Of course they don't. You think corporate Democrats (who are almost the exact same as Republicans) want someone who's calling for change that just so happens to be a little left on the spectrum? Lmao nope.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Well the DNC is a dumpster fire and the hastag of #VoteBlueNoMatterWho is idiotic to say the very least.
Haven't really followed the DNC but from what I've read it seems like there is broad consensus over the event going pretty well in general. Seems like a win for biden to boost. Under slightly different circumstances I'd agree with that being an idiotic hashtag.
I think it was mostly an embarrassment that was completely out of touch with real issues. I do think Biden's speech was the highlight though, most of everything else was pretty painful to watch. Does anyone think trotting out nothing but celebrities and musicians attracts voters? I don't get it.
There was very little concrete policy talked about as well. They're still going with this "well he/she isn't Trump" tactic, that just scares the shit out of me honestly. And the canned response to whenever this gets brought up is "check out my website"... Biden is definitely more liked than Hillary, but this sort of tactic failed last time and it can fail again.
There was very little concrete policy talked about as well. They're still going with this "well he/she isn't Trump" tactic, that just scares the shit out of me honestly. And the canned response to whenever this gets brought up is "check out my website"... Biden is definitely more liked than Hillary, but this sort of tactic failed last time and it can fail again.
In the words of Hamilton "if you stand for nothing Burr Biden, what will you fall for?" If Trump had any more than 3 brain cells and actually capable people behind him this election should be rather easy to win. Right now I would still bet my money on him but before Corona it would have been everything I own. Now it would be only as much as I can afford to lose.
Of course they don't. You think corporate Democrats (who are almost the exact same as Republicans) want someone who's calling for change that just so happens to be a little left on the spectrum? Lmao nope.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Well the DNC is a dumpster fire and the hastag of #VoteBlueNoMatterWho is idiotic to say the very least.
Rhetorical statement, I know all that. It's the main reason they're trying to make sure Bernie doesn't win either.
Wonder what's going to happen if Biden loses this one as well. Will the Dems realize they have to do self-reflection, or will they just continue as usual knowing Trump can't seek another term?
Rhetorical statement, I know all that. It's the main reason they're trying to make sure Bernie doesn't win either.
Wonder what's going to happen if Biden loses this one as well. Will the Dems realize they have to do self-reflection, or will they just continue as usual knowing Trump can't seek another term?
I think it was mostly an embarrassment that was completely out of touch with real issues. I do think Biden's speech was the highlight though, most of everything else was pretty painful to watch. Does anyone think trotting out nothing but celebrities and musicians attracts voters? I don't get it.
Political conventions have served no real purpose for decades now and are basically just prime time ads for the political parties. Well guess what? COVID-19 has finally turned them literally into party advertisements: just a bunch of prerecorded segments edited together into a 2-hour infomercial.
And it’s great! The pace is livelier than live conventions; more people get to speak since their segments can be more tightly controlled; and in an era of media sophistication I’ll bet viewers like it better. They know perfectly well how it’s being put together and they don’t mind.
Political conventions have served no real purpose for decades now and are basically just prime time ads for the political parties. Well guess what? COVID-19 has finally turned them literally into party advertisements: just a bunch of prerecorded segments edited together into a 2-hour infomercial.
And it’s great! The pace is livelier than live conventions; more people get to speak since their segments can be more tightly controlled; and in an era of media sophistication I’ll bet viewers like it better. They know perfectly well how it’s being put together and they don’t mind.
I think the average voter, and especially independent voter, has no interest in being entertained by political propagandists. I know for me, the pace being livelier isn't going to make me more likely to vote for Biden, and it's going to do nothing for the obstacles we're facing today either. I don't relish being a stick in the mud but...
Rhetorical statement, I know all that. It's the main reason they're trying to make sure Bernie doesn't win either.
Wonder what's going to happen if Biden loses this one as well. Will the Dems realize they have to do self-reflection, or will they just continue as usual knowing Trump can't seek another term?
More like, it seems Kellyanne stepped down because of her daughter exposing Kellyanne and George as abusive trash. George also stepped back from Project LIncoln as well.
More like, it seems Kellyanne stepped down because of her daughter exposing Kellyanne and George as abusive trash. George also stepped back from Project LIncoln as well.
Abusive trash??? where are you getting that from? The daughter is obviously doing it for attention too... Her political inclinations will change over time, at that age you obviously follow whatever every kid your age does...
I think its commendable that they didnt share the same opinions while being high profile politicians and even more commendable to be stepping down for the sake of the family...
To be fair, even though the couple apparently never appeared to fight on air, it's not a stretch that their political positions would cause strain with their daughter in the middle. Both are conservatives but one pretty much is an unhinged trump fanatic and the other is responsible for some of the most effective anti trump adds in the country. being caught in the middle of that can't have been easy....
To be fair, even though the couple apparently never appeared to fight on air, it's not a stretch that their political positions would cause strain with their daughter in the middle. Both are conservatives but one pretty much is an unhinged trump fanatic and the other is responsible for some of the most effective anti trump adds in the country. being caught in the middle of that can't have been easy....
I sympathize the situation.. imagine a 15 year old at the dinner table with their parents fighting over what was said, etc..... which is why it is indeed a good thing the Conways are stepping back and giving her attention.. both of them are letting their political careers away to achieve whats important... parenting can be extremely hard and clearly the daughter needs them at this point.
Thats what democracy is... in a diverse nation, identity politics cannot be avoided. Same in India, those who criticize identity politics are aligned to the party that is catering to the majority.. BJP, the ruling party claims to be done with identity politics, but everything they do has to do with that...
Democracy essentially is a popularity contest, and what rings a tune with the people the most is the what relates to them... that will never stop.