number12michael

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
1,779
Reaction score
392
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Frozen was also top-notch ^^ The one time Elsa actually uses her powers in combat is totally awesome and the songs are great :D I wouldn't recommend it to those seeking something a little darker, though.
i dunno if you are joking or not, but i ment Freezing its a pretty good manga about female warrior
 

Number A

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
492
Reaction score
502
Gender
Hidden
Country
Dragonstone
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

i dunno if you are joking or not, but i ment Freezing its a pretty good manga about female warrior
Joking ;) I'm using a coincidental similarity of titles to work a Disney movie into a discussion of dark fantasy manga where it doesn't belong. The reason it's hard to work out that I'm not being serious is because what I said was my honest opinion ^^
 

Caligostjerne

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 15, 2014
Messages
114
Reaction score
10
Gender
Hidden
Country
Denmark
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Frozen was also top-notch ^^ The one time Elsa actually uses her powers in combat is totally awesome and the songs are great :D I wouldn't recommend it to those seeking something a little darker, though.
FROZEN IS VERY cute though .... unlike Claymore 0____0 which is far away from cute atmosphere....very very far away...

do you know that little snowman(OLaf) what warrior could beat its cuteness?
 

Number A

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
492
Reaction score
502
Gender
Hidden
Country
Dragonstone
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

do you know that little snowman(OLaf) what warrior could beat its cuteness?
[move]such puppy eyes ^^ much innocens so adorable very cute <3<3 where r ur noses?! org@nisatn r jerks poor kids T_TMANY FEELS!!![/move]
 
Last edited:

Caligostjerne

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 15, 2014
Messages
114
Reaction score
10
Gender
Hidden
Country
Denmark
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

they're only cute cause you put that text that explains...
I dare you find more cuter stuff in the claymore universe.. and dare myself o.o...

everyone has this bad-ass aura ....







that's the cutest they get :(
 

TStew

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2013
Messages
165
Reaction score
155
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Claymore will end next month! It seems that chapter 155 will be the last one.

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showt...d-Discussion?p=3854252&viewfull=1#post3854252
:gwah
I guess I'm speechless :pout

I feel your pain bro, I lost my JOB last Tuesday. Truly this is the week of 30 days notice :P

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

We'll chatter away for a month or so before falling silent. Then, after a period of several months to a year it'll get archived. I was a huge TRC fan once and that's what happened to my forum when the manga finished.
Sorry about the job. Yeah timing couldn't be worse for me too. My marriage is in process of ending, looking for a new house... at least my job remains. Reading Claymore has always helped my spirits when I needed it. That little break from reality is so nice. Best of luck to you finding a new job.

We will all drift apart, reading and watching other things. One day we may cross paths with new warriors, of different generations, who are just getting into Claymore. We will have fun reminiscing while they talk to us about it. Ultimately, our battles and digits will remain with us. We will recognize old friends or foes in unknown parts of the world, and share a mutual respect from knowing what we shared.
Said like that just about makes me cry.

Wow and it'll end before I'm caught up. I was looking forward to someday being able to discuss things on the chapter discussion but being not current I have avoided even looking at those threads to avoid spoilers. But will make for some interesting discussion perhaps after things start winding down.

I'm not done yet collecting collectables! After things die down here I won't have anyone to show it all off to! lol I only have one friend personally that is into anime (and he's not really into manga unfortunately). He's the only person that I've introduced to Claymore. He wasnt really into it.
 

Caligostjerne

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 15, 2014
Messages
114
Reaction score
10
Gender
Hidden
Country
Denmark
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

ouch so sad news = x =
-pats number A and Stew


i would like to see more claymore stuff in RL: D ... stefan still didn't post his tattoo in that thread you made Stew
 

Number A

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
492
Reaction score
502
Gender
Hidden
Country
Dragonstone
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Wow and it'll end before I'm caught up. I was looking forward to someday being able to discuss things on the chapter discussion but being not current I have avoided even looking at those threads to avoid spoilers. But will make for some interesting discussion perhaps after things start winding down.
Marathon, bro! Quiet beers and taking it slow is all very well and good but obsessively stalking this forum from the 25th onwards is a English-language Claymore fandom tradition! You're missing out if you don't do it at least once and this is the last chance you'll ever get.
 

Claymore1

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2012
Messages
924
Reaction score
438
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

Well lets just hope they make another anime after the manga is finished.
 

number12michael

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
1,779
Reaction score
392
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

i assume that is what's going to happen, it will probably be a reboot like FMA brotherhood was
 

Number A

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
492
Reaction score
502
Gender
Hidden
Country
Dragonstone
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

I know this isn't Claymore related at all but you're the people I talk about anime stuff with so you'll appreciate how absurdly happy seeing my city rendered in 2D made me ^^ Better yet, I've been to all the places in their screenshots :D

http://www.reddit.com/r/sydney/comments/2gtpbs/anime_sydney/

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Meanwhile, in another universe. . .

 
Last edited:

Goral

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2007
Messages
1,665
Reaction score
1,994
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

This isn't related to Claymore either but as a Fallout fan I have to share it: Wasteland 2 has been released !!!

You can read reviews at Eurogamer, Rock Paper Shotgun, PC Gamer and several other places. The game costs about 40$, though you can find offers with steam key only for about 30$. It's a game worth playing, especially if you're a cRPG fan.


And on a Claymore related topic, I've noticed that Claymore's sales have dropped a little since about volume 20. This might be one of the reasons that it's ending at this point and somehow I doubt we will see the continent and the DoDs. Though who knows, each volume has reached at least 200k copies and most 300k so it's quite a decent amount. And first 17 volumes have a circulation of 6.1 million copies so...
 

Number A

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
492
Reaction score
502
Gender
Hidden
Country
Dragonstone
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

@Goral. You ever seen the Mad Max films? They're a little ridiculous but noteworthy for being Australian early standouts in the post-apocalyptic action genre. Pretty much everything since owes at least a debt of aesthetic.

What were the final-volume sales for FMA :P That should give us some sense of how likely a new anime is.

Oh, yeah, before we go are separate ways, why do you hate Miria so much? I've read over some past posts of yours and your arguments all seem to reduce to "her story disagrees with my sense of how the world works". Is that it or do you actually dislike the character? Not trying to start a war here (tomorrow is the International Day of Peace), just curious.
 
Last edited:

Goral

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2007
Messages
1,665
Reaction score
1,994
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: Claymore Hang-out Thread

@Number A
I've only seen the Tina Turner Mad Max but I'm well aware of its impact on the genre.

As for FMA, volume 27 was sold at over 1M copies in Japan alone and within a small amount of time (I think it sold 800k in 3 weeks or something). And total sale is about 64 M, where 14 million comes from outside of Japan (including Poland, I have all FMA volumes and consider it the best shounen alongside with Detective Conan, Hikaru no Go and Gintama). So even if Claymore would reach 10 M (which won't happen soon) it won't come even close.

As for Miria, I'll answer by asking the opposite question: why do you like Miria so much? I find her boring and stupid which you can read more in this thread: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/78648-Miria-a-lucky-idiot-or-a-skillful-strategist

She's a 1-dimensional character who turned out to be just another Mary Sue. For some unknown reason everyone seem to follow her even though none of her plans were brilliant and she's not exactly a charismatic leader. See how cold she was when she first met Clare or when Jean appeared in a cave. Clare has never considered Miria a leader which says something about Miria's charisma. You may find it hard to believe but I considered Miria as one of the most interesting characters. But that was before Extra Scene 2 and DoDs. She would have been way more interesting as a black or at least grey character instead of being all white and pure.
 
Top