Discussion Sanji Discussion Thread

Who will be Sanji's main opponent during the Raid on Onigashima?


  • Total voters
    100

nik87

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 25, 2016
Messages
3,658
Reaction score
3,348
Country
The Wall
Yeah Pizarro looks like a logical match for Sanji. Why not Burgess though?
Helmsman match fitting Jinbe the most. Depends what DF he will get too, I guess.
Their combat style is also similar, Burgess uses shockwaves while Jinbe does something similar with Fishman Karate.
Burgess also seems less mobile combatant while Pizarro could be quite agile and focused on speed.
 

Deleted member 169696

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
I'm hoping for an epic battle between Zoro and Shiryu in the rain which is basically decided with one slash. Proper old school Ashura type battle

I was just looking it up and I wrongly presumed whitebeard's division captains were ranked based on strength.

There's therefore not really any basis to assume this is the case for the BB pirates, which means that my prior comment was pointless :D

Yeah Pizarro looks like a logical match for Sanji. Why not Burgess though?
I'm personally more inclined to believe that Burgess will be Sanji's "final" opponent.

However it's hard to evaluate Burgess' strength as of now.

I mean he looked pathetic against Sabo. Not saying Sabo is weak or anything it's just that I expected Burgess to last longer.

I hope though, that perhaps he eats a powerful fruit to make up for the lack of strength.

Helmsman match fitting Jinbe the most. Depends what DF he will get too, I guess.
Their combat style is also similar, Burgess uses shockwaves while Jinbe does something similar with Fishman Karate.
Burgess also seems less mobile combatant while Pizarro could be quite agile and focused on speed.
Good point.

Speaking of San Juan Wolf... People call him "the collosal ship" if I'm not mistaken. Which leads me to thinking Franky and some of his tech VS San Juan is a likely scenario.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
Helmsman match fitting Jinbe the most. Depends what DF he will get too, I guess.
Their combat style is also similar, Burgess uses shockwaves while Jinbe does something similar with Fishman Karate.
Burgess also seems less mobile combatant while Pizarro could be quite agile and focused on speed.
Sabo wiped the floor with Burgess, and I think Burgess would be no match for Jinbe either.

Besides, if Zoro is going to fight Shilliew, then the Strawhats will get much stronger. Then Burgess won't be a suitable opponent neither for Jinbe or Sanji.
 

Deleted member 169696

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Sabo wiped the floor with Burgess, and I think Burgess would be no match for Jinbe either.

Besides, if Zoro is going to fight Shilliew, then the Strawhats will get much stronger. Then Burgess won't be a suitable opponent neither for Jinbe or Sanji.
Newsflash... Characters other than strawhats can get stronger too...
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Sanji will fight the third strongest dude in the BB pirates if it's a straight up crew vs crew. After seeing Oden's flashback where Roger and WB crews clashed, I'd love to see it once.
 

nik87

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 25, 2016
Messages
3,658
Reaction score
3,348
Country
The Wall
Sabo wiped the floor with Burgess, and I think Burgess would be no match for Jinbe either.

Besides, if Zoro is going to fight Shilliew, then the Strawhats will get much stronger. Then Burgess won't be a suitable opponent neither for Jinbe or Sanji.
Sabo is just too strong for Burgess, it doesnt mean Burgess is weak. Also, whatever DF Burgess will get, it will make him more troublesome and physically I think he could already be superior to Jinbe. Jinbe obviously is a monster too and is close to unbeatable in water but I doubt him having too much water at disposal against Burgess.

Blackbeard's crew are no slouches, they are notorious inmates from lvl 6, the best of the best. I am sure his original members wont be far behind those either.
They will be scaled to end game levels, of course, to be slightly stronger than their Strawhat counterparts to make the fights interesting.
 

woefdram

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2007
Messages
331
Reaction score
470
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
What I love about OP is that there are so many different (and odd) abilities that there is no clear power hierarchy. There was a small reference to power levels in the Enies Lobby arc, but fortunately this never came back. I therefore hope that most match ups will be mostly based on affinity/contrast.

I would love it if part of the match up also comes with a personality clash to ensure that the fights stay funny as well.
 

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
5,924
Reaction score
3,413
Age
31
Country
United States
Sanji has never taken on bad swordsmen, let alone master swordsmen, even less those of Shiryus caliber. It is not his job to fight Shiryu, invisibility parallel helps him in no way.
The corrupt king probably has some history with the Vinsmokes and most likely is a good puncher seeing how his arms look so we will be seeing a leg vs fist match.
Nah that more non-factual than factual as nothing to say he cross paths with Germa and Sanji won't be interested. He more Shiryu especially their more traits shown with them over most. Zoro is getting Burgess especially if he getting the theorized Diamond Fruit in the end. Plus he need more unpredictable results too ;).

It be not surprise and difference than always sword vs sword and fighter vs fighter.
 
Last edited:

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
Newsflash... Characters other than strawhats can get stronger too...
They can, but I would find it weird if Oda made Burgess a punching bag in Dressrosa only to make him the real deal later.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I think it'll be Burgess vs. Franky as both have similar fighting styles in that they're more apt to wrestling while Sanji is more of a martial artist.
 

Crazytype

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2007
Messages
189
Reaction score
94
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
They can, but I would find it weird if Oda made Burgess a punching bag in Dressrosa only to make him the real deal later.
I wouldn't say that Burgess was a punching bag, he could take quite a beating. Of course, he had no chance against Sabo but if he gets a devil fruit, someone mentioned the diamond fruit, he would become quite a problem and he's one of the captains of the Blackbeard pirates. I don't think he is weak at all.
 

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 14, 2015
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
1,684
Gender
Male
Country
South Africa
Nah that more non-factual than factual as nothing to say he cross paths with Germa and Sanji won't be interested. He more Shiryu especially their more traits shown with them over most. Zoro is getting Burgess especially if he getting the theorized Diamond Fruit in the end. Plus he need more unpredictable results too ;).

It be not surprise and difference than always sword vs sword and fighter vs fighter.
Zoro is a master COA user what use will the diamond fruit be against that?
 

Grandmaster Woro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2018
Messages
1,227
Reaction score
751
Age
41
Country
Austria
Zoro will be the one to fight shiryuu coz zoro aims to become best swordsman, this is why i dont see sanji fight against shiryuu
Sanji usually fights the weirdo but actually quite strong, probably jesus burgess,vasco, or corrupt king
 

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
5,924
Reaction score
3,413
Age
31
Country
United States
Zoro is a master COA user what use will the diamond fruit be against that?
He hasn't cut anything or beaten any elite swordsman. He has no COA mastery after fainting early.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Sanji is getting Shiryu is very likely as fight in invisible world would be interesting and new. Oda is unpredictable so Zoro facing fighter again would be something to be diverse on. He need creativity on his fights. Been bland with weirdos and fodder-enemies.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
If SH vs BB pirates happens like a straight up crew battle (which would be awesome) Sanji will fight the 3rd best fighter of the BB pirates, whoever that is.
 

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
5,924
Reaction score
3,413
Age
31
Country
United States
If SH vs BB pirates happens like a straight up crew battle (which would be awesome) Sanji will fight the 3rd best fighter of the BB pirates, whoever that is.
2nd/3rd. It varies with who Sanji fights among strongest under their leader at times. Though no doubt BB Pirates be pushed to another lvl in the end.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
One of the few (if only) instances where you can make the argument of Sanji fighting a stronger opponent to Zoro is probably Kuroobi, but it would seem that he, along with Hachi and Chew were all on the same level.

Against crews/organisations where strength levels are clearly defined/ shown( think Baroque Works, CP9), Sanji has fought the no.3. I think though, going forward, that'll be less of a thing, as the crew are dealing with larger groups now, who would have multiple fighters with same strength levels. It would then be more about compatibility and match ups.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Did Sanji fight the third best or did he fight the strongest non-boss that didn't use swords? We've almost always seen Zoro fight swordsmen, while Sanji fought people who didn't use swords. this has been consistent or almost always consistent, so I'm not sure why anyone would think Sanji would fight Shiryuu or a swordsman.

And for that matter, as I think I've said, he won't fight Jesus either because Jesus looks more like a wrestler like Franky than a martial artist. But that's up in the air regardless. That said, it'll be whoever's the strongest non-boss non-swordsman.
 

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
5,924
Reaction score
3,413
Age
31
Country
United States
One of the few (if only) instances where you can make the argument of Sanji fighting a stronger opponent to Zoro is probably Kuroobi, but it would seem that he, along with Hachi and Chew were all on the same level.

Against crews/organisations where strength levels are clearly defined/ shown( think Baroque Works, CP9), Sanji has fought the no.3. I think though, going forward, that'll be less of a thing, as the crew are dealing with larger groups now, who would have multiple fighters with same strength levels. It would then be more about compatibility and match ups.
Not just Kuroobi, but Jabra technically as he had DF Mastery over Kaku since he just ate is which made him lethal and dangerous combine with his CP9 and Haki lvl too. There was also Vergo, Daifuku, Oven, Page One, and Drake so far being stronger opposition compare to Zoro throughout NW. He actually been facing serious threats more than people realize.

Now has potential to face Queen or King depending how it goes on YC lvl opponent face.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Did Sanji fight the third best or did he fight the strongest non-boss that didn't use swords? We've almost always seen Zoro fight swordsmen, while Sanji fought people who didn't use swords. this has been consistent or almost always consistent, so I'm not sure why anyone would think Sanji would fight Shiryuu or a swordsman.

And for that matter, as I think I've said, he won't fight Jesus either because Jesus looks more like a wrestler like Franky than a martial artist. But that's up in the air regardless. That said, it'll be whoever's the strongest non-boss non-swordsman.
To be unpredictable for Oda and not first time them facing weapon user and fighter user on their respective side. Can happen again in this arc and later.
 
Top