Games Top Ten Game - Most Overrated Anime - They think it's all over...

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,579
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
zimbardo what's the deadline, onegai ? :)
Try to get something to me by this weekend - I'd like to set the deadline for Saturday morning, but I am going to work on both Sat and Sun this weekend. I dunno how long I will be there, but my boss and I want to have a paper submitted before I offski on my Christmas holidays (so it's possible I might be super busy).

 
Last edited:

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Hm

Iirc the "Saddest Anime Moments" accepted a scene from Castlevania, even though that's an American show, right? Would something like that be acceptable here too?
Because I have an American anime-style series in mind, the popularity of which I'll never fathom.. just don't know if it's eligible.
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,579
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Iirc the "Saddest Anime Moments" accepted a scene from Castlevania, even though that's an American show, right? Would something like that be acceptable here too?
Nah it didn't

I wanted to pick that scene (as it was more sad than the vast majority of things on that list [just Saiyajin]), but it was decided as 'not anime' (probably a fair decision, but it certainly is 'anime inspired'

As for your scene... hmm, I dunno
probably best to keep Western media outside of the 'anime' box
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,246
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
zimb are you going to merge titles?

My 10pter for example, that season I listed is absolutely terrible, while the first 2 seasons were okay.

My 9pter for another example, rolled out 2 mega overrated seasons over it's unnecessary air time.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
@zimbardo do we have a deadline so I know when to send in my list at the last minute?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Nvm I just sent mine. Son was kind enough to grant me some spare time... in the middle of the night. Because he had to sleep on me while I was sitting up.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Ended up surprising myself with some choices tbh. Maybe fully awake me will actually hate the list I sent..
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,579
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
zimbardo do we have a deadline so I know when to send in my list at the last minute?
It's unlikely to be this week - as it's the last week I've got in the lab before I fly back to the UK for holidays, and so am mad busy

Probably sometime after Christmas, depending on how free people are to submit lists before the new year.
 
Last edited:

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,579
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
How much time do we have left? zimbardo
How about lists till the 3rd - game start on 4th?

That gives people time to enjoy the New Year (and recover on the 1st [and 2nd]) - it also gives me a bit more time to eat and drink myself into a hedonistic stupor
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,736
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
How about lists till the 3rd - game start on 4th?

That gives people time to enjoy the New Year (and recover on the 1st [and 2nd]) - it also gives me a bit more time to eat and drink myself into a hedonistic stupor
Good that I already sent mine. Probably still rather out there by 3rd.
 
  • Like
Reactions: z.5

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Sending mine later
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,579
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
PC finally working again - said I would start today and start today I shall!



due to the lateness in my posting [and due to the small number of 1 and 2 pointers] I will give you 6 for the price of 3!



1 point



Death Note
Juviii


Death Parade
Organizized


Hotarubi no mori e
GrySun



2 points



Black Butler
Gajeel


Digimon
Organizized


Yuri on Ice
Juviii​
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,646
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Orgz had only 2 picks so far but annoyed me with both :nah Death Parade and... Digimon? What?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Tfw Death Note manga somehow gets a lot more points for being overrated than the anime :grumble
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,736
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
Death Parade didn't quite live up to the hype. I liked the original Death Billiards pilot, but series didn't really have that good writing. Wouldn't still stay it is bad though. But yeah, maybe slightly overrated.

Digimon. Well okay, some episodes haven't really aged well, but still story wise way better than Pokemon. Though Pokemon had handful of separate good eps.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I love Yuri, but can accept in the low score overrates. I mean the hype was big enough to think it was actually the best sports series ever. But it isn't. It's a very solid 8+.

Orgz had only 2 picks so far but annoyed me with both :nah Death Parade and... Digimon? What?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Tfw Death Note manga somehow gets a lot more points for being overrated than the anime :grumble
Because that's the original, and it is the source material that is overrated :cookiehand

But yeah, this is gonna be very different from the manga list.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,646
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Gintama? That‘s underrated if anything, judging by it‘s quality alone.
 
Top