Games - Top Ten Game - Most Overrated Anime - They think it's all over... | Page 34 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Top Ten Game - Most Overrated Anime - They think it's all over...

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
zimbardo what's the deadline, onegai ? :)
Try to get something to me by this weekend - I'd like to set the deadline for Saturday morning, but I am going to work on both Sat and Sun this weekend. I dunno how long I will be there, but my boss and I want to have a paper submitted before I offski on my Christmas holidays (so it's possible I might be super busy).

Last edited:

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Oh I misjudged Marcie. Ok, it didn't hurt so much, just surprised to learn that Orgz watched it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I would have given Demon Slayer a higher ranking, if I'd submitted my list after it winning Crunchyrolls Anime of the Decade -vote.
LOL didn't know that xDDD

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Oh I misjudged Marcie. Ok, it didn't hurt so much, just surprised to learn that Orgz watched it.

I watched the first season after it became all the rage. Overall I thought it was decent, but not worthy of the unbeLIEVable amount of hype it had gotten at that point. Then I started watching the second season which wasn't as good as the first and I dropped it somewhere along the way and haven't ever felt the urge to pick it up again.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

But I'm certain you already knew I've watched it - we talked about it in some other category I'm sure, can't remember which though.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Yup. So according to the majority of users of Crunchyroll, the biggest anime streaming site of the west, one season season of a rather mediocre shonen adventure, with a few stand out animated scenes, is better than, let's say, FMA:Brotherhood, Durarara, Anohana, HxH, Madoka, Steins;Gate, Jojo, Kids on the Slope, Psycho-Pass, Uchu Kyudai, Parasyte, Ping Pong and Dragonball Super, for example.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan

:hmph

The anime was certainly deserving of it‘s hype back in the time it came out. Later seasons took a while to be animated and a lot of the initial hype dampened a bit, which is in-line with the quality change and my personal enjoyment. Overall it has a fitting amount of appreciation imo.

Yup. So according to the majority of users of Crunchyroll, the biggest anime streaming site of the west, one season season of a rather mediocre shonen adventure, with a few stand out animated scenes, is better than, let's say, FMA:Brotherhood, Durarara, Anohana, HxH, Madoka, Steins;Gate, Jojo, Kids on the Slope, Psycho-Pass, Uchu Kyudai, Parasyte, Ping Pong and Dragonball Super, for example.
It‘s fairly recent, and that‘s the ones people will remember the most when asked about a bigger list. So not surprising to me. Though what is surprising is it‘s big overappreciation itself, which alone deserves a spot here even without that award.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
It‘s fairly recent, and that‘s the ones people will remember the most when asked about a bigger list. So not surprising to me. Though what is surprising is it‘s big overappreciation itself, which alone deserves a spot here even without that award.

Yeah, recency-bias is a bitch.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Now I want @Hardy to comment, especially with Farf saying he only watched Brotherhood and never 2003, and having both on his list somehow.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Not much of a feat tbf
But think of the cultural meaning - the influence. Yaiba is supposedly bigger than the Dragonball.

Besides after the abysmally bad beginning, I kinda enjoy the later Super. It's kinda fun.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
I haven‘t heard a lot of praise for Dragonball Super :hmm

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Now I want @Hardy to comment, especially with Farf saying he only watched Brotherhood and never 2003, and having both on his list somehow.
Wanted to shit on it as much as possible, I think it's THAT overrated.

Besides after the abysmally bad beginning, I kinda enjoy the later Super. It's kinda fun.
Ironically, I think the best parts are somewhere around the beginning. Granted, you should skip the BoG episodes, but RoF js done much better in the anime imo (and they bring back a fan favourite). The ToP was insufferable, couldn't finish it, which is a shame because of how big of a deal it was worldwide. I did follow the releases tho, just didn't watch them.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
I watched the first season after it became all the rage. Overall I thought it was decent, but not worthy of the unbeLIEVable amount of hype it had gotten at that point. Then I started watching the second season which wasn't as good as the first and I dropped it somewhere along the way and haven't ever felt the urge to pick it up again.

But I'm certain you already knew I've watched it - we talked about it in some other category I'm sure, can't remember which though.
Ah, my memory is awful as well.

The anime was certainly deserving of it‘s hype back in the time it came out. Later seasons took a while to be animated and a lot of the initial hype dampened a bit, which is in-line with the quality change and my personal enjoyment. Overall it has a fitting amount of appreciation imo.
Yday after expecting you and others to list it, I was thinking that maybe the main reason would be that the latest season was based in the part of the manga that usually people dislike the most (the Paradis human vs human part) - specially since Isayama agreed on summarizing it, which caused it to be the part that follows the manga the least as well. Good surprise xD

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
On SnK, watched it much later than the regular person. I liked it but didn't think it deserved the massive hype it had (specifically, the first season). The MaL score being so high is undeserved too imo, but it does have around 100 animes on top of it so it's just a flaw of the rating system.

So yeah, fma brotherhood gets 19 points for me.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
My issue with FMA Brotherhood is that I never read the manga and ended up enjoying the story in the first anime much more. Didn't like the power-of-friendship like ending - imo that was a rly weak finale. I also prefer some adaptations the first anime had (differing from the manga, which was still on going). Finally, the environment in the first anime is much better for my taste, more gloomy / darker. Knowing the first anime rly affected how much I enjoyed Brotherhood.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Wanted to shit on it as much as possible, I think it's THAT overrated.

Ironically, I think the best parts are somewhere around the beginning. Granted, you should skip the BoG episodes, but RoF js done much better in the anime imo (and they bring back a fan favourite). The ToP was insufferable, couldn't finish it, which is a shame because of how big of a deal it was worldwide. I did follow the releases tho, just didn't watch them.
Well, the animation quality at the start was horrible. It got on upgrade only after the puvlic 'outrage'. Honestly I can't give proper opinion, because I've just seen random fps her and there.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Ah, my memory is awful as well.

Yday after expecting you and others to list it, I was thinking that maybe the main reason would be that the latest season was based in the part of the manga that usually people dislike the most (the Paradis human vs human part) - specially since Isayama agreed on summarizing it, which caused it to be the part that follows the manga the least as well. Good surprise xD
Ah, I haven‘t watched the other seasons, thought the latest one was before that so.. :catshrug

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
So yeah, fma brotherhood gets 19 points for me.
Ayy lmao

My issue with FMA Brotherhood is that I never read the manga and ended up enjoying the story in the first anime much more. Didn't like the power-of-friendship like ending - imo that was a rly weak finale. I also prefer some adaptations the first anime had (differing from the manga, which was still on going). Finally, the environment in the first anime is much better for my taste, more gloomy / darker. Knowing the first anime rly affected how much I enjoyed Brotherhood.
Basically my exact same thoughts.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire