Shounen Beelzebub by Tamura Ryuuhei

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
The Beelzebub tag on pixiv occasionally still gets arts even now after its done, hope it remains as fairly active as Reborn has since that ended awhile back. But on Beelzebub, more OgaFuruichi please.

Im looking forward and hoping Furuichi is in this spinoff thing (most likely would walk with his husbando to pick up Beel from the school, I bet).
I hope it remains active too! It looks like they are planning a "get hyped" pixiv event, the tag is 【べるぜNEXT前夜祭企画】. It should be fun to see their reactions!

I am never getting over how Oga and Furuichi went to the daycare together. And if the spin-off is a continuation from the last chapter, its going to be extra fun if Beel calls them "Dada" and "Furuchin" respectively. :teehee

---------- Post added April 23, 2014 at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was April 22, 2014 at 08:10 PM ----------

So...I stumbled across this advertisement on twitter today:



Does that mean there are going to be two stories released at the same time? The box that's labeled "1" is about Beel and his quest for 100 friends, but what does box "2" mean? Oh I wish someone could translate it!
 
Last edited:

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
The second box is talking about going back to ordinary life after the last battle, and that a certain character will make 'huge strides'. This sounds like an actual serialization and not just a one shot too which surprises me. Either way I'm glad to see Beelze isn't gone for good.
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
Thank you Bomber! So it really is a serialization, and I'm guessing it takes place between chapter 239 and 240. Wow.

"A certain character taking huge strides"? I don't want to get my hopes up but the only person who fits this description is Furuichi, considering he got a power-up during the last arc but was never shown using it. Or it could be Kunieda considering she accidentally confessed to Oga but got petrified soon after. But I doubt it.

Also, new art is up on the shonenjump website, I'm guessing this is the color page that will go along the spin-off:

 

thatguy3331

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
588
Reaction score
362
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I knew it, Beelzebub darkness is coming! *prepares body*
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
Super early spoilers courtesy of a nice Hilda fan on 2ch:


My thoughts on the spoilers:

Uh, I think the boob groping was unnecessary. :oh Felt a bit exploitative. Besides that, everyone becoming chibis greatly amuses me. But why does Furuichi have a 6 pack?! A-and Kouta is a bishounen...
 
Last edited:

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
Thanks for the link! If that doesn't work you can always try http://www.dm5.com/m161335/#ipg1 which is hosted on a chinese Edited Manga reader. Maybe the english version will come out in the next few days? Anyway that was fast!

And that color page of Oga and Beel is amazing! It looks funny, I can't wait to read it. Though I think we can safely call Grandma worst girl. :facepalm
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,171
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
There should be exceptionally a chapter in July & in August (Jump next is a bimonthly mag, so we have usually one issue every 2 months)


The 3rd issue of Jump Next out in July but the 4th issue will be only one month later, in August.

Credits to Heiji


..........................................................................................​


English scan is out there : http://manga.redhawkscans.com/reader/read/beelzebub_side_story/en/0/1/page/1
 
Last edited:

ksfst

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
541
Reaction score
474
Gender
Hidden
Country
Brazil
Hell yeah!!! Really funny chapter, glad it's back, gonna enjoy reading it every 2 months!
 

J1nsan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
43
Reaction score
12
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That chapter was hilariously stupid, but in a good way. Definitely a lot more of the comedy aspect that Beelzebub had rather than some of the more serious tones, but it was really enjoyable. What I wonder now is what about Beel's sister that was introduced in the last chapter? Maybe if they added her in this extra chapter it'd be too much to explain/generate story? Either way, really excited that it's coming back now.
 

thatguy3331

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
588
Reaction score
362
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I found myself cringing at the grandma scenes and I was kind of scared Ryuhei was going into pandering territory by turning Oga mini (he's not in shota territory thankfully) and Hilda into a loli, but my God, the rest of this chapter was hilarious, I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard from manga let alone beelzebub. It's good to have it back, even if it isn't weekly anymore.
 

obamamania

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2009
Messages
2,483
Reaction score
1,053
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I agree, this was great and I love that there's been a bit of a timeskip in which Kouta not only has a full vocabulary but also has an attitude lol. Somehow though, it seems like nobody else aged lol, but this is all too funny I'm gonna miss this being weekly or even monthly.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
The battle between Kouta and Beel is simply hilarious. I agree, even though I was somewhat disappointed by the weeklies back then, I kinda miss the goofiness that this series had back then.
 

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
2,648
Reaction score
2,176
Gender
Female
Country
Water Tribe
It didn't felt that the series has ended. I still kept it in my reading list. hahaha.. so funny of me. I just realised it. So since it has finished and I found the side story, means that I will be reading it. Gonna see what's in there. I hope it continues the nonsensical comedy just like the main one. Baby Beel is always so cute! :)
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Darn cliffhanger, when is the next issue?
 

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
2,648
Reaction score
2,176
Gender
Female
Country
Water Tribe
Re: Beelzebub by Tamura Ryuuhei - Side Story, Chapter 2

Another hilarious chapter. So many characters gathered together was really overwhelming. I want to talk a bit more but since the English scan isn't out yet, I shall refrain from discussing more and keep it for later. :)
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
At first I was kind of disappointed with all the PLOT (aka fanservice) but the premise is very interesting. Plus, that's quite a large cast Tamura's assembled. Hope August's issue comes soon!

Also, it turns out Tamura went to France to attend a animanga convention. For anyone interested, the transcript is here: http://www.unificationfrance.com/article33802.html?lang=fr
 

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2010
Messages
2,648
Reaction score
2,176
Gender
Female
Country
Water Tribe
It was an informative interview.

The first thing that was mentioned was no photography and thus no photos were taken of the author. lol

It was quite interesting to learn about Tamura, his exposure to manga since he was a child with his mother being a person who liked manga. He has also gone to an animation school and that would be useful when his manga was adapted to anime. I'm sure he would have a lot to contribute. :)

He also mentioned about his work schedule and his relationship with his editor and assistants. Seems like things are going well.

As mentioned, he will also be thinking of a sequel of this series, but only after he has worked on other project first. Looks like it's going to be a long wait for us, readers. haha! :teehee

Oga is 11 years old in the eyes of the author and he will always remain the same. Didn't know he see his character to be that young. hehe! :teehee

I do hope to see more of his work in the future besides the Beelzebub side story. :)
 
Top