Year Round Basketball Thread + NBA Fantasy League

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,844
Reaction score
16,833
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Seems this post is pinned so here are the 2025/26 award predictions that I've received so far! If you haven't sent already then feel free to shoot me your list!

 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,233
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Lebron has to win the chip this year or else his legacy as the Goat will be in Jeopardy
The GOAT could never be 3-6 in the Finals. The actual GOAT is 6-0.

Plus, this season will always have an asterisk attached to it regardless of who wins it. Tough to draw any conclusions from it.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
He'll never be the GOAT. He's lost in the Finals twice as many times as he's won. The actual GOAT never lost.

Plus, this season will always have an asterisk attached to it regardless of who wins it. Tough to draw any conclusions from it.
i believe this season is legit. no homecourt advantage, no travel, all rested, playing under the same circumstance unless a team got a key player out due to covid
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,233
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
i believe this season is legit. no homecourt advantage, no travel, all rested, playing under the same circumstance unless a team got a key player out due to covid
The reasons you listed are the same reasons why it might not be. Regular season is still abbreviated by like 10 games for most teams.

And unless the Bubble works perfectly, odds are someone will be out with it...
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, forgot about prediction about the chip
Clippers over Bucks in 6

This is assuming no players opt out of playing before July 30th, as their squad is missing some guys like Shamet and Zubac, who haven't reported yet. While Harrell and Beverley left to attend for personal matters. If complete, feel they got the best squad.
Can't really disagree with that because I think Clippers will work better as a unit come play-offs than the Lakers; their pieces just fit better, despite who LAL bring in. I hope I'm proven wrong though.

I'm looking forward to seeing Play-Off Giannis this year, but they'll have to go through Raptors and Celtics to get that Conference final spot. Theyre good as a unit but need to be better at managing the game with Middleton or Giannis aren't on the court.

Has the league any cut off date for players who have opted out of joining their teams? I know there's been a few players leaving the bubble due to personal issues. I think Harrell actually left a few days ago too ( dunno if he's returned yet) but I didn't read about Beverley.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
ya'll sleeping on my Heat
Can't really disagree with that because I think Clippers will work better as a unit come play-offs than the Lakers; their pieces just fit better, despite who LAL bring in. I hope I'm proven wrong though.

I'm looking forward to seeing Play-Off Giannis this year, but they'll have to go through Raptors and Celtics to get that Conference final spot. Theyre good as a unit but need to be better at managing the game with Middleton or Giannis aren't on the court.

Has the league any cut off date for players who have opted out of joining their teams? I know there's been a few players leaving the bubble due to personal issues. I think Harrell actually left a few days ago too ( dunno if he's returned yet) but I didn't read about Beverley.
ya'll sleeping on my Heat lol
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Your Heat? I thought you were a big Lakers fan now :heh
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
ya'll sleeping on my Heat


ya'll sleeping on my Heat lol
Haha not even, I like Miami but they don't have a lot of play off experience in their team. I guess same with Lakers but then LeBron and AD make up that with just better talent.

Have you guys been watching the scrimmages that started the day before?
 

LaGOAT

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 27, 2017
Messages
3,044
Reaction score
3,679
Age
32
Country
United States
Nuggets winning the chip guys calm down
 

Aurelius

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
3,151
Reaction score
8,860
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm looking forward to seeing Play-Off Giannis this year, but they'll have to go through Raptors and Celtics to get that Conference final spot. Theyre good as a unit but need to be better at managing the game with Middleton or Giannis aren't on the court.
Definitely, its always different in the playoffs when the game slows down and teams will pack the paint against him. His jumper has gotten better, but he's still just a 31% 3pt shooter and like 64% from the line. And you know if they face the Heat, Bam is a Giannis stopper, well at least relative to everyone else, lol.

Has the league any cut off date for players who have opted out of joining their teams? I know there's been a few players leaving the bubble due to personal issues. I think Harrell actually left a few days ago too ( dunno if he's returned yet) but I didn't read about Beverley.
It's been hard to find stuff on this. All I know is July 30th is the official start and up until August 14th, teams can sign a substitute player if one of their own voluntarily opts out. A grain of salt here, but I think players can opt out after that too, but will forfeit salary and such that remains.

Best, I could find

Nuggets winning the chip guys calm down
Did you see Jokic's weight loss, gonna reach the next level
 
Last edited:

LaGOAT

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 27, 2017
Messages
3,044
Reaction score
3,679
Age
32
Country
United States
Definitely, its always different in the playoffs when the game slows down and teams will pack the paint against him. His jumper has gotten better, but he's still just a 31% 3pt shooter and like 64% from the line. And you know if they face the Heat, Bam is a Giannis stopper, well at least relative to everyone else, lol.



It's been hard to find stuff on this. All I know is July 30th is the official start and up until August 14th, teams can sign a substitute player if one of their own voluntarily opts out. A grain of salt here, but I think players can opt out after that too, but will forfeit salary and such that remains.

Best, I could find



Did you see Jokic's weight loss, gonna reach the next level
Ya and bol bol BALLING my teams is gonna be scary
 

Aurelius

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 10, 2019
Messages
3,151
Reaction score
8,860
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Have you guys been watching the scrimmages that started the day before?
Just saw Miami's highlights and some others on ESPN. It's definitely a different feel without fans and the neutral court.

Ya and bol bol BALLING my teams is gonna be scary
Miami gave you that pick so you guys could get him. A little gratitude maybe. Jk, do you think he will actually get some run when the real games start or was it more just a young guy finally getting playing time. Also, I really like MPJ, I think he's got next.
 

LaGOAT

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 27, 2017
Messages
3,044
Reaction score
3,679
Age
32
Country
United States
Just saw Miami's highlights and some others on ESPN. It's definitely a different feel without fans and the neutral court.



Miami gave you that pick so you guys could get him. A little gratitude maybe. Jk, do you think he will actually get some run when the real games start or was it more just a young guy finally getting playing time. Also, I really like MPJ, I think he's got next.
I don’t think he will play when playoffs starts but MPJ doesn’t get enough mins but I promise u my team is gonna scare the league!!!
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
What's you guys opinion on players leaving the bubble for "personal reasons" or emergencies?

It's becoming more and more common now.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,133
Reaction score
14,110
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
If they are willing to sit out for twenty days it's fine imo
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
What's you guys opinion on players leaving the bubble for "personal reasons" or emergencies?

It's becoming more and more common now.
Honestly it's not cool if you're on a contender team. We all know half of those emergencies are fake, Lou williams leaving just to be seen at a restaurant/strip clubs pretty much confirmed this.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Honestly it's not cool if you're on a contender team. We all know half of those emergencies are fake, Lou williams leaving just to be seen at a restaurant/strip clubs pretty much confirmed this.
That's precisely why I asked the question. Considering his role and his team, it's kind of a dumb thing to do. The risks just aren't worth it and now your team will be missing it's best scorer coming off the bench for the first 2 seeding matches.

I'm not even against players leaving the bubble for emergencies, because shit happens and the last thing you wanna do is regret not being around your family.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
one thing i love about the bubble is that games start early.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Just saw Miami's highlights and some others on ESPN. It's definitely a different feel without fans and the neutral court.



Miami gave you that pick so you guys could get him. A little gratitude maybe. Jk, do you think he will actually get some run when the real games start or was it more just a young guy finally getting playing time. Also, I really like MPJ, I think he's got next.
The Nuggets vs Rockets HAS to be the most intriguing matchup of all in the bubble. You’ve got one team embracing the modern small-ball on the extreme side, and the other one is completely spitting on that while still retaining elements of the modern game i.e.: good shooters all around.
 
Top