A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work


  • Total voters
    20

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Nii if I am to be a Fate expert like you what should I do?

The first step i can think is playing the Visual Novel of Fate Stay Night and seeing all Fate Anime :hmm

Other than that??
Why do you want to be a Fate expert? :XD

There's also some manga and LN you could read, but you should be good for the most part if you've seen the anime and read the VN. I guess you should also play Fate/Grand Order, if you really want to experience everything.

Well the one I want, I definitely can't afford it, so I saving, know that my parents won't allow me to get an expensive pc at my age... so I'm saving to get an expensive pc :evil
It won't matter if it's form my savings.


Btw

:emobirb
Well we still don't know when the game will be but it's most likely going to be close to xmas ...
Saving your own money for a new PC? That's cool, but also annoying I imagine :XD Hang in there Asa, I'm sure you'll make it eventually :nod

If it start shortly before Christmas, then I fear participating won't make much sense from my side :( Will likely be staying with a bunch family members for a couple of days around that time, and access to the net will likely be limited. No need to adjust the date just for me though, what matters is that you guys have the necessary time to handle the game. I know from my own experience how taxing that can be lol.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,617
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Why do you want to be a Fate expert? :XD
I mean I maybe understand him. After Stay Night, UBW and Zero(watched in that order) I was intrigued enough to delve into the light novels and other Fate things, but ended up not doing it. Had I done I‘d prolly have gotten confused about all the endless parallel world things and plot direction.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I mean I maybe understand him. After Stay Night, UBW and Zero(watched in that order) I was intrigued enough to delve into the light novels and other Fate things, but ended up not doing it. Had I done I‘d prolly have gotten confused about all the endless parallel world things and plot direction.
I think that's something people just get wrong, but I agree that looking at it from the outside can seem very confusing (when it actually isn't).

Personally I believe it's quite simple, and tbh you only need to read the Fate/Stay Night VN to delve into any of the other Fate entries. What makes this complicated is that the VN is quite long, and has never been fully animated (which leads to anime-onlies missing some important plot points). Should be more easy once the last Heavens Feel anime film is released next year. UBW and Heavens Feel are enough to jump into any other entry, in my eyes.

You can see it like this:

1. Fate/Zero -> Fate/Stay Night VN (Fate/UBW/Heavens Feel) -> Fate/Hollow Ataraxia VN [these are the original works and main entry, and the only one with a chronological order. It's by far the most important, and you're gucci once you're done with this. Anything else is just an extra and can be viewed/read/played in any order.]

2. Fate/Extra [It's own thing in it's own universe. Has sort-of sequels, they're all games]

3. Fate/Kaleid Liner [It's own thing in it's own universe. The manga has been adapted to anime for the most part]

4. Fate/Apocrypha [It's own thing in it's own universe. The Light Novels have been adapted to anime, the story here's done. And yes, it's easily the worst entry in the whole franchise, if you ask me.]

5. Fate/Grand Order [It's own thing in it's own world. A currently ongoing phone game, and their money-printing machine]

There's a bit more stuff than this, but that can safely be ignored until you want to delve into this universe to the absolute full extent. As you can see, it's actually quite simple if you're aware that everything besides Zero/Stay Night/Hollow Ataraxia is just a spinoff. I want to stress that everything else is strictly it's own thing.
What makes this so overwhelming is that most of these spinoffs have multiple entries and anime adaptations, and as I mentioned above, that the original work has never been fully adapted to anime.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
I think that's something people just get wrong, but I agree that looking at it from the outside can seem very confusing (when it actually isn't).

Personally I believe it's quite simple, and tbh you only need to read the Fate/Stay Night VN to delve into any of the other Fate entries. What makes this complicated is that the VN is quite long, and has never been fully animated (which leads to anime-onlies missing some important plot points). Should be more easy once the last Heavens Feel anime film is released next year. UBW and Heavens Feel are enough to jump into any other entry, in my eyes.

You can see it like this:

Fate/Zero -> Fate/Stay Night VN (Fate/UBW/Heavens Feel) -> Fate/Hollow Ataraxia VN [these are the original works and main entry, and the only one with a chronological order. It's by far the most important, and you're gucci once you're done with this. Anything else is just an extra and can be viewed/read/played in any order.]

Fate/Extra [It's own thing in it's own universe. Has sort-of sequels, they're all games]

Fate/Kaleid Liner [It's own thing in it's own universe. The manga has been adapted to anime for the most part]

Fate/Apocrypha [It's own thing in it's own universe. The Light Novels have been adapted to anime, the story here's done. And yes, it's easily the worst entry in the whole franchise, if you ask me.]

Fate/Grand Order [It's own thing in it's own world. A currently ongoing phone game, and their money-printing machine]

There's a bit more stuff than this, but that can safely be ignored until you want to delve into this universe to the absolute full extent. As you can see, it's actually quite simple if you're aware that everything besides Zero/Stay Night/Hollow Ataraxia is just a spinoff. I want to stress that everything else is strictly it's own thing.
What makes this so overwhelming is that most of these spinoffs have multiple entries and anime adaptations, and as I mentioned above, that the original work has never been fully adapted to anime.
It looks Lot clearer now.

My point is now to play the VN, first then all other things.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,617
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Nii there‘s way too many pics, would be too bothersome to put up all. Anything specific interesting you? In April was sakura tree blossom time so there‘s many nature pics, then Tokyo city pics, Okinawa beaches etc. :arf
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Nii there‘s way too many pics, would be too bothersome to put up all. Anything specific interesting you? In April was sakura tree blossom time so there‘s many nature pics, then Tokyo city pics, Okinawa beaches etc. :arf
I'm cool with everything you think is worth sharing :nod I was there in march (not this year) too, sakura trees in full bloom are really beautiful :pleased Curious about Okinawa though :3 And Tokyo pics can't be bad either, haha. I'll enjoy the pics anyway, so don't worry : D

Will respond to that PM tomorrow btw, didn't really have the time yet :(
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Wait, @revo are you playing Fate Grand Order? :o
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The game? Played it a bit, thanks of a friend, that one introduced me to the anime :^_^
Wait you and I never talked about Fate? :0
We definitely didn't xD But that's interesting, seems more and more people are introduced to Fate through Grand Order lol. So which anime did you watch, and what did you think about it? :3
 

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2017
Messages
2,270
Reaction score
21,074
Age
28
Gender
Female
Country
Argentina
We definitely didn't xD But that's interesting, seems more and more people are introduced to Fate through Grand Order lol. So which anime did you watch, and what did you think about it? :3
Going to confess you: it's such a mess with the seasons I started with Fate/Zero and people told me I had to go with /stay night :XD hopefully I finally got how to watch it but there are quite many lol, enjoying it so far, especially the animations.

I need to know the answer from you: who is your ultimate fave Fate girl? I know your love for Emiya but not the rest.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Going to confess you: it's such a mess with the seasons I started with Fate/Zero and people told me I had to go with /stay night :XD hopefully I finally got how to watch it but there are quite many lol, enjoying it so far, especially the animations.

I need to know the answer from you: who is your ultimate fave Fate girl? I know your love for Emiya but not the rest.
lol, so in what order did you watch/are you watching the anime? :XD Most of the anime out there are seperate things, but some things are rather important. I always recommend the original work, the Visual Novel, but I understand that for many people it's a bigger step than simply watching an anime.

Hmm, nowadays that's not exactly the most easy question haha, From the main three, it's definitely Sakura. There's Saber (Alter) too, or Jeanne Alter. BB is another good candidate. Okita Alter is one more good pick (as you can see, I like Alters lol). Think those are the ones in the top group for me, basically : D
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
An alternate question, if you will, who is your favorite alter?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,617
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
First wave of random beach pics in Okinawa, one of them is the sight from the balcony of our place there.

















Idk if I'll put up more, since due to some bugs many pics are broken. There were a lot more Okinawa pics than that but oh well.

Also had to exclude the pics I was on :ninja
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,662
Reaction score
31,926
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Best Fate Work? Argh I am confused!!!!!!!! :arf
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Best Fate Work? Argh I am confused!!!!!!!! :arf
You think your confused now. Just wait until @Nii hits you with the real list. He really showed a lot of restraint with that poll.


Fate/stay night2004-01Visual Novel
Fate/hollow ataraxia2005-10Visual Novel
Fate/stay night2005-12Manga
Fate/stay night2006-012006-06Anime
Fate/school life2006-11Manga
Fate/Zero2006-122007-12Light Novel
Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA2007-092008-11Manga
Fate/strange fake2008-04April Fools Story
Fate/unlimited codes2008-06Video Game
Fate/tiger colosseum2008-08Video Game
Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA 2wei!2009-042012-03Manga
Fate/Zero Special Drama CDs2009-082010-02Sound Drama
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works2010-01Anime Film
Fate/Extra2010-07Video Game
Fate/Zero2010-122017-06Manga
Carnival Phantasm2011-082012-07Anime
Fate/Zero2011-102012-06Anime
Fate/Prototype2011-12Anime Short
Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA 3rei!!2012-05OngoingManga
Fate/Apocrypha2012-122014-12Light Novel
Fate/Extra CCC2013-03Video Game
Fate/hollow ataraxia2013-05OngoingManga
Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver2013-072016-09Light Novel
Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA2013-072013-09Anime
Fate/Extra CCC Fox Tail2013-10OngoingManga
Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA 2wei!2014-072014-09Anime
Fate/Prototype Drama CD: On-Ship Christmas Murder Case2014-12Sound Drama
Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works2014-122015-04Anime
Lord El-Melloi II Case Files2014-12OngoingLight Novel
Fate/strange fake2015-01OngoingLight Novel
Fate/strange fake2015-01OngoingManga
Fate/Labyrinth2015-042015-06Light Novel
Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA 2wei! Herz2015-072015-09Anime
Fate/Grand Order2015-07OngoingMobile Game
Today's Menu for Emiya Family2016-01OngoingManga
Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA 3rei!!2016-072016-09Anime
Fate/Extella2016-11Video Game
Fate/Grand Order -First Order-2016-12Anime Short
Fate/Apocrypha2017-072017-12Anime
Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA Oath of Snow2017-08Anime Film[1]
Fate/stay night Heaven's Feel: I. Presage flower2017-10Anime Film[2]
Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver2017-10OngoingSound Drama
Fate/Grand Order x Himuro's Universe
Seven Most Powerful Great Figures Chapter
2017-12Anime Short[3]
Fate/Grand Order -Moonlight/Lostroom-2017-12Anime Short[3]
Today's Menu for Emiya Family2018-012019-01ONA Series
Fate/Extra Last Encore2018-012018-07Anime
Fate/Extella Link2018-06Video Game
Fate/Grand Order Arcade2018-07Arcade game
Fate/Requiem2018-12Light Novel
Lord El-Melloi II Case Files -Rail Zeppelin Grace Note-
A Grave Keeper, a Cat, and a Mage
2018-12Anime Special
Learn with Manga! FGO2018-12Anime Special
Fate/stay night Heaven's Feel: II. Lost Butterfly2019-01Anime Film
Lord El-Melloi II Case Files -Rail Zeppelin Grace Note-2019-07Anime
Fate/Grand Order -The Absolute Demon Battlefront Babylonia-
Initium Iter
2019-08Anime Special
Fate/Grand Order -The Absolute Demon Battlefront Babylonia-2019-10Anime
Fate/Grand Order
-The Sacred Round Table Realm Camelot- Wandering; Agateram
2020Anime Film
Fate/Grand Order
-The Sacred Round Table Realm Camelot- Paladin; Agateram
TBAAnime Film
Fate/stay night Heaven's Feel: III. Spring Song
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,662
Reaction score
31,926
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Omg yes :heh
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Moments like this make me happy to be just a TM casual.

(Here I am just waiting for the Tsukihime remake to get more of my Hisui.)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
An alternate question, if you will, who is your favorite alter?
Heh xD That would be Saber Alter I guess, she's the original after all.

First wave of random beach pics in Okinawa, one of them is the sight from the balcony of our place there.

















Idk if I'll put up more, since due to some bugs many pics are broken. There were a lot more Okinawa pics than that but oh well.

Also had to exclude the pics I was on :ninja
Looks nice and calming, thanks :pleased Did you also visit the Shuri castle that burned down today? Sad news :(

Don't be shy Gry, show your face : D

You think your confused now. Just wait until @Nii hits you with the real list. He really showed a lot of restraint with that poll.


Fate/stay night2004-01Visual Novel
Fate/hollow ataraxia2005-10Visual Novel
Fate/stay night2005-12Manga
Fate/stay night2006-012006-06Anime
Fate/school life2006-11Manga
Fate/Zero2006-122007-12Light Novel
Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA2007-092008-11Manga
Fate/strange fake2008-04April Fools Story
Fate/unlimited codes2008-06Video Game
Fate/tiger colosseum2008-08Video Game
Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA 2wei!2009-042012-03Manga
Fate/Zero Special Drama CDs2009-082010-02Sound Drama
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works2010-01Anime Film
Fate/Extra2010-07Video Game
Fate/Zero2010-122017-06Manga
Carnival Phantasm2011-082012-07Anime
Fate/Zero2011-102012-06Anime
Fate/Prototype2011-12Anime Short
Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA 3rei!!2012-05OngoingManga
Fate/Apocrypha2012-122014-12Light Novel
Fate/Extra CCC2013-03Video Game
Fate/hollow ataraxia2013-05OngoingManga
Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver2013-072016-09Light Novel
Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA2013-072013-09Anime
Fate/Extra CCC Fox Tail2013-10OngoingManga
Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA 2wei!2014-072014-09Anime
Fate/Prototype Drama CD: On-Ship Christmas Murder Case2014-12Sound Drama
Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works2014-122015-04Anime
Lord El-Melloi II Case Files2014-12OngoingLight Novel
Fate/strange fake2015-01OngoingLight Novel
Fate/strange fake2015-01OngoingManga
Fate/Labyrinth2015-042015-06Light Novel
Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA 2wei! Herz2015-072015-09Anime
Fate/Grand Order2015-07OngoingMobile Game
Today's Menu for Emiya Family2016-01OngoingManga
Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA 3rei!!2016-072016-09Anime
Fate/Extella2016-11Video Game
Fate/Grand Order -First Order-2016-12Anime Short
Fate/Apocrypha2017-072017-12Anime
Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA Oath of Snow2017-08Anime Film[1]
Fate/stay night Heaven's Feel: I. Presage flower2017-10Anime Film[2]
Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver2017-10OngoingSound Drama
Fate/Grand Order x Himuro's Universe
Seven Most Powerful Great Figures Chapter
2017-12Anime Short[3]
Fate/Grand Order -Moonlight/Lostroom-2017-12Anime Short[3]
Today's Menu for Emiya Family2018-012019-01ONA Series
Fate/Extra Last Encore2018-012018-07Anime
Fate/Extella Link2018-06Video Game
Fate/Grand Order Arcade2018-07Arcade game
Fate/Requiem2018-12Light Novel
Lord El-Melloi II Case Files -Rail Zeppelin Grace Note-
A Grave Keeper, a Cat, and a Mage
2018-12Anime Special
Learn with Manga! FGO2018-12Anime Special
Fate/stay night Heaven's Feel: II. Lost Butterfly2019-01Anime Film
Lord El-Melloi II Case Files -Rail Zeppelin Grace Note-2019-07Anime
Fate/Grand Order -The Absolute Demon Battlefront Babylonia-
Initium Iter
2019-08Anime Special
Fate/Grand Order -The Absolute Demon Battlefront Babylonia-2019-10Anime
Fate/Grand Order
-The Sacred Round Table Realm Camelot- Wandering; Agateram
2020Anime Film
Fate/Grand Order
-The Sacred Round Table Realm Camelot- Paladin; Agateram
TBAAnime Film
Fate/stay night Heaven's Feel: III. Spring Song
I mean, a lot of that is just the same story but different medium. Lists like that make it look way more complicated than it actually is.

Main story:

Fate/Stay Night Visual Novel (great, if you read this you can basically watch and read everything else)
Fate/Stay Night manga (can safely be ignored)
Fate/Stay Night anime + UBW movie (this shit is bad, seriously)
Fate/Stay Night UBW anime (another anime adapting part of the VN, good but not great)
Fate/Stay Night: Heavens Feel movies (great, not done until 2020 though)
Fate/Zero Light Novel and manga (good, but not at all needed)
Fate/Zero Anime (really good)
Fate/Hollow Ataraxia Visual Novel (really good)

And that's it. Everything else are just spinoffs and adaptations of spinoffs. I could easily make a comprehensible and concise list, but I doubt anyone would care all that much, so whatever :p Like usually with big franchises, there's a real lot of obscure stuff, or things you just don't need to read or watch at all.
 

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
GOD DAMNIT NII. ARE YOU EVER GONNA PLAY CICONIA OR WAT?!
IDGAF HOW BUSY YOU ARE AND HOW TIMES THIS HAS BEEN REPLIED.
YOU FOOL. YOU CAN'T SIMPLY WAIT ON CICONIA PHASE ONE.
UNFORGIVABLE NII. FREAKING UNFORGIVABLE!!!!!!!!
DO YOU HEAR ME NII...
DO YOU FREAKING HEAR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOW
GO
START
CICONIA
FOOL.

THE GREATNESS OF A CHARACTER STARTED WITH THE LETTER J AND FREAKING WAIFU MATERIAL FOREVER, IS WAITING FOR YOU.
THE ADORABLENESS OF NAIMA WHICH SHOULD BE PROTECTED AT ALL COST, IS WAITING FOR YOU.
THE FUCKING NUN TRIO'S LOVE IS WAITING FOR YOU.
THE FREAKING MIYAO AND JAYDEN FUNNYNESS IS WAITING FOR YOU.

AND SO FREAKING ON...................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




In the meantime I will leave some fanarts here, you might have already seen a few, but better seeing them twice then once~
Listen to this while you check them out~


































^ If he turns out like that, I swear this guy will be fucking awesome af, damn. I like the artist idea with this LOL.













last but not least...

......
....
...
.


This will perfectly do.

The artworks belongs to the respective owners.



Enjoy putting everything in the spoiler tag~


~
​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like
Reactions: Nii
Top