Games Mafia Game 87 - Baccano! - END GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Lol yeah, I was planning to try to RT Kill you the coming Night anyway so I just had to.
Disappointed in you mister
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Well played
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Think I will be taking a break...tired of being peoples pawn x/
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,539
Reaction score
21,808
Gender
Female
Country
China
So skål the traitor huh? Kinda aigoo the TP's inted the first nights, but mechanics-wise, the mafia was disadvantaged anyway, so who knows whether or not that was bad for them. The first couple of deaths were funny xD After the (mutual) bullying, Sam, Evil, Pingu and I all kick the bucket lmfao :lmao
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Daws can verify that even though I saw pretty much zero chance of still winning the game by d5/N5, I was hoping to take it as far as possible, I've been pestering hosts with questions to make different scenarios and using the PM convo to vent and scheme borderline more than I've posted in the thread the last couple phases.

I realize it was farfetched but I really hoped passing the Elixir to sakura - even saying a bit too obvious things like "I wonder if Mafia has Elixir by now" NUDGE NUDGE, and going as far as spelling it out "she could only have gotten Elixir by a Mafia buddy" - that she'd do the math, drink the Elixir and recruit me next Night. Heck, if I'd then won coinflip and perma-killed Gry or someone else, she could've even had to be lynched so she could resurrect, giving me another Phase to kill someone else before I was really flying solo.
Even when she then publicly announced she got an Elixir I thought this scenario had a tiny fraction of a chance of working.
I was ready to make lynch cases against the Masons and gnut after sakura too, if I got that far. Given how pro-Town people have seen me I thought I had a decent chance to at least take a couple more down before I died.

@sakura-aneki don't take this the wrong way though, I realize you probably thought someone was testing you somehow. I'm not mad at that part (or any decisions anyone made in the game since it is that - a game) I realize it was a long shot.
And sorry if my post was the final straw for you to throw the game, I really were just hoping it would help you realize the Elixir could only have come from me, to give you a sliver of hope, but instead it did the opposite...
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
What I am a bit ticked off at is that SO MANY decided to throw the game, to varying degrees. I join these games knowing I'll be spending more time than I actually have to spare because in the end I usually think it's worth it. But when people just give up when they hit a major bump, or take accusations super personally and ragequit AS IF ACCUSATIONS ISNT WHAT THE GAME IS BASED ON, then that time spent feels more like time wasted.

I definitely am not flawless when it comes to these games. I've been exhausted from work and soon-2-year-old going through a phase. I really did sleep through N1 – if I hadn't, I'd have had my own Elixir finished and could've passed it earlier and who knows how the game would've played out for Mafia. Maybe I played a bit too pro-Town at times but I really thought that would be a plus once I got recruited.
So yeah, I blame myself a bit for how this worked out for Mafia. (On the other hand I’ve pointed out to Daws and Asako contradictions and plays my Mafia has made but again, I have no urge nor right to be mad at the way people have played, in-game decisions taken etc. )
But again, like Gry said, I don't get why people join a liar game based on lies and accusations if they don't expect there to be lies and accusations against them, or don't expect unpredictable things to make them lose the game.

And if I feel that way, imagine how the hosts - who put in a shitload of time and effort just so we’d enjoy ourselves - feel...

Anyway, sorry for long post etc. In the end I have love for everyone and I hope everyone (including me) cools down over the Holidays. (If there’s one good thing about the way this game ended, it’s the timing of it, I’ll admit that much!)

Traitor out, for now. Merry Christmas!
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,111
Reaction score
12,877
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
@SonOfDaws Nice game, I liked the mechanics and i liked my role, Thanks for hosting and i think the game was balanced, Just the players giving up so easy. The mafia were so bad and TP had
really bad luck with the early Santa kill.

@pudgiePenguin you are very organized person, Your analyzing in the mason pad was neat and i liked how you gave thoughts on each player despite it's your first game. I hope to see you around again ^^

@Hll Sorry for doubting you because you were busy, you were telling the truth the whole time, I like that prioritize your job over the game

@xnut @sakura-aneki I hope you guys to be on good terms soon, Like why even fight? you both are good ppl.

Also sakura, please don't post pms again. It it's not healthy because we all invested time in the game so it's kinda selfish. But i get it, we all have bad times :3
 

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,385
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
@gnut I apologize for my comment and attitude. And to all the players. Especially sakura too. I never knew I would Mind Jutsu a mafia player to following my actions. It was late and I was tired plus apparently I was incubating a cold but had no symptoms yet. And gnut was working on my last nerve. But in my mind this -> “... :cookiestare “ wasn’t a big deal until the night phase started and realized “yep getting the boot.” As Gry pointed out, nobody still knew what that meant.:XD So I wished I had gotten Hostkilled and banned for some more deviant behavior.You can take the girl out of the mafia game but you can’t take the mafia out of the girl.

:crying:nah:sweatdrop

It feels like when I was in 8th grade again.

A boy across the class said “anyone have an extra pencil?”

I did, of course. I always kept extra supplies since people were were forever needing pencils and erasers and paper, which they would never give backs if I did lend them out. So I held it up.

He said, “throw it.”

So I did. At the same time the teacher turned around screaming “Annnnnnaaaaa!”

I was like “What?” I sat so straight in my desk. Never having received such a tone for my name. It really scarred me because what did I do? Why did she call my name?

“I can’t believe you were throwing pencils in class during a test! Detention!”

I was dumbfounded, “But he needed a pencil. And he was talking during a test, wouldn’t that be something better to punish? He said throw it so I did.”

“More detention. Don’t back talk.”

... It’s the only time I ever got detention. :emocat Why people want to punish someone innocent like me? Everyone has bad days.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Can’t believe after @Evil3ye ’s list helped us contradict Seraph, that no one checked to see whether @Vandred had even had Prostitute before like he claimed.
(Because as far as I could find, he hasn’t, but there are couple past games with incomplete role lists etc..)
I said this to Daws as soon as Vand claimed. :lmao
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also sakura claiming she had “useful” role and then when she revealed BP she called it “useless” over and over.

But I see that whole reveal was a result of the forum autosave thing... that can really be a bitch...
 
Last edited:

Crescent Jinx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
2,289
Reaction score
15,385
Gender
Female
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
@gnut I apologize for my comment and attitude. And to all the players. Especially sakura too. I never knew I would Mind Jutsu a mafia player to following my actions. It was late and I was tired plus apparently I was incubating a cold but had no symptoms yet. And gnut was working on my last nerve. But in my mind this -> “... :cookiestare “ wasn’t a big deal until the night phase started and realized “yep getting the boot.” As Gry pointed out, nobody still knew what that meant.:XD So I wished I had gotten Hostkilled and banned for some more deviant behavior.You can take the girl out of the mafia game but you can’t take the mafia out of the girl.

:crying:nah:sweatdrop

It feels like when I was in 8th grade again.

A boy across the class said “anyone have an extra pencil?”

I did, of course. I always kept extra supplies since people were were forever needing pencils and erasers and paper, which they would never give backs if I did lend them out. So I held it up.

He said, “throw it.”

So I did. At the same time the teacher turned around screaming “Annnnnnaaaaa!”

I was like “What?” I sat so straight in my desk. Never having received such a tone for my name. It really scarred me because what did I do? Why did she call my name?

“I can’t believe you were throwing pencils in class during a test! Detention!”

I was dumbfounded, “But he needed a pencil. And he was talking during a test, wouldn’t that be something better to punish? He said throw it so I did.”

“More detention. Don’t back talk.”

... It’s the only time I ever got detention. :emocat Why people want to punish someone innocent like me? Everyone has bad days.
And apologize to the hosts for putting that decision on you. Although like I said, I didn’t think I was getting HK at the time. So mine wasn’t purposeful. But it was really bad of me to let my emotions get to that level where I couldn’t make a good decision. It’s really too bad so many people either gave up mentally or went the HK way. The game was fun to watch (:scry) from the sidelines even with Santa Ho, Mentor Seraph, Hardy Assassin all dying or getting caught early. I think my main issue was the burden with the small mafia and the TPs. Anyway. Merry Christmas. The game ended with perfect timing. Maybe that was the true Vanplan the whole time. Love guys. Even when we make each other upset. We are still family. Even if we might be separated by distance and age and beliefs and sometimes alliance, the family that lynches and gets lynched together stays together.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,692
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
I attempted to start a spreadsheet with those notes, but work didn't leave me much time and will for that. Spent most of N1 filling it, with votes timeline and all (I think I had to go thru 500 posts), but after a second day I could barely take any notes cause work hit me again (I was supposed to be on a break during the week which didn't happen) I gave up. Had to go with my memory which never ends up well.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
i think with how "confirmed" Orgz was, if we'd have picked up that he was traitor he would have won it alone xD
I couldn’t believe my luck when Seraph claimed BG btw, like “YES CEMENT MYSELF AS NEAR-CONFIRMED TOWN DAY 1 THANK YOU”, and then Greg confirmed me as well. Maybe I got a bit too “confirmed” for you guys to go for me... :grumble

The problem with Traitor is I can’t exactly just go out and list you four as top suspects, because then I might’ve died before being recruited and you’d all be outed. But I did keep saying I was sus of you all, while trying to subtly suggest little ways to back up your plays (suggesting @Farfalla was blocked when going for Gaj etc.) without actually defending you.

I only actually voted either of you guys for lynch either when it was too late to really change the outcome (Gajeel over desin D4), or it was clear they’d die anyway (Gajeel D5 and Vand D6 - when I’d also passed Elixir to sakura).
And also tried to do little Farf-like things in posts, starting paragraphs with the words “I - Am - Traitor” (that one got lost because I added double post to it..) and other hints here and there too.

But yeah. Playing Notice-me-Mafia-senpai was tough because obviously when Mafia read hundreds of posts per day your main goal isn’t to look for tiny details that hint at Traitor. :XD
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top