- Joined
- Feb 4, 2024
- Messages
- 1,470
- Reaction score
- 3,849
- Age
- 21
- Country
-
IT'S BEEN TOO LONG
Yura backstory tease... so he was either a victim of war, which I guess a lot of people already assumed, or a Japanese soldier who saw Soga in action and decided "yup, this is the way." I really like how he rationalizes it as essentially the indomitable will of a nation made manifest. Something that legitimately cannot be challenged, hence why he ultimately approves of the malediction and sees it as the only way forward. It makes his surprise at Chihiro being able to challenge that unchallengeable force all the more sweet. I still wonder what Yura intended when he left Chihiro alive. Even if he's a child of war, I don't think it'd be pity.
Jesus. I think the stuff he says about having to kill Hakuri for possessing the same sorcery as the Sazanami clan head is telling of his beliefs as a whole, but it's not even exterminating evil it's exterminating anything that remotely resembles it. Samura definitely isn't making it out of this alive. I'm just curious where we go from here. Maybe a training arc with Shirakai? He keeps being brought up now."The children of that small country had the same blood as the invaders, and underwent the same education as them. All I did was kill all of the enemy."
But we already knew that, right?>Chihiro: ....?
>Akemura: I'm your uncle.
>Akemura: I'm your mother's younger brother.
Confirmed
I think what's most impressive is that none of them died. I had a pet theory for a while that Akemura might have turned himself in or let himself be beat after culling the island population, seeing as his mission was complete and that he clearly comprehended his own beliefs were incompatible with modern society, hence why he only begun to properly act when Yura convinced him the world was still a shit hole, but unless the panels of the sword bearers facing off against him during the war were in the midst of the malediction that seems less and less likely now.Also i hope at some point there will be a flashback to the fight against the sword Saint because he's way to op have been beaten in a "fair" way.