Discussion - 13 Month Series Discussion | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, in context the black march is not something yuri can just give away. Earlier she gave it to bam but it was more of a loan than anything. If she hadn't recovered it then she would likely already be dead. Yuri should have other weapons she could potentially lend to bam without putting herself at risk anyways. Odds are that the next time we see the black march will be when we finally know what their purpose is.

Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Well, in context the black march is not something yuri can just give away. Earlier she gave it to bam but it was more of a loan than anything. If she hadn't recovered it then she would likely already be dead. Yuri should have other weapons she could potentially lend to bam without putting herself at risk anyways. Odds are that the next time we see the black march will be when we finally know what their purpose is.
Totally agree with you here. I honestly don't understand why so many people wish for this. It holds so many plotholes if Yuri would just hand over the Black March to Baam or Androssi, it's not even funny. As long as SIU doesn't provide us with new information, I will still continue to refer to what he once stated. Which is that only a chosen Princess can receive a 13 Month Series and giving a 13 Month Series to any other person can result in a death penalty. Moreover, and this is just my personal preference, Baam shouldn't receive any more power ups on a silver platter. Not to mention that he has the most broken weapon after all. Besides, the 13 Month Series are not the strongest weapons in the Tower. SIU even stated that Yuri herself has more powerful weapons in her arsenal than the Black March.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Totally agree with you here. I honestly don't understand why so many people wish for this. It holds so many plotholes if Yuri would just hand over the Black March to Baam or Androssi, it's not even funny. As long as SIU doesn't provide us with new information, I will still continue to refer to what he once stated. Which is that only a chosen Princess can receive a 13 Month Series and giving a 13 Month Series to any other person can result in a death penalty. Moreover, and this is just my personal preference, Baam shouldn't receive any more power ups on a silver platter. Not to mention that he has the most broken weapon after all. Besides, the 13 Month Series are not the strongest weapons in the Tower. SIU even stated that Yuri herself has more powerful weapons in her arsenal than the Black March.
Well, don't get me wrong, I would love for bam to get the black march back. When I first read the story I thought it'd be something like his zangetsu, his signature weapon.... But the actual context of the story would make bam getting this weapon completely weird. The weapon has some other purposes when it comes to the princesses and there is the whole death penalty thing. I would very much prefer bam to have a combustion weapon alongside his talent than souls and the thorn. It's a shame bam does not even know how to use a weapon.

Last edited by a moderator:

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hardcore Androssi fans you guys lol, Black march for her is an idea out of thin air i d say. Black march is great in where it is at the moment and Yuri is an awesome choice for the weapon. Though she doesnt get to ignite it (may be because of her impuslive mentality Black march teases her) i dont see nor want Androssi to be near it.
It is already in a much better hand.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I mean yuri literally can't give up the black march. The only way for androsi to get it would be that it is taken from yuri and given to androsi. That would be an even more incredible scenario than yuri arbitrarily given the needle to bam at her own expense.

Davy Clyde

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hardcore Androssi fans you guys lol, Black march for her is an idea out of thin air i d say. Black march is great in where it is at the moment and Yuri is an awesome choice for the weapon. Though she doesnt get to ignite it (may be because of her impuslive mentality Black march teases her) i dont see nor want Androssi to be near it.
It is already in a much better hand.
You're biased against Androssi, I see.

The idea of giving Black March to Androssi has been long thought of before. Yuri never uses Black March, and Black March won't ignite for her. SIU has said that the 13-month series are more like ceremonial gifts and not really, items of power. Princesses who get these weapons don't personally use it because they usually have stronger weapons according to SIU's blog post. Yuri giving her Black March to Androssi isn't a far-fetched idea. Androssi needs it more than Yuri because she is fighting enemies that are starting to get tougher for her to handle. (i.e. Bia Princess, Kaiser) Yuri doesn't want to be more connected with Zahard's regime anyhow.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
You're biased against Androssi, I see.

The idea of giving Black March to Androssi has been long thought of before. Yuri never uses Black March, and Black March won't ignite for her. SIU has said that the 13-month series are more like ceremonial gifts and not really, items of power. Princesses who get these weapons don't personally use it because they usually have stronger weapons according to SIU's blog post. Yuri giving her Black March to Androssi isn't a far-fetched idea. Androssi needs it more than Yuri because she is fighting enemies that are starting to get tougher for her to handle. (i.e. Bia Princess, Kaiser) Yuri doesn't want to be more connected with Zahard's regime anyhow.
The problem here is that yuri does not have the authority to give up the black march as far as we know. It was given to her and it is her responsibility to keep it. I doubt we have any reason to think giving the black march to bam is any different from giving it to androsi. Also, what is up with your letter size? It's kinda annoying.

Davy Clyde

Reaction score
Country
United States
The problem here is that yuri does not have the authority to give up the black march as far as we know. It was given to her and it is her responsibility to keep it. I doubt we have any reason to think giving the black march to bam is any different from giving it to androsi. Also, what is up with your letter size? It's kinda annoying.
She gave the Black March to Baam in S1 and she has broken the rule of helping an Enemy of the Empire. Who's going to notice that Yuri doesn't have one of her 13-month series weapons? I forgot that giving away those special weapons would get her in deep trouble.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
She gave the Black March to Baam in S1 and she has broken the rule of helping an Enemy of the Empire. Who's going to notice that Yuri doesn't have one of her 13-month series weapons? I forgot that giving away those special weapons would get her in deep trouble.
Well, yeah but that doesn't mean she is going to keep pushing her luck. What reason does she have for that? It's not like she intended for bam to keep the black march originally, she lent it to him so that he would at least have a chance of completing his test. Giving bam such a weapon now would not really serve such a purpose. Or any other for that matter.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
She lent the Black March to Baam in the 1st Floor, which is kinda completely isolated from the other floors, since Regulars start to climb the Tower from the second floor. And the more you climb the Tower the more eyes you will have on you. Especially, when you climb the Tower with a member of the 10 Great Families or a Zahard Princess. Additionally, it doesn't look like it's easy to keep a 13 Month Series a secret from others, especially when you start using its ignited form in "public". The 13 Month Series resonate when in close proximity. Rak could even feel that the Black March was special without even witnessing its ignited form. I expect every formal Princess to recognize a 13 Month Series upon seeing them. The problem is not for Yuri to hide the fact that she gave away her 13 Month Series. The biggest issue here is for Baam/Androssi to use a 13 Month Series without others recognizing it as such.

I personally liked the interaction between Baam and the Black March a lot. But SIU basically made it impossible for him to possess it in the long run.

Davy Clyde

Reaction score
Country
United States
She lent the Black March to Baam in the 1st Floor, which is kinda completely isolated from the other floors, since Regulars start to climb the Tower from the second floor. And the more you climb the Tower the more eyes you will have on you. Especially, when you climb the Tower with a member of the 10 Great Families or a Zahard Princess. Additionally, it doesn't look like it's easy to keep a 13 Month Series a secret from others, especially when you start using its ignited form in "public". The 13 Month Series resonate when in close proximity. Rak could even feel that the Black March was special without even witnessing its ignited form. I expect every formal Princess to recognize a 13 Month Series upon seeing them. The problem is not for Yuri to hide the fact that she gave away her 13 Month Series. The biggest issue here is for Baam/Androssi to use a 13 Month Series without others recognizing it as such.

I personally liked the interaction between Baam and the Black March a lot. But SIU basically made it impossible for him to possess it in the long run.
Then what's going to happen with these 13-month Weapons when Yuri or other Princess characters have supposedly stronger weapons according to SIU? Are they just an indicator of fame? Feels like they don't have much usage other than being a collection item. I didn't remember Rak feeling the uniqueness of Black March... Now that certainly adds a problem to disguising any of those types of weapons. I guess they are just gifts of credibility.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Aren't weapons from the 13 Month series ignition ones?

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Then what's going to happen with these 13-month Weapons when Yuri or other Princess characters have supposedly stronger weapons according to SIU? Are they just an indicator of fame? Feels like they don't have much usage other than being a collection item. I didn't remember Rak feeling the uniqueness of Black March... Now that certainly adds a problem to disguising any of those types of weapons. I guess they are just gifts of credibility.
SIU only stated that Yuri has better weapons than her 13 Month Series. Whether other Princesses have better weapons or not is unkown at the moment. Besides, even if you have better weapons than a 13 Month Series, it doesn't mean the 13 Month Series is useless. The Black March is a needle, while the Green April is a hook and the Red October as well as the Luminous June are swords. I would say that it's highly likely that one of the 13 Month Series is also a spear. What I'm trying to say is that you can have a S-Rank spear (which is not a 13 Month Series) and a B-Rank sword (which is a 13 Month Series). The spear clearly outclasses the sword of the 13 Month Series, thus making the spear overall better than the sword. But you may not possess a better sword than your B-Rank 13 Month Series, which means the B-Rank sword may not be your best weapon in your arsenal, but it is the best sword in your arsenal. And different kind of battles call for different type of weapons. An overall less powerful weapon is by no means useless, otherwise everyone in the Tower would only walk around with just one weapon...

And yes, the 13 Month Series - while not being the strongest weapons in the Tower - have an important meaning/status within the Tower.

Blog Post S1 Chapter 18:
And the 13 Month Series are good, but they are not the best.
Yuri herself uses better weapons than Black March.
But the Series do have important meaning to them.
ToG Wiki: 13 Month Series:
In fact, the symbolic significance of the 13 Month Series is greater than any other weapon in the Tower.

Aren't weapons from the 13 Month series ignition ones?
Yes, every single one except for the Rainbow Undecimber which is an Arms Inventory.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Can someone remind me why is Androssi hiding her name? She is only called Androssi Zahard unlike some other princesses so it means she is not from the Ten Families, right?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
IIRC androsi's situation is that a branch from an important family (not sure if it was one of the 10 families though) wanted to regain fame or position and thus started to look for people worthy of the position. Some child brutality later and they selected androsi for the position. With that in mind the most likely scenario is that androsi is not from a prestigious family. I am not sure she is hiding her name. She might be but it could easily be that she discarded it or never had one.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Fun thought about the 13 month series:

We have seen a few of them so far. Black march and green april. As far as we know the weapons hold incredible symbolic importance in the tower however their actual power does not seem to be all that remarkable. SIU has made the point that only one of the 13 months series is S ranked and yuri has weapons stronger than the black march. One of the blog posts or information released by SIU also made the point that people thought yuri would be able to gather the all the 13 month series. In which case the big question is why? The weapons aren't particularly powerful anyways. And then it got me thinking about rainbow undecember. It's not a weapon, it's an arms inventory and it has never been given to a princess. So perhaps the point here is that when you gather the weapons you are supposed to place them in the arms inventory. And then something, presumably incredibly significant, happens. No clue as to what it could be though.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
SIU said is not planning to reveal Androssi's name soon in his blog post...

The weapons are powerful, not necessarily the best but still very powerful. Green April is B rank but becomes A rank when ignited, and we don't know about the others. Other than their symbolic values, maybe they are more compatible with the Zahards. Or they can be combined or something.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
SIU said is not planning to reveal Androssi's name soon in his blog post...

The weapons are powerful, not necessarily the best but still very powerful. Green April is B rank but becomes A rank when ignited, and we don't know about the others. Other than their symbolic values, maybe they are more compatible with the Zahards. Or they can be combined or something.
Yep, my idea that she didn't have one did not last at all. To me it would still seem weird that she would belong to one of the 10 families though. Maybe a special family then?

Well, the idea of black march being compatible with zahards is weird considering it won't ignite for 99% of them. I mean, most of them are female safe for the emperor himself. If anything the black march would appear to be incompatible specifically with the zahards (except one). Which is why I think there is a chance that the whole point here is gathering them together for some reason.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
But that incompatibility with Black March is due to her own personality. Black March could be more powerful in the hands of a Zahard but since she doesn't like women she won't accept to ignite.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
But that incompatibility with Black March is due to her own personality. Black March could be more powerful in the hands of a Zahard but since she doesn't like women she won't accept to ignite.
The incompatibility, IIRC, is because black march likes cutes boys (like bam). Zahard could conceivably use the black march if he is her type. Or he plays by other rules.

jjrock01

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
When I said I wanted baam to get the black march back, I didnt mean so he could keep it. I was thinking he might borrow it again for a test. I just want to know how powerful it is in baams hands now that he gotten stronger.