Anima

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
40
Reaction score
35
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

Breaking the backbone is quite enough for the sign of killing...
I have to disagree. Breaking the backbone only causes paralysis. But even if this is debatable what about breaking someone's neck? That IS a real sign of killing but look at Ophelia. She survived it while being a claymore and we've already seen that what can be a fatal wound to humans isn't necessary fatal for claymores. I mean Clare took those 3 staps of extended fingers in her chest in the Cathedral (ch#7, p#12) and yet she survived. She even took a punch through the guts which pierced her and survived as well. Deneve took a similar hit and she also survived (altho she is defensive so it's easier for her).

how could that be soul link? Luciela had completely awakened, not even possible to go back to half-awakened state or claymore warrior.
Actually, soul link allows one to completely awaken while the partner keeps the awakened partner's spirit/human heart in check. let me quote Rubel from chapter #62:
".. Therefore, even if one of them performs a full release of yoma energy, as long as she entrusts the other one with her spirit, she can awaken without losing her human heart. That's the theory behind it (soul link), put in simple words". emphasis mine.
So you see, Alicia DOES awaken and gets pulled back to human form by Beth.

Rafela is most likely not on organization's side anymore, but the sisters' current conditions, it's not clearly stated yet.
I agree with you, I think Rafaela is now yet-another-renegade Claymore. I don't think she is dead. She is way too powerful to die unless she killed herself which is quiet unlikely.
 

rukori

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
451
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

I think Luciela is dead for those reasons:
1. when Rafaela was hugging her she was screaming in fear and pain, saying nothin about being transformed back but that Rafaela put too much force and therefore killing her.
2. Luciela didn't entrust her soul to Rafaela, but her soul is locked up inside the awakened body or corrupted from the awakening.
3. we already saw all of her abilities and now she'll be boaring as a character, so Yagi wouldn't let her show again, just like Ophelia.
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

Not to mention that the sound effects look rather bonesnapping on that page.
 

Anima

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
40
Reaction score
35
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

I think Luciela is dead for those reasons:
1. when Rafaela was hugging her she was screaming in fear and pain, saying nothin about being transformed back but that Rafaela put too much force and therefore killing her.
Clare said the procedure of pulling someone back is exhausting and painful and Rafaela also said nothing about being killed by her sister.

2. Luciela didn't entrust her soul to Rafaela, but her soul is locked up inside the awakened body or corrupted from the awakening.
When Clare was first pulled back by Galatea she didn't entrust her soul to Galatea as well. She was about to cut her own throat. Even Jean didn't cooperate and she said after she reverted: "Somehow, I felt as if I was pulled back by something" so it wasn't as if she actually helped Clare in the process but I agree, Luciella did completely awaken so it might be different. That's a weak point to my theory I admit. :D

3. we already saw all of her abilities and now she'll be boaring as a character, so Yagi wouldn't let her show again, just like Ophelia.
Oh no. A Claymore Luciella would open new possibilities and interesting stuff IMO. Think about how Luciella would accept her reversion and whether she would reawaken or not willingly. Will she still has the mind of an AO seeking territory conquests and power? Teaming with 7 ghosts as she is half-awakened Claymore now? I don't know but Yagi has room for plenty of stuff.

As for the bone snapping sound effect, indeed, I thought about that but I will re-quote myself:
Breaking the backbone only causes paralysis. But even if this is debatable what about breaking someone's neck? That IS a real sign of killing but look at Ophelia. She survived it while being a claymore and we've already seen that what can be a fatal wound to humans isn't necessary fatal for claymores.
Please tell me that an Abyssal One can be killed by a broken backbone when a claymore could survive a broken neck. I am not being persistent for nothing, please point me to any inconsistencies in my theory and I will admit it. After all, I DO admit the possibility of such theory being true (in a sense that Luciella is indeed reverted now) is weak but the comparison of what happened in Luciella's incident with other reverting attempts are convincing, no? :sweat
 
Last edited:

rukori

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
451
Reaction score
89
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

Well, I'll admit that I really want Luciela back as a Claymore...:amuse
I just don't want to get too hopeful, judging from earlier chapters and Yagi's other works it's much more likely that Raphaela survived alone.. :crying
Anyway I'm rooting for ur opinion..:smile-big
 

Shinomori Aoshi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
226
Reaction score
103
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

Why are you defending your theory as though you are sure it is correct? That's what I understand from what you post, that you're in fact 'lying' that you admit it might be not correct, and thus you believe it with all your heart... Anyway, it isn't something bad, but you should know it is obvious that some people will have objections, and mostly justified (I'm one of them, simply because I believe it isn't Yagi's style to provoke interest on the series by surprise, but rather by good story-telling). But if your theory turns out to be correct, I and all the others (I think) will give you credit and praise you!

Simply said, you stated your theory, it's documented, it's over...no offense.

Sorry for bad English.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

I think Luciela's dead too. The first time she was mentioned, she already gave a feeling that she wasn't an important character. I believe that after becoming an abyssal one, they can't ever return to the previous state.

Also, Luciela's territory in the south is pretty much taken over. She was overcome with greed. To bring her back to life as an abyssal one would mean she has not changed these 7 years, where she would still be trying to regain control of the south, and at this point it's already uninteresting, and there's just no way she can win against Isley or Priscilla.

Luciela becoming a Claymore again is for me, also a far shot. The organization can hardly trust someone like her, when they're very adamant about unstable Claymores.
 

Anima

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
40
Reaction score
35
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

Why are you defending your theory as though you are sure it is correct? That's what I understand from what you post, that you're in fact 'lying' that you admit it might be not correct, and thus you believe it with all your heart...
Huh?! :blink
I am not defending the theory as if it was correct. I am explaining my position of the hypothesis's I made about this theory. e.g. When someone wrote about the backbone snapping sfx, I stated my take on that and how it would fit in the theory. Let me quote myself again:
After all, I DO admit the possibility of such theory being true (in a sense that Luciella is indeed reverted now) is weak.
Anyway, it isn't something bad, but you should know it is obvious that some people will have objections, and mostly justified (I'm one of them, simply because I believe it isn't Yagi's style to provoke interest on the series by surprise, but rather by good story-telling).
But if your theory turns out to be correct, I and all the others (I think) will give you credit and praise you!

Simply said, you stated your theory, it's documented, it's over...no offense.

Sorry for bad English.
I am quite aware that people will have objections and other opinions and that's why I posted what I thought to provoke a discussion but let's see, did you expect Irene to show up again when we thought she died? Not just that, but also to lend her remaining arm to Clare and teach her the Quick Sword? weren't all of those surprises and yet were very interesting parts and a good way of story-telling?

I wasn't posting this to get praised! What makes you think that? as I said, I was provoking a discussion. What's the use and fun of a forum when "you stated your theory, it's documented, it's over"?!

baboysai said:
Luciela becoming a Claymore again is for me, also a far shot. The organization can hardly trust someone like her, when they're very adamant about unstable Claymores.
Oh I didn't mean rejoining the Org. When I said Claymore Luciella, I meant the physical status of her, returning as a claymore after reverting not an awakened being :)
I don't even think that Rafaela is interested in the org anymore (if she is alive that is although I do believe she is) let alone my predicted-claymore-Luciella :D


But let's come back to our current claymore time, who do you think will take on Agatha next? Would Clare do it solo 1vs1 or would the whole ghosts take her on? Would Galatea participate in the fight? Would Miata and Clarice continue to hinder the progress of the fight against Agatha?
 
Last edited:

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

The fight's been going on for long enough. I predict we'll just see some serious Clare one-shotting. :amuse

Afterwards, Galatea joins the ghosts, of course, but as for Clarice and Miata...

They'd either have to return to their original mission, which has now become impossible - with Miata injured to that extent and Galatea aided by the ghosts, or retreat and return to the organisation with their legs between their tails. So yeah, that second option. Arc over. :amuse

Of course, this'll mean that the organisation will from now on be fully aware of their existance and will send someone stronger after them, such as erm... Some top5-ers. :oh
 

FinalFan

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
61
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

don't you mean their tails between their legs and their could be a possibility of them joining the group also or maybe reporting on what happened.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

I think Clarice will figure out as an important role sometime. I mean, it's very curious why she's hasn't transformed fully (the hair). I don't know how she'll figure though, but it's clearly a sign she'll be a cause for a turning point in the story.
 

Unholy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2007
Messages
321
Reaction score
45
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

Of course, this'll mean that the organisation will from now on be fully aware of their existance and will send someone stronger after them, such as erm... Some top5-ers. :oh
That depends, maybe they will ask clarice to keep quiet about it as a reward for clare saving her and miatas lifes.Anyway even if clarice tell the organization that 7 ghosts from pieta are real claymores that survived the battle there is only 1 member that could fight all 7 + galatea if she survives and join, that would be alice in her awaken form, we have seen numbers 3 and 5 ( they fought riful and got beaten up pretty fast) and number 4 miata fighting and none of those are a match for the 7 ghosts.
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

None of them are on their own, but together they just might be...? :oh
 

Unholy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2007
Messages
321
Reaction score
45
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

None of them are on their own, but together they just might be...? :oh
Well Galatea stated that she is stronger than miata (current n 4), and im pretty sure claire and miria could match the current number 3 and 5 on a fair fight and even if none of them could win a 1x1 fight we still got 4 extra claymores on their side to add on the fight.The organization would sure send alice after getting a report from clarice stating how strong the ghosts really are.
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

They can't send Alicia. Alicia is made to combat Abyssal Ones only, they can't risk losing her over any other missions against multiple opponents of unknown strength.

But if you put it like that, it'd make more sense for the organisation to ignore them for now, since they don't pose an active threat at this point...
 

zzf

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 24, 2008
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Thailand
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

chapter 78 will come out around 1-5 march
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

That's a week from now. @________@ :occa
 

Unholy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2007
Messages
321
Reaction score
45
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

They can't send Alicia. Alicia is made to combat Abyssal Ones only, they can't risk losing her over any other missions against multiple opponents of unknown strength.

But if you put it like that, it'd make more sense for the organisation to ignore them for now, since they don't pose an active threat at this point...
Alicia was made to deal with any sort of situation that the rest of the organization could not handle, she wasent only made to fight the abysmal ones, if there is a huge amog off awakenen beings or if there is an opponent that is too strong for anyone else to handle they will send her thats just common sense (they can have a pretty good idea of the streght of the 7 ghosts by clarices report after the battle agains aghata).The organization could ignore but they just wont, they never let anyone that has broken any rule/gone agains the organization alone, irene is a good example, she did nothing wrong (besides fake her death agains an opponent she could never defeat) and she was hunted down for like 15 years till rafaela found and killed her.
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

abysmal ones
Cutest typo ever. <3

irene is a good example, she did nothing wrong (besides fake her death agains an opponent she could never defeat) and she was hunted down for like 15 years till rafaela found and killed her.
Actually, the organisation believed her to be dead as well, and Rafaela randomly stumbled upon her, as she said herself, since she sensed her aura while she was training Clare.

But yeah, I suppose you have a point, why not use a weapon if you have it anyway? But I think the organisation is in a pretty weak state right now, but the seven ghosts (seven -- meaning it's a pretty big group in it's own right already, especially after adding Galatea, and featuring some of the strongest claymores around nowadays) are quite dangerous an opponent. And since the organisation is pretty low on manpower - since they even have to use warriors like Clarice nowadays to fill the quota - I doubt they have the time and resources to spend on such a penal expedition...

But we'll see, the next chapter'll be out in a week or so. :amuse
 

kaloo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2006
Messages
204
Reaction score
1
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Claymore by Yagi Norihiro

Hmm... on that note, what did they used to do with the weaker Claymores?

I mean for some reason I recall some sort of fight to the death between the students, so that... but I seem to make stuff up fairly often :P
 
Top