Well I'm not sure who actually likes crowds in a limited space, though I guess that exists too xD I'm okay with it, but ofc it can be rather annoying and stressful too. We will have to see if it's worth the experience, but I think and hope so 



Quite a lot actually. You might have a field day.And how much Dragon Quest stuff is there?![]()
Natsuhi bestonatsuhi so lelz full of kek

What a rare sight, nice to see you here GryHey nii, curious. How much did you spend on all your nice loot in Japan? I‘ll be going there in a few weeks too, but not sure how much yen I should prepare in advance for goodies.
And how much Dragon Quest stuff is there?![]()
Kinda hard to tell, but I would guess around 1000€? (it's more than what Sky had on that pic) Honestly depends on what you want to buy, and how much you're willing to spend. For me I rarely buy "otaku" stuff, so when I go to Japan I usually spend without really worrying about the amount. In general, games and anime are what's expensive (around 9k yen if it's new), as well as figurines. Paper stuff is relatively cheap most of the time, like a manga volume won't cost you more than 400 or 500 yen at worst. Of course big magazines or art books will cost a bit more, but are pretty afffordable in my eyes. Not sure how you feel about keychains and that stuff, I don't care about any of that so I can't really give you advice on that front xD
By the time you're over there I think it might be way less crowded and easier to get a ticket.Try 3Q House if you are I'm Tokyo.

Just accidentally passing byWhat a rare sight, nice to see you here GryKinda hard to tell, but I would guess around 1000€? (it's more than what Sky had on that pic) Honestly depends on what you want to buy, and how much you're willing to spend. For me I rarely buy "otaku" stuff, so when I go to Japan I usually spend without really worrying about the amount. In general, games and anime are what's expensive (around 9k yen if it's new), as well as figurines. Paper stuff is relatively cheap most of the time, like a manga volume won't cost you more than 400 or 500 yen at worst. Of course big magazines or art books will cost a bit more, but are pretty afffordable in my eyes. Not sure how you feel about keychains and that stuff, I don't care about any of that so I can't really give you advice on that front xD
In general you should always try to look for used stuff. Almost every shop has a "Used" corner, and some shops specialize on used articles. Make no mistake, most of the time used articles are still in a very good shape, with really minor damage, if any at all. And yet it's considerably cheaper most of the time, and you can find lots of old gems there. It's honestly the number 1 advice I can give, you can really save a lot of money and make some amazing finds there. Be prepared to be tempted quite a lot though, because the shops, used or not, usually have an insane amount of otaku goodies
Also, where exactly are you staying? I assume Tokyo? In that case, there are a few places I could recommend. And just in case, you do know about the japanguide site? Because that one really is immensely helpful.
By the way, if you go in a few weeks, I guess you could still make it to the JoJo Exhibit? http://jojoex-2018.com/en/
I wanted to go, but tickets were already sold out and we had to leave two days laterBy the time you're over there I think it might be way less crowded and easier to get a ticket.
In regard to Dragon Quest stuff I can't really help you, because I've not touched a single DQ game yet xD I can recommend you Artnia (Square Enix Cafe) though, they had a a good number of DQ articles. Place is kinda small, but pretty sure you might find a thing or two over there: https://www.tripadvisor.de/Restaura...ia-Shinjuku_Tokyo_Tokyo_Prefecture_Kanto.html

But still useful to know in perspective. And can always bring along more just in case and revert what I didn't use to euros when I'm back I suppose. If I'm lucky the rates change a bit and it's worth more
Got no clear goals about what I want, will mostly just look around a lot and only get the things that I really like. There's several animes/mangas and game series I like, so stuff related to that perhaps.
Didn't expect you'd share so much helpful info. Will be my first time there so have no idea about anything
Will look at used sections/stores too.
I'll read through that link and see if I'll be able to go there. Time-wise it should work since I'll be there from mid september to early october. May need to decide earlier and get tickets in time. I've heard before that you have to get a reservation for a lot of places and that can be troublesome.
Wanted to go to Ghibli museum too, but tickets are always sold out
Prolly won't be possible.Well I don't really see the point in you exchanging the money over here. You won't get a good exchange rate, so it's best the to exchange them in Japan (multiple at the airport already, so not all that hard). The rest you can get directly from your account, ATMs are at almost every convenience store, and convenience stores are on every second street xD Just saying, but ofc you should handle it in the way you prefer.Just accidentally passing by
Don't think I'll spend that muchBut still useful to know in perspective. And can always bring along more just in case and revert what I didn't use to euros when I'm back I suppose. If I'm lucky the rates change a bit and it's worth more
I got a bunch of stuff on my keys alreadyGot no clear goals about what I want, will mostly just look around a lot and only get the things that I really like. There's several animes/mangas and game series I like, so stuff related to that perhaps.
Thanks for all these advicesDidn't expect you'd share so much helpful info. Will be my first time there so have no idea about anything
Will look at used sections/stores too.
Will be staying in Tokyo, somewhere in Akihabara district. Know no places, so I planned to just walk around a lot, enter everything that looks promising and look around for interesting stuff. Don't know any specific well known stores, but doubt they'd be too hard to find. I've looked around a bit on japanguide actually, and know some places I'll be going to for sure. But a lot of the time will probably be just random planless walking and discovering.
A JoJo exhibit?I'll read through that link and see if I'll be able to go there. Time-wise it should work since I'll be there from mid september to early october. May need to decide earlier and get tickets in time. I've heard before that you have to get a reservation for a lot of places and that can be troublesome.
Already know a DQ themed restaurant I'll go to when I'm there, will think about that square cafe too, thanksWanted to go to Ghibli museum too, but tickets are always sold out
Prolly won't be possible.



A guy I'm going there with says the exact oppositeWell I don't really see the point in you exchanging the money over here. You won't get a good exchange rate, so it's best the to exchange them in Japan (multiple at the airport already, so not all that hard). The rest you can get directly from your account, ATMs are at almost every convenience store, and convenience stores are on every second street xD Just saying, but ofc you should handle it in the way you prefer.
And yes, it's the same for me. Besides a few things, I mostly just go around and see what's catching my eyes. Though like I said the amount of stuff is insane, so you're bound to find lots of interesting stuff
You don't expect me to be helpful and give advice? That makes me sad... but feel free to ask me anything you would like to know more about, I guess you could call me somewhat of a veteran when it comes to visiting Japan lul
So just Tokyo? That's cool, we were only staying in Tokyo during our first trip, too. I assume you're not going alone? Should've asked @syx if he wants to join you ;P
Anyway, I highly recommend the Mandarake store in Akihabara, as well as Traders. Lots of good stuff there, you can find almost everything at that place. Nakano Broadway is another good place to visit, in terms of Otaku stuff. Don't think I need to point out the main tourist attractions, you will visit them anyway
Hmm reservations usually aren't needed from my experience, with a few exceptions like themed Cafes. But ofc you are free to use them if possible, gives you some sorta guarantee. When I tried to visit the JoJo exhibit it was the very first day, and JoJo being at the National Arts Center was a pretty big thing, so it's no surprise it was sold out during that day. Do try to visit and take some photos please
Ghibli museum tickets need to be bought way in advance, yeah. Never really got the Ghibli hype though, so I never even tried haha.
That it's much better getting all the money you need before going there. Forgot the reason though. Still a bit busy with some studying and other things, so will properly start focusing on the trip in a week.
Veteran hm, how many times have you been there? Ever thought about moving to live there?
Have to book it super early.A guy I'm going there with says the exact oppositeThat it's much better getting all the money you need before going there. Forgot the reason though. Still a bit busy with some studying and other things, so will properly start focusing on the trip in a week.
N-No, I meant didn't expect you to go so in-depth! Ofc expected to hear some good things from you here or I wouldn't have askedVeteran hm, how many times have you been there? Ever thought about moving to live there?
The plan so far is to just be in Tokyo yeah. Should be huge enough alone to have more than enough to see for our time there. Will be 3 of us. Syx always sounds busy tho
Thanks for these extra recommendations, will try to see as much as I can. Though will need to study while there as well
Oh I'll be making a huge number of photos. If we end up going to the JoJo exhibit(my companions seemed interested in it when I mentioned it yesterday) I'll be sure to photo a lot. I've heard that photos are often not allowed in some placesBut exhibit should be fine.
I'm not too hugely into ghibli either, but interested enough to go. But we quite underestimated how many people go thereHave to book it super early.
Hmm, funnyA guy I'm going there with says the exact oppositeThat it's much better getting all the money you need before going there. Forgot the reason though. Still a bit busy with some studying and other things, so will properly start focusing on the trip in a week.
N-No, I meant didn't expect you to go so in-depth! Ofc expected to hear some good things from you here or I wouldn't have askedVeteran hm, how many times have you been there? Ever thought about moving to live there?
The plan so far is to just be in Tokyo yeah. Should be huge enough alone to have more than enough to see for our time there. Will be 3 of us. Syx always sounds busy tho
Thanks for these extra recommendations, will try to see as much as I can. Though will need to study while there as well
Oh I'll be making a huge number of photos. If we end up going to the JoJo exhibit(my companions seemed interested in it when I mentioned it yesterday) I'll be sure to photo a lot. I've heard that photos are often not allowed in some placesBut exhibit should be fine.
I'm not too hugely into ghibli either, but interested enough to go. But we quite underestimated how many people go thereHave to book it super early.
Personally I would say it doesn't make that much of a difference, and it also depends on if you're fine with having a huge amount of money with you. I already feel sort of uncomfortable with a few hundred euros on me, so I prefer not having too much money in my wallet. Dunno how knowledgeable your friend is, but I won't say he's outright wrong, it depends on multiple factors.
Was my third time over there now, visiting a number of different cities. I guess that sort of counts as veteran? mb not, but I would say I have pretty good idea of how to get by over there. And yes, I've thought of moving over there. Not exactly easy though, there are a lot of things to consider.
He was there one time before, so knows it better than me at leastHmm, funnyPersonally I would say it doesn't make that much of a difference, and it also depends on if you're fine with having a huge amount of money with you. I already feel sort of uncomfortable with a few hundred euros on me, so I prefer not having too much money in my wallet. Dunno how knowledgeable your friend is, but I won't say he's outright wrong, it depends on multiple factors.
Haha, such a smooth talkerWas my third time over there now, visiting a number of different cities. I guess that sort of counts as veteran? mb not, but I would say I have pretty good idea of how to get by over there. And yes, I've thought of moving over there. Not exactly easy though, there are a lot of things to consider.
Yup, Tokyo definitely is big enough to entertain you for a long while xD Wishing you and your friends a good time over there, 3 sounds like a good number :3
syx certainly is busy, but you can bet he would make sure to find the time if you ask him ;P I actually wanted to take him along this time, but some circumstances prevented that.
Not being allowed to take photos there is certainly a possibility, from my experience exhibits in Japan usually have both: Areas where you are allowed to take photos, and areas where you aren't. Otherwise public places are perfectly fine, with the exception of some shrine's, especially the interior. Lots of photos sounds good though![]()
Will talk more about that before the trip.
But was honest there. Thanks ^^
But 3 is a very fine number too yes
Oh? @syx
Tho there'll also be more trips in the future.
Will make it harder to take a photo of everything like I intended to. May just have to be sneaky about it, we'll see 
One time, huh? Guess I'm the senpai thenHe was there one time before, so knows it better than me at leastWill talk more about that before the trip.
Syx says I have a way with wordsBut was honest there. Thanks ^^
It's not easy indeed, but should be possible if there's a will. My companions are telling me that I'd be blown away when I go there and that germany will pale hard in comparison forever afterwards. Will have to confirm that myself.
It was 4 of us at some point actuallyBut 3 is a very fine number too yes
Oh? @syx
Tho there'll also be more trips in the future.
Thought soWill make it harder to take a photo of everything like I intended to. May just have to be sneaky about it, we'll see
![]()
But don't worry, I'm just teasing you 
And just enjoy your trip, visiting Japan for the first time is insanely cool, I took pictures of almost everything as well

Depends on the daysOne time, huh? Guess I'm the senpai then
You sure doBut don't worry, I'm just teasing you
Well it's really cliche, but like they say, where's a will there's a way. I'm trying to work towards that goal of living over there, though I won't say it will definitely happen. Have to agree with your friends though, as a tourist life over there is awesome. Almost everything over there works better than it does in Germany, and the people are much more friendly and kind. Ofc Japan isn't some heavenly place where all is good, it definitely has its fair share of problems too. Still, it's definitely one of the best places in terms of infrastructure and food. Food that is actually fresh and tasty and healthy, unlike what you have with our Supermarkt over here. Tbh I can easily see why the Japanese get so old, if they don't die from overwork or suicide (there you have two problems).
What happened to the fourth?And just enjoy your trip, visiting Japan for the first time is insanely cool, I took pictures of almost everything as well
Well, mb we can make a trip with syx happen at some point, who knows
Being sneaky is going to be difficult, because they always have guards walking around. Might work if there's enough space, but usually it's almost impossible. Only worked for me once, when there was only one guard in a somewhat rural town (Makoto Shinkai exhibit). In terms of shrines and the likes, I respect their wish of not taking photos there. Might be hypocritical, but when it comes to peoples beliefs I tend to respect that a real lot, so I don't take pictures of that stuff even when I could.
How much japanese do you know nii? I know the most out of our 3-man group, but A1 level at best
So will still all use english mainly.
But there will be more trips prolly. Will try to enjoy myself, should be an otaku dream come true 
I have a whopping three more weeks of experience thenDepends on the daysThey stayed for a whole month there iirc, but even counting days you should have more atm.
Heard a lot of their talk, how perfect and real fruits and vegetables there are, everything a lot more clean and in order and a bunch of no-smoking zones everywhere, people friendly, amazing food etc. People there try hard in everything they do apparently, which sounds promising. If the difference is really this huge compared to germany then it's definitely the preferred place to live inHow much japanese do you know nii? I know the most out of our 3-man group, but A1 level at best
So will still all use english mainly.
The fourth... let's just say, I was a tad bit too ambitiousBut there will be more trips prolly. Will try to enjoy myself, should be an otaku dream come true
I can understand them, I don't like pics being taken of me tooWill probably not attempt anything unless it's something godly I absolutely have to photo and it tempts me.
Honestly, I would argue Japan is superior in almost every way. Just working at a japanese office sounds like a really bad idea, because their work ethics are horrible by european standards. Ofc for customers that makes it pretty amazing in a lot of ways, but if you're on the other side... prolly not so much, at least in the majority of cases. Though ofc you can almost never generalize stuff.
Japan is a pretty huge place with lots of vastly different places, so there's always stuff left to explore. As huge as Tokyo is, it really is just a tiny place in this big and awesome country called Japan 

Should've asked @syx if he wants to join you ;P
Syx always sounds busy tho![]()
syx certainly is busy, but you can bet he would make sure to find the time if you ask him ;P
Do I really make such busy impression on you guys? I don't think I'm more or less busy than others honestly. >.>Oh? @syxTho there'll also be more trips in the future.



what game is this and what is the platform/console? 