages
15,517
Reaction score
39,604
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Ya know, barely anybody ever talks about We Never Learn, despite its anime airing this season. How has that been doing? I wonder what the sales and backlogs for the series are.
Anime didn't make much for the manga but is doing good for a romcom, is selling basically what Dr. Stone do but a bit more, i really like the anime (in fact i'm watching at this moment)
 

supercow297

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2018
Messages
665
Reaction score
745
Country
United States
Which goes to show that this is a bandwagon effect in the likes of AoT with the only difference being that AoT was catapulted into the mainstream and was a topic of discussion from the very first episode while it took 19 for people to realize that Kimetsu wasn't atypical seasonal shounen affair so now they're getting caught up because its a topic of discussion now whether or not it'll hold is up in the air since Haikyuu was showing similar numbers when it got its boost and went down a lot since then. If its fans are actually loyalist like Kingdom and MHA then this is a big deal but it could all just be a fad in the end.


Found this on the JJK sub. Looks like there's a slot at Jump Festa under "Secret" (I think, my Japanese sucks). Can anyone tell what the smaller black writing underneath says? Also, would an anime announcement possibly give a reason to publish 2 volumes together in January?

whoops, didn't realise this was already posted. mb.
P sure black writing says something along the lines of "as to what kind of stage it will be, please look forward to it!"
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

If this is those articles that go “Toriyama originally planned on ending at Picolo


Jezuz Christ, what’s your issue
I just found it interesting that after I said something bad about MHA recently to Choco he has upvoted literally every single top-5 post where MHA is in there, etc. etc. So I assumed that he was a very stalwart fan. I also think only someone who is such a strong fan that they can't compare series "somewhat more neutrally" (to the extent that that is possible) could think MHA has top-1 or top-2 of Jump choreography.

The point isn't me singling out individual people, although I did. But I believe you have to be a huge fan of BNHA to possibly believe it has good choreography, and those two facts both apply to him, which is why I mentioned him.

That's the explanation.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
P sure black writing says something along the lines of "as to what kind of stage it will be, please look forward to it!"
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



I just found it interesting that after I said something bad about MHA recently to Choco he has upvoted literally every single top-5 post where MHA is in there, etc. etc. So I assumed that he was a very stalwart fan. I also think only someone who is such a strong fan that they can't compare series "somewhat more neutrally" (to the extent that that is possible) could think MHA has top-1 or top-2 of Jump choreography.

The point isn't me singling out individual people, although I did. But I believe you have to be a huge fan of BNHA to possibly believe it has good choreography, and those two facts both apply to him, which is why I mentioned him.

That's the explanation.
Even if he’s a huge fan, it appears like that personally bothers you for whatever reason, and you seem to be genuinely bothered by other people’s opinions on something that is completely subjective.
 

evielynn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2019
Messages
104
Reaction score
300
Age
26
Country
United Kingdom
Wouldn't be surprised if Jujutsu Kaisen gets a anime announced already for Spring, seems like Jump will have nothing for Spring and a good part of their biggest seasonal animes are/were released in April, seems like the perfect time Jujutsu Kaisen as a battle shounen.
I think 2020 will look like this for Jump anime:
Winter: Haikyuu S4
Spring: Promised Neverland S2 (cant be winter since Noitamina slot is filled)
Summer: JJK
Fall: HeroAca S5

If Stone gets a second season then maybe that comes around next fall too.
 

Koni

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
2,002
Reaction score
4,934
Age
27
Country
United States
I think 2020 will look like this for Jump anime:
Winter: Haikyuu S4
Spring: Promised Neverland S2 (cant be winter since Noitamina slot is filled)
Summer: JJK
Fall: HeroAca S5

If Stone gets a second season then maybe that comes around next fall too.
I think Dr. Stone would be more of a summer show than a Fall show. I can also see Act-Age, Chainsaw Man, and Yaiba Season 2 for 2021.
 

TxxT

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2018
Messages
563
Reaction score
2,476
Country
Japan
Wouldn't be surprised if Jujutsu Kaisen gets a anime announced already for Spring, seems like Jump will have nothing for Spring and a good part of their biggest seasonal animes are/were released in April, seems like the perfect time Jujutsu Kaisen as a battle shounen.
They'll have Haikyu!! S4, One Piece, Black Clover, Boruto, and potentially TPN S2 all airing during April so Im sure they'll be fine, Im expecting a JJK anime to air Fall 2020 or Winter 2021
 

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
But I believe you have to be a huge fan of BNHA to possibly believe it has good choreography
The easy (yet time-consuming) solution is to ask said fan why they like the choreography so much, and then to go from there. If the justification is full of holes and hasn't been thought through very much, address that, and maybe the person will reply with more detail or eventually reconsider their position.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top