A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work


  • Total voters
    20

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Episode 6:
Yellow is over 3.000 years old. :lmao I can't blame her that she forgot why they are even fighting. How does one keep his sanity for +3.000 years, ffs?

This episode was hilarious. It's still only Phos for me who keeps the level of pure entertainment at a high level. So, despite the fact the series hasn't told me the grand scheme of things in regards to the plot yet (after half of its season, mind you), Phos still delivers pure enjoyment. :zomg It was very funny to watch nervous Phos in her first days on patrol. The fight scenes at the end were awesome. Do they really need anyone else besides Kongo and Bort? :lmao It looks like both of them are more than enough to deal with the Luna-things at any given time. Dunno what's wrong with Bort though, what's her problem with Phos?

Screens:

: )


Vanishing Drive!!!! :lmao

xD






:lmao

:nod


Poor Phos... xD







Oh my god... :kukuku

: )

:nod
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Episode 7:
Oh lol... they are hibernating during winter in a big comfy-zone? They all look so adorable. :wtf

This was probably the best episode so far thanks to Antarcticite, the only side character which I truly came to like. And it only required her one single episode to do so. She is amazing for how she treats Phos, and the fact that she trained Phos made me love this character much more. Phos x Antarcticite all the way. <3 I don't need anything else.

But the end though... Is Phos cursed with bad luck? :lmao

...

:pout

Screens:


Simply Phos <3...


When all you need to win syx's heart is to make funny expressions like that. <3




xD




<3 :kukuku





:lmao

: )
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Episode 8:
:-_-
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Episode 8 (after I cooled down):
The beginning of this episode was lovely. A series gets so much better when there are characters you care for. :lmao It was so sad to see Antarcticite blaming herself, I wished I could hug her there. :pout And Phos's futile, yet very amusing attempt to comfort her was the cherry on the cake. But then Chord Shore happened and triggered me hard, you have absolutely no idea. I only cared for Phos and Antarcticite, and the latter is gone now. She only got... 2 f* episodes, man. :fail She deserved much better... oh well. The episode itself was great, even tops the previous one in my opinion. It was quite intense and Antarcticite was astonishing. I struggled in front of my monitor just like she did. I wasn't even sure whether she would make it or not. It was when she teared apart the Luna-thing that I was confident she is safe. Gosh, how wrong I was... : / Still think it was way too early for her to go.

Phos seems to get a body fitting her potential step by side. She did amazing at the end. Did the gold (or whatever it was) reacted to the sunlight or to the Luna-things?

Also, with the last two episodes I can finally conclude that this series is amazing.

Screens:



She is definitely one of the most amusing characters ever. <3 :lmao


Hahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha I can't take it anymore xD Such an airhead xD

So much meme potential :lmao
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,092
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Episode 6:
Yellow is over 3.000 years old. :lmao I can't blame her that she forgot why they are even fighting. How does one keep his sanity for +3.000 years, ffs?

This episode was hilarious. It's still only Phos for me who keeps the level of pure entertainment at a high level. So, despite the fact the series hasn't told me the grand scheme of things in regards to the plot yet (after half of its season, mind you), Phos still delivers pure enjoyment. :zomg It was very funny to watch nervous Phos in her first days on patrol. The fight scenes at the end were awesome. Do they really need anyone else besides Kongo and Bort? :lmao It looks like both of them are more than enough to deal with the Luna-things at any given time. Dunno what's wrong with Bort though, what's her problem with Phos?

Screens:

: )


Vanishing Drive!!!! :lmao

xD






:lmao

:nod


Poor Phos... xD







Oh my god... :kukuku

: )

:nod
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Episode 7:
Oh lol... they are hibernating during winter in a big comfy-zone? They all look so adorable. :wtf

This was probably the best episode so far thanks to Antarcticite, the only side character which I truly came to like. And it only required her one single episode to do so. She is amazing for how she treats Phos, and the fact that she trained Phos made me love this character much more. Phos x Antarcticite all the way. <3 I don't need anything else.

But the end though... Is Phos cursed with bad luck? :lmao

...

:pout

Screens:


Simply Phos <3...


When all you need to win syx's heart is to make funny expressions like that. <3




xD




<3 :kukuku





:lmao

: )
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Episode 8:
:-_-



wow syx kun, amazing im so glad you didnt give up on it :zomg. also Antar-chan is awesome, and her voice actress is is killua's (also Ray TPN)...
yeah :pout












Those screens are amazing sorry to ask this, what doyou use do to screen that much vid pics ?


@niichan oh did you see this antarcticite figure ? im not so much of a goodies person but its so awesome ! :zomg
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
wow syx kun, amazing im so glad you didnt give up on it :zomg. also Antar-chan is awesome, and her voice actress is is killua's (also Ray TPN)...
yeah :pout
Oh, you are right, that's Killua's voice. :lmao How could I miss that? And well, I couldn't ignore HnK anymore after you and nii spoke so highly of it. xD

By the way, thank you so much for the arts, <3 I'm probably going to wear an Antar-chan set as a tribute. :pout

Those screens are amazing sorry to ask this, what doyou use do to screen that much vid pics ?
I make those screenshots while watching the episodes. I use the VLC media Player 3.0.3 and set a hotkey (Shift+s in my case) to make instant screenshots. Then I use this website to resize the images, since the screenshots have the original resolution (which is often 1280x720 or 1920x1080 in my case, and thus too big). Then I upload them on my imgur account and post them here. :lmao

I think you can also set the screenshot resolution in the settings of VLC, but I didn't bother to look further into it. I might do it though, since it would save me some time.

Well, if you need help with anything, just message me. I will gladly guide you through every step in detail.
:wtf

:pout
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
This was so sad... :nomoar
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Episode 9:
Oh noooo, they made my lovely Phos too serious. : ( I can't blame her though. A rather calm and uneventful episode after two amazing ones. Well, that was to be expected. Phos has become quite a formidable fighter. :zomg

Screens:



right in the feels... :pout



:lmao

Poor Phos... in another way though... :kukuku
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Episode 10:
Nice episode. I liked the camera work her, it felt like I was playing the part of a good adventure game where you have to run and hide. :lmao That fight scene between Bort and the Luna-thing was an eye-candy. :zomg Diamond did great, too. I feel really sad for her. :nomoar I would actually like to know more about these Luna-things, but it appears they keep it for later. So far, it feels like they are your random enemy-of-the-week with no personality of their own.

Screens:




:kukuku
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Episode 11:
Not sure what to think of this episode. It was kinda underwhelming for the second last episode in my opinion. I'm pleasantly surprised that all the other already suspect Kongo to hide a lot of things and possibly has a connection to Lunarians. Phos is going to play detective, which is nice. :zomg And a new character is born.

Screens:




lel...
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Episode 12:
Padparadscha brings in fresh air, I already like her a lot. Seems to be the easy-going person. She has an overall great character design. From her captivating hair style to her open shirt and the way she wears her socks differently is very charming. :blush But most of all, she seems to be the most adult person out there and this by a good margin. Too bad she was only around for a couple of minutes. :nomoar

Other than that, nothing much happened in the final episode. Bort is annoying and I still have a hard time to feel attached to Cinnabar. Maybe, she just needs more screentime, some characters require more than others. Too bad that we barely got any information about the Lunarians, but Phos already made the first tiny steps towards the truth. I'm looking forward to a possible 2nd season. This was a wonderful ride! :zomg Thank you a lot @Erinyes, @niichan. :vbunny

I only have this beauty to share:
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,092
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Im so so glad you completed it and seems you enjoy it :zomg, thxs syx-chan for trusting us :zomg !



and this new set is awesome !!








Sorry nii-kun for spmming your thread,

:arf
 

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
Niichaaaaaaaaan-kuuuun~

Gonna leave those here : D

This one is kinda funny because I was planning to do something like this with Bern and Lambda but then again, there is too many things I am planning to do with them anyway. XD But seriously, I llove this artist so much, such funny ideas she always creates and I think I have said that already. xD






FREAKING BEATOOOOOOOOO XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD



--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
There is actually more fanarts I wanna show you however my laptop is doing slow atm. -.- I will show the others later made by other artists!
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Oh, you are right, that's Killua's voice. :lmao How could I miss that? And well, I couldn't ignore HnK anymore after you and nii spoke so highly of it. xD

By the way, thank you so much for the arts, <3 I'm probably going to wear an Antar-chan set as a tribute. :pout


I make those screenshots while watching the episodes. I use the VLC media Player 3.0.3 and set a hotkey (Shift+s in my case) to make instant screenshots. Then I use this website to resize the images, since the screenshots have the original resolution (which is often 1280x720 or 1920x1080 in my case, and thus too big). Then I upload them on my imgur account and post them here. :lmao

I think you can also set the screenshot resolution in the settings of VLC, but I didn't bother to look further into it. I might do it though, since it would save me some time.

Well, if you need help with anything, just message me. I will gladly guide you through every step in detail.

:wtf

:pout
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

This was so sad... :nomoar
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Episode 9:
Oh noooo, they made my lovely Phos too serious. : ( I can't blame her though. A rather calm and uneventful episode after two amazing ones. Well, that was to be expected. Phos has become quite a formidable fighter. :zomg

Screens:



right in the feels... :pout



:lmao

Poor Phos... in another way though... :kukuku
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Episode 10:
Nice episode. I liked the camera work her, it felt like I was playing the part of a good adventure game where you have to run and hide. :lmao That fight scene between Bort and the Luna-thing was an eye-candy. :zomg Diamond did great, too. I feel really sad for her. :nomoar I would actually like to know more about these Luna-things, but it appears they keep it for later. So far, it feels like they are your random enemy-of-the-week with no personality of their own.

Screens:




:kukuku
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Episode 11:
Not sure what to think of this episode. It was kinda underwhelming for the second last episode in my opinion. I'm pleasantly surprised that all the other already suspect Kongo to hide a lot of things and possibly has a connection to Lunarians. Phos is going to play detective, which is nice. :zomg And a new character is born.

Screens:




lel...
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Episode 12:
Padparadscha brings in fresh air, I already like her a lot. Seems to be the easy-going person. She has an overall great character design. From her captivating hair style to her open shirt and the way she wears her socks differently is very charming. :blush But most of all, she seems to be the most adult person out there and this by a good margin. Too bad she was only around for a couple of minutes. :nomoar

Other than that, nothing much happened in the final episode. Bort is annoying and I still have a hard time to feel attached to Cinnabar. Maybe, she just needs more screentime, some characters require more than others. Too bad that we barely got any information about the Lunarians, but Phos already made the first tiny steps towards the truth. I'm looking forward to a possible 2nd season. This was a wonderful ride! :zomg Thank you a lot @Erinyes, @niichan. :vbunny

I only have this beauty to share:
Now go read the manga <_>

Also niichan I didn't know u were a darkengard fan :wtf I see that fanart folder of darkengard
I should have expected it, I mean you're a yoko taro fan but not a lot of people knew about the last games that he did other than nier automata.





 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
Okay break time. That means exploring twitter time, that means leaving a few Umineko Fanarts at Niichans thread time:







Lol at beato face xD




The last two :hurr


 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
wow i know the ost but never heard this remix :zomg its an amazing one thxs for sharing !

need to replay its one of my fave game (alongside chrono trigger/ff6 ) and best ff soundtrack ♥ i did replay a couple of years ago ff6 & 7 but my last computer broke and i no longer have them :pout
did you ever heard those ones if you like celtic tunes you might love it a lot.

Sorry for spamming you vids, hope you ll enjoy them :)

Forgot to respond to this :gwah A number of nice tracks, thanks for sharing Erin! :zomg You seem to like "folksy" music? (there prolly is a better term for that sorta music, but doesn't come to mind atm xD)
If yes, I thought you might like this one :blush


Another important trip as soon as my next exam is done, mid-october. But will only last for a week, and be a bit stressful coming back to lots of classes. Rather shoehorned into my schedule, but should work. Will tell you more later when I‘m back from that trip. But should be very nice and fun.

I will bring back at least one thing :XD Would want it reminding me of the nice times, as well as being something nice to look at sometimes. But won‘t be much. Was very surprised myself at my self restraint :hmm Brought a lot of money in case I want lots of things, but will come back with most of it unspent. Friends did buy a lot, figurines, books, framed pictures etc. Can enjoy seeing what they have too.
The food was great, though not sure if we were at normal places :lmao Breakfast+lunch was almost always ramen at many different places places(best being Ippudo and Ichiran, but also some others which names I forgot). Went to a lot of restaurants for dinner that were sukiyaki, yakiniku, curry, and many other ones. Am very satisfied with the taste :gaw Loved it. Especially loving this one chain of curry places that are open 24/7, CoCo curry. Not too expensive for an always available good tasting curry with lots of different toppings.

The people are also great, japanese workers all try so hard to do a good job, it‘s very inspiring. Professional, kind and supportive. And the normal people too, they all have this nice mentality of not wanting to bother others and being very considerate of one another. Very different from germany. Feeling like this could maybe be the best place to live in.

Otaku job on the side? Well as long as you‘re enjoying it and it isn‘t causing you harm that‘s great. Don‘t overwork yourself though. :nod
Visiting pompom perhaps? :heh You still enjoying your second trip, or already back?

So it took me forever to answer... which one thing did you bring back? :XD Looking at stuff from others is nice too, but you're the first person I've seen who's seems so uninterested in buying Otaku stuff.
And you prolly went to more normal places than we did last time lol, wish we had bought Ramen etc. more often bc we were traveling a lot. Meals often were from convenience stores, though tbh they're far far better than anything you could get over here. I wonder, how was the weather over there when you went? Prolly still too warm for stuff like steamed buns, bc holy I loved that stuff during when we went there during our second trip (in march, when it was still relatively cold). Also, did you see a bunch of stands where they sell food? Those places usually have great stuff as well, like Okonomiyaki or crabflesh on a stick.

Think we actually had CoCo curry during our last trip, and I found the one I chose a little bit too spicy. I chose the middle ranged spice and prolly underestimated what the Japanese are used to. Still was tasty though, they do a great job with curry over there.

Totally agreed about the people in Japan, they're almost creepily nice if you compare them to how you're treated in Germany most of the time :lmao I'm not too fond of their general work ethic, but as a customer it definitely is heaven on earth.

No worries, I'm busy but not stressed out. My two jobs are both fun, though ofc I wouldn't mind having a bit more free time (then again, who wouldn't). "Otaku" job is working as an editor and QC for a certain Japanese company.

I'm not up to date with Houseki either :( Saw that the manga changed the order of some things and figured out from where I would best start reading, but then other stuff came up and I sorta forgot... xD I really want to read it at some point though. So you only read tpn and hxh atm? I guess life is keeping you busy?



if you know what I mean :wtf

tbh I can feel Spongebob, that's what I felt before I got to know you :XD
:lmao I don't think I'm that scary or anything. At least I don't want to think that : )

Oh, you are right, that's Killua's voice. :lmao How could I miss that? And well, I couldn't ignore HnK anymore after you and nii spoke so highly of it. xD

By the way, thank you so much for the arts, <3 I'm probably going to wear an Antar-chan set as a tribute. :pout


I make those screenshots while watching the episodes. I use the VLC media Player 3.0.3 and set a hotkey (Shift+s in my case) to make instant screenshots. Then I use this website to resize the images, since the screenshots have the original resolution (which is often 1280x720 or 1920x1080 in my case, and thus too big). Then I upload them on my imgur account and post them here. :lmao

I think you can also set the screenshot resolution in the settings of VLC, but I didn't bother to look further into it. I might do it though, since it would save me some time.

Well, if you need help with anything, just message me. I will gladly guide you through every step in detail.
We already talked a bit about Houseki on slack, really happy that you ended up enjoying the anime. I agree that the sidecharas don't really get enough focus and a lot aren't exactly interesting (from the first look we got), but I think on the other hand that helps Phos, who goes through some very good character development, in my eyes. Also the mystery is quite interesting, though I agree that we don't really know anything yet. Still think the story and charas have a lot of potential, the first 12 episodes only felt like an "introduction" of sorts.

Also, have some nice fanart:








Niichaaaaaaaaan-kuuuun~

Gonna leave those here : D

This one is kinda funny because I was planning to do something like this with Bern and Lambda but then again, there is too many things I am planning to do with them anyway. XD But seriously, I llove this artist so much, such funny ideas she always creates and I think I have said that already. xD






FREAKING BEATOOOOOOOOO XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD



--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
There is actually more fanarts I wanna show you however my laptop is doing slow atm. -.- I will show the others later made by other artists!
Nutty Natsuhi is greatness :XD And ofc nothing can beat Beato lol. Wouldn't it have been nice if the Ushiromiya ladies could've just respected each other and have some fun and tease without any ill will? :8C

Now go read the manga <_>

Also niichan I didn't know u were a darkengard fan :wtf I see that fanart folder of darkengard
I should have expected it, I mean you're a yoko taro fan but not a lot of people knew about the last games that he did other than nier automata.



oh, so you enjoy Houseki no Kuni and Drakengard too? You're getting more and more amazing, Asako :zomg But yes, I'm a relatively big Yoko Taro fan, because he has a really unique style. Have to admit that Automata is by far his best game though, in my eyes. Though it's a shame many people didn't play the original Nier before Automata, bc you're missing out on too much that makes Automata even more amazing.
So while I did enjoy Drakengard, I think Nier+Automata are much better, but that's prolly more bc he got to work with a more capable team. Drakengard 3 had a lot of problems, like the goddamn camera if you know what I mean XD But Yoko's style always shines through. Which reminds me, did you actually finish Drakengard 3? Have to admit I gave up during the last ending bc come on, that's just impossible lol. Drakengard 1's final ending was easy compared to that.

As for music, I think my two fav Drakengard tracks are Galgaliel and Armaros. As for Drakengard 1... the ending song you shared isn't bad, but besides that I found the OST horribly monotonous, which I guess is part of its charm but wasn't really for me.

Lemme share some art too:





 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Forgot to respond to this :gwah A number of nice tracks, thanks for sharing Erin! :zomg You seem to like "folksy" music? (there prolly is a better term for that sorta music, but doesn't come to mind atm xD)
If yes, I thought you might like this one :blush




Visiting pompom perhaps? :heh You still enjoying your second trip, or already back?

So it took me forever to answer... which one thing did you bring back? :XD Looking at stuff from others is nice too, but you're the first person I've seen who's seems so uninterested in buying Otaku stuff.
And you prolly went to more normal places than we did last time lol, wish we had bought Ramen etc. more often bc we were traveling a lot. Meals often were from convenience stores, though tbh they're far far better than anything you could get over here. I wonder, how was the weather over there when you went? Prolly still too warm for stuff like steamed buns, bc holy I loved that stuff during when we went there during our second trip (in march, when it was still relatively cold). Also, did you see a bunch of stands where they sell food? Those places usually have great stuff as well, like Okonomiyaki or crabflesh on a stick.

Think we actually had CoCo curry during our last trip, and I found the one I chose a little bit too spicy. I chose the middle ranged spice and prolly underestimated what the Japanese are used to. Still was tasty though, they do a great job with curry over there.

Totally agreed about the people in Japan, they're almost creepily nice if you compare them to how you're treated in Germany most of the time :lmao I'm not too fond of their general work ethic, but as a customer it definitely is heaven on earth.

No worries, I'm busy but not stressed out. My two jobs are both fun, though ofc I wouldn't mind having a bit more free time (then again, who wouldn't). "Otaku" job is working as an editor and QC for a certain Japanese company.



I'm not up to date with Houseki either :( Saw that the manga changed the order of some things and figured out from where I would best start reading, but then other stuff came up and I sorta forgot... xD I really want to read it at some point though. So you only read tpn and hxh atm? I guess life is keeping you busy?



:lmao I don't think I'm that scary or anything. At least I don't want to think that : )



We already talked a bit about Houseki on slack, really happy that you ended up enjoying the anime. I agree that the sidecharas don't really get enough focus and a lot aren't exactly interesting (from the first look we got), but I think on the other hand that helps Phos, who goes through some very good character development, in my eyes. Also the mystery is quite interesting, though I agree that we don't really know anything yet. Still think the story and charas have a lot of potential, the first 12 episodes only felt like an "introduction" of sorts.

Also, have some nice fanart:










Nutty Natsuhi is greatness :XD And ofc nothing can beat Beato lol. Wouldn't it have been nice if the Ushiromiya ladies could've just respected each other and have some fun and tease without any ill will? :8C



oh, so you enjoy Houseki no Kuni and Drakengard too? You're getting more and more amazing, Asako :zomg But yes, I'm a relatively big Yoko Taro fan, because he has a really unique style. Have to admit that Automata is by far his best game though, in my eyes. Though it's a shame many people didn't play the original Nier before Automata, bc you're missing out on too much that makes Automata even more amazing.
So while I did enjoy Drakengard, I think Nier+Automata are much better, but that's prolly more bc he got to work with a more capable team. Drakengard 3 had a lot of problems, like the goddamn camera if you know what I mean XD But Yoko's style always shines through. Which reminds me, did you actually finish Drakengard 3? Have to admit I gave up during the last ending bc come on, that's just impossible lol. Drakengard 1's final ending was easy compared to that.

As for music, I think my two fav Drakengard tracks are Galgaliel and Armaros. As for Drakengard 1... the ending song you shared isn't bad, but besides that I found the OST horribly monotonous, which I guess is part of its charm but wasn't really for me.

Lemme share some art too:





So I'm the only one up to date with houseki no kuni here :yoda
Just let me say this, shit are happening in the story :arf




Also yea nier automata is the most enjoyable ones but it's mostly because yoko games finally have good team to handle the gameplay, thank you platinum games, nier couldn't have been this popular if it weren't for them as it could have been like the last games.
I think story wise I prefer darkengard 3, I just loved it no matter how much the gameplay was horrible.
And I have to admit I also wasn't able to finish the final boss battle... it's just impossible or almost :XD but I gotta admit it was a really nice idea of last battle it fits perfectly with darkengard 3 no matter how much it made us rage and the song was great
Yea darkengard 1 ost was rather lacking compare to 3 , nier and automata but it was the start of this
Amazing serie......and pain.. lots and lots of pain and emotional suffering, but at least it had a lot of memorable stuff unlike 2 were it's just ....there
 

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
Niichan I actually came to a realization today... from now on I shall bomb your thread with RamBeru (LambdaxBern). Deal with it. Some may be new and some may be old but they will always stay gold. Enjoy!













Even Erika is watching them




Will be continued.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
So I'm the only one up to date with houseki no kuni here :yoda
Just let me say this, shit are happening in the story :arf


Also yea nier automata is the most enjoyable ones but it's mostly because yoko games finally have good team to handle the gameplay, thank you platinum games, nier couldn't have been this popular if it weren't for them as it could have been like the last games.
I think story wise I prefer darkengard 3, I just loved it no matter how much the gameplay was horrible.
And I have to admit I also wasn't able to finish the final boss battle... it's just impossible or almost :XD but I gotta admit it was a really nice idea of last battle it fits perfectly with darkengard 3 no matter how much it made us rage and the song was great
Yea darkengard 1 ost was rather lacking compare to 3 , nier and automata but it was the start of this
Amazing serie......and pain.. lots and lots of pain and emotional suffering, but at least it had a lot of memorable stuff unlike 2 were it's just ....there
I-I will pick up the manga eventually, I promise :arf

Yeah I totally agree, thank the gods that he got Platinum Games :XD Interesting, you're the first person I see who prefers the story of Drakengard 3. Can't say I feel the same, thought the characters weren't flashed out enough, nor did we get any real insight into what made Zero tick. Felt like Taro had many good ideas, but the team just couldn't execute it all that well. Like, the Intoners were a pretty cool concept and they weren't half-bad, but they were already dead before you could really start caring for them. Lots and lots of infos about the characters and the world you have to look up in the wiki (or in the supplementary material), that's always a bad sign. Also didn't help that Zero's companions didn't get any attention either and were pretty one-dimensional in my eyes. So yeah, thought Drakengard 3 could have been so much more (both gameplay and story-wise), but still enjoyed it ofc. Really looking forward to Taro's next work, whatever it will be. Would actually love to check out SinoAlice, but ofc they won't localize it over here =/

Agreed about the Drakengard 3, though I think that was almost trolling at the end (I mean you have to click again when the screen is just black and credits start rolling, like wtf :lmao).
And I think Drakengard 1 wasn't so bad, at least the multiple routes were really like Taro, one worse than the other (for the characters and the world) :XD
Have to admit I didn't play 2 because I know Taro wasn't involved there, so it's not part of the official timeline. And heard it's meh, so I never felt like checking it out.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,617
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Visiting pompom perhaps? :heh You still enjoying your second trip, or already back?

So it took me forever to answer... which one thing did you bring back? :XD Looking at stuff from others is nice too, but you're the first person I've seen who's seems so uninterested in buying Otaku stuff.
And you prolly went to more normal places than we did last time lol, wish we had bought Ramen etc. more often bc we were traveling a lot. Meals often were from convenience stores, though tbh they're far far better than anything you could get over here. I wonder, how was the weather over there when you went? Prolly still too warm for stuff like steamed buns, bc holy I loved that stuff during when we went there during our second trip (in march, when it was still relatively cold). Also, did you see a bunch of stands where they sell food? Those places usually have great stuff as well, like Okonomiyaki or crabflesh on a stick.

Think we actually had CoCo curry during our last trip, and I found the one I chose a little bit too spicy. I chose the middle ranged spice and prolly underestimated what the Japanese are used to. Still was tasty though, they do a great job with curry over there.

Totally agreed about the people in Japan, they're almost creepily nice if you compare them to how you're treated in Germany most of the time :lmao I'm not too fond of their general work ethic, but as a customer it definitely is heaven on earth.

No worries, I'm busy but not stressed out. My two jobs are both fun, though ofc I wouldn't mind having a bit more free time (then again, who wouldn't). "Otaku" job is working as an editor and QC for a certain Japanese company.
Yes it was that :sweatdrop I‘ve come back yesterday, was just a week. But a very nice one. :blush Feeling a lot less grumpy overall than I used to be before this all started.

Which reminds me, that was a really cute description of me you wrote in one nomination :XD Thanks :clingy

Just for myself I got one of the japanese lucky charms, a Fire Emblem related book, some small dragon quest slimes, and three manga volumes. Didn't want to overdo it, and some volumes stand nicely on a shelf. I don't think the volumes I got would surprise you much:






There's many other mangas I love, almost took a Made in Abyss volume too. But didn't want to overdo it, so limited myself to 3. Got the ones I wanted for JoJo and KnB, but for Berserk some were sold out :nah Eclipse arc, as well as some later ones. But this one was fine too.

Oh and, the friends I went with ordered the Rero Rero candy from somewhere online:



:wtf

Thought it would taste like some bad cheap candy as many are in germany, but this tastes surprisingly good. Rero-ing one as I write this :lmao

Weather was pretty good. Not too hot, just nice. Only problem was that a few days there was strong rain which ruined my attempt of looking through Akihabara. Got quite wet several times. Also, there was a typhoon going through Japan in some day, and while Tokyo was unaffected by it it still caused a lot of strong winds, and for no reason all stores and restaurants closed much earlier that day. But CoCo is always open for such cases :zomg You can do many different levels of both spiciness and mildness, need to find the one that fits you best.

We did see a bunch of stands with food, close to train stations there's many too. Had some really good ones there for a small snack. My favorite was this one crepes-like thing with bananas, chocolate and ice cream. A strange mix I didn't know I'd like before trying it.

They do treat customers greatly there, but at times I think they try too hard and should take it a bit easier, but that's how it is for them. Sounds like you're enjoying your work in germany, that's great. :nod
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
I-I will pick up the manga eventually, I promise :arf

Yeah I totally agree, thank the gods that he got Platinum Games :XD Interesting, you're the first person I see who prefers the story of Drakengard 3. Can't say I feel the same, thought the characters weren't flashed out enough, nor did we get any real insight into what made Zero tick. Felt like Taro had many good ideas, but the team just couldn't execute it all that well. Like, the Intoners were a pretty cool concept and they weren't half-bad, but they were already dead before you could really start caring for them. Lots and lots of infos about the characters and the world you have to look up in the wiki (or in the supplementary material), that's always a bad sign. Also didn't help that Zero's companions didn't get any attention either and were pretty one-dimensional in my eyes. So yeah, thought Drakengard 3 could have been so much more (both gameplay and story-wise), but still enjoyed it ofc. Really looking forward to Taro's next work, whatever it will be. Would actually love to check out SinoAlice, but ofc they won't localize it over here =/

Agreed about the Drakengard 3, though I think that was almost trolling at the end (I mean you have to click again when the screen is just black and credits start rolling, like wtf :lmao).
And I think Drakengard 1 wasn't so bad, at least the multiple routes were really like Taro, one worse than the other (for the characters and the world) :XD
Have to admit I didn't play 2 because I know Taro wasn't involved there, so it's not part of the official timeline. And heard it's meh, so I never felt like checking it out.
Don't lose hope about SinoAlice it still can make it <_>


About the itoners, yea sad they didn't get much development, but even so they had something going on, like I loved five death, you have no idea how much I laugh at it especially the censors part made it more enjoyable, I also really liked two one and zero, well they had the most going on about them, also did u play drakengard 3 in Jp voices or dubbed one, this question is rather important for zero character as they mess up big with her voice, in the English one she comes off as a brat and ..a bitch simply while she's really not, she extremely calm in the JP one and rarely rises her voices also she more of a mother to the intoners in the JP while in the english one she's like a sis, that could be my biggest problem with drakengard 3 even though it's not yoko fault or his team more like the one that localized the game.
Btw did u read the manga ? It's a continuation of darkengard 3 with one brother.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I need a question answered, more of judgement really, and @niichan only you are really qualified to give it.

So, like you, I now have Jalter. And, like I'm sure you have already, got her up to lvl 90 through some degenerate FGO grinding. So my question is this, is it morally wrong to burn apples and grind QP to skill her up as far as possible while I'm marathoning Dardevil on Netflix.

Or, to ask my question more accurately, should I be ashamed of doing this?:feelsgoodman
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Yes it was that :sweatdrop I‘ve come back yesterday, was just a week. But a very nice one. :blush Feeling a lot less grumpy overall than I used to be before this all started.

Which reminds me, that was a really cute description of me you wrote in one nomination :XD Thanks :clingy

Just for myself I got one of the japanese lucky charms, a Fire Emblem related book, some small dragon quest slimes, and three manga volumes. Didn't want to overdo it, and some volumes stand nicely on a shelf. I don't think the volumes I got would surprise you much:






There's many other mangas I love, almost took a Made in Abyss volume too. But didn't want to overdo it, so limited myself to 3. Got the ones I wanted for JoJo and KnB, but for Berserk some were sold out :nah Eclipse arc, as well as some later ones. But this one was fine too.

Oh and, the friends I went with ordered the Rero Rero candy from somewhere online:



:wtf

Thought it would taste like some bad cheap candy as many are in germany, but this tastes surprisingly good. Rero-ing one as I write this :lmao

Weather was pretty good. Not too hot, just nice. Only problem was that a few days there was strong rain which ruined my attempt of looking through Akihabara. Got quite wet several times. Also, there was a typhoon going through Japan in some day, and while Tokyo was unaffected by it it still caused a lot of strong winds, and for no reason all stores and restaurants closed much earlier that day. But CoCo is always open for such cases :zomg You can do many different levels of both spiciness and mildness, need to find the one that fits you best.

We did see a bunch of stands with food, close to train stations there's many too. Had some really good ones there for a small snack. My favorite was this one crepes-like thing with bananas, chocolate and ice cream. A strange mix I didn't know I'd like before trying it.

They do treat customers greatly there, but at times I think they try too hard and should take it a bit easier, but that's how it is for them. Sounds like you're enjoying your work in germany, that's great. :nod
Haha, that's good to know. I'm sure pompom cheered you up plenty :blush Glad to hear you're feeling a lot better now. Which reminds me, mb I forgot but what are you doing? Studying or working?
And you're welcome, that's my honest opinion :hi5 I remember when you first became active (I think) and I learned about you through a certain staffer complaining that you're rather annoying. I felt somewhat the same from what little I saw or was shown (though can't say I saw much of you lol), and look where we are now :awe

Your selection looks good! Didn't know you're a Berserk fan, but I'm not surprised. It's a series that really deserves all the praise it's getting, in my eyes. Which volumes did you want to get originally? The Eclipse is one of the most memorable moments in manga ever, but it also helps that the Golden Age arc was that well-done in general. Noticed when I saw the movies later, it just wasn't the same with all the cut characterization and interactions.

Not surprised the candy was relatively good lol, I think Japan has a pretty high standard for food and the likes, unlike many western countries (speaking about somewhat cheap/everyday food). I see you really loved that curry :D Reminds me that I actually took a picture of that CoCo one I ate last time:


With shrimp inside... god that was awesome :wtf Sadly we didn't go again, but next time I will surely try a milder spice level :XD
Good to hear the typhoon didn't affect you guys much, I heard about that one. But from the sound of it, you tried lot of things, that's great (besides steamed bun... you gotta try that next time).

And I agree that they try too hard sometimes, but they probably don't know any other way. I think that respect and 100% for society and others is a deep part of their culture, which has its up and downs ofc. Still prefer that a damn lot over Germany.
I'm having fun with my work indeed, I think that's what's most important :nod

Don't lose hope about SinoAlice it still can make it <_>


About the itoners, yea sad they didn't get much development, but even so they had something going on, like I loved five death, you have no idea how much I laugh at it especially the censors part made it more enjoyable, I also really liked two one and zero, well they had the most going on about them, also did u play drakengard 3 in Jp voices or dubbed one, this question is rather important for zero character as they mess up big with her voice, in the English one she comes off as a brat and ..a bitch simply while she's really not, she extremely calm in the JP one and rarely rises her voices also she more of a mother to the intoners in the JP while in the english one she's like a sis, that could be my biggest problem with drakengard 3 even though it's not yoko fault or his team more like the one that localized the game.
Btw did u read the manga ? It's a continuation of darkengard 3 with one brother.
I never lose hope, but I prefer to keep my expectations low in this case :8C

Yeah, obviously Two/One/Zero were the best ones bc they were the most fleshed-out. Kinda sad that all of them die almost as soon as you meet them xD And ofc I played with japanese voices, so I know what sort of character Zero is, that she is actually a rather soft person under her hard shell. Never tried the dub, I usually prefer the jap almost all of the time bc they tend to have better voice-acting, in my eyes.
And nope, didn't read the manga. Drakengard 3 wasn't so amazing that I felt like I had to look at all the other stuff, and I was mostly interested about what led to Nier tbh, so that's where my priority is.

Talking about this one here:


Hey desy, how are you? :hug

I need a question answered, more of judgement really, and @niichan only you are really qualified to give it.

So, like you, I now have Jalter. And, like I'm sure you have already, got her up to lvl 90 through some degenerate FGO grinding. So my question is this, is it morally wrong to burn apples and grind QP to skill her up as far as possible while I'm marathoning Dardevil on Netflix.

Or, to ask my question more accurately, should I be ashamed of doing this?:feelsgoodman
No, it's morally right to dedicate time and apples to level her up :pleased

Though I didn't have to do much of that, because I saved like 80% of the XP cards I got during NeroFest, so that I could level her up directly in case I got her. So on the very first day I got her to lvl 100, max fou'd her, and then got her skills to 10/10/10 :XD I underestimated the QP cost though, for the last two skill levels I had to farm QP bc damn, 20 million alone just for lvl 10...? Thought I had enough, but 220 million QP wasn't enough, apparently. Now I got like 5m QP left, first time I realize how badly you need QP for everything :neutral

So as a short answer, you shouldn't be ashamed of yourself, bc Jalter is precious, a top waifu, and a great unit as well. There's absolutely no reason to not level her :D
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
@niichan
How many times have you had this exact conversation?

 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii
Top