Discussion Estimating Characters PL

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,372
Gender
Male
Country
France
I think they were more or less frightened at Merlin’s legend then her feats themselves. From their standpoint they probably just know of her as a girl who deceived the two gods, so it makes sense that they’d overestimate her. Otherwise characters that don’t know who she is aren’t afraid of her, as chandler didn’t have a care in the world about her power
The Commandments are elite warriors and Fraudrin was not afraid even when he was facing the Archangels. Rather than being afraid, they are impressed by her story and wary of her, Zeldris was like that. Chandler however didn't care in the slightest.
 

ShadowHeart

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2010
Messages
6,216
Reaction score
3,040
Age
34
Country
England
I think they were more or less frightened at Merlin’s legend then her feats themselves. From their standpoint they probably just know of her as a girl who deceived the two gods, so it makes sense that they’d overestimate her. Otherwise characters that don’t know who she is aren’t afraid of her, as chandler didn’t have a care in the world about her power
Chandler did know about her but he only cares about Meliodas and killing Elizabeth.
 

MrSchmitty7

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 20, 2016
Messages
3,656
Reaction score
6,861
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The Commandments are elite warriors and Fraudrin was not afraid even when he was facing the Archangels. Rather than being afraid, they are impressed by her story and wary of her, Zeldris was like that. Chandler however didn't care in the slightest.
Probably because to them a girl that can outsmart two gods sounds more terrifying than a some dudes with barely a fraction of that power. Realistically though, anyone who really doesn’t know her backstory isn’t that fearful of her.
 

T25

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2018
Messages
1,109
Reaction score
834
Age
28
Country
United States
She doesn't have 8 wings lmao, she only has 4 like others.

It is a good reason because she has shown anything battle related feat at all. Until she shows it, you are using a headcanon here. Nakaba never gave her a proper fight, she is always protected and play the damsel in distress.

You are just pushing another type of Elizabeth character here, she is written as being the antithesis of what a fighter is.
If Elizabeth had 8 wings, she wouldn’t struggle with two indura.
What I stated was what was drawn and what was drawn twice in chapter 208 as I am looking at this chapter right now. I have no intention of debating over whether or not you can count to 8 as I am well aware of both of your dispositions towards her. I state what I see and that I have taken note of it. I have not pushed anything unwarranted and am curious to see how things turn out from what I have seen.
Can you tell me how I am “pushing another type of Elizabeth?
 

MrSchmitty7

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 20, 2016
Messages
3,656
Reaction score
6,861
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Chandler did know about her but he only cares about Meliodas and killing Elizabeth.
I think he figured it out after he finished calling her cute and sealing her magic
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
What I stated was what was drawn and what was drawn twice in chapter 208 as I am looking at this chapter right now. I have no intention of debating over whether or not you can count to 8 as I am well aware of both of your dispositions towards her. I state what I see and that I have taken note of it. I have not pushed anything unwarranted and am curious to see how things turn out from what I have seen.
Can you tell me how I am “pushing another type of Elizabeth?
None of us dislike Elizabeth, we just don’t like when she gets all this speculation. Plus in regard to the wings of light, she’s been able to make similar objects since part 1 against Hendrickson
 

T25

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2018
Messages
1,109
Reaction score
834
Age
28
Country
United States
I am curious as to at what time Merlin was even born. Before or after the official start of the war? Most people believe Merlin to know more about the events and people of 3000 years ago then what she may actually know.
 

sobreno

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2017
Messages
5,379
Reaction score
3,058
Country
Djibouti
What I stated was what was drawn and what was drawn twice in chapter 208 as I am looking at this chapter right now. I have no intention of debating over whether or not you can count to 8 as I am well aware of both of your dispositions towards her. I state what I see and that I have taken note of it. I have not pushed anything unwarranted and am curious to see how things turn out from what I have seen.
Can you tell me how I am “pushing another type of Elizabeth?
Well, we know that she is a caring type of person, the perfect pacifist princess that will never attempt to fight but to talk no jutsu instead.

You are basically expecting something from her that Nakaba will never do due to her personality and character.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I am curious as to at what time Merlin was even born. Before or after the official start of the war? Most people believe Merlin to know more about the events and people of 3000 years ago then what she may actually know.
The only thing that is sure is that she is younger than Goddess Elizabeth and Meliodas.
 

Kay3795

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 15, 2012
Messages
3,620
Reaction score
2,030
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
You are saying it's low, so what is your estimation? 2K? 5K? I don't think if PL is low since he became an Archangel.

Even before the recent reveal, I said it had to be way back in the past before he got even stronger.

If you think it's so low then he won't be a threat in the next chapter.
Here's the thing, we ought to get past titles & look a little deeper at trends (Nakaba's attitude & thinkings when writing his characters) & details. For example, Escanor belongs to a group known as the SDS which is revered as a powerful group made up of very powerful individuals. In this group, Escanor is known as the strongest. Now we could specify a time in the night & pit the strongest against a group of (ordinary human) ruffians with a PL of 25 & that strongest suddenly proceeds to get his butt kicked. Now he would still be titled the strongest in spite of the butt kicking according to Nakaba, he just couldn't express what makes him the strongest at that particular time.

For the unawakened Meliodas vs Escanor chapter, the title was "the strongest vs most evil". Escanor was toyed with & tossed around like fodder until 12pm. He became the strongest for 1 min which makes up about 0.069% of the time he'd ever be the strongest. That is a pathetically low percentage that I personally wouldn't call him the strongest (i'm not just thinking about sprints, I also think about marathons) but since we have to take into account how Nakaba judges this thing, I call Escanor the strongest SDS until the ONE is surpassed.

This is the same with Mael. He's an Arch (title), he's even called the strongest but he's only the strongest for at most 2 hours which makes up 8.3% of the time he'd be the strongest; that's terribly low also. For Mael to be the strongest accordingly to my standard, he'd have to be at least 50%.

Anyway, we still do have limited info but based on what I've seen, I think Mael w/o Grace is somewhat lower than Grey Hendrickson. As for why he became strong as a 10C, I don't know. Perhaps this is another design of Sr Gowther. He was actually amassing magic, building up his capacity, in order to end the war by making Mael the scapegoat. It would've surprise me if it turns out that Sr Gowther genetically modified Mael's body via a spell (apparently his spells can do that) by making him susceptible to being successfully demonized as well as making use of a decree to further boost his power, & finally give him knowledge of at least some basic demon spells via illusions (the use of PoD & FC). All I know if that if a snake could become powerful in an environment of darkness, it isn't far-fetched to me that Mael could be made powerful as a demon.
 
Last edited:

OtakuFreak

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2017
Messages
4,795
Reaction score
9,606
Age
26
Country
Fun Forum
Well, we know that she is a caring type of person, the perfect pacifist princess that will never attempt to fight but to talk no jutsu instead.

You are basically expecting something from her that Nakaba will never do due to her personality and character.
Explain to me why the ''perfect pacifist princess that will never attempt to fight'' is instead.... fighting?


Oh, would you look at that. Elizabeth actually looks pissed and wanting to hurt somebody for once.


She may be a pacifist or someone who prefers to talk about peace and avoid conflict. But if you deliberately say that Elizabeth will ''never attempt to fight'' then you are factually incorrect.

She didn't try to talk to the Gods here. No. She was fighting for her life and actually trying to hurt somebody (to no avail).

It's already proven that if the situation calls for it. Elizabeth will fight. Its just in most situations, conflict can be avoided or you can take different routes: e.g purification.
 

T25

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2018
Messages
1,109
Reaction score
834
Age
28
Country
United States
I think he figured it out after he finished calling her cute and sealing her magic
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


None of us dislike Elizabeth, we just don’t like when she gets all this speculation. Plus in regard to the wings of light, she’s been able to make similar objects since part 1 against Hendrickson
Hmmm calling someone a “useless weak little princess” that only knows how to “play the damsel in distress” an excessive amount of times, mocking a situation in which after being “kidnapped” she is raped by an insane admirer is not how you back up your claim that “none of us dislike Elizabeth”

The extent of Meliodas power is speculated, zeldris ability is speculated, maels power is speculated Merlin’s power is speculated but Elis power deserves no speculation?

Chapter 96 final page Eli has 4 incorporeal wings. Chapter 200 original Eli has 4 natural wings. Chapter 208 original Eli has 8 incorporeal wings. Is it wrong for me to be curious of the implications of that?

I have no excessive stance on her being the most powerful being in universe or being able to fight to the same level as her contemporaries nor even if she will have a fight as hurting people is not what she desires. But what will she do and what is she capable of doing is something I have the utmost curiosity of.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Well, we know that she is a caring type of person, the perfect pacifist princess that will never attempt to fight but to talk no jutsu instead.

You are basically expecting something from her that Nakaba will never do due to her personality and character.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The only thing that is sure is that she is younger than Goddess Elizabeth and Meliodas.
Yes she is definitely younger than two. The time she was born and her position at the time is very significant to the validity of her statements and knowledge in general. For instance she commented on Meliodas returning to how he once was as well as the statement that he was even stronger than he was back then. But how does she know that? Was she even born when he was leader? In which case it would mean she knew his prowess by reputation. It appears that he may have still been leader for some time after he met Eli but where was she? She stopped her time at 30 years old but we don’t know if she hit 30 before or after she met them. It seems that she may be hundreds of years younger than them. She was also not effected by gowthers forbidden spell apparently and was not aware of the origin of sunshine which all means that she is not as knowledgeable of the past as some believe. Don’t you think?
 

sobreno

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2017
Messages
5,379
Reaction score
3,058
Country
Djibouti
Explain to me why the ''perfect pacifist princess that will never attempt to fight'' is instead.... fighting?


Oh, would you look at that. Elizabeth actually looks pissed and wanting to hurt somebody for once.


She may be a pacifist or someone who prefers to talk about peace and avoid conflict. But if you deliberately say that Elizabeth will ''never attempt to fight'' then you are factually incorrect.

She didn't try to talk to the Gods here. No. She was fighting for her life and actually trying to hurt somebody (to no avail).

It's already proven that if the situation calls for it. Elizabeth will fight. Its just in most situations, conflict can be avoided or you can take different routes: e.g purification.
Lol, we don't know any context about that, we know her character in general and she isn't the type of person that will fight just like that.

She has no choice against them because she was dead anyway, but again, we don't know the full image but it doesn't matter since they were below fodders for the Gods.

Show me where she actually fight without getting back up or being protected by someone, her being solo, all by herself then you could talk.

We don't know her actual capacity in a combat scenario because we don't have a clear battle scenario for her where she show off her fighting ability without having back up all the time.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Hmmm calling someone a “useless weak little princess” that only knows how to “play the damsel in distress” an excessive amount of times, mocking a situation in which after being “kidnapped” she is raped by an insane admirer is not how you back up your claim that “none of us dislike Elizabeth”

The extent of Meliodas power is speculated, zeldris ability is speculated, maels power is speculated Merlin’s power is speculated but Elis power deserves no speculation?

Chapter 96 final page Eli has 4 incorporeal wings. Chapter 200 original Eli has 4 natural wings. Chapter 208 original Eli has 8 incorporeal wings. Is it wrong for me to be curious of the implications of that?

I have no excessive stance on her being the most powerful being in universe or being able to fight to the same level as her contemporaries nor even if she will have a fight as hurting people is not what she desires. But what will she do and what is she capable of doing is something I have the utmost curiosity of.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Yes she is definitely younger than two. The time she was born and her position at the time is very significant to the validity of her statements and knowledge in general. For instance she commented on Meliodas returning to how he once was as well as the statement that he was even stronger than he was back then. But how does she know that? Was she even born when he was leader? In which case it would mean she knew his prowess by reputation. It appears that he may have still been leader for some time after he met Eli but where was she? She stopped her time at 30 years old but we don’t know if she hit 30 before or after she met them. It seems that she may be hundreds of years younger than them. She was also not effected by gowthers forbidden spell apparently and was not aware of the origin of sunshine which all means that she is not as knowledgeable of the past as some believe. Don’t you think?
Probably, who know. We will get more about her in her gaiden anyway but I agree with the last part, she doesn't know a thing about Mael at all hence why she wasn't affected by the spell regarding Mael's case.
 

MrSchmitty7

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 20, 2016
Messages
3,656
Reaction score
6,861
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hmmm calling someone a “useless weak little princess” that only knows how to “play the damsel in distress” an excessive amount of times, mocking a situation in which after being “kidnapped” she is raped by an insane admirer is not how you back up your claim that “none of us dislike Elizabeth”
Well for starters she wasn't raped and for my second point I did not say she was a useless weak little princess.
Does she play damsel in distress a lot, yes. Is she not the best fighter, so far yes, useless, no. She's a very good healer and for that I give her plenty of props. Sobreno doesn't dislike Elizabeth either. He himself has said that he is willing to admit her power if she ever shows it. But for now he has a right to be doubtful of her in other situations.

The extent of Meliodas power is speculated, zeldris ability is speculated, maels power is speculated Merlin’s power is speculated but Elis power deserves no speculation?
Mel is 142K, that isn't speculation. Zeldris is 60K+, that isn't speculation. As for Mael and Elizabeth I don't like speculating about them because they have no confirmed values. Which is why I keep elizabeth low to mid tier till she gets more rounded feats.

Chapter 96 final page Eli has 4 incorporeal wings. Chapter 200 original Eli has 4 natural wings. Chapter 208 original Eli has 8 incorporeal wings. Is it wrong for me to be curious of the implications of that?
Because she's been making wings of light since part one. She doesn't have 8 true wings, otherwise she'd be more powerful than probably Mael, and wouldn't have such a fragile build, and wouldn't be asked to be guarded on Mel's orders.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,372
Gender
Male
Country
France
Here's the thing, we ought to get past titles & look a little deeper at trends (Nakaba's attitude & thinkings when writing his characters) & details. For example, Escanor belongs to a group known as the SDS which is revered as a powerful group made up of very powerful individuals. In this group, Escanor is known as the strongest. Now we could specify a time in the night & pit the strongest against a group of (ordinary human) ruffians with a PL of 25 & that strongest suddenly proceeds to get his butt kicked. Now he would still be titled the strongest in spite of the butt kicking according to Nakaba, he just couldn't express what makes him the strongest at that particular time.

For the unawakened Meliodas vs Escanor chapter, the title was "the strongest vs most evil". Escanor was toyed with & tossed around like fodder until 12pm. He became the strongest for 1 min which makes up about 0.069% of the time he'd ever be the strongest. That is a pathetically low percentage that I personally wouldn't call him the strongest (i'm not just thinking about sprints, I also think about marathons) but since we have to take into account how Nakaba judges this thing, I call Escanor the strongest SDS until the ONE is surpassed.

This is the same with Mael. He's an Arch (title), he's even called the strongest but he's only the strongest for at most 2 hours which makes up 8.3% of the time he'd be the strongest; that's terribly low also. For Mael to be the strongest accordingly to my standard, he'd have to be at least 50%.

Anyway, we still do have limited info but based on what I've seen, I think Mael w/o Grace is somewhat lower than Grey Hendrickson. As for why he became strong as a 10C, I don't know. Perhaps this is another design of Sr Gowther. He was actually amassing magic, building up his capacity, in order to end the war by making Mael the scapegoat. It would've surprise me if it turns out that Sr Gowther genetically modified Mael's body via a spell (apparently his spells can do that) by making him susceptible to being successfully demonized as well as making use of a decree to further boost his power, & finally give him knowledge of at least some basic demon spells via illusions (the use of PoD & FC). All I know if that if a snake could become powerful in an environment of darkness, it isn't far-fetched to me that Mael could be made powerful as a demon.
Escanor is not Mael, and he did say that he was going to become stronger. As an Archangel he would need to be strong even at night. You can't just use Escanor and say that Mael was just the same.

As for his strength as a Demon, to me it's just the same as Hendrickson. But if you think he was that weak there is no way it would have me him this strong. Even with two absorbed his PL which was 60K rose to 88K.
 

MrSchmitty7

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 20, 2016
Messages
3,656
Reaction score
6,861
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ok to clarify when we say she is a pacifist we mean this

A. She will try to avoid fighting at all costs, whether for sport or for actual combat
B. When she does fight, it's because there is literally no other alternative for escape. She slapped Mel because he wouldn't let her go (literally), she had to fight the gods because she was literally trapped, and Estarossa was trying to kill everyone.
 

OtakuFreak

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2017
Messages
4,795
Reaction score
9,606
Age
26
Country
Fun Forum
Lol, we don't know any context about that, we know her character in general and she isn't the type of person that will fight just like that.
We do know the context tho lol?

Elizabeth was fighting against the Gods.

That completely and straight away refutes your idea and notion of Elizabeth being this ''perfect princess that will never fight''.

She has no choice against them because she was dead anyway, but again, we don't know the full image but it doesn't matter since they were below fodders for the Gods.
Thanks for proving my word even further.

She had no choice.

There was no option for pacifism.

And because of that she was willing to fight.

Show me where she actually fight without getting back up or being protected by someone, her being solo, all by herself then you could talk.
Don't change the topic of discussion.

The discussion was whether or not Elizabeth ''would fight'' or not.

The answer is: She does fight if it's the last option, and there is no other alternative. As proven by the Gods battle and how she had to (in a sense) fight against the Indura's.

Now, since we have our answer, and you can't refute it, you try to change the topic of discussion (as usual) in a way to demean Elizabeth and put her down.



Sobreno doesn't dislike Elizabeth either.
Biggest lie of the century.

Sobreno has hate for her.

All I see is non-sense when he argues against her.

''Meliodas lover can't be powerful!''

''She's a princess who can only be saved!''

''I hope she dies!!''

''Her only purpose is to be Meliodas wife and nothing more!''

Now across the months I've been on this forum and argued against @sobreno, these are the most memorable quotes or opinions he's had of her.

So to me, a pretty big supporter of Elizabeth, it does look like he does hate her.

B. When she does fight, it's because there is literally no other alternative for escape. She slapped Mel because he wouldn't let her go (literally), she had to fight the gods because she was literally trapped, and Estarossa was trying to kill everyone.
Say this to @sobreno in order to dismiss his ''Elizabeth is a perfect pacifist princess that will never attempt to fight'' claim since he doesn't listen to me, no matter what I show or tell him.

Nakaba could literally display this quote as incorrect in a Q & A but he would still find a way to defy it since he's arguing against me. So you tell him that this claim is incorrect :cheez (Good luck :teehee)
 

T25

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2018
Messages
1,109
Reaction score
834
Age
28
Country
United States
Well for starters she wasn't raped and for my second point I did not say she was a useless weak little princess.
Does she play damsel in distress a lot, yes. Is she not the best fighter, so far yes, useless, no. She's a very good healer and for that I give her plenty of props. Sobreno doesn't dislike Elizabeth either. He himself has said that he is willing to admit her power if she ever shows it. But for now he has a right to be doubtful of her in other situations.
You were speaking for more than yourself when you said no one dislikes her. The rape comments came about when estarossa gave her an ultimatum. If you liked a character, or held such a character in any level of respect I don’t think you would continuously make light of them being raped as a joke. The fact that she was not raped means absolutely nothing to my point.

I did not mean to imply that my quotations were stated by you but “useless and weak little princess” was in fact sobrenos favorite description of Eli. And with that you cannot logically explain to me why someone who holds her in such low regard would actually be okay with a revelation of her abilities so out of line with that perception. Your statements say one thing but they are not the only statements you make. So what am I supposed to believe when your statements contradict?

Mel is 142K, that isn't speculation. Zeldris is 60K+, that isn't speculation. As for Mael and Elizabeth I don't like speculating about them because they have no confirmed values. Which is why I keep elizabeth low to mid tier till she gets more rounded feats.
Mel has some relation to indura, how far can he go? Zeldris has not had a fight, has a 2nd mark and some relation to indura, how far can he go? Why is having a stated numerical value the only basis on which one may speculate. Isn’t the ones power speculated because of the damage it was able to inflict on the manner it was able to inflict it despite the fact it has no stated value?
I do not care to put my own made up number based on whatever bias I have to whatever degree. But I do not appreciate undue degradation of an characters unknown ability. I merely wish to see where characters are placed on the spectrum by the author himself
Because she's been making wings of light since part one. She doesn't have 8 true wings, otherwise she'd be more powerful than probably Mael, and wouldn't have such a fragile build, and wouldn't be asked to be guarded on Mel's orders.
She did not have 4 true wings during the battle with Hendi. But the reveal of her form 100 chapters later brought back those “fake” 4 wings as actually 4 “real” ones. So why in chapter 96 and 97 did he draw those 4 fake? In the exact same manner why did he draw her with 8? Why is it a parallel circumstance? That is what I want to know.
 

MrSchmitty7

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 20, 2016
Messages
3,656
Reaction score
6,861
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
United States
We do know the context tho lol?

Elizabeth was fighting against the Gods.

That completely and straight away refutes your idea and notion of Elizabeth being this ''perfect princess that will never fight''.



Thanks for proving my word even further.

She had no choice.

There was no option for pacifism.

And because of that she was willing to fight.



Don't change the topic of discussion.

The discussion was whether or not Elizabeth ''would fight'' or not.

The answer is: She does fight if it's the last option, and there is no other alternative. As proven by the Gods battle and how she had to (in a sense) fight against the Indura's.

Now, since we have our answer, and you can't refute it, you try to change the topic of discussion (as usual) in a way to demean Elizabeth and put her down.





Biggest lie of the century.

Sobreno has hate for her.

All I see is non-sense when he argues against her.

''Meliodas lover can't be powerful!''

''She's a princess who can only be saved!''

''I hope she dies!!''

''Her only purpose is to be Meliodas wife and nothing more!''

Now across the months I've been on this forum and argued against @sobreno, these are the most memorable quotes or opinions he's had of her.

So to me, a pretty big supporter of Elizabeth, it does look like he does hate her.



Say this to @sobreno in order to dismiss his ''Elizabeth is a perfect pacifist princess that will never attempt to fight'' claim since he doesn't listen to me, no matter what I show or tell him.

Nakaba could literally display this quote as incorrect in a Q & A but he would still find a way to defy it since he's arguing against me. So you tell him that this claim is incorrect :cheez (Good luck :teehee)
I don't think he disagrees with my statement though. He knows that Elizabeth will fight if she's basically forced to do so, but thats about it. Even people say they want Escanor dead

As for the I hope she dies quote you'll have to ask him about that. I'm pretty sure he was screwing around when he said it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
You were speaking for more than yourself when you said no one dislikes her. The rape comments came about when estarossa gave her an ultimatum. If you liked a character, or held such a character in any level of respect I don’t think you would continuously make light of them being raped as a joke. The fact that she was not raped means absolutely nothing to my point.
Well the problem is rape is a serious matter. And for you to imply that Nakaba put a real rape scene into a manga really does besmirch his name. He's not an idiot nor insensitive. Fake characters killing each other is one thing, but rape is on such another graphic level. Rape is forced sex, not being taken hostage. It doesn't mean "to be forcibly taken away" as it did several upon several years ago (14th century actually). So to use the word "rape" to mean something that realistically no one in society would associate it with (kidnap or plundering) is really playing it lightly. So if we treat Elizabeth lightly because she got kidnapped, its not our fault. Kidnapping isn't rape. Every child who's played Donkey Kong knows this.

I did not mean to imply that my quotations were stated by you but “useless and weak little princess” was in fact sobrenos favorite description of Eli. And with that you cannot logically explain to me why someone who holds her in such low regard would actually be okay with a revelation of her abilities so out of line with that perception. Your statements say one thing but they are not the only statements you make. So what am I supposed to believe when your statements contradict?
Then perhaps you should bring them up to Sobreno and not group people together. Aside from Sobreno, the Elizabeth fanbase is even more divergent than he is towards her. You have people on the Elizabeth side that think she is
100K
Mael level
Supreme Deity level
Trash
And these are from her side, not ours. So if you want to say our side is contradictory, you also have to say her side is as well. Or just don't group people together.

Mel has some relation to indura, how far can he go? Zeldris has not had a fight, has a 2nd mark and some relation to indura, how far can he go? Why is having a stated numerical value the only basis on which one may speculate. Isn’t the ones power speculated because of the damage it was able to inflict on the manner it was able to inflict it despite the fact it has no stated value?
I do not care to put my own made up number based on whatever bias I have to whatever degree. But I do not appreciate undue degradation of an characters unknown ability. I merely wish to see where characters are placed on the spectrum by the author himself
These aren't made up numbers, they're from Nakaba himself. I wouldn't call an aspect of the author's manga inadequate, especially when I don't even write the manga. He's shown time and time again that power levels play about 90% in character estimations. Sariel and Tarmiel even brought up power estimations when talking about Estarossa.

She did not have 4 true wings during the battle with Hendi. But the reveal of her form 100 chapters later brought back those “fake” 4 wings as actually 4 “real” ones. So why in chapter 96 and 97 did he draw those 4 fake? In the exact same manner why did he draw her with 8? Why is it a parallel circumstance? That is what I want to know.
She didn't have four fake wings. She made an extra 2 pairs of wings using light. We know that these wings are fake because they disappeared right after. Just like her fake ones did again after she caught Estarossa
 
Last edited:

Shutensatsu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2017
Messages
862
Reaction score
2,395
Age
35
Country
United States
Hmmm calling someone a “useless weak little princess” that only knows how to “play the damsel in distress” an excessive amount of times, mocking a situation in which after being “kidnapped” she is raped by an insane admirer is not how you back up your claim that “none of dislike Elizabeth”
Nobody hates Eli. She’s not a polarizing character. She’s a generic female battle shonen manga protagonist that loves the MC and whines about love and peace all the time.
There’s nothing wrong with that.

What people hate is this constant frothing at the mouth to make her out to be some sort of god on the battlefield.

People saying they don’t agree with that is not hating on her character.

The extent of Meliodas power is speculated, zeldris ability is speculated, maels power is speculated Merlin’s power is speculated but Elis power deserves no speculation?
The key is keeping it within reasonable means.

Zel is 60K with no mark, and hypothetically should be stronger than Chandler/Cusack as the third highest ranking demon behind Mel/Daddy. And Cusack serves him and supports him as king. It stands to reason he wouldn’t if Zel was weaker. It is reasonable to assume he can reach 100K+.

Mel is 142K with Assault Mode. And was specifically stated to be able to reach at least 50% of daddy’s power if he trained. That was stated.

Merlin had two 30K+ commandments startled by her presence. And even Zeldris was on guard against her. It is reasonable to assume she’s fairly powerful.

Tell me how it’s reasonale to assume Eli is 100K+ when she’s consistently failed against any demon like 50K or above, and has absolutely zero statements about being the strongest goddess, successor to the SD, threatening the demons, or otherwise?

They didn’t even know who she was when they met her the first time.

Chapter 96 final page Eli has 4 incorporeal wings. Chapter 200 original Eli has 4 natural wings. Chapter 208 original Eli has 8 incorporeal wings. Is it wrong for me to be curious of the implications of that?
Tell me what you think the implications are then, because Eli’s light actually attacked Hendrickson and he recovered from it just fine. It accomplished nothing against him. Seeing as every Real] four winged goddess is an archangel( and could easily defeat hendrickson’s 5000K power level at the time), I hope you aren’t trying to say she displayed the power of a real four winged goddess, and then a real 8 winged goddess.

She wouldn’t have needed help if Ludo is 100K+ and can endure several blows from as a mere four winged goddess then.

She did not have 4 true wings during the battle with Hendi. But the reveal of her form 100 chapters later brought back those “fake” 4 wings as actually 4 “real” ones. So why in chapter 96 and 97 did he draw those 4 fake? In the exact same manner why did he draw her with 8? Why is it a parallel circumstance? That is what I want to know.
Her goddess days were her peak.

She had four.

The wings are real. She did not ungrow four wings, and she’s not going to secretly grow back four wings.

And before someone mentions her now, she still does not have any wings. She is human now. The wings are fake. You can see them disappear and reappear constantly. She does not grow them back.

She is the same rank as Ludo and Sariel except she isn’t a warrior, but heals and purifies instead.

I have no excessive stance on her being the most powerful being in universe or being able to fight to the same level as her contemporaries nor even if she will have a fight as hurting people is not what she desires. But what will she do and what is she capable of doing is something I have the utmost curiosity of.
Its fine to be curious and hopeful she’ll be badass and strong in the future.

But a lot of people are talking about her character as of now, and as of now she isn’t impressive at all. She’s failed against anyone above 50k repeatedly.
 
Last edited:

T25

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2018
Messages
1,109
Reaction score
834
Age
28
Country
United States
I don't think he disagrees with my statement though. He knows that Elizabeth will fight if she's basically forced to do so, but thats about it.

As for the I hope she dies quote you'll have to ask him about that. I'm pretty sure he was screwing around when he said it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


Well the problem is rape is a serious matter. And for you to imply that Nakaba put a real rape scene into a manga really does besmirch his name. He's not an idiot nor insensitive. Fake characters killing each other is one thing, but rape is on such another graphic level. Rape is forced sex, not being taken hostage. It doesn't mean "to be forcibly taken away" as it did several upon several years ago.


Then perhaps you should bring them up to Sobreno and not group people together. Aside from Sobreno, the Elizabeth fanbase is even more divergent than he is towards her. You have people on the Elizabeth side that think she is
100K
Mael level
Supreme Deity level
Trash
And these are from her side, not ours. So if you want to say our side is contradictory, you also have to say her side is as well. Or just don't group people together.


These aren't made up numbers, they're from Nakaba himself. I wouldn't call an aspect of the author's manga inadequate, especially when I don't even write the manga. He's shown time and time again that power levels play about 90% in character estimations. Sariel and Tarmiel even brought up power estimations when talking about Estarossa.


She didn't have four fake wings. She made an extra 2 pairs of wings using light. We know that these wings are fake because they disappeared right after. Just like her fake ones did again after she caught Estarossa
Sir I do not believe you are properly reading my comments. What you have stated was an insult to me. Nowhere have I claimed or implied nakaba put any semblance of rape in this regard. My comment was a response to your statement that “none of us dislike Elizabeth” to which I gave comments that have been made on this forum showcasing utter disrespect for the character thereby invalidating your claim that “none of us dislike Elizabeth.” That was my entire point on the matter. I am not so stupid that I make light of comments, the notion and the act of rape as have been done on this forum.

Moving on. Someone who believes Eli to be trash is not her fan and I do not understand how you classified that as specifically her fanbase. And by the way you just told me that I probably shouldn’t group people together but um didn’t you just use the worded “fanbase”, “her side” and “our side.”
However I do agree about your notion that it is only fair that I judge the shortcomings of both views. And I apologize if I came off as too one sided.

As for PL, they are an indicator to us the readers of the threat level and possible capabilities of a character. But so are displays of ability without the mention of PLs. I have made no assertions towards where I believe Eli stacks up power wise. I do in fact have a belief she ultimately may or may not stack up and am merely waiting to see whether that is realized or not. Eli is one of the characters I am most interested in being completely revealed. But I will not assert absurd claims with very little basis

I like to have the chapters I’m referencing right next to me, so to speak, before I make a statement on them. So they are. The allocation of wings, their substance, number, portrayal and chapter they are on have already been stated. So I’m just gonna ask, are you not curious at all as to why nakaba drew 8 in a similar manner that he drew the first 4?
 

MrSchmitty7

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 20, 2016
Messages
3,656
Reaction score
6,861
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sir I do not believe you are properly reading my comments. What you have stated was an insult to me. Nowhere have I claimed or implied nakaba put any semblance of rape in this regard. My comment was a response to your statement that “none of us dislike Elizabeth” to which I gave comments that have been made on this forum showcasing utter disrespect for the character thereby invalidating your claim that “none of us dislike Elizabeth.” That was my entire point on the matter. I am not so stupid that I make light of comments, the notion and the act of rape as have been done on this forum.
I'm pretty sure the mods would delete any posts that promoted or made light of rape on this thread. Elizabeth being kidnapped isn't rape. If we mock her for getting kidnapped, that isn't rape either. I mean I always thought it was funny when a character like princess peach got kidnaped by Bowser in Mario. I don't think that means that I promote rape

Moving on. Someone who believes Eli to be trash is not her fan and I do not understand how you classified that as specifically her fanbase.
You can still be a fan of the character and think that she is a pretty "trashy" fighter. There's more too her than just fighting.

I like to have the chapters I’m referencing right next to me, so to speak, before I make a statement on them. So they are. The allocation of wings, their substance, number, portrayal and chapter they are on have already been stated. So I’m just gonna ask, are you not curious at all as to why nakaba drew 8 in a similar manner that he drew the first 4?
No, I'm not curious because as I stated in the past Nakaba has drawn her with wings of light. If you're asking why they all look the same, it's because Nakaba just didn't put a lot of detail into the drawing. It's something that happens in comics and manga from both western and eastern audiences. If you look at every chapter he's drawn you'll notice that some characters look like their details are ambiguous. For example in chapter 272 Nakaba drew Tarmiel with 2 sets of wings instead of 3. It's not a mistake, it's just the art style. So the fact that he didn't differentiate Elizabeth's real wings from the light wings doesn't shock me because sometimes all the details just won't be drawn. If her real wings are missing feathers in that one scene, then thats fine by me, it's just the comic/manga artsyle.
 
Top