Games Top Ten Game - Most Overrated Anime - They think it's all over...

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,572
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
zimbardo what's the deadline, onegai ? :)
Try to get something to me by this weekend - I'd like to set the deadline for Saturday morning, but I am going to work on both Sat and Sun this weekend. I dunno how long I will be there, but my boss and I want to have a paper submitted before I offski on my Christmas holidays (so it's possible I might be super busy).

 
Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well I love dark fantasy and immoral characters. I still hated it :D
It's not really about dark fantasy or immoral characters. It has those elements but the characters are mostly presented as inhuman", not "immoral". It's a very complicated series but if I had to boil it down I'd say it's an exploration of the concept of free will, humanity, and in a smaller way loneliness.

That said if you don't like it, you don't like it. Like I said it's not for everyone. In fact, I'm a little surprised it's appealed as broadly as it has.
 
Last edited:

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
It's not really about dark fantasy or immoral characters. It has those elements but the characters are mostly presented as inhuman", not "immoral". It's a very complicated series but if I had to boil it down I'd say it's an exploration of the concept of free will, humanity, and in a smaller way loneliness.

That said if you don't like it, you don't like it. Like I said it's not for everyone. In fact, I'm a little surprised it's appealed as broadly as it has.
Their collective lust after Ainz is very much not inhuman :XD And it's the main character defining trait of most characters. It's just a really shallow series, not nearly as complicated as you say it. Plot doesn't know where it's going for 90% of the time, most episodes feel like filler.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Their collective lust after Ainz is very much not inhuman :XD And it's the main character defining trait of most characters. It's just a really shallow series, not nearly as complicated as you say it. Plot doesn't know where it's going for 90% of the time, most episodes feel like filler.
I could explain why your wrong but I feel like you don't care. So I'm not going to bother.

Now that Jojo is up on that we can talk about YOUR beloved series that I consider mediocre at best. The shoe is on the other foot now good sir.:hi
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
So I guess I'd agree that it's overrated in the sense that it's not a series for everyone, it was never meant to be that. It's a specific type of fan who is interested in exploring a very specific set of concepts.

Funny, this is why I voted for Jojo, that I quite like. Would just change the ending part for "EXPLORING CRAZY HYPE STUPID SHIT"
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I could explain why your wrong but I feel like you don't care. So I'm not going to bother.

Now that Jojo is up on that we can talk about YOUR beloved series that I consider mediocre at best. The shoe is on the other foot now good sir.:hi
You're*
 
Last edited:

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I could explain why your wrong but I feel like you don't care. So I'm not going to bother.

Now that Jojo is up on that we can talk about YOUR beloved series that I consider mediocre at best. The shoe is on the other foot now good sir.:hi
You could, but you would fail, because it can‘t be explained to someone who has seen all eps. Maybe before I‘d buy your deepness and complexity speech, but not like this :catshrug Meanwhile I‘m sure you didn‘t see all of JoJo.

I can accept your JoJo dislike as either not watching enough or bad taste/not a show for everyone, but trying to pretend Overlord has any meaning is olympic levels of jumps.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,681
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
This troll chain


I gave only a few points to Jojo and Kimetsu 'cause I watched very little. I didn't like both, but I thought it wouldn't be fair to load them with points since I had very little material to judge the series for.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Tried to fix my post before the correctors gang on me as well but I guess my effort is futile '-'
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You could, but you would fail, because it can‘t be explained to someone who has seen all eps. Maybe before I‘d buy your deepness and complexity speech, but not like this :catshrug Meanwhile I‘m sure you didn‘t see all of JoJo.

I can accept your JoJo dislike as either not watching enough or bad taste/not a show for everyone, but trying to pretend Overlord has any meaning is olympic levels of jumps.
Remember that first season? The one that watching it and hearing dialogue was so bad it made me wish I had always been dead.

Remember when Dio shoots laser beams out of his eyes? Because that's something vampires do.

Remember when the seires changed the whole combat system because the previous one sucked so bad the writer couldn't work with it anymore so he just switched the whole thing out?

Remember the good characters? Yeah... me neither.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Well prodding Gry aside. I thought season 2 was actually ok. As long as you could get past the Zoolander-ness of it.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
For Jojo I have to say the anime might be too hyped up, I loved the Jojo manga and its objectively better than the anime in almost everything, while the anime gets all the spotlight.

Still waiting for Sword Art Online to appear :awe
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Remember that first season? The one that watching it and hearing dialogue was so bad it made me wish I had always been dead.


Remember when Dio shoots laser beams out of his eyes? Because that's something vampires do.
The fake vampires you know from other stories maybe don't do that, but the real vampires of the show do. :cookiehand

Remember when the seires changed the whole combat system because the previous one sucked so bad the writer couldn't work with it anymore so he just switched the whole thing out?
I'm sure in Overlord you'd call it "widening the horizon of possibility of character interactions with unpredictable twists and turns making for more relevant and varied interactions" :nerd

Remember the good characters? Yeah... me neither.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Wait just for the record @Jammin do you think Overlord has good characters?(more than Gazef)
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,534
Reaction score
21,736
Gender
Female
Country
China
Oh my god you voted Jojo???
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

other than brandi who else is playing mg in that list?
 
Top