Only a 7, huh? You're a hard judge

What are anime you've given a rating of 8 or 9? And how would you compare it to Fairy Tail?

But glad you enjoyed it :3
Gilgamesh is a bit miss or hit for me. Most of the time he's an arrogant and condescending prick, so not really the kind of character I like. It's sort of taken to the extreme with him, and while some like his savagery, it's just a bit too much in my eyes lol. He's "better" in other Fate works though.
UBW (the anime) is definitely inferior to Zero, so I'm not sure how fond you would be of that Fate show. Also not happy how they handled some later parts, made the central conflict sort of look stupid in my eyes. Kinda necessary if you want to fully enjoy the Heaven's Feel movies though, which I'm sure are just what you're looking for (some very dark shit happening). Well you only gave Zero a 7, so I'm not sure if you're even interested in other Fate works, but if you are then UBW -> Heaven's Feel is what you should go with (bc I highly doubt you would read the Visual Novel, which still is the best experience in my eyes

).
Other Fate anime are all spinoffs taking place in a different "dimensions", and they're pretty much all inferior to the main story overall. Only thing I feel is worth recommending is Fate/Kaleid Liner which is Illya as a magical girl. Goes more darker and serious as the story progresses, but also has a good load of loli fanservice, so people are divided on that front lol.