Games Top Ten Game - Most Overrated Anime - They think it's all over...

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,572
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
zimbardo what's the deadline, onegai ? :)
Try to get something to me by this weekend - I'd like to set the deadline for Saturday morning, but I am going to work on both Sat and Sun this weekend. I dunno how long I will be there, but my boss and I want to have a paper submitted before I offski on my Christmas holidays (so it's possible I might be super busy).

 
Last edited:

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,685
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Oh I misjudged Marcie. Ok, it didn't hurt so much, just surprised to learn that Orgz watched it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I would have given Demon Slayer a higher ranking, if I'd submitted my list after it winning Crunchyrolls Anime of the Decade -vote.
LOL didn't know that xDDD
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Oh I misjudged Marcie. Ok, it didn't hurt so much, just surprised to learn that Orgz watched it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



LOL didn't know that xDDD
I watched the first season after it became all the rage. Overall I thought it was decent, but not worthy of the unbeLIEVable amount of hype it had gotten at that point. Then I started watching the second season which wasn't as good as the first and I dropped it somewhere along the way and haven't ever felt the urge to pick it up again.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

But I'm certain you already knew I've watched it - we talked about it in some other category I'm sure, can't remember which though.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
LOL didn't know that xDDD
Yup. So according to the majority of users of Crunchyroll, the biggest anime streaming site of the west, one season season of a rather mediocre shonen adventure, with a few stand out animated scenes, is better than, let's say, FMA:Brotherhood, Durarara, Anohana, HxH, Madoka, Steins;Gate, Jojo, Kids on the Slope, Psycho-Pass, Uchu Kyudai, Parasyte, Ping Pong and Dragonball Super, for example.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Oh I misjudged Marcie. Ok, it didn't hurt so much, just surprised to learn that Orgz watched it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



LOL didn't know that xDDD
:hmph

The anime was certainly deserving of it‘s hype back in the time it came out. Later seasons took a while to be animated and a lot of the initial hype dampened a bit, which is in-line with the quality change and my personal enjoyment. Overall it has a fitting amount of appreciation imo.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Yup. So according to the majority of users of Crunchyroll, the biggest anime streaming site of the west, one season season of a rather mediocre shonen adventure, with a few stand out animated scenes, is better than, let's say, FMA:Brotherhood, Durarara, Anohana, HxH, Madoka, Steins;Gate, Jojo, Kids on the Slope, Psycho-Pass, Uchu Kyudai, Parasyte, Ping Pong and Dragonball Super, for example.
It‘s fairly recent, and that‘s the ones people will remember the most when asked about a bigger list. So not surprising to me. Though what is surprising is it‘s big overappreciation itself, which alone deserves a spot here even without that award.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
It‘s fairly recent, and that‘s the ones people will remember the most when asked about a bigger list. So not surprising to me. Though what is surprising is it‘s big overappreciation itself, which alone deserves a spot here even without that award.

Yeah, recency-bias is a bitch.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Now I want @Hardy to comment, especially with Farf saying he only watched Brotherhood and never 2003, and having both on his list somehow.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
Not much of a feat tbf
But think of the cultural meaning - the influence. Yaiba is supposedly bigger than the Dragonball.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Besides after the abysmally bad beginning, I kinda enjoy the later Super. It's kinda fun.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
I haven‘t heard a lot of praise for Dragonball Super :hmm
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,103
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Now I want @Hardy to comment, especially with Farf saying he only watched Brotherhood and never 2003, and having both on his list somehow.
Wanted to shit on it as much as possible, I think it's THAT overrated.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Besides after the abysmally bad beginning, I kinda enjoy the later Super. It's kinda fun.
Ironically, I think the best parts are somewhere around the beginning. Granted, you should skip the BoG episodes, but RoF js done much better in the anime imo (and they bring back a fan favourite). The ToP was insufferable, couldn't finish it, which is a shame because of how big of a deal it was worldwide. I did follow the releases tho, just didn't watch them.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,685
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I watched the first season after it became all the rage. Overall I thought it was decent, but not worthy of the unbeLIEVable amount of hype it had gotten at that point. Then I started watching the second season which wasn't as good as the first and I dropped it somewhere along the way and haven't ever felt the urge to pick it up again.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

But I'm certain you already knew I've watched it - we talked about it in some other category I'm sure, can't remember which though.
Ah, my memory is awful as well.

The anime was certainly deserving of it‘s hype back in the time it came out. Later seasons took a while to be animated and a lot of the initial hype dampened a bit, which is in-line with the quality change and my personal enjoyment. Overall it has a fitting amount of appreciation imo.
Yday after expecting you and others to list it, I was thinking that maybe the main reason would be that the latest season was based in the part of the manga that usually people dislike the most (the Paradis human vs human part) - specially since Isayama agreed on summarizing it, which caused it to be the part that follows the manga the least as well. Good surprise xD
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,103
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
On SnK, watched it much later than the regular person. I liked it but didn't think it deserved the massive hype it had (specifically, the first season). The MaL score being so high is undeserved too imo, but it does have around 100 animes on top of it so it's just a flaw of the rating system.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So yeah, fma brotherhood gets 19 points for me.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,685
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
My issue with FMA Brotherhood is that I never read the manga and ended up enjoying the story in the first anime much more. Didn't like the power-of-friendship like ending - imo that was a rly weak finale. I also prefer some adaptations the first anime had (differing from the manga, which was still on going). Finally, the environment in the first anime is much better for my taste, more gloomy / darker. Knowing the first anime rly affected how much I enjoyed Brotherhood.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,767
Country
Torumekian Empire
Wanted to shit on it as much as possible, I think it's THAT overrated.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Ironically, I think the best parts are somewhere around the beginning. Granted, you should skip the BoG episodes, but RoF js done much better in the anime imo (and they bring back a fan favourite). The ToP was insufferable, couldn't finish it, which is a shame because of how big of a deal it was worldwide. I did follow the releases tho, just didn't watch them.
Well, the animation quality at the start was horrible. It got on upgrade only after the puvlic 'outrage'. Honestly I can't give proper opinion, because I've just seen random fps her and there.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Ah, my memory is awful as well.



Yday after expecting you and others to list it, I was thinking that maybe the main reason would be that the latest season was based in the part of the manga that usually people dislike the most (the Paradis human vs human part) - specially since Isayama agreed on summarizing it, which caused it to be the part that follows the manga the least as well. Good surprise xD
Ah, I haven‘t watched the other seasons, thought the latest one was before that so.. :catshrug
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,644
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
So yeah, fma brotherhood gets 19 points for me.
Ayy lmao
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

My issue with FMA Brotherhood is that I never read the manga and ended up enjoying the story in the first anime much more. Didn't like the power-of-friendship like ending - imo that was a rly weak finale. I also prefer some adaptations the first anime had (differing from the manga, which was still on going). Finally, the environment in the first anime is much better for my taste, more gloomy / darker. Knowing the first anime rly affected how much I enjoyed Brotherhood.
Basically my exact same thoughts.
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,572
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Top