A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work


  • Total voters
    20

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
That's a brilliant set you have there. :)
I'm curious which epic, awesome, astonishing, majestic, magnificent, spectacular and extraordinary person triggered the chain of events which made you change your set to the current one?

Praising yourself just bc you asked me if I read the series? That was even less than a recommendation, just a reminder of me wanting to read it. Come back once you're actually recommending something at least :)
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Praising yourself just bc you asked me if I read the series? That was even less than a recommendation, just a reminder of me wanting to read it. Come back once you're actually recommending something at least :)
What an odd title. What are these "Administrators"? :confused
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
No need to quote me, I will respond to almost everything in my thread if a response is needed :p

It's just what gets used if you choose no custom title, so it doesn't have a relation to anything but Mangahelpers xD
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Sorry. Quoting people seems to be a habit of mine. And I was trying to be funny but yeah :sweat
Maybe it was the choice of emoji :nrr
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,959
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Is this official?
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,959
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Yeah it is. I think it's from Type Moon Ace Volume 11, but I would need to check my copy. Just a special picture drawn by Takeuchi though, no bigger story behind it I believe.
You even know the volume number?! :XD It looks like made by ufotable. Damn Takeuchi, it's so siggy material. I think I will use it as my siggy next time.
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Praising yourself just bc you asked me if I read the series? That was even less than a recommendation, just a reminder of me wanting to read it. Come back once you're actually recommending something at least :)
Which part of my post made you think that I recommended Koe no Katachi to you? :/
Everyone so serious lately...

 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
You even know the volume number?! :XD It looks like made by ufotable. Damn Takeuchi, it's so siggy material. I think I will use it as my siggy next time.
Well it's the most recent one, so it's easy to recall xD Not like I've read all, though I guess by now I saw almost all the important scans. I've recently read the second Fate material that was just released in english, it was amazing. A high amount of information about all the important and not so important characters, weapons and CGs. Maybe I should scan the page about Cu Culainn for you :p
Yes, it's a great page :nod

Which part of my post made you think that I recommended Koe no Katachi to you? :/
Everyone so serious lately...

Gee you love to bait and troll, but your own detector is so bad :)
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,959
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Well it's the most recent one, so it's easy to recall xD Not like I've read all, though I guess by now I saw almost all the important scans. I've recently read the second Fate material that was just released in english, it was amazing. A high amount of information about all the important and not so important characters, weapons and CGs. Maybe I should scan the page about Cu Culainn for you :p
Yes, it's a great page :nod
Ah..so that's why haha. Sounds fun... and yes, I'd love to peek a bit :hurr

Is this spin-off? I think Henry is growing on me :)
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
So, tell me:
  • did you finish Koe no Katachi in one-go, more or less?
  • how would you rate it?
  • were there instances you didn't like?
  • how does Shouko fare against yor favorite female characters?
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Ah..so that's why haha. Sounds fun... and yes, I'd love to peek a bit :hurr

Is this spin-off? I think Henry is growing on me :)
Well once I have some free time, if I'm lazy I will just make a photo I guess :p

hmm couldn't tell you for sure, but it looks like it's most likely from Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Blue and Silver, so that's a spin-off based on the ideas of the original Fate Nasu wrote.


So, tell me:
  • did you finish Koe no Katachi in one-go, more or less?
  • how would you rate it?
  • were there instances you didn't like?
  • how does Shouko fare against yor favorite female characters?
1. No, two sitting. 30 chapters on the evening until it got pretty late, rest on the morning after.

2. I gave it a 9/10.

3. Hmm there were people saying it dragged at some points, but personally I didn't feel like that at all. There is more or less one aspect of the story I didn't really like, related to one character. I think that didn't get enough attention/wasn't handled as well as everything else. Besides that there are maybe one or two things I would have prefered to see fleshed out a bit more, but that's not really a big complaint. Just overall a few minor points which didn't make it a 10/10.

4. lol that's a difficult question. I would say not exceptionally well but not bad either. Definitely an interesting and likeable character, but there's not much that makes her truly stand out to me. I guess that might be related to one of my minor complaints, namely that we didn't get a lot of material regarding her inner workings (though there is some). Probably would rate her character 7.5/10, so basically good but not good enough to be among my favourite female characters. Shoya and Shouko shine most when they're together.
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Thank you very much for your thoughts. I will probably start to read KnK next week. :3

I watched the first episode of the shows you recommended:

Sakurada Reset:

I dropped it, honestly. The characters failed to catch my attention. They showed little to no emotion whatsoever. The whole episode was boring, there was no "motion", no "life" in this episode. If you compare this episode with the first minutes of Tsuki ga Kirei, SukaSuka or Re:Creators, you get what I mean. The characters seemed to have a stick up their asses, a bad job from the animators team.

Tsuki ga Kirei:
The first episode wasn't exceptional, but it did good at what it did. I had a smile on my face throughout the episode. The art may be strange, but the animation is more than okay, very lively show. The voice actress of Akane is adorable! I don't expect anything great from this series, but it's definitely a good chill-show.

SukaSuka:
It was plain...awesome! The show had me right from the start with that amazing intro. The world setting is interesting and the choice of music on spot. Willem is a cool and funny protagonist with a lot of potential it seems. Heck the whole cast seems to be great at this point. Chtholly is gorgeous, the kids are pure win and Nygglatho made every scene a gem. And that flashback 500 years ago o.o... So much to come, looking forward to it.

















gomenasai, gomenasai, gomenasai, gomenasai xD


:wtf

Re: Creators:
Another promising series! Nice animation and great character designs, especially that spear bearer villain looks awesome and has a great voice. The tracks are awesome and the sound effects are incredible! I don't know what the hell is happening, but so far like the fights and how Celestial acts as a character. I feared she would act like a bitch the whole episode, but that was happily not the case. This one will surely deliver!


:lmao

:zomg



:x3






 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Yes thanks for the suggestion nii :pleased

Re:Creators sort of has a Fate feel to it in my eyes. The points syx mentioned, and the fact that it has good jiggle physics makes it an instant hit with me.
I have yet to read or watch more than some of Fate since my literature and media plate is so full at the moment :(

Noblesse (Nearly caught up)
Vinland Saga (Loving this a lot so far)
Vagabond
A whole bunch of Manhwa and Manga Jammin suggested for me

I'm also interested to know if anyone here is a fan of Code Geass? What do you think of R3 releaseing this year?
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Tsuki ga Kirei:
The first episode wasn't exceptional, but it did good at what it did. I had a smile on my face throughout the episode. The art may be strange, but the animation is more than okay, very lively show. The voice actress of Akane is adorable! I don't expect anything great from this series, but it's definitely a good chill-show.

SukaSuka:
It was plain...awesome! The show had me right from the start with that amazing intro. The world setting is interesting and the choice of music on spot. Willem is a cool and funny protagonist with a lot of potential it seems. Heck the whole cast seems to be great at this point. Chtholly is gorgeous, the kids are pure win and Nygglatho made every scene a gem. And that flashback 500 years ago o.o... So much to come, looking forward to it.
Not to butt in :heh I felt the same about those 2 (the only 2 I've seen so far). I had a lot of fun with SukaSuka. Nygglatho is certainly a scene stealer :) Tsuki ga Rikei should be quite enjoyable given it's simplicity.
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yeah AmaLee is great, no surprise that she's that popular. I like almost all of her covers too, at least from the songs I know. Probably should go through some of her older songs, I've not checked all of them yet.

Not sure if you will like this, but it's still among my favourite covers.


Apparently her most popular cover right after Guren no Yumiya, that's somewhat surprising xD


Love this one too, awesome combo with NateWantsToBattle (he has some good covers too). And I know you love "My Dearest", did you listen to her cover?


Though in this case the original is far superior I feel, simply bc supercell's performance in the original song was amazing.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
ah ofc I was wrong, the most popular song had to be SAO after all :amuse


Certainly not bad though.
She has tons of talent and loves her fans. Good enough. :D
Yeah I love My Dearest and also Supercell / Egoist. The best thing GC created... OST:
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Thank you very much for your thoughts. I will probably start to read KnK next week. :3

I watched the first episode of the shows you recommended:

Sakurada Reset:

I dropped it, honestly. The characters failed to catch my attention. They showed little to no emotion whatsoever. The whole episode was boring, there was no "motion", no "life" in this episode. If you compare this episode with the first minutes of Tsuki ga Kirei, SukaSuka or Re:Creators, you get what I mean. The characters seemed to have a stick up their asses, a bad job from the animators team.

Tsuki ga Kirei:
The first episode wasn't exceptional, but it did good at what it did. I had a smile on my face throughout the episode. The art may be strange, but the animation is more than okay, very lively show. The voice actress of Akane is adorable! I don't expect anything great from this series, but it's definitely a good chill-show.

SukaSuka:
It was plain...awesome! The show had me right from the start with that amazing intro. The world setting is interesting and the choice of music on spot. Willem is a cool and funny protagonist with a lot of potential it seems. Heck the whole cast seems to be great at this point. Chtholly is gorgeous, the kids are pure win and Nygglatho made every scene a gem. And that flashback 500 years ago o.o... So much to come, looking forward to it.

gomenasai, gomenasai, gomenasai, gomenasai xD


:wtf


Re: Creators:
Another promising series! Nice animation and great character designs, especially that spear bearer villain looks awesome and has a great voice. The tracks are awesome and the sound effects are incredible! I don't know what the hell is happening, but so far like the fights and how Celestial acts as a character. I feared she would act like a bitch the whole episode, but that was happily not the case. This one will surely deliver!
Looking forward to that :3

Yeah Sakurada Reset was really bad. I think the premise actually had quite a bit of promise, but both the animation and script were awful in my eyes. You can't possibly do it much worse than that... I actually wanted to give this a chance to see if things improve, and things do improve in episode 2, but far from enough. It didn't get to me at all, so I dropped it as well.

Looks like Tsuki ga Kirei will be a nice show to relax indeed, with a smile on your face :D It's a down-to-earth romance, so while that does not get your blood pumping or anything I think it does a good job to realistically portray teens falling in love/getting together. I was somewhat reminded of my school days at some parts xD Episode 2 pretty much continues in that way :3

My thoughts are more or less similar to yours regarding SukaSuka, not much actually happened but it did a good job with introducing the characters and the various hints at what's to come. Helps that none of the characters are annoying and that Willem seems like a really fun guy in his own way. He has great chemistry with that troll :lmao Also the kids are goddamn adorable, that's at least Chise level of cuteness :XD Really looking forward to were this is going, I think we will get a cool mix of slice of life and (potentially heartbreaking) drama with some action.

About Re:Creators, it seems fairly obvious that this is anime/manga characters (not sure if only girls xD) brought to life by someone, who apparently have to battle against each other in some way. Not sure if the story will be anything to write home about, but the directing and animation was handled really well so far, music too obviously.

Also I have one last rec for you. It's the last one, just forgot to mention it last time: Seikaisuru Kado. It has three episodes so far (00,01,02).

Yes thanks for the suggestion nii :pleased

Re:Creators sort of has a Fate feel to it in my eyes. The points syx mentioned, and the fact that it has good jiggle physics makes it an instant hit with me.
I have yet to read or watch more than some of Fate since my literature and media plate is so full at the moment :(

Noblesse (Nearly caught up)
Vinland Saga (Loving this a lot so far)
Vagabond
A whole bunch of Manhwa and Manga Jammin suggested for me

I'm also interested to know if anyone here is a fan of Code Geass? What do you think of R3 releaseing this year?
Ah I dunno, might be a bit too early to tell. The first episode certainly was quite fun though. You're welcome, and no worries, take your time. There's too much good otaku stuff out there :3

Sounds like a good list, though I got bored with Noblesse long ago, haven't read it for years now.

We already talked about CG R3 two times I believe, so I have nothing to add :XD

Not to butt in :heh I felt the same about those 2 (the only 2 I've seen so far). I had a lot of fun with SukaSuka. Nygglatho is certainly a scene stealer :) Tsuki ga Rikei should be quite enjoyable given it's simplicity.
Still stalking my thread brandy, huh? : D You need to join us more often :arf

She has tons of talent and loves her fans. Good enough. :D
Yeah I love My Dearest and also Supercell / Egoist. The best thing GC created... OST:
Pretty much yeah, lol.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Still stalking my thread brandy, huh? : D You need to join us more often :arf
I lurk all threads where there's potential lady pics ;) But it seems to have gotten wordy, or maybe I'm getting confused xD
 
Top