Wanting your people to stop being murdered ISN'T the blackmail. It's the "I have this thing that will harm you unless you do what I say." part. The thing in this scenario is: the vote that will determine whether democracy dies or not.
Though admittedly, I used the wrong word. It isn't blackmail. Blackmail is specifically secret info that you're holding in order to force someone to do what you want under fear of having said info leaked. A better word would be extortion: obtaining something from someone through force or threats. In other words: "I'm threatening to vote Republican or not vote Democrat if you don't support Palestine."
That's unfortunate, but I'm not that torn up about it (anymore). Because I underestimated just how much more of us than there are than you. You know 400 THOUSAND people have just registered to vote in 24 hours just because Taylor Swift said so? How many of those 400k are anti Democrat do you think? How many are running around with watermelon face paint or keffiyeh?
Take note that vandalism, virtue signaling, anti-semitism, threats to throw the election, and a self-immolation was all negged by a single tweet from a pop star. I know it sounds like I'm rubbing it in, but I'm actually not, I'm just being so real with you right now: don't let perfect be the enemy of good. You can't win people over to your side the way you guys have been trying. You're just ostracizing normies and guaranteeing you'll never have the votes to get anything done.
Learn this lesson for the next time.
Democracy has been dead for decades, and the fact that Dems, supposedly the last defense for democracy, have been funding cops and trying to outlaw BDS and criticisms against Zionism under the threat of police violence proved it. What they're doing is not blackmail, just like anyone they have a condition for voting for someone, and if that person doesn't meet the condition, then why should they vote for them? You keep claiming democracy is at risk, but if you keep forcing or shaming people into voting for someone that they don't want to vote for, how is that democracy? If Harris says she all of the sudden supports banning abortion and is against LGBT+ rights, things that you're again, would you still vote for her?
That's not extortion either. What you're doing is more of an extortion than a group of people who vote based on what they agree with, like with any other voter. Or most of them anyway.
Anti-Semitism from whom? Far more Palestinian supporters have defended Jewish people than Zionists and Zionist supporters, and IOF themselves have attacked Jewish people who sided with Palestine. Ironic of you to talk about learning lessons when Dems lost embarrassingly in 2016, and because they haven't learned their lesson 2024 is closer than it should be, Harris at 50% and Trump at 46% I think. There's no way this should be that close when we saw what happened during his presidency and the four years after.
It's actually embarrassing how bad Dems are at politics. They can actually tell Israel to stop attacking Palestinians and get a ceasefire going, which would help them, but they refuse to do that because they care more about Israel's money than winning.
I'm not talking about newsfeeds, I'm talking about what kind of impact it'll have. I don't believe there's a notable contingent of voters going "wow they keep trying to kill him, I NEED to vote for this guy" who aren't already voting for him.
I think it'll make some people think, "they're trying to kill this guy. Must be for a reason, he might actually be a good choice and the establishment is scared of that!"
I'm surprised no one brought up the detonated pagers yet. It's... pretty fucked up.
Israel has been doing far far worse to Palestinians, they commit war crimes after war crimes because they know they can get away with it. Zionists were rioting being told they couldn't rape prisoners, if I remember correctly, few weeks ago.