Art DGM Volume Covers Thread

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
I just played with PS while waiting for the pizza dough to rest ^_^
I'm no pro, but it won't hurt to share the edited extras after relory's raws and sparviero-92's translations were posted.

 

andrewsungchehau

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2009
Messages
379
Reaction score
62
Gender
Male
Country
Brunei
Thanks relory for the scan and thanks sparviero-92 for the translation.xD

Those changes that Hoshino sensei made are awesome as always.xD
Now we can look forward for more new beautiful volume cover pages.xD Hooray for Hoshino sensei.xD Those extra were cute and nice as well.:D
 

relory

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2009
Messages
352
Reaction score
624
Gender
Female
Country
Norway
I'm really sorry to say this, but you'll have to wait a bit before I have scanned the whole thing :s I just have too much work to do this week before things stabilizes... I'll see if I have time during the weekend? ;)

(attempt to make up for it) I did however find another pic(totally missed it D: ) that I don't think have been scanned before 8D It seems to be linked with the stripper-Allen pic? I'm not sure if it followed with volume 21 or the 3rd novel (yup, bought that too :D things are so cheap over there compared to in Norway it's ridiculous O_o)

I have no idea what's going on again (translation is much appreciated! :tem) but it's Linalee and Kanda(they are fully clothed lol), yay! And Reever with his camera again :D :


Hopefully see you in the weekend? :ninja I'm always lurking though
 

Niko_kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Messages
917
Reaction score
1,160
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
oooh, no problem =) I'll wait xD
I think that this image is of the 21 volume, a continuation of allen stripper.i'll wait for translation x)
 

meepers4982

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
510
Reaction score
118
Gender
Female
Country
United States
looking at the raws from the volume and the original Edited Mangas i have to say that the art is much more acceptable because of the thin lines, the thick lines made it feel sloppy and made it difficult to follow what was going on in the story...thanks relory!
 

ANGELiki

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2010
Messages
120
Reaction score
42
Gender
Female
Country
Greece
BACKSTAGE AT THE PHOTOSHOOT PART 2
Lenalee: Sorry we're late!
Lenalee: Kanda says he'll model for us after all.
Kanda: Cough
Reveer: I... I see. Sorry for the trouble~
Jhonny: Oh Kanda, mind wiping of that blood on your chin first?
Box: Tissues.
Lenalee's boots: Crackle crackle
Bob(or whatever his name is): He's holding his stomach.
Jiji(or however his name is spelled): Kanda's totally holding his stomach.



I didn't do the translate (I wish I could!!)
 

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
9,412
Reaction score
5,154
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
At first I thought the image was very cute and sweet with Linalee holding Mugen in one hand and Kanda's hand in the other, but on second look... I think Linalee was violent to Kanda.

I was expecting the other guys to be jealous of Linalee holding Kanda's hand
 

Zibi234

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2008
Messages
2,445
Reaction score
1,679
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
nah...mostly kanda refused... but you dont refuse to lenalee now... she gets what she wants... and well she mostly used her boots on him xD

still would like to see a funny stuff like that between allen and lenalee...
 

luna_wolf

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
237
Reaction score
23
Gender
Female
Country
England
nah...mostly kanda refused... but you dont refuse to lenalee now... she gets what she wants... and well she mostly used her boots on him xD

still would like to see a funny stuff like that between allen and lenalee...
i wouldnt be surprised if she is the one who said there would be money in it for him if he did it (shes totaly an allen fangirl)


daymn, i cant read japanese, but i cant wait for 2012 when this book will probably be released here. *flies to the magical realm of ebay*
 

candy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2010
Messages
756
Reaction score
103
Gender
Female
Country
United States
2012???!!! that's two years away! or did you mean 2011???
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Volume 21 will be out in the United States some time in 2011. Volume 20 is coming out in February, but Volume 21 isn't solicited for May, so that breaks the volume-every-three-months pattern that we've had since the beginning...
 

MSofAofCOCA

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2010
Messages
1,116
Reaction score
664
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Volume 21 will be out in the United States some time in 2011. Volume 20 is coming out in February, but Volume 21 isn't solicited for May, so that breaks the volume-every-three-months pattern that we've had since the beginning...
daaaaaaarn. that means i'll only be getting V21 by graduation.... =|
any reason they have to break the pattern? you'd think they'd do this only if she needed to redo the art completely, but these chapters were great!
 

Jaymie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
877
Reaction score
352
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
daaaaaaarn. that means i'll only be getting V21 by graduation.... =|
any reason they have to break the pattern? you'd think they'd do this only if she needed to redo the art completely, but these chapters were great!
It's probably because Viz has caught up to the Japanese release.

Volume 11 US - November 2008

Volume 17 JP - December 2008


Volume 12 US - February 2009

Volume 13 US - May 2009

Volume 18 JP - June 2009

Volume 14 US - August 2009

Volume 15 US - November 2009

Volume 19 JP - December 2009

Volume 16 US - February 2010

Volume 17 US - May 2010

Volume 20 JP - June 2010

Volume 18 US - August 2010

Volume 19 US - November 2010

Volume 21 JP - December 2010

Volume 20 US - February 2011

Volume 21 US - May 2011

Volume 22 JP - June 2011?

Volume 22 US - August 2011

Volume 23 US - November 2011

Volume 23 JP - December 2011?

As you can see, by Volume 22 we would've been basically getting volumes 2 months after they were released in Japan, and then we would be getting Volume 23 before it was even out in Japan!

That's impossible, so Viz had to delay Volume 21 to accommodate that.
 

Mango-chan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 17, 2010
Messages
193
Reaction score
129
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Oh Lenalee, why so violent? Let the guy meditate and eat noodles while Allen does questionable things. (that's a slippery slope, Allen! D: )

I'm guessing volume 21 will be out in the US around September-October.
 

Rikulaw

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2009
Messages
52
Reaction score
203
Age
34
Gender
Hidden
Country
Indonesia
If someone (that own a copy) notice, both of those hilarious story are back stage for The Rose Cross Journal 1 & 2 cover. Not the volume cover.
(Someone remember? This very short newspaper of Black Order was first introduced in Reverse 2, though the name itself first used in Gray Ark)

Both are extra from vol 21 and reverse 3 and featured the updated profile of the model. There's a high chance that there will be more of The Rose Cross Journal in future.
 
Last edited:

Rikulaw

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2009
Messages
52
Reaction score
203
Age
34
Gender
Hidden
Country
Indonesia
Well, yeah. I'm really sorry. Riki-san already noted me last night about that. But it's almost morning here at that time so I'm sleeping. I'll edit my post now. X<

As an apology, I've uploaded the full cover on gallery. Be careful a bit because I'm not resizing it. (4464 x 2064 px) ^^a



Once again, I'm really sorry... X<
 

Niko_kun

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2010
Messages
917
Reaction score
1,160
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well, yeah. I'm really sorry. Riki-san already noted me last night about that. But it's almost morning here at that time so I'm sleeping. I'll edit my post now. X<

As an apology, I've uploaded the full cover on gallery. Be careful a bit because I'm not resizing it. (4464 x 2064 px) ^^a



Once again, I'm really sorry... X<
O that's nothing. I really want to know what's write in her coments on this cover. xD
 

harmaa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2007
Messages
205
Reaction score
17
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Anyone manage to scan the whole volume yet?
 

luna_wolf

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
237
Reaction score
23
Gender
Female
Country
England
if no one has by the 10th (when mine arives) ill scan mine <3
 
Top