Art DGM Volume Covers Thread

ketorin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
463
Reaction score
137
Gender
Female
Country
United States
^ yes no one can resist that sexiness that is Allen/Neah on the cover!
 

relory

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2009
Messages
352
Reaction score
624
Gender
Female
Country
Norway
Re: DGM Hang Out Thread

Finally got my hands on a copy on volume 21(shipping from Japan to Norway is suprisingly fast, honestly o.O), and I've *tried* to scan all the extra things not posted before :p
Not retouched or cleaned up, simply because I'm a no0b at scanning x'D

Hope you enjoy! :tem

(WARNING: The pictures are HUGE :o)


Allen is cute :3

And the musician's code symbols too :zomg <3

Phew!
I hope I didn't forget any :p Please tell me if I should resize the pictures or link to them or something haha :sweat
But I don't have time right now, sorry :darn

Moderator Notice:
Moving the Vol. 21 posts to the Volume Covers thread~ riki
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Zibi234

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2008
Messages
2,445
Reaction score
1,679
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: DGM Hang Out Thread

hmmmmmm if I look on the last pic it looks like musican writeing... but in reality its kanji, hiragana and katakana in it xD

it has strange looks becouse all those dots but its in japanese... (lots of kun's and san's there...)

example first bouble contains "koro okaso" later "sonjiou-kun" and more more names.... I suppose its hoshino's thanks to her stuff (assitants maybe) for all the work in this year...

I hope we will get a proper translation from someone ^^
 
Last edited:

Sydney

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2009
Messages
88
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: DGM Hang Out Thread

Wow, thank you for scanning the extras. I love all the images with timcampy, everyones reactions are hilarious. I also like the last one. Anything with Neah is great. :)
 

Niko_kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Messages
917
Reaction score
1,160
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: DGM Hang Out Thread

OMG, the backcover is awesome! alma looks good!
 

Zibi234

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2008
Messages
2,445
Reaction score
1,679
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: DGM Hang Out Thread

btw. on what chapter that volume 21 ends ?? ch199 or 200 ?
 

MSofAofCOCA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2010
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
664
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: DGM Hang Out Thread






And the musician's code symbols too :zomg <3

right. so. anyone else notice that the symbols/bracelet/tattoo thing on alma's arm are the SAME that are on Bak's??? O.o'

I get this feeling that either Hoshino doesn't like wisely too much, or he is completely based on her and her uh... stress? lol...

If anyone can translate all the txt on these images, i would be very grateful!!
Btw, the 14th's expression. he is the emo child. officialy. >=)
 

relory

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2009
Messages
352
Reaction score
624
Gender
Female
Country
Norway
Re: DGM Hang Out Thread

hmmmmmm if I look on the last pic it looks like musican writeing... but in reality its kanji, hiragana and katakana in it xD

it has strange looks becouse all those dots but its in japanese... (lots of kun's and san's there...)
Yeah, I noticed that too :p It was both clever and cute, in a way :tem The Code symbols are nice to look at 8'D (the Aesthetic Me is talking) an the clown moon is creepy o_o Reminds me of the Earl, it's probably the evil grin :p

Much praise of volume 21 ahead:
I must say that after comparing the art of volume 1 and volume 21, it astonishes me how much Hoshino-sensei has improved over the years! I've never seen a mangaka developing as much as she has! The art has become so beautiful and detailed(seriously, when I see the latest chapters in book-form, I've decided that I'll never ever complain again about short chapters again :blink she really puts a LOT of work into every scene, and has even retouched all the 'messy-looking' pages ;))!
The mangapanels are much more professional *_* and the storytelling has also improved 8D It's much more "Showing, not telling", I like that ^^ Oh God, I'll just encourage everyone to buy DGM in book form, because you really see the difference :zomg I'm totally gonna buy volume 21 in English too (in the future), and then I'll cut every single page out of this one and frame them and hang all of them in my livingroom cuz they're all so beauuuutiful :zomg :zomg

oh, and of course I forgot one:

I would be extremely grateful too if someone could translate these pics! :D
 
Last edited:

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Do you mind sharing some of the retouched panels? I'm especially interested in Chapters 196 and 197, because the art was a bit wonky in those two chapters.
 

Niko_kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Messages
917
Reaction score
1,160
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Can anyone tell me the name of the 21 volume? :D
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
It's Little Goodbye according to wiki
 

relory

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2009
Messages
352
Reaction score
624
Gender
Female
Country
Norway
Do you mind sharing some of the retouched panels? I'm especially interested in Chapters 196 and 197, because the art was a bit wonky in those two chapters.
Sure! :D I love making now-and-then-pics (although I really should go to bed now :p) 8D

Most of these are just cleaned or 'finished', but it really makes a difference! And some are redrawn too :P But I wonder how much the actual raws are 'messy'(or have thicker lines), because there can be a lot of changes when a chapter is scanlated.. but oh well, enjoy again! :D

(all the gray ones are the ones from the volume)

Alma's more akuma-ish and the lines are cleaner :D And Kanda is darker >:)

I like this! Finally we know for sure Kanda is the one who's talking :D And we can actually see what happened in this panel x'D

I don't think Hoshino has changed much here, this is just for the love of... HQ scans? :p

.. for some reason the Earl suddenly has eyelashes :blink IDK I just found that hilarious, it's such a random addition XD well, he is a fangirl I guess?

My scanner kinda failed x'D But the art improvement is still there.. definitely still there :P

I HAVE to go to bed now :shifty I could perhaps do more tomorrow :sleepy
 
Last edited:

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
YAY! Big hugs for Relory.

I loved the "brain damaged face" on Wisely, he is definately a good source of laugh now.
I thought he'd be a source of scary moments at first sight.

Neah looks like a baby-faced boy with evil intentions. A contrast with the warm smile. I hope he has a cruel side.
 

Niko_kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Messages
917
Reaction score
1,160
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
relory, can you scan the whole volume ? like a raw :D If you can't, thank you anyway :D
 

relory

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2009
Messages
352
Reaction score
624
Gender
Female
Country
Norway
relory, can you scan the whole volume ? like a raw :D If you can't, thank you anyway :D
haha, maybe I should :p But that will probably take... a 'few' hours, I guess :oh just stay tuned x'D
Ah, I feel generous lately 8D It's probably the Christmas atmosphere :tem *hugs everyone* :D
 

Niko_kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Messages
917
Reaction score
1,160
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
haha, maybe I should :p But that will probably take... a 'few' hours, I guess :oh just stay tuned x'D
Ah, I feel generous lately 8D It's probably the Christmas atmosphere :tem *hugs everyone* :D
oooh, really? If you do that, it will be my christimas gift :D thank you :)
Heey, how do you scan it whitout damage your volume ?
I tryed to scan my volume 20 but i was scared to damage it. [sorry for my bad english]
 
Last edited:

sparviero-92

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2010
Messages
194
Reaction score
704
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Re: DGM Hang Out Thread

Thank you for the scans relory!:D

Red text on the 'scroll': New record!
Allen: [ Master...I'm kinda scared now..]
Link: It seems it won't be able to fly...

Allen is cute :3
Tim: information
Link: from vol 21 on, the design of the covers will be diferent, it was renewed. Maybe you were startled when you bought it, but it's all right.
This is a volume of D. Gray Man.
Allen: Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!

For generations, the Noahs of the Evil Eye, suffer of headaches

For generations, the children of the Chan family, as a symbol of the pact with the seal god, are given a tattoo (seal)
For: What are you blushing for?!
It doesn't look cool at all!


And the musician's code symbols too :zomg <3
It doesn't say anything apart for Hoshino's "special thanks"
 

Zibi234

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2008
Messages
2,445
Reaction score
1,679
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
ehem about the last pic... No it is written in japanese... but you need to drop those dots from your mind ^^

ehh at first try to notice "san" or "kun" at the end ^^ it contains kanji... hiragana and even katakana... it looks like gibberish but the text is well hidden :P
 

sparviero-92

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2010
Messages
194
Reaction score
704
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
I know ^^,
I was meaning that the text in the speech bubbles contained only Hoshino's 'special thanks', nothing too interesting:amuse
 
Top