Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 521 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 16 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 521 Spoilers & Discussion

Jyu viole grace

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
English translated chapter------

O_n_Sly

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yorari and Orari seem a bit timid and mention how the main forces will be able to get them out! What if the individual inside can sense Y&O and is calling Baam worthy for drawing Y&O in there!!! I’m guessing the individual is chained or trapped in a device similar to JH’s!!!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The fan T/l could be slightly wrong and the individual could be referring to the grudge they have against Yorari!

Jyu viole grace

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
English translated chapter------

Downloadable English Translate Chapter, please pin mods
@Lady pompom @Demonspeed please pin these

lazybum

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Funny how it's Baam the one who took action to defend his group from Yorari, whom I presume to be a High Ranker, rather than Aria who is herself a High Ranker. Baam finally getting respected for his power?

The ghost who wants revenge on LPB, I wonder if it's an amalgam of animals who were subjugated by LPB, that they resent him for taking their will & freedom.

PGT

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Being an Irregular should already do that.
If not his Irregular status on its own, then his spell immunity.
If not that, then being the vessel of the Outside God.

Baam is the last person that needs an excuse to be unaffected by Traumerei's anima abilities.
That's one of the reasons I expect Traumerei to be the weakest FH, basically, between them. The reason being that he probably can't control any of them… and sth like an anima being able to at least debuff a being he's unable to control hasn't been introduced and doesn't seem like it will. And whatever Shinheuh he could control shouldn't be much stronger than the 5 ancients, nor numerous, as that would kinda break the lore. It's not that it is impossible or would necessarily contradict the lore, but it'd be like SIU introducing a spear technique a tier above Maschenny's lightning spear and that being sth not exclusive to Eduan

Ofc he must have other strong points, but until now this seems to be his selling point, like Eduan's spearmanship; Hon's swordsmanship; Yurin cqc; Blossom's offensive wave controlling abilities; etc

This coupled with the strong possibility that peak irregulars are at least a tier above top regulars render his trademark kinda useless against other FHs. Even the fact that he may appear this arc is evidence to his human control abilities not being that op since if he could control beings at the low top 100 ballpark he'd basically be unstoppable barring Baam or specifically Luslec or a FH appearing (not that there's no one besides those that could be immune to his controlling skills, it's just that we don't have any precedent for them to appear. And not that Baam being immune means it'd be reasonable for him to stall Traumerei at this point in time). Which in turn might put into question the power level of the strongest Shinheuhs he can control

One could imagine him compensating with a large number of Shinheuh but that scenario would be kinda embarassing for him against a FH, probably the only situation he'd need to do so. I mean, he would have a large army of giant shinheuhs that would get one shotted or almost that by the FHs, a massacre just so he maybe wears a FH and then wins against them

Short of being able to mass produce creatures the level of the Ancients or even above or partnering with the workshop in order to create oddities like Admin powers and et cetera, his entire Anima thing might end up being useless when facing a FH/peak Irregular. Which may end up being the reason for him to apparently have interest in creating strong creatures and genetic experimentation and all that. If Irregulars are a tier above top regulars, then he may end up being too strong for any regular but too weak for any irregular

hblock

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
@hblock, @Shadowlord123: until further notice, Asensio is significantly stronger than Lightning Spear Bearer Lyborick (all out Lyborick can very well be a different case), but if you restrict Lyborick only to his lightning shinsu and his Spear Bearer abilities, he should fall well short of "Spear Master Asensio".
This is still speculative, it depends on how strong Asencio is but I can easily see Lyb' rivaling or beating a low level top 300 who specializes in lightening spear with his sub-lightening spear alone. That's in no way a far fetched assumption.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Flying wise I just think it’s a skill you learn for example I doubt the sleepy dude was more poweful than Rankers in season 1 so them being able to fly does not mean they are as poweful as Rankers.
I do think we need a fight with them to properly see how much stronger they’ve gotten
At a bare minimum it's a skill that is essentially non existent for regulars unaided. Even bam with all the skills he has accumulated only manages it via his wonsulsa skills. In any scenario it takes plenty of BS for a regular to fly at all, and now we are seeing those 2 fly in spaces where actual rankers can't. If aguero and rak got 10% of white's power each... then that's easily enough for a ranker. at a third of his power each that's easily high ranker stuff. That said, even if they got all that power it'll probably take some time for them to be able to use it. Add to that how shinsoo contracts might factor into it.

Welp, laure is a BS character in plenty of ways. The guy couldn't just do bangs in season 1, he could use actual techniques (which he used to levitate iirc).

PGT

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Lightning Spear Techniques are somewhat common in the Khun Family (e.g. the Hell Train Khun and Asensio seem to use them).

The Maschenny Style Lightning Spear technique is unique to the Maschennies and is considered "one of the ultimate Spear Techniques". It's a specific Lightning Spear technique, not the only one.

Kallavan and Lyborick's dialogue sounds like Lyborick was imitating a general lightning Spear Technique and not Maschenny's in particular.

If Lyborick was of Maschenny descent, he wouldn't need to imitate an inferior technique, since he would be capable of utilising an ultimate Spear Technique.

Of course all usage of the Maschenny Style Lightning Spear pale in comparison to Maschenny's own usage of the Technique.

Season 2 Chapter 47 Blog Post

Source

Considering that Lyborick is only imitating the ordinary Lightning Spear (not an ultimate technique like Maschenny's) and considering that Kallavan only said that he's (much) stronger than the average Lightning Spear Bearer, I expect Master Spear Bearers like Asensio to considerably exceed Lyborick as a Spear Bearer (of course, Lyborick's other abilities may bridge the gap, but evaluating them solely as Spear Bearers and considering only their Lightning Shinsu Quality, Asensio should be well above Lyborick. He's not regarded as "the Spear Master" of the Khun Family for nothing).

It goes without saying that Maschenny Zahard is in another class entirely as a Lightning Spear Bearer (the inventor of an ultimate Lightning Spear Technique, her usage of the technique vastly exceeds the usual High Rankers, and even among the Maschennies, she's the only one that can utilise the technique to its full potential).

She's probably second only to Eduan in the category of "Lightning Spear Bearers".

To be frank, my main takeaways from the chapter on this topic are:
  • Lyborick is not actually all that strong as a Lightning Spear Bearer.
    • His real talents may lie elsewhere, especially because his "shape" is not a spear and he has Po Bidau genes.
    • He's only imitating the ordinary Lightning Spear technique, so it should pale in comparison to the Lightning Spear techniques of other Elite High Rankers.
    • Granted, Kallavan said that he's probably much stronger than the average Lightning Spear Bearer.
  • The level of Elite Lightning Spear Bearers should considerably exceed what Lyborick is capable of.
    • Their genuine article should significantly exceed his mere imitation.
    • Depending on how Lyborick's Lightning Spear Bearer abilities stack against a serious Kallavan, I'll need to reevaluate them.

[ until further notice, Asensio is significantly stronger than Lightning Spear Bearer Lyborick (all out Lyborick can very well be a different case), but if you restrict Lyborick only to his lightning shinsu and his Spear Bearer abilities, he should fall well short of "Spear Master Asensio".
I'm very curious as to why he's fighting using simulated lightning spear technique. He not only doesn't seem to be using a more common, weaker and general lightning spear technique (if it was any special I imagine SIU would name it as he names attacks and abilities in this series), he's literally using a physical spear as medium, i.e. that's not a lightning spear, it's a spear imbued with lightning. If that counts as lightning spear technique is only a matter of semantics. Why bother the trouble to reach a performance that should be considerably inferior to someone of the same caliber who actually is skilled/talented with lightning spearmanship? Or he's actually talented but born with the idiosyncrasy of not being good at creating spears out of lightning, but having physical spears and imbuing them with lightning is a effective solution to that. Or he didn't spend much time training it and that's just a gimmick he can do when not fighting seriously. Or he has an arsenal of really good spears and he'll take advantage of that, it's been a long time since "normal" weapons (instead of oddities like things that fuse with or alter your body (EoB, transformation, Thryssas, etc)) played a role in Ranker fights. That might be the thing I'm most curious about rn

Last edited:

Jubei_Kibagami

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm very curious as to why he's fighting using simulated lightning spear technique. He not only doesn't seem to be using a more common, weaker and general lightning spear technique (if it was any special I imagine SIU would name it as he names attacks and abilities in this series), he's literally using a physical spear as medium, i.e. that's not a lightning spear, it's a spear imbued with lightning. If that counts as lightning spear technique is only a matter of semantics. Why bother the trouble to reach a performance that should be considerably inferior to someone of the same caliber who actually is skilled/talented with lightning spearmanship? Or he's actually talented but born with the idiosyncrasy of not being good at creating spears out of lightning, but having physical spears is a effective solution to that
So the question is then what is his REAL ability?

He's obviously putting on a show.

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
@hblock, @Shadowlord123: until further notice, Asensio is significantly stronger than Lightning Spear Bearer Lyborick (all out Lyborick can very well be a different case), but if you restrict Lyborick only to his lightning shinsu and his Spear Bearer abilities, he should fall well short of "Spear Master Asensio".
Too soon for me to say anything when Lyborick has yet to go all-out and Asensio still has no noteworthy feats that help scale him power-wise.

Anzere1stclass

Reaction score
Country
Mauritius
Technically there was a 3rd fang that was never removed from Papa!

Yama was naturally born with his! I understand simple math can be difficult for a few of yous!
Dude dude the 3rd fang is with yasratcha where the heck did your head stuck in

Cinera

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Imagine lyborick being betrayed like kallavan by the lpb army

His corps is full of lpb so they can make a coup d’état to kill him by the will of the fh
(Maybe lyborick is manipulated from the start)
This makes no sense.
  1. There's an alliance between the Khun Family and the Lo Po Bia Family
    • This alliance is consolidated by Lyborick leading the Lo Po Bia Army Corps.
    • There's also a promise binding both their Families.
  2. It's the Khuns that do the backstabbing, they don't get backstabbed by others.
    • Lyborick and/or Maschenny may backstab the Lo Po Bia, but it definitely wouldn't be the other way around.

(Maybe lyborick is manipulated from the start)
Then it would be the Khun Family that was manipulating him from the start. They could have always intended to dispose of him when they turned on the Lo Po Bia.

This idea of backstabbing by the Lo Po Bia just doesn't work at all considering how actively involved the Khun Family is in all this (and that they are the ones with a penchant for backstabbing).

Also, that the white 13 month that looks like a scepter could be Hon's 13 month. A scepter that manipulates souls.
Image please?

Why wouldn't Hon's 13 Month be the Red October (the sword that belongs to Arie Hagipherione Zahard)?

@Jubei_Kibagami: interesting for your theory, the Khun Family's real strength is not in their Spearmanship, but in their shinsu qualities. That's what Eduan said was exceptional about himself compared to his companions.

Theorist05

Reaction score
Country
Uganda
We're speculating based on White's siblings being lead to spell manipulations and the demon's influence by way of a bread-crumb trail from papa Hon.
Remember that demon approached hoaquin, i know that some people in the Arie family use spells but maybe that same demon approached other members of the Arie family and not just hoaquin.

Cinera

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Enne Zahard ???
Why would Enne Zahard have a grudge against the Lo Po Bia Family?

Could the voice be the Unidecember?
he might be getting another one of the 12 swords, seemingly one more potent and willingly cooperative, that could be the voice calling to him.
Why would a 13 Month Weapon have a grudge against the Lo Po Bia Family?

I do hope he will actually use White derived souls soon, ANNNDDDDD the Multiple souls still sitting around inside Bam, still waiting to be devoured by his "sun".
He devoured all those souls. They've been permanently absorbed. He'll never use "soul power" again.

Turtle hunter

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
The reality? I can't believe anything the Gudtang talks about when it comes to other people who aren't irregular. He is very arrogant and appears to have a very large inferiority complex, his history with Blossom says a lot about that. We'll probably have a plot of him saying he's not a prodigy like his friends and getting frustrated by it. And maybe that's why he hates V, who might not be as skilled as he is, Mae grew up to become Zahard's rival.
Yeah don't believe the guy who almost lived ten off thousand off years , observed irregular and is the second smartest character in TOG and if i remember is so smart that he found a way to go out , to the tower .

Maybe what you guy call arrogant is a extreme trust in his ability , based on the fact that he never saw a tower born non irregular even come to his level .

I mean you can look , at sport and you can see that people who surpass other in they domain has that sort of confidence and what you may call arrogance . Now imagine living that long , and no one even came to challenge you , you will really become arrogant .

I mean by thta logic , Hon has a inferiorité complex too and can't be trusted since he lost so many time to zahard .

A character being arrogant and you not liking them doesn't mean they are wrong . So far he is one of the most perceptive FH and been at the moment when it was needed .

For everyone who think Gustang is just a arrogant prick , you should re read what Urek said , he said all FH were like that and it is why he doesn't hang with them .

The same way most FH don't give a shit about they family , they barely interfer in it , and let it to they children .

So yeah , if you think Gustang is a prick , it is likely that you will think the same about all FH .

Urek being chill and hanging out with non irregular is cool and all , but he is the youngest slayers after Baam , his inexperience is also showed with hell joe and the red bari case , when Gustang knew something like that happenning was possible .

The thing is that when you are that strong , you end up revered by most people , you will see most off you friend die , those who didn't will either devellop jealousy or they will inferior .

It is understandable that they will get away from non irregular .

lianecel

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Funny how it's Baam the one who took action to defend his group from Yorari, whom I presume to be a High Ranker, rather than Aria who is herself a High Ranker. Baam finally getting respected for his power?

The ghost who wants revenge on LPB, I wonder if it's an amalgam of animals who were subjugated by LPB, that they resent him for taking their will & freedom.
Aria might be high ranker, but she is dorian frog level at best, there is huge gap between high ranker bro

I'm very curious as to why he's fighting using simulated lightning spear technique. He not only doesn't seem to be using a more common, weaker and general lightning spear technique (if it was any special I imagine SIU would name it as he names attacks and abilities in this series), he's literally using a physical spear as medium, i.e. that's not a lightning spear, it's a spear imbued with lightning. If that counts as lightning spear technique is only a matter of semantics. Why bother the trouble to reach a performance that should be considerably inferior to someone of the same caliber who actually is skilled/talented with lightning spearmanship? Or he's actually talented but born with the idiosyncrasy of not being good at creating spears out of lightning, but having physical spears and imbuing them with lightning is a effective solution to that. Or he didn't spend much time training it and that's just a gimmick he can do when not fighting seriously. Or he has an arsenal of really good spears and he'll take advantage of that, it's been a long time since "normal" weapons (instead of oddities like things that fuse with or alter your body (EoB, transformation, Thryssas, etc)) played a role in Ranker fights. That might be the thing I'm most curious about rn
I guess he will use po bidau technice more in the future, since his first name is po bidau

Senoirmeow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Chapter was good, happy to finally seen Lyborick actually fight. I have a feeling he has abilities from both the Khun family and Po bidau families.
And the thing Baam is looking for in my opinion could be 1 of 4 things;
1: Yama’s father
2: The final Fang
3: A new character trapped by the LPB family
4: A powerful Shinheuh

Reactions: PGT

sazon

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Asensio is not part of Maschenny's faction in the Khun Family (assuming that such a thing even exists).
But I never said that, I told he has his own faction. Maschenny is acting in his own interests or at best Eduan's interests, that's not to say the whole family agrees with her approaches.

The issue here is not the alliance but her plans, my point was, using Asensio who has enough power/influence to create her own faction and regulars who are always off the radar, would be best for her to act.

Yeah don't believe the guy who almost lived ten off thousand off years , observed irregular and is the second smartest character in TOG and if i remember is so smart that he found a way to go out , to the tower .
Zahard is an all-powerful king of the tower, but he has never been able to outdo a girl.

Gustang's qualities do not make it impossible for him to have traumas or complexes, because it is about his group, not about the others.

Cinera

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I have an explanation:
  • He doesn't have the "spear" shinsu shape and so he's simply unable to create Lightning Spears.
    • It's not that he chooses not to create Lightning Spears, it's that he just cannot do so.
    • He's only "imitating" the Lightning Spear technique.
  • He nonetheless prides himself as a member of the Khun Family and/or craves acceptance among the Khun Family, and so he tries to imitate the dominant fighting style of the warriors of the Family.
  • He seemed insulted by the implication that his ad hoc spear technique was inferior to the Lightning Spear technique, so I think it's something that he's sensitive and/or has complexes about.
    • It's probably the case that his "imitation" of the Lightning Spear technique is not as strong as actual elite Lightning Spear Bearers.
    • He may have been looked down or/belittled within the Khun Family because of this.
  • My conclusion is that his inability to manifest a proper/true Lightning Spear may be one source of his inferiority complex.
    • As a Direct Descendant of Eduan without the "spear" shinsoo shape, he may feel envious and resentful towards his more gifted and talented brothers and sisters.
    • This could naturally lead to feelings of inferiority.
    • So Lyborick would be the opposite of natural talent and someone who had to claw his way up to his position of strength through relentless training and dedication.

Of course, it could simply be that he's not a Direct Descendant of Eduan and so he only inherited the lightning attribute but not the spear. But being a DD with only an imitation of the "Lightning Spear" explains very well his inferiority complex.

So the question is then what is his REAL ability?

He's obviously putting on a show.
See above. I really don't think he's faking or staging this. My read is that his inability to form a proper Lightning Spear is the source of his inferiority.

Last edited:

PlotArmouredTitan

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Baam is the last person that needs an excuse to be unaffected by Traumerei's anima abilities.
Wow, you still trust SIU to not ditch well established systems for sake of plot? Baam with the sun and black hole powers struggling against White is a sight I can never get off my mind.

Anzere1stclass

Reaction score
Country
Mauritius
Remember that demon approached hoaquin, i know that some people in the Arie family use spells but maybe that same demon approached other members of the Arie family and not just hoaquin.
Well hoaquin stated that Vicente also have a connection with the ancient demon