Because I got HIGH~ :gnut

wizzard

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2011
Messages
1,455
Reaction score
1,203
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Re: Exams, exams, exams, exams .............. SUMMER!

So, tell me, Mr. Moderator, why should I start liking seinen? ^^

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

Indeed, our language is very similar as well. ;)
Screw that I speak Only English and Japanese :rofl

(You could say my first language is :cookiehand English :ohaielmo

(No matter the language my grammar always sucks though :D )
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Exams, exams, exams, exams .............. SUMMER!

So, tell me, Mr. Moderator, why should I start liking seinen? ^^

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------


Screw that I speak Only English and Japanese :rofl

(You could say my first language is :cookiehand English :ohaielmo
lol why so official? :lulzobito

Well, if you want to be hipster here, do it. :hip Seinen is underground and alternative, you never know what you might stumble upon. Have you tried anything?
 

wizzard

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2011
Messages
1,455
Reaction score
1,203
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Re: Exams, exams, exams, exams .............. SUMMER!

Well I'm not really sure I've read some(thing) that was categorized as seinen and as far as I know it's for midaged people (or at least seinen=that in my dictionary) so I['m not really sure what's good about it. Coudl you tell me it's good/bad points and generally waht type of content it has?

I'm talking to a God? :rofl

(sorry meant 'mod') (they're so confusing sometimes)
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Exams, exams, exams, exams .............. SUMMER!

READ BERSERK! YOU WILL THANK ME LATER! ;)

Start with the works of Urasawa, Matsunaga and Inoue. While passing try Liar Game and Gantz.

Call me Josef, lol. :XD
 

wizzard

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2011
Messages
1,455
Reaction score
1,203
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Re: Exams, exams, exams, exams .............. SUMMER!

Father of God? :SOON And he asks :
Started Berseker stopped at ~180 Not to my liking... :/ had the same taste as any other seinen I was planning to read Liar and Hunger Games (or watch or whatever ) at some point And I liked the art of Gantz so I'm gonna do it when they complete it (even if I don't like anything else in it :D )

P.S.
I was thinking about this while typing the 1-st line of this post:
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Exams, exams, exams, exams .............. SUMMER!

I see, try Urasawa, his works include: Monster, 20th Century Boys, Pluto, Billy Bat. If you like one you like them all, a unique writers, please try him out. :nod

These are very popular seinen though, just not as long as Gantz or Berserk.^^
 

wizzard

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2011
Messages
1,455
Reaction score
1,203
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Re: Exams, exams, exams, exams .............. SUMMER!

I see, try Urasawa, his works include: Monster, 20th Century Boys, Pluto, Billy Bat. If you like one you like them all, a unique writers, please try him out. :nod

These are very popular seinen though, just not as long as Gantz or Berserk.^^
I was bored to the death by 20/21 Century boys (not sure which one), but I guess that's what I get for reading seinen after FLCL^^
Gonna see monster, but if it includes blood the probability of me liking it is between small and non-existent.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Exams, exams, exams, exams .............. SUMMER!

I was bored to the death by 20/21 Century boys (not sure which one), but I guess that's what I get for reading seinen after FLCL^^
Gonna see monster, but if it includes blood the probability of me liking it is between small and non-existent.
Well, something more light? :)

Try this. Comedy. :nod
 

wizzard

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2011
Messages
1,455
Reaction score
1,203
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Re: Exams, exams, exams, exams .............. SUMMER!

This I like ^^ (3 pages to figure that out :D ) gonna save it for when it's complete (have too many ongoing on my list already...)
the other one (Monster) I might read It has Team Medical Dragon feeling and the usual seinen feeling too, but it's not as bad, although it doesn't look like something extra ordinary will happen.

---------- Post added at 02:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

I just noticed it's gotten kinda late so I shall be taking my leave now. I Subscribed to your thread so I shall be able to notice any structural or contextual changes almost immediately (this sure is a complicated word..) so anyway.. Good night :)
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Re: Exams, exams, exams, exams .............. SUMMER!

Is there any Manga out there that you dislike, Jos?
 

wizzard

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2011
Messages
1,455
Reaction score
1,203
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Re: Exams, exams, exams, exams .............. SUMMER!

Well, something more light? :)

Try this. Comedy. :nod
You're guilty, Father of God, Last night I barely slept, because of your recommendation :XD (managed 38 chapters before I realized the sky is getting brighter by the minute..)
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Exams, exams, exams, exams .............. SUMMER!

Is there any Manga out there that you dislike, Jos?
Never actually thought about that, in what way though? One that disappointed me? Or one that I just HATE? :XD

Also wizzard, you should try Saint Young Men as well ... have fun. o/
 

wizzard

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2011
Messages
1,455
Reaction score
1,203
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Re: Exams, exams, exams, exams .............. SUMMER!

Never actually thought about that, in what way though? One that disappointed me? Or one that I just HATE? :XD

Also wizzard, you should try Saint Young Men as well ... have fun. o/
This feels like your attempt of getting me off your back :D Instead come host a mafia game :zomg
( I shall give it a try when completed)
 
Last edited:

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Exams, exams, exams, exams .............. SUMMER!

This feels like your attempt of getting off your back :D Instead come host a mafia game :zomg
( I shall give it a try when completed)

Um, host a Mafia Game?

You asked for series to read, I was just suggesting. :XD You can post here no problem, lol :D
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Exams, exams, exams, exams .............. SUMMER!

Never actually thought about that, in what way though? One that disappointed me? Or one that I just HATE? :XD
Both could prove interesting, depending on your answer... so: shoot!

(Sorry for just intruding all of a sudden... :tem)
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Exams, exams, exams, exams .............. SUMMER!

Both could prove interesting, depending on your answer... so: shoot!

(Sorry for just intruding all of a sudden... :tem)
I really found Negima annoying, and yet I really liked the fanservice, since it was unique, it was done in an original way. Only series I say that for. Fairy Tail disappointed me a lot as well, it had potential. Gantz is going to do the same depending on the last chapters though. Long running series are not much to my liking as you can see. D:
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: The Absurd Paradise

Oh, you're a lenient fella... I would have expected at least some rambling and hate. :D
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Absurd Paradise

Oh, you're a lenient fella... I would have expected at least some rambling and hate. :D
I can not HATE anything that has even the slightest artistic attachment to it. :p So yeah, just dislike and criticize. ;)
 

wizzard

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2011
Messages
1,455
Reaction score
1,203
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Re: The Absurd Paradise

So? Mafia? Game? Now ? :D

Negima was hard to read I agree with that (remembering all those names and faces.. too much even for me :D) read Eyeshield 21? do you have a list somewhere, Father of God? (as in anime/manga list)
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Re: Exams, exams, exams, exams .............. SUMMER!

I really found Negima annoying, and yet I really liked the fanservice, since it was unique, it was done in an original way. Only series I say that for. Fairy Tail disappointed me a lot as well, it had potential. Gantz is going to do the same depending on the last chapters though. Long running series are not much to my liking as you can see. D:
Then why do you like One Piece? :p
 
Top