Fantasy - Acnologia vs Zeref(FH) | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Acnologia vs Zeref(FH)

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I believe I never claimed Zeref was superior, at all, just that he's unkillable if what he says is true.

Nemispelled

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Not dying isnt the same as not losing. Zeref didnt die in his fight against Natsu, but i think we can all agree that he was completely and utterly crushed by his baby bro. And Zeref didnt say it'd be a never ending battle, he said even though he wouldnt die, he would still be Acnologia's plaything, his helpless little toy to torture or do whatever with whenever he wants, i'd definitely call ending up like that, a loss.

Well, I guess it depends on how you view "a loss". Personally for me, I think that a win/loss is determined by the life/death factor. Pretty much, I see this as a fight to the death. As long as one candidate can still eventually fight, they still have a chance.

With that said, I mostly agree with @M3J's perspective in this match-up.

Zeref's body will always be capable of regeneration. Acnologia can't just attack Zeref for eternity, because his magic supply is vast, but surely limited. Eventually, Acnologia will exhaust his magic power and start to run out of it.

Zeref is not only immortal, but he also has an infinite supply of magic (FH).

So it's practically impossible for Acnologia to win. They can only tie.

I would agree with your conclusion if the OP said that "a win" can be achieved by a simple knock out or exhaustion. But without any clarification, I always assume that the winner has to permanently defeat their opponent, which is basically a death for me.

As much as I hate it, Zeref does have immortality at his possession (courtesy of Ankhseram); therefore, I still consider the result to be a tie.

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well, I guess it depends on how you view "a loss". Personally for me, I think that a win/loss is determined by the life/death factor. Pretty much, I see this as a fight to the death. As long as one candidate can still eventually fight, they still have a chance.

With that said, I mostly agree with @M3J's perspective in this match-up.

Zeref's body will always be capable of regeneration. Acnologia can't just attack Zeref for eternity, because his magic supply is vast, but surely limited. Eventually, Acnologia will exhaust his magic power and start to run out of it.

Zeref is not only immortal, but he also has an infinite supply of magic (FH).

So it's practically impossible for Acnologia to win. They can only tie.

I would agree with your conclusion if the OP said that "a win" can be achieved by a simple knock out or exhaustion. But without any clarification, I always assume that the winner has to permanently defeat their opponent, which is basically a death for me.

As much as I hate it, Zeref does have immortality at his possession (courtesy of Ankhseram); therefore, I still consider the result to be a tie.
So Natsu didnt win against Zeref then?

Nah, magic isnt that limited, it regenerates over time as long as there is ethernano in the world, and against the likes of Zeref, the rate Acno's MP regenerates would imo FAR exceed the amount he'd have to spend crushing the guy
Imo, if Acnologia regens 50 units of MP per second, he'd spend about 5 units of MP tearing Zeref to pieces, meaning yeah, he could tear Zeref apart for all eternity, just like Zeref feared.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
So Natsu didnt win against Zeref then?

Nah, magic isnt limited, it regenerates over time as long as there is ethernano in the world, and against the likes of Zeref, the rate Acno's MP regenerates would imo FAR exceed the amount he'd have to spend crushing the guy
Imo, if Acnologia regens 50 units of MP per second, he'd spend about 5 units of MP tearing Zeref to pieces, meaning yeah, he could tear Zeref apart for all eternity, just like Zeref feared.

Natsu beat Zeref in the sense that he was able to exhaust him. For the FT tournament's sake, I considered it a win for Natsu because the conditions say that you simply have to "immobilize" or "knock out" your opponent.

For Domus Flau, my conditions are different. I believe that, in order to definitively win a match, the candidate must permanently defeat or take out their opponent.

As for Acnologia, it depends on how hard he is trying.

If he is casually stomping on Zeref, then neither of them are getting anywhere. Which is why I would consider this battle a tie.

If Acnologia is exerting as much magic power as possible in an attempt to kill Zeref, then he will be the first to exhaust his magic supply. Either way, both of them are at a complete standstill, so that is why I agree with those saying that it's "a draw".

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
What I wanna know is, could Zeref have healed from that or was he permanently down? And if he was that damaged and if Natsu followed up with another attack of at least equal power, would it have killed Zeref? Because all we have is unproven hype from Zeref that Acnologia would be unable to kill Zeref no matter what, but he also said Natsu would have the power to kill him as ENd and when he used Igneel's powerup.

EmberSpirit

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
What I wanna know is, could Zeref have healed from that or was he permanently down? And if he was that damaged and if Natsu followed up with another attack of at least equal power, would it have killed Zeref? Because all we have is unproven hype from Zeref that Acnologia would be unable to kill Zeref no matter what, but he also said Natsu would have the power to kill him as ENd and when he used Igneel's powerup.
Zeref referred to FDKM as power of "dead". He believed there was a chance for him to die because the power was from a dead being. It is the same with END.

Zeref survived cellular disintegration, whether it was damage or some logia type crap he pulled, no doubt he was immortal. Flame burning time part was just bullshit but he was going to recover if it wasn't for Mavis.

He probably tried everything to kill himself. If a dragon could do it, he would just walk right into it, there would be no point to creating etherious.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I don't think he'd let himself be killed by Acnologia though, Zeref would rather kill Acnologia before dying to keep the world safe. Fairy Heart was just to give him enough power to beat Acnologia instead of being his punching bag.

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Zeref referred to FDKM as power of "dead". He believed there was a chance for him to die because the power was from a dead being. It is the same with END.

Zeref survived cellular disintegration, whether it was damage or some logia type crap he pulled, no doubt he was immortal. Flame burning time part was just bullshit but he was going to recover if it wasn't for Mavis.

He probably tried everything to kill himself. If a dragon could do it, he would just walk right into it, there would be no point to creating etherious.
But is a plot hole itself how can a fraction of ingeel power can kill zeref but a full power acno can't?

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
But is a plot hole itself how can a fraction of ingeel power can kill zeref but a full power acno can't?
Because it is the power of dead which bypasses Zeref's immortality.

Acnologia doesn't have the power of dead so he can't can kill Acnologia even if he can defeat Zeref.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
Because it is the power of dead which bypasses Zeref's immortality.

Acnologia doesn't have the power of dead so he can't can kill Acnologia even if he can defeat Zeref.
He has the power to take souls apparently

EmberSpirit

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
What we know for a fact is: Etherion is greater or at least equal to the magic power of all the people in the continent, since it can activate r system.

Just FH alone is enough to fire infinite number of etherions

Acnologia sucks. He lost because of one etherion's worth of magic power. FH Zeref has infinite more. Without stupidity FH Zeref would destroy this guy even if he had the timelapse:kappa

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
What we know for a fact is: Etherion is greater or at least equal to the magic power of all the people in the continent, since it can activate r system.

Just FH alone is enough to fire infinite number of etherions

Acnologia sucks. He lost because of one etherion's worth of magic power. FH Zeref has infinite more. Without stupidity FH Zeref would destroy this guy even if he had the timelapse:kappa

its a tie.

both of them suck ass.

EmberSpirit

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

its a tie.

both of them suck ass.
Acnologia's dragon form shattering like glass will be forever imprinted in hall of shame :derp It deserves to stand next to that War God who got the same treatment.
Hey, at least Zeref didn't get disintegrated, wait he did at one point :kappa He lost against reality warping flames unlike Mr Destruction who lost in a contest of power :kappa

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Acnologia's dragon form shattering like glass will be forever imprinted in hall of shame :derp
Hey, at least Zeref didn't get disintegrated :kappa He lost against reality warping flames unlike Mr Destruction who lost in a contest of power :kappa
Cringe :yodawg

But yeah, I agree.

Still a tie in my book.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
Simple anco is stronger he was oneshotted by 7DSM natsu zeref was oneshotted by base natsu :derp but then again base natsu>7DSM natsu but it's whatever

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
@Jean Grey got it right.

Both are failed villains, with failed feats, with embarrassing hype, with zero impressiveness.

In my book, they both tie this match.

Not because it's a close one, but just because both of them are losers.