Shounen Kagurabachi by Takeru Hokazono

KrenKren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2024
Messages
1,470
Reaction score
3,849
Age
21
Country
United Kingdom
Yura backstory tease... so he was either a victim of war, which I guess a lot of people already assumed, or a Japanese soldier who saw Soga in action and decided "yup, this is the way." I really like how he rationalizes it as essentially the indomitable will of a nation made manifest. Something that legitimately cannot be challenged, hence why he ultimately approves of the malediction and sees it as the only way forward. It makes his surprise at Chihiro being able to challenge that unchallengeable force all the more sweet. I still wonder what Yura intended when he left Chihiro alive. Even if he's a child of war, I don't think it'd be pity.

Also, shared cover with Ichi next week is interesting. They're really doing everything they can to get Kagurabachi on the cover despite what happened last time, lmao. I hope Hokazono can handle it.
 

KrenKren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2024
Messages
1,470
Reaction score
3,849
Age
21
Country
United Kingdom
Sick chapter. Teleporting the train into the sky and using Suzaku to excise the Magatsumi's power from Yura is insane. Although, I'm still not sure I get the difference between centipede and dragonfly. Is it ranged versus concentrated close range?

Also unless I'm reading a bad TL the Magatsumi apparently has the ability to steal life from others, which doesn't exactly surprise me, but how the fuck must Soga have been moving after killing a whole 200,000 people? I'm guessing that's how he's managed to keep his energy after all these years.
 

KrenKren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2024
Messages
1,470
Reaction score
3,849
Age
21
Country
United Kingdom
Mindblowing leaks this week. Definetly going to amplify the amount of people who think we're already nearly done, lol.
 

Gaku

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2018
Messages
200
Reaction score
174
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Damm i was getting bored of these last chapters but this one pull me back, the art is amazing.

That page of Yura screaming is:

 

ShadowHeart

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2010
Messages
6,218
Reaction score
3,041
Age
34
Country
England
The criminals of Kagurabachi are fucked
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,563
Reaction score
11,298
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy

KrenKren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2024
Messages
1,470
Reaction score
3,849
Age
21
Country
United Kingdom

The moral of Kagurabachi is to never marry, lol.
 

ShadowHeart

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2010
Messages
6,218
Reaction score
3,041
Age
34
Country
England
Soga so cool wonder if he'll help the Hishaku kill the other sword users
 
Last edited:

KrenKren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2024
Messages
1,470
Reaction score
3,849
Age
21
Country
United Kingdom
"The children of that small country had the same blood as the invaders, and underwent the same education as them. All I did was kill all of the enemy."
Jesus. I think the stuff he says about having to kill Hakuri for possessing the same sorcery as the Sazanami clan head is telling of his beliefs as a whole, but it's not even exterminating evil it's exterminating anything that remotely resembles it. Samura definitely isn't making it out of this alive. I'm just curious where we go from here. Maybe a training arc with Shirakai? He keeps being brought up now.
 

Franz

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
12,563
Reaction score
11,298
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
>Chihiro: ....?
>Akemura: I'm your uncle.
>Akemura: I'm your mother's younger brother.

Confirmed
 

Gaku

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2018
Messages
200
Reaction score
174
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
>Chihiro: ....?
>Akemura: I'm your uncle.
>Akemura: I'm your mother's younger brother.

Confirmed
But we already knew that, right?

Also i hope at some point there will be a flashback to the fight against the sword Saint because he's way to op have been beaten in a "fair" way.
 

KrenKren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2024
Messages
1,470
Reaction score
3,849
Age
21
Country
United Kingdom
Also i hope at some point there will be a flashback to the fight against the sword Saint because he's way to op have been beaten in a "fair" way.
I think what's most impressive is that none of them died. I had a pet theory for a while that Akemura might have turned himself in or let himself be beat after culling the island population, seeing as his mission was complete and that he clearly comprehended his own beliefs were incompatible with modern society, hence why he only begun to properly act when Yura convinced him the world was still a shit hole, but unless the panels of the sword bearers facing off against him during the war were in the midst of the malediction that seems less and less likely now.

I'm really excited to see more of the blades used in their prime. Tobimune is support. Kumeyuri is debuffs. Kuregumo we've only seen used by someone with a few weeks training. Meanwhile Akemura with one little butterfly brought down an entire skyscraper. I think if the bearers really did beat him fair and square that the next two are gonna be the heaviest hitters of the originals.
 
Last edited:
Top