Discussion Yamato’s Gender

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2010
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
6,476
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
1. You guys are lucky I'm not a mod here anymore, I would so ban so many transphobic asses here.
2. It's not relevant until Yamato (Oda) highlights it.
This is exactly why I'm but a lowly green :feelsbadman
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,542
Reaction score
11,285
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Yamato does not feel herself as a man, but she perceves herself as Oden, who was a man.

If Oden had been a tree, or a stone, she would have felt like a tree or a stone.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
I remember getting into an argument with an uncle from the Tennessee area, specifically around homosexuality (and just about anything LGBT really) being a promiscuous choice that people actively take. I flipped the argument on him that he's basically telling me that he's a sly coercion away from going crazy at the nearest bath-house. It's crazy the mental loops people jump through and how weird they sound. "I wouldn't ever be coerced because I love Jesus!"
So, according to your uncle, the only reason he's not having sex with other men it because of religion?

I got news for you.....
 

catagon87

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 10, 2014
Messages
3,514
Reaction score
6,055
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So, according to your uncle, the only reason he's not having sex with other men it because of religion?

I got news for you.....
The "it's a choice" argument gets fun when you point out that they're essentially admitting they are attracted to the same sex themselves but only their love for Jesus keeps them from acting on it.
 

Hannibal Psyche

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
8,159
Reaction score
9,224
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
So, according to your uncle, his religion what is preventing him from having sex with other men?

I got news for you.....
I used to be a full-fledged Christian, and part of Christianity is hostility towards homosexuality. At the time, at least the Christianity I practiced was very homophobic.
Interestingly enough, as I understood, things are only sin if god said it was and if not, then it; is okay.
Condemning people to hell... that's totally fine under the Christianity I practiced despite love being the number principle.

If god says it's xyz, then it; is xyz... if the bible says killing x-person is good, then it is good according to the Christianity I practiced and I think that is the rule that most Christians/bible believe in.
Christians generally believe it's bad because god said so, not because of any other reason.

Good people and Logical people can believe illogical things and do bad things simply on the basis of a deity saying this is the way. Scary, but this is why I eventually stopped being a Christian, but each to their own. I stick to the Principle treat others as you want to be treated, and that generally suffices for the vast majority of "sane" humans, lol.

In essence, to Christians, the reason they don't commit murder or promote sex outside of wedlock and everything sinful is for no other reason other than god said so.
Just my own personal experience, other Christians might have a different experience and belief.
 

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2010
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
6,476
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
Everyone and their great uncle has an opinion about this particular topic
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
So, according to your uncle, the only reason he's not having sex with other men it because of religion?

I got news for you.....
When I tell you I read that and GASPED LOUDLY 😂🤣😂🤣
 

meeedoooz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
624
Reaction score
310
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Egypt
I
1. You guys are lucky I'm not a mod here anymore, I would so ban so many transphobic asses here.
2. It's not relevant until Yamato (Oda) highlights it.
I just have one question; Is this forum neutral on this or a Woke forum?

Are we allowed to hate this Yamato development or is it against the rules?
 

Zmsp

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
1,272
Reaction score
1,354
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I hate the gender dysphoria route that Oda went with, mostly because it seals the deal on that character.
It'll always be about that, because it's a polarising topic, and it elicits the type of arguments that, in my understanding, don't belong in a manga with this demographic. Imagine stuff like this being debated at Worstgen, lol.

With that being said, it kinda makes me admire Oda. He has to know that stuff like this is going to cause a shitstorm, and he just rolls with it.

I just have one question; Is this forum neutral on this or a Woke forum?
Is there such a thing as a Woke forum?
 

meeedoooz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
624
Reaction score
310
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Egypt
I hate the gender dysphoria route that Oda went with, mostly because it seals the deal on that character.
It'll always be about that, because it's a polarising topic, and it elicits the type of arguments that, in my understanding, don't belong in a manga with this demographic.

With that being said, it kinda makes me admire Oda. He has to know that stuff like this is going to cause a shitstorm, and he just rolls with it. He just writes a graphic.



Is there such a thing as a Woke forum?
Sure there is. One where religious & Conservatives are called parasites and stupid and a whole lot of other insults and it's against the rules to hate the inclusion of Woke culture as a crew member in one piece.

Above all I hate breaking rules I agree upon, So I need to know where I stand, If I can't say I hate this development without being called names then I take my leave peacefully.
 

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2010
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
6,476
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
Above all I hate breaking rules I agree upon, So I need to know where I stand, If I can't say I hate this development without being called names then I take my leave peacefully.
You can dislike the development, but the line is drawn when people are being straight up transphobic, if you don't like something, say "I don't like it" and go about your way.
 

meeedoooz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
624
Reaction score
310
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Egypt
You can dislike the development, but the line is drawn when people are being straight up transphobic, if you don't like something, say "I don't like it" and go about your way.
Fair enough.
 

Zmsp

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
1,272
Reaction score
1,354
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Sure there is. One where religious & Conservatives are called parasites and stupid and a whole lot of other insults and it's against the rules to hate the inclusion of Woke culture as a crew member in one piece.

Above all I hate breaking rules I agree upon, So I need to know where I stand, If I can't say I hate this development without being called names then I take my leave peacefully.
I'm sorry, I worded it wrong.
I meant: is there such a thing as a One Piece forum under that sort of nomenclature?

You can dislike the development, but the line is drawn when people are being straight up transphobic, if you don't like something, say "I don't like it" and go about your way.
You'll hear no arguments from me, but I do have to ask: how is that line drawn?

I saw a comment calling some of the users in this thread transphobic, and glanced over a few pages to see if anything caught my eye. I'll admit I didn't look deep into it, but I saw nothing that I consider worthy of such a term. Have those comments been deleted already?
 

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2010
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
6,476
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
I'm sorry, I worded it wrong.
I meant: is there such a thing as a One Piece forum under that sort of nomenclature?



You'll hear no arguments from me, but I do have to ask: how is that line drawn?

I saw a comment calling some of the users in this thread transphobic, and glanced over a few pages to see if anything caught my eye. I'll admit I didn't look deep into it, but I saw nothing that I consider worthy of such a term. Have those comments been deleted already?
Yeah the comments were deleted.
Tbh I'd say people are more bigoted more than anything when it comes to topics like this.

I am not a member of the lgbtqia2s+ community but I supportive and respective of the people within that community.

Ultimately I feel that we hate on things that really do not affect us in any kind of way, Yamato being male or female won't lose me any sleep, so why fret? If Oda wants to address the Oden thing he will, if not then we'll just learn to live with it.
 
Last edited:

Zmsp

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
1,272
Reaction score
1,354
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
It's actually a pretty interesting thread.

The development itself is pretty secondary here, but I enjoyed reading about some of the views and personal experiences from some of the members in this forum that I've spent a considerable amount of hours arguing about One Piece. It's a lot more philosophical than one would expect, considering it was brought by a shonen manga, but it's actually enjoyable to get to know a little bit of the personal side of some members, even if I don't agree with one or two views. I guess it really does come down to personal circumstances,
 

meeedoooz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2009
Messages
624
Reaction score
310
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Egypt
Yeah the comments were deleted.
Tbh I'd say people are more bigoted more than anything when it comes to topics like this.

I am not a member of the lgbtqia2s+ community but I supportive and respective of the people within that community.

Ultimately I feel that we hate on things that really do not affect us in any kind of way, Yamato being male or female won't lose me any sleep, so why fret? If Oda wants to address the Oden thing he will, if not then we'll just learn to live with it.
Since you embrace the culture of course it will not lose you any sleep. But as @Zmsp Mentioned this is a polarising topic. Same as religion, these are fundamental beliefs for many. It would be better to stay away from such topics in a shonen manga with world wide fans.

You can't write a story about uniting people then go against that by choosing a polarising topic to be an ongoing element till the end of the series.

From a business stand point and entertainment stand point why polarise fans?

But then again maybe Oda only cares about the libral western fans outside Japan, thinking they are the only audience for his work, which is false. And maybe he wishes to push certain messages and agenda which he is free to do.
 
Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I


I just have one question; Is this forum neutral on this or a Woke forum?

Are we allowed to hate this Yamato development or is it against the rules?
Pretty sure you have no idea what "woke" means, because you're already using it incorrectly. Not being bigoted doesn't make one woke, contrary to what the right thinks.



In any case, topics like this can be concerning because if people are bitching about inclusivity or having to be inclusive, then that says a lot about them. There's literally nothing wrong with referring to Yamato as a he or they even if it's because they identify as Oden and aren't really transgender. It's actually embarrassing to see the anger over the concept of calling a woman "he" when they identify as a man.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I just have one question; Is this forum neutral on this or a Woke forum?

Are we allowed to hate this Yamato development or is it against the rules?
This forum is actually SuperHyperOmega-Woke. We'll be instituting a new Woke-test in the coming weeks to ensure only the Wokest individuals can join and participate in discussion.

So please get your anti-Woke takes in now.
 
Top