A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work


  • Total voters
    20

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well I'm not sure who actually likes crowds in a limited space, though I guess that exists too xD I'm okay with it, but ofc it can be rather annoying and stressful too. We will have to see if it's worth the experience, but I think and hope so :)
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
"We are two yet few"
 

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
Okay, I had to leave these here because this is just too lelz.


Eva showing them how do it!


Obvious Kyrie isn't impressed and will show her that she isn't the only one that can do it with ease.


However even thought how amazed Rosa was by both of them, she won't lose this that easily!


And of course Natsuhi will show them the way too!

........................
................
.......
...






Which of course lead to this.....................

........................
................
.......
...




And of course their reactions.......

........................
................
.......
...





In the end she will be dajiobu!



Of course the three sisters will show how much they care about their sister-in-law

........................
................
.......
...




​

Poor Natsuhi and lmao Rosa's eyes XD
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,619
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Hey nii, curious. How much did you spend on all your nice loot in Japan? I‘ll be going there in a few weeks too, but not sure how much yen I should prepare in advance for goodies.

And how much Dragon Quest stuff is there? :nrr
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
natsuhi so lelz full of kek
Natsuhi besto :nod

Hey nii, curious. How much did you spend on all your nice loot in Japan? I‘ll be going there in a few weeks too, but not sure how much yen I should prepare in advance for goodies.

And how much Dragon Quest stuff is there? :nrr
What a rare sight, nice to see you here Gry :D Kinda hard to tell, but I would guess around 1000€? (it's more than what Sky had on that pic) Honestly depends on what you want to buy, and how much you're willing to spend. For me I rarely buy "otaku" stuff, so when I go to Japan I usually spend without really worrying about the amount. In general, games and anime are what's expensive (around 9k yen if it's new), as well as figurines. Paper stuff is relatively cheap most of the time, like a manga volume won't cost you more than 400 or 500 yen at worst. Of course big magazines or art books will cost a bit more, but are pretty afffordable in my eyes. Not sure how you feel about keychains and that stuff, I don't care about any of that so I can't really give you advice on that front xD

In general you should always try to look for used stuff. Almost every shop has a "Used" corner, and some shops specialize on used articles. Make no mistake, most of the time used articles are still in a very good shape, with really minor damage, if any at all. And yet it's considerably cheaper most of the time, and you can find lots of old gems there. It's honestly the number 1 advice I can give, you can really save a lot of money and make some amazing finds there. Be prepared to be tempted quite a lot though, because the shops, used or not, usually have an insane amount of otaku goodies :XD

Also, where exactly are you staying? I assume Tokyo? In that case, there are a few places I could recommend. And just in case, you do know about the japanguide site? Because that one really is immensely helpful.
By the way, if you go in a few weeks, I guess you could still make it to the JoJo Exhibit? http://jojoex-2018.com/en/
I wanted to go, but tickets were already sold out and we had to leave two days later :( By the time you're over there I think it might be way less crowded and easier to get a ticket.

In regard to Dragon Quest stuff I can't really help you, because I've not touched a single DQ game yet xD I can recommend you Artnia (Square Enix Cafe) though, they had a a good number of DQ articles. Place is kinda small, but pretty sure you might find a thing or two over there: https://www.tripadvisor.de/Restaura...ia-Shinjuku_Tokyo_Tokyo_Prefecture_Kanto.html
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Try 3Q House if you are in Tokyo.
 
Last edited:

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,619
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
What a rare sight, nice to see you here Gry :D Kinda hard to tell, but I would guess around 1000€? (it's more than what Sky had on that pic) Honestly depends on what you want to buy, and how much you're willing to spend. For me I rarely buy "otaku" stuff, so when I go to Japan I usually spend without really worrying about the amount. In general, games and anime are what's expensive (around 9k yen if it's new), as well as figurines. Paper stuff is relatively cheap most of the time, like a manga volume won't cost you more than 400 or 500 yen at worst. Of course big magazines or art books will cost a bit more, but are pretty afffordable in my eyes. Not sure how you feel about keychains and that stuff, I don't care about any of that so I can't really give you advice on that front xD

In general you should always try to look for used stuff. Almost every shop has a "Used" corner, and some shops specialize on used articles. Make no mistake, most of the time used articles are still in a very good shape, with really minor damage, if any at all. And yet it's considerably cheaper most of the time, and you can find lots of old gems there. It's honestly the number 1 advice I can give, you can really save a lot of money and make some amazing finds there. Be prepared to be tempted quite a lot though, because the shops, used or not, usually have an insane amount of otaku goodies :XD

Also, where exactly are you staying? I assume Tokyo? In that case, there are a few places I could recommend. And just in case, you do know about the japanguide site? Because that one really is immensely helpful.
By the way, if you go in a few weeks, I guess you could still make it to the JoJo Exhibit? http://jojoex-2018.com/en/
I wanted to go, but tickets were already sold out and we had to leave two days later :( By the time you're over there I think it might be way less crowded and easier to get a ticket.

In regard to Dragon Quest stuff I can't really help you, because I've not touched a single DQ game yet xD I can recommend you Artnia (Square Enix Cafe) though, they had a a good number of DQ articles. Place is kinda small, but pretty sure you might find a thing or two over there: https://www.tripadvisor.de/Restaura...ia-Shinjuku_Tokyo_Tokyo_Prefecture_Kanto.html
Just accidentally passing by :hi

Don't think I'll spend that much :hmm But still useful to know in perspective. And can always bring along more just in case and revert what I didn't use to euros when I'm back I suppose. If I'm lucky the rates change a bit and it's worth more :lambirb

I got a bunch of stuff on my keys already :ninja Got no clear goals about what I want, will mostly just look around a lot and only get the things that I really like. There's several animes/mangas and game series I like, so stuff related to that perhaps.

Thanks for all these advices :swoon Didn't expect you'd share so much helpful info. Will be my first time there so have no idea about anything :XD Will look at used sections/stores too.

Will be staying in Tokyo, somewhere in Akihabara district. Know no places, so I planned to just walk around a lot, enter everything that looks promising and look around for interesting stuff. Don't know any specific well known stores, but doubt they'd be too hard to find. I've looked around a bit on japanguide actually, and know some places I'll be going to for sure. But a lot of the time will probably be just random planless walking and discovering.

A JoJo exhibit? :SOON I'll read through that link and see if I'll be able to go there. Time-wise it should work since I'll be there from mid september to early october. May need to decide earlier and get tickets in time. I've heard before that you have to get a reservation for a lot of places and that can be troublesome.

Already know a DQ themed restaurant I'll go to when I'm there, will think about that square cafe too, thanks :) Wanted to go to Ghibli museum too, but tickets are always sold out :nomoar Prolly won't be possible.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Just accidentally passing by :hi

Don't think I'll spend that much :hmm But still useful to know in perspective. And can always bring along more just in case and revert what I didn't use to euros when I'm back I suppose. If I'm lucky the rates change a bit and it's worth more :lambirb

I got a bunch of stuff on my keys already :ninja Got no clear goals about what I want, will mostly just look around a lot and only get the things that I really like. There's several animes/mangas and game series I like, so stuff related to that perhaps.

Thanks for all these advices :swoon Didn't expect you'd share so much helpful info. Will be my first time there so have no idea about anything :XD Will look at used sections/stores too.

Will be staying in Tokyo, somewhere in Akihabara district. Know no places, so I planned to just walk around a lot, enter everything that looks promising and look around for interesting stuff. Don't know any specific well known stores, but doubt they'd be too hard to find. I've looked around a bit on japanguide actually, and know some places I'll be going to for sure. But a lot of the time will probably be just random planless walking and discovering.

A JoJo exhibit? :SOON I'll read through that link and see if I'll be able to go there. Time-wise it should work since I'll be there from mid september to early october. May need to decide earlier and get tickets in time. I've heard before that you have to get a reservation for a lot of places and that can be troublesome.

Already know a DQ themed restaurant I'll go to when I'm there, will think about that square cafe too, thanks :) Wanted to go to Ghibli museum too, but tickets are always sold out :nomoar Prolly won't be possible.
Well I don't really see the point in you exchanging the money over here. You won't get a good exchange rate, so it's best the to exchange them in Japan (multiple at the airport already, so not all that hard). The rest you can get directly from your account, ATMs are at almost every convenience store, and convenience stores are on every second street xD Just saying, but ofc you should handle it in the way you prefer.

And yes, it's the same for me. Besides a few things, I mostly just go around and see what's catching my eyes. Though like I said the amount of stuff is insane, so you're bound to find lots of interesting stuff :XD

You don't expect me to be helpful and give advice? That makes me sad... but feel free to ask me anything you would like to know more about, I guess you could call me somewhat of a veteran when it comes to visiting Japan lul

So just Tokyo? That's cool, we were only staying in Tokyo during our first trip, too. I assume you're not going alone? Should've asked @syx if he wants to join you ;P
Anyway, I highly recommend the Mandarake store in Akihabara, as well as Traders. Lots of good stuff there, you can find almost everything at that place. Nakano Broadway is another good place to visit, in terms of Otaku stuff. Don't think I need to point out the main tourist attractions, you will visit them anyway :amuse

Hmm reservations usually aren't needed from my experience, with a few exceptions like themed Cafes. But ofc you are free to use them if possible, gives you some sorta guarantee. When I tried to visit the JoJo exhibit it was the very first day, and JoJo being at the National Arts Center was a pretty big thing, so it's no surprise it was sold out during that day. Do try to visit and take some photos please :p

Ghibli museum tickets need to be bought way in advance, yeah. Never really got the Ghibli hype though, so I never even tried haha.
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,619
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Well I don't really see the point in you exchanging the money over here. You won't get a good exchange rate, so it's best the to exchange them in Japan (multiple at the airport already, so not all that hard). The rest you can get directly from your account, ATMs are at almost every convenience store, and convenience stores are on every second street xD Just saying, but ofc you should handle it in the way you prefer.

And yes, it's the same for me. Besides a few things, I mostly just go around and see what's catching my eyes. Though like I said the amount of stuff is insane, so you're bound to find lots of interesting stuff :XD

You don't expect me to be helpful and give advice? That makes me sad... but feel free to ask me anything you would like to know more about, I guess you could call me somewhat of a veteran when it comes to visiting Japan lul

So just Tokyo? That's cool, we were only staying in Tokyo during our first trip, too. I assume you're not going alone? Should've asked @syx if he wants to join you ;P
Anyway, I highly recommend the Mandarake store in Akihabara, as well as Traders. Lots of good stuff there, you can find almost everything at that place. Nakano Broadway is another good place to visit, in terms of Otaku stuff. Don't think I need to point out the main tourist attractions, you will visit them anyway :amuse

Hmm reservations usually aren't needed from my experience, with a few exceptions like themed Cafes. But ofc you are free to use them if possible, gives you some sorta guarantee. When I tried to visit the JoJo exhibit it was the very first day, and JoJo being at the National Arts Center was a pretty big thing, so it's no surprise it was sold out during that day. Do try to visit and take some photos please :p

Ghibli museum tickets need to be bought way in advance, yeah. Never really got the Ghibli hype though, so I never even tried haha.
A guy I'm going there with says the exact opposite :XD That it's much better getting all the money you need before going there. Forgot the reason though. Still a bit busy with some studying and other things, so will properly start focusing on the trip in a week.

N-No, I meant didn't expect you to go so in-depth! Ofc expected to hear some good things from you here or I wouldn't have asked :nod Veteran hm, how many times have you been there? Ever thought about moving to live there?

The plan so far is to just be in Tokyo yeah. Should be huge enough alone to have more than enough to see for our time there. Will be 3 of us. Syx always sounds busy tho :lambirb

Thanks for these extra recommendations, will try to see as much as I can. Though will need to study while there as well -_-;

Oh I'll be making a huge number of photos. If we end up going to the JoJo exhibit(my companions seemed interested in it when I mentioned it yesterday) I'll be sure to photo a lot. I've heard that photos are often not allowed in some places :grumble But exhibit should be fine.

I'm not too hugely into ghibli either, but interested enough to go. But we quite underestimated how many people go there :lmao Have to book it super early.
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
A guy I'm going there with says the exact opposite :XD That it's much better getting all the money you need before going there. Forgot the reason though. Still a bit busy with some studying and other things, so will properly start focusing on the trip in a week.

N-No, I meant didn't expect you to go so in-depth! Ofc expected to hear some good things from you here or I wouldn't have asked :nod Veteran hm, how many times have you been there? Ever thought about moving to live there?

The plan so far is to just be in Tokyo yeah. Should be huge enough alone to have more than enough to see for our time there. Will be 3 of us. Syx always sounds busy tho :lambirb

Thanks for these extra recommendations, will try to see as much as I can. Though will need to study while there as well -_-;

Oh I'll be making a huge number of photos. If we end up going to the JoJo exhibit(my companions seemed interested in it when I mentioned it yesterday) I'll be sure to photo a lot. I've heard that photos are often not allowed in some places :grumble But exhibit should be fine.

I'm not too hugely into ghibli either, but interested enough to go. But we quite underestimated how many people go there :lmao Have to book it super early.
A guy I'm going there with says the exact opposite :XD That it's much better getting all the money you need before going there. Forgot the reason though. Still a bit busy with some studying and other things, so will properly start focusing on the trip in a week.

N-No, I meant didn't expect you to go so in-depth! Ofc expected to hear some good things from you here or I wouldn't have asked :nod Veteran hm, how many times have you been there? Ever thought about moving to live there?

The plan so far is to just be in Tokyo yeah. Should be huge enough alone to have more than enough to see for our time there. Will be 3 of us. Syx always sounds busy tho :lambirb

Thanks for these extra recommendations, will try to see as much as I can. Though will need to study while there as well -_-;

Oh I'll be making a huge number of photos. If we end up going to the JoJo exhibit(my companions seemed interested in it when I mentioned it yesterday) I'll be sure to photo a lot. I've heard that photos are often not allowed in some places :grumble But exhibit should be fine.

I'm not too hugely into ghibli either, but interested enough to go. But we quite underestimated how many people go there :lmao Have to book it super early.
Hmm, funny :XD Personally I would say it doesn't make that much of a difference, and it also depends on if you're fine with having a huge amount of money with you. I already feel sort of uncomfortable with a few hundred euros on me, so I prefer not having too much money in my wallet. Dunno how knowledgeable your friend is, but I won't say he's outright wrong, it depends on multiple factors.

Haha, such a smooth talker :D Was my third time over there now, visiting a number of different cities. I guess that sort of counts as veteran? mb not, but I would say I have pretty good idea of how to get by over there. And yes, I've thought of moving over there. Not exactly easy though, there are a lot of things to consider.

Yup, Tokyo definitely is big enough to entertain you for a long while xD Wishing you and your friends a good time over there, 3 sounds like a good number :3
syx certainly is busy, but you can bet he would make sure to find the time if you ask him ;P I actually wanted to take him along this time, but some circumstances prevented that.

Not being allowed to take photos there is certainly a possibility, from my experience exhibits in Japan usually have both: Areas where you are allowed to take photos, and areas where you aren't. Otherwise public places are perfectly fine, with the exception of some shrine's, especially the interior. Lots of photos sounds good though :pleased
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,619
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Hmm, funny :XD Personally I would say it doesn't make that much of a difference, and it also depends on if you're fine with having a huge amount of money with you. I already feel sort of uncomfortable with a few hundred euros on me, so I prefer not having too much money in my wallet. Dunno how knowledgeable your friend is, but I won't say he's outright wrong, it depends on multiple factors.

Haha, such a smooth talker :D Was my third time over there now, visiting a number of different cities. I guess that sort of counts as veteran? mb not, but I would say I have pretty good idea of how to get by over there. And yes, I've thought of moving over there. Not exactly easy though, there are a lot of things to consider.

Yup, Tokyo definitely is big enough to entertain you for a long while xD Wishing you and your friends a good time over there, 3 sounds like a good number :3
syx certainly is busy, but you can bet he would make sure to find the time if you ask him ;P I actually wanted to take him along this time, but some circumstances prevented that.

Not being allowed to take photos there is certainly a possibility, from my experience exhibits in Japan usually have both: Areas where you are allowed to take photos, and areas where you aren't. Otherwise public places are perfectly fine, with the exception of some shrine's, especially the interior. Lots of photos sounds good though :pleased
He was there one time before, so knows it better than me at least :lmao Will talk more about that before the trip.

Syx says I have a way with words :rolleyes: But was honest there. Thanks ^^

It's not easy indeed, but should be possible if there's a will. My companions are telling me that I'd be blown away when I go there and that germany will pale hard in comparison forever afterwards. Will have to confirm that myself.

It was 4 of us at some point actually :crying But 3 is a very fine number too yes :nod Oh? @syx :akashi Tho there'll also be more trips in the future.

Thought so :notlikethis Will make it harder to take a photo of everything like I intended to. May just have to be sneaky about it, we'll see :ninja
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
He was there one time before, so knows it better than me at least :lmao Will talk more about that before the trip.

Syx says I have a way with words :rolleyes: But was honest there. Thanks ^^

It's not easy indeed, but should be possible if there's a will. My companions are telling me that I'd be blown away when I go there and that germany will pale hard in comparison forever afterwards. Will have to confirm that myself.

It was 4 of us at some point actually :crying But 3 is a very fine number too yes :nod Oh? @syx :akashi Tho there'll also be more trips in the future.

Thought so :notlikethis Will make it harder to take a photo of everything like I intended to. May just have to be sneaky about it, we'll see :ninja
One time, huh? Guess I'm the senpai then :lambirb

You sure do :D But don't worry, I'm just teasing you :p

Well it's really cliche, but like they say, where's a will there's a way. I'm trying to work towards that goal of living over there, though I won't say it will definitely happen. Have to agree with your friends though, as a tourist life over there is awesome. Almost everything over there works better than it does in Germany, and the people are much more friendly and kind. Ofc Japan isn't some heavenly place where all is good, it definitely has its fair share of problems too. Still, it's definitely one of the best places in terms of infrastructure and food. Food that is actually fresh and tasty and healthy, unlike what you have with our Supermarkt over here. Tbh I can easily see why the Japanese get so old, if they don't die from overwork or suicide (there you have two problems).

What happened to the fourth? :XD And just enjoy your trip, visiting Japan for the first time is insanely cool, I took pictures of almost everything as well :lmao
Well, mb we can make a trip with syx happen at some point, who knows :hee

Being sneaky is going to be difficult, because they always have guards walking around. Might work if there's enough space, but usually it's almost impossible. Only worked for me once, when there was only one guard in a somewhat rural town (Makoto Shinkai exhibit). In terms of shrines and the likes, I respect their wish of not taking photos there. Might be hypocritical, but when it comes to peoples beliefs I tend to respect that a real lot, so I don't take pictures of that stuff even when I could.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,619
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
One time, huh? Guess I'm the senpai then :lambirb

You sure do :D But don't worry, I'm just teasing you :p

Well it's really cliche, but like they say, where's a will there's a way. I'm trying to work towards that goal of living over there, though I won't say it will definitely happen. Have to agree with your friends though, as a tourist life over there is awesome. Almost everything over there works better than it does in Germany, and the people are much more friendly and kind. Ofc Japan isn't some heavenly place where all is good, it definitely has its fair share of problems too. Still, it's definitely one of the best places in terms of infrastructure and food. Food that is actually fresh and tasty and healthy, unlike what you have with our Supermarkt over here. Tbh I can easily see why the Japanese get so old, if they don't die from overwork or suicide (there you have two problems).

What happened to the fourth? :XD And just enjoy your trip, visiting Japan for the first time is insanely cool, I took pictures of almost everything as well :lmao
Well, mb we can make a trip with syx happen at some point, who knows :hee

Being sneaky is going to be difficult, because they always have guards walking around. Might work if there's enough space, but usually it's almost impossible. Only worked for me once, when there was only one guard in a somewhat rural town (Makoto Shinkai exhibit). In terms of shrines and the likes, I respect their wish of not taking photos there. Might be hypocritical, but when it comes to peoples beliefs I tend to respect that a real lot, so I don't take pictures of that stuff even when I could.
Depends on the days :lambirb They stayed for a whole month there iirc, but even counting days you should have more atm.

Heard a lot of their talk, how perfect and real fruits and vegetables there are, everything a lot more clean and in order and a bunch of no-smoking zones everywhere, people friendly, amazing food etc. People there try hard in everything they do apparently, which sounds promising. If the difference is really this huge compared to germany then it's definitely the preferred place to live in :hmm How much japanese do you know nii? I know the most out of our 3-man group, but A1 level at best :XD So will still all use english mainly.

The fourth... let's just say, I was a tad bit too ambitious :noworry But there will be more trips prolly. Will try to enjoy myself, should be an otaku dream come true :nod

I can understand them, I don't like pics being taken of me too :grumble Will probably not attempt anything unless it's something godly I absolutely have to photo and it tempts me.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Depends on the days :lambirb They stayed for a whole month there iirc, but even counting days you should have more atm.

Heard a lot of their talk, how perfect and real fruits and vegetables there are, everything a lot more clean and in order and a bunch of no-smoking zones everywhere, people friendly, amazing food etc. People there try hard in everything they do apparently, which sounds promising. If the difference is really this huge compared to germany then it's definitely the preferred place to live in :hmm How much japanese do you know nii? I know the most out of our 3-man group, but A1 level at best :XD So will still all use english mainly.

The fourth... let's just say, I was a tad bit too ambitious :noworry But there will be more trips prolly. Will try to enjoy myself, should be an otaku dream come true :nod

I can understand them, I don't like pics being taken of me too :grumble Will probably not attempt anything unless it's something godly I absolutely have to photo and it tempts me.
I have a whopping three more weeks of experience then :lambirb

Well all of that is pretty accurate, with the addition that you basically can't smoke anywhere but in dedicated small zones. Was quite a pain for me, as I was still smoking back then :XD Honestly, I would argue Japan is superior in almost every way. Just working at a japanese office sounds like a really bad idea, because their work ethics are horrible by european standards. Ofc for customers that makes it pretty amazing in a lot of ways, but if you're on the other side... prolly not so much, at least in the majority of cases. Though ofc you can almost never generalize stuff.

My level of japanese? Very basic tbh, like a bunch of single words and phrases, lol. Tried it two times, and didn't manage to continue despite my best effort. Life just throws so much at you sometimes, so you prefer to use your free time with just chilling and having some fun. I still plan to learn the language, but I know that right now it's most likely not feasible for me. I have a good idea when I'm going to give it another try, but it's not going to be anytime soon. It's not exactly that big of a deal though, with some basic japanese and relatively good english skills you can get by just fine. Most japs at least have some limited english skills, as broken as it may be at times, and at least Tokyo is using Romaji almost everywhere. Also helps that the Japanese are very friendly, so they're always trying their best to help you in case you're lost or something like that.

And yes, an Otaku dream come true sounds about right :nod Japan is a pretty huge place with lots of vastly different places, so there's always stuff left to explore. As huge as Tokyo is, it really is just a tiny place in this big and awesome country called Japan :blush

Oh and I think you misunderstood. Taking photos of people isn't a problem, most japanese don't really mind from my experience (at least if they're not the main/sole focus, but I think that applies everywhere). But for "No Photos" zones, you most often have guards making sure no one does. And if they catch you it isn't exactly pretty, especially if it's creative content you aren't allowed to take pictures of xD For shrines and stuff there usually is a sign saying "No photos", so there's nothing much holding you back besides people giving you awkward looks. Never tried, but saw it happen with some tourists. Left a bad taste in my mouth, but mb they didn't know better.
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Holy shit, who is going to read all that stuff (well, I did...) :lmao
Should've asked @syx if he wants to join you ;P
Syx always sounds busy tho :lambirb
syx certainly is busy, but you can bet he would make sure to find the time if you ask him ;P
Oh? @syx :akashi Tho there'll also be more trips in the future.
Do I really make such busy impression on you guys? I don't think I'm more or less busy than others honestly. >.>

Anyway, I'll take this vacation topic as what it is, i.e. a joke, lel. I actually wouldn't mind tagging with someone on MH for a vacation trip if everything fits, but I'm certainly not "crashing a party" where I don't know the fellow travellers at all. That's an absolute nogo. :lmao

But damn, GrySun... you are visiting


:wtf

That's incredible. It will definitely be a blast for you. :zomg
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,662
Reaction score
31,928
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
what is this nii?! :arf what game is this and what is the platform/console? :arf

 
Top