Hangout - Fairy Tail Hangout Thread | Page 181 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

What do you like most about FT/what will you miss most about FT? (3 choices)

• The individual characters

• Moments when the guild is together

• The storytelling and plot twists

• Speculating about what could come up in the story/plot/characters

• Shipping moments that have or you wish to take place

• The feels

• The fights/battles

• The character designs/appearance

• The villains

• The comedy

• The fanservice

• The epic entrances, lines, and badass moments

• Seeing side guilds (non-FT) get attention

• The anime

• Soundtracks/OP/ED in the anime

• Mashima's art/twitter

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tempus Fugit

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
Well, after Mashima got rid of all that Zeref and Acnologia thing, I know that the next 10 chapters will focus on Mirajane.
Thank Buddha.
At least Jellal did not die.
It is the only good thing I can rescue from the chapter.
I keep saying, DF's potential was wasted. :fail

Left Eye of Ra

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Just went to see the Dragon Cry movie with my wife. Got addicted to fairy tail together through Netflix, then bought the remaining blu rays , then read the mangas when the second anime stopped. We are very intellectual and struggled financially as a couple when we met, but are more than well off these days. We bought the movie tickets a week in advance. Would have easily booked out a theatre if it hadn't been showing. To put things in context, we probably own more rare fairy tail collectables than all the members of this forum put together, simply because we love it, have the interest and the means, and for so many years it relaxed us from our increasing responsibilities.

After all that I have to say we walked out of the movie after 45 minutes. Granted, the first movie sucked too, but I am really distressed by this.

The movie completely lacked the feeling of escape, fellowship and wellbeing tthat the the anime gave the viewer and which we loved about it. Lots of reviewers mention the feeling of wellbeing that watching the fairytail anime gives many people, so I hope everone knows what I mean. I had even booked tickets the next morning for my daughter to see it with me (My daughter normally watches fairytail with me avidly), but after this experience I told her she wouldn't like it and let the tickets go.

In the part I saw, Lucy was made an abject object of sexual attraction instead of the usual "try hard" sex goddess (I understand she is drawn very beautifully but that is different to using it effectively as a honey trap). There was none of the usual mixing of comedy, fighting, seriousness and fan service. Didn't really spoil it but we left when several sniggering overweight, bearded early twenty something fellow cinema goers (in different parts of the cinema but in front of their equally overeweight dates and unperturbed by natsu and grey's 8 packs) loudly commented on what they would have done to her if they had her in a dungeon for 2 days.

Forgive me and my own lack of an 8 pack (I'm 40 and unlike my fellow watchers, at least I boasted the more achievable 6 pack for 15 years), but regardless of her beauty, if I had Lucy Heartfilia in a dungeon for a minute, I would have arranged her immediate release and possibly asked for a kiss on the cheek. The alternative voiced so openly around us left both of us quite queasy. We left and went to a bar.

The movie had none of the usual easy fellowship or relationships, and the excellent moments of comedy, relief, fan service and violence were not mixed as usual but separated into discrete segments, making the first half of the movie we saw disjointed and not at all the usual fairy tail experience.

We are very worried now. Fairytail has become a big part of our life. We wait for each new manga each week, and unlike many comments, we invariably love it. And before you judge, we love the beautifully drawn male and female characters, including "fan service". It is just beauty, after all

But is this movie going to be the new standard for the new anime? And are we really unwittingly part of a group of "inappropriate" anime fans who generally are staring at Lucy's tits, just like the critics say? Will my daughter, who's 9, be able to watch the new series? As comparison, we saw sword art online - ordinal scale at the same theatre a months before (the first subtitled anime we had seen in a theatre) and had a great time and were amazed at the sophistication of our fellow cinema goers. Is fairy tail really just for fat, bearded no hopers obsessed with Lucy's tits? For so many years, we had found so much more meaning in it. But more importantly, is this what the new series will be like?

I don't mean to criticise anyone on here (and don't get me wrong, I also got very overweight myself at one point), and I assume all sorts of people love fairy tail. Nonetheless, the difference between our cinema experience with the SAO (which we barely watch) and the Fairytail movies were palpable. Is this what we can expect from now on with the anime? Were we living in a rarified fairytail bubble? Your (constructive and non judgmental) comments would be most appreciated.

Also, is the second half of the movie worth going back for or is it more of the same?

Last edited:

Tempus Fugit

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
Nice avatar Mr. @DiMaria Yesta. xD!
It reminded me when I was a kid and my family used to watch that soap opera.

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Just went to see the Dragon Cry movie with my wife. Got addicted to fairy tail together through Netflix, then bought the remaining blu rays , then read the mangas when the second anime stopped. We are very intellectual and struggled financially as a couple when we met, but are more than well off these days. We bought the movie tickets a week in advance. Would have easily booked out a theatre if it hadn't been showing. To put things in context, we probably own more rare fairy tail collectables than all the members of this forum put together, simply because we love it, have the interest and the means, and for so many years it relaxed us from our increasing responsibilities.

After all that I have to say we walked out of the movie after 45 minutes. Granted, the first movie sucked too, but I am really distressed by this.

The movie completely lacked the feeling of escape, fellowship and wellbeing tthat the the anime gave the viewer and which we loved about it. Lots of reviewers mention the feeling of wellbeing that watching the fairytail anime gives many people, so I hope everone knows what I mean. I had even booked tickets the next morning for my daughter to see it with me (My daughter normally watches fairytail with me avidly), but after this experience I told her she wouldn't like it and let the tickets go.

In the part I saw, Lucy was made an abject object of sexual attraction instead of the usual "try hard" sex goddess (I understand she is drawn very beautifully but that is different to using it effectively as a honey trap). There was none of the usual mixing of comedy, fighting, seriousness and fan service. Didn't really spoil it but we left when several sniggering overweight, bearded early twenty something fellow cinema goers (in different parts of the cinema but in front of their equally overeweight dates and unperturbed by natsu and grey's 8 packs) loudly commented on what they would have done to her if they had her in a dungeon for 2 days.

Forgive me and my own lack of an 8 pack (I'm 40 and unlike my fellow watchers, at least I boasted the more achievable 6 pack for 15 years), but regardless of her beauty, if I had Lucy Heartfilia in a dungeon for a minute, I would have arranged her immediate release and possibly asked for a kiss on the cheek. The alternative voiced so openly around us left both of us quite queasy. We left and went to a bar.

The movie had none of the usual easy fellowship or relationships, and the excellent moments of comedy, relief, fan service and violence were not mixed as usual but separated into discrete segments, making the first half of the movie we saw disjointed and not at all the usual fairy tail experience.

We are very worried now. Fairytail has become a big part of our life. We wait for each new manga each week, and unlike many comments, we invariably love it. And before you judge, we love the beautifully drawn male and female characters, including "fan service". It is just beauty, after all

But is this movie going to be the new standard for the new anime? And are we really unwittingly part of a group of "inappropriate" anime fans who generally are staring at Lucy's tits, just like the critics say? Will my daughter, who's 9, be able to watch the new series? As comparison, we saw sword art online - ordinal scale at the same theatre a months before (the first subtitled anime we had seen in a theatre) and had a great time and were amazed at the sophistication of our fellow cinema goers. Is fairy tail really just for fat, bearded no hopers obsessed with Lucy's tits? For so many years, we had found so much more meaning in it. But more importantly, is this what the new series will be like?

I don't mean to criticise anyone on here (and don't get me wrong, I also got very overweight myself at one point), and I assume all sorts of people love fairy tail. Nonetheless, the difference between our cinema experience with the SAO (which we barely watch) and the Fairytail movies were palpable. Is this what we can expect from now on with the anime? Were we living in a rarified fairytail bubble? Your (constructive and non judgmental) comments would be most appreciated.

Also, is the second half of the movie worth going back for or is it more of the same?
I didn't watch the movie but i see tonnes of positives comments about "Dragon Cry" movie. You're the first person to post a negative comment after watching, It seems it annoyed you to the point of stop watching half way yet you say you're an epic FT fan but you couldn't stand 45min you didn't read the whole book to judge. The fan service exists in both manga and anime so idk why you don't like the movie yet you find fan service in manga beautiful :S

I respect that you're trying to protect your daughter. I'd say the fan service can cross the line sometimes i think it's not suitable for a 9 years old it's better if she read/watch when she grow older.

It seems that the negative comments impacted your view on the manga that's the only explanation.

Miralicious akuma

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I didn't watch the movie but i see tonnes of positives comments about "Dragon Cry" movie. You're the first person to post a negative comment after watching, It seems it annoyed you to the point of stop watching half way yet you say you're an epic FT fan but you couldn't stand 45min you didn't read the whole book to judge. The fan service exists in both manga and anime so idk why you don't like the movie yet you find fan service in manga beautiful :S

I respect that you're trying to protect your daughter. I'd say the fan service can cross the line sometimes i think it's not suitable for a 9 years old it's better if she read/watch when she grow older.

It seems that the negative comments impacted your view on the manga that's the only explanation.
not exactly raven, fan service can serve as a comic relief and could be enjoyable if it placed at right time and moment but if its forced everywhere and not used at the right time ( like during serious battles ) it just becomes meh. (in my opinion atleast. )
Thats what he was trying to imply i guess, maybe the fanservice moments were forced af in the movie which left a bad taste.:awe

Last edited:

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I'm holding my judgement on this manga until it finish. I have many things i want to talk about but it's not the right time now.

@Brandish Will the FT section remains when the manga finish? Mashima confirmed in his twitter that FT will continue even if the original ends.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I have a question.Did the GOI and Jura die?Last we saw them was lying on the floor severely injured.But if we don't see them any more should we consider they died due to the severe injuries received from God Serena?

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Forums will tend to remain open as long as there is discussion for the topic of that forum. I don't see Fairy Tail being archived any time soon.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I'm holding my judgement on this manga until it finish. I have many things i want to talk about but it's not the right time now.

@Brandish Will the FT section remains when the manga finish? Mashima confirmed in his twitter that FT will continue even if the original ends.
I think it's a good idea to withhold judgement in most cases tbh. Sometimes you can just get all emotional at 1 point in time, like the recent chapter for instance, and then flail the whole manga. That said I completely understand where a lot of people are coming from, given what happened in the chapter. I'm probably in that group.

As for the question about the section, I'll get back to you on that. I mean the section will definitely be open for a time after the manga has ended regardless. But I don't have a crystal ball, so it will depend on activity, and what the go is with Hiro's new work I guess.

What do you think Mashima's new work will be about? Will it be like Boruto for Naruto for example? I haven't been up to date with Hiro's twitter.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I have a question.Did the GOI and Jura die?Last we saw them was lying on the floor severely injured.But if we don't see them any more should we consider they died due to the severe injuries received from God Serena?
Nah surely they're not dead. They weren't Serena'd. Plus didn't Warrod say he could make a break for Fairy Tail before Acno came? He could cast a 2000km tree easily. There's also the effect of Universe One too.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
I think it's a good idea to withhold judgement in most cases tbh. Sometimes you can just get all emotional at 1 point in time, like the recent chapter for instance, and then flail the whole manga. That said I completely understand where a lot of people are coming from, given what happened in the chapter. I'm probably in that group.

As for the question about the section, I'll get back to you on that. I mean the section will definitely be open for a time after the manga has ended regardless. But I don't have a crystal ball, so it will depend on activity, and what the go is with Hiro's new work I guess.

What do you think Mashima's new work will be about? Will it be like Boruto for Naruto for example? I haven't been up to date with Hiro's twitter.

Nah surely they're not dead. They weren't Serena'd. Plus didn't Warrod say he could make a break for Fairy Tail before Acno came? He could cast a 2000km tree easily. There's also the effect of Universe One too.
But if we don't see them again and never hear of them again then what?

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
But if we don't see them again and never hear of them again then what?
They're minor characters so never seeing them again wouldn't be a big drama. I feel Hiro missed the boat with their return during U1.

Tbh I don't need to see them. Jura at LS might get a panel if he's lucky.
It's probably Brandish :emocat we got tears...

I'll be moved to tears if Mavis dies I can assure you
What do I get for being a smart ass? Ichiya dying instead. The above is probs the biggest fail post of all time. Instead of Mavis... Ichiya :emocat

75ChaosFlare

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Even though it seems very disappointing with how the majority antagonist were defeated, I don't mind waiting with the next 10 chapters.

I don't hate FT, but to me there was a lot of stuff that didn't need to happen or at best ideas that were good on paper but wasn't the exact moment to take place leaving it a tad bit unnecessary.

Nemispelled

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
What do I get for being a smart ass? Ichiya dying instead. The above is probs the biggest fail post of all time. Instead of Mavis... Ichiya :emocat

Well, at least you got the "being moved to tears" part right.

Albeit, it wasn't for the right reason (in fact, it was the opposite), but I wouldn't consider that the biggest fail post of all time.

Technically, you still got 90% of that sentence right.. it just happened that the names were unfortunately mixed up.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Create your own theory: What will Brandish + DiMaria unison raid be

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker

It matters for rationale judgement.

I don't have any idea about his new manga but surely the future Fairy tail projects will be about main cast's off spring and such, Natsu's training during the time skip, Natsu and Lucy's next journey and maybe more detailed lore from 400 years or Natsu and Zeref childhood with their parents.

It seems that i didn't click the the "Post Reply" button hence the late the reply xD

Dranzer

Reaction score
Country
Australia
This is kinda off topic but seeing as Rusty joined Crime Sorciere in the anime, I assumed he would eventually join in the manga too, anyone else think it'll still happen?

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
This is kinda off topic but seeing as Rusty joined Crime Sorciere in the anime, I assumed he would eventually join in the manga too, anyone else think it'll still happen?
I've prayed that this would happen like all the time. I like him a lot as a character but he's just so forgotten.

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
If Mashima played LoL i think he would get pretty nice ideas for FT.

Shurmia's Empire
"Nasus" and "Renekton" are two brothers, Nasus is wise and the most elite warrior of Shurmia and Renekton is reckless but also powerful. Both were chosen to be ascended from normal beings to powerful invincible warriors with huge amount of power and wisdom using it to protect their empire "Shurima" from any danger and the source of their power is the sun disk. The enemies of this empire were shitting their pants just by hearing their names.

The former Emperor of Shurima ( Azir's father ) got many children and Azir was the weakest among his sons. Due to Azir's fragile body and lack of confidence his father didn't love him as much as he loved the rest of his children. Azir was pretty much forgotten he even made friends with "Xerath" one of the slaves because no body wanted to treat him properly. Both Xerath and Azir spent their childhood together, By the time Azir and Xerath bond became even stronger. Azir promised Xerath to make him his brother and together they will rule Shurima. One day a group of assassins break into the Empire and killed all of Emperor's children but Azir because the assassin who chased him got slained by Azir and Xerath. The rest of the assassins got slained by Renekton but it was too late. The Emperor wanted to make more children because he wanted a strong son to carry the duties of the Empire plus he truly hated Azir. The queen got pregnant many times but every child dies inside her because of odd reasons. Eventually the queen bore a healthy son but during the time of his birth a terrible storm engulfed Shurima and hit the queen's chamber many times by powerful bolts of lightening. The outcome of this storm was really sad the queen and her newborn son are dead even the guards didn't make it alive. The Emperor went mad in grief, It was said he committee suicide upon hearing the news but soon they found out that Emperor and his guards corpses laying in pieces on the floor their bodies is little more like shard skeletons.

Azir was shocked from what happened to his father, The Empire needed a leader and with Xerath on his side he took over Shurima. Over the next decades he expanded Shurmia's borders. He created a new law to treat slaves with more respect and eventually to free them he kept it secret from Xerath because he can't let them go in a day and many of the nobles houses depended on the enforced labor to ensure their wealth and power that's why he kept it secret. Despite Azir's desire to make Xerath his brother he couldn't do it until all slaves of Shurima were free, During those years Xerath guided the expansion of the empire and protected Azir from his political rivals.

Azir married tonnes of women and fathered tonnes of children, He wanted to rule the world but Xerath convinced Azir that he can't do that without being invincible to be a god amongst men an ascended being. Soon after Azir announced that he will do that the Ascension ritual and it's the time to take his place alongside Nasus and Renekton. Many questioned his decisions because the Ascension ritual is dangerous and only intended for those who are chosen in their last moments of their lives. Azir arrogance also grew like his Empire, He punished those who disagreed with him by death. The Ascension day finally came and Azir marched towards the dice of the ascension surrounded by his guards and his citizens. Both Nasus and Renekton were upset, Xerath called them to deal with an emergent threat but nothing can stop Azir because of he saw the ascension as his great destiny. Azir climbed to the golden disk and the sun priests began the ritual meanwhile he turned around and freed Xerath and all the slaves. He even embraced Xerath and named him his eternal brother and fulfilled his old promise.

The priests began the ritual to bring down the awesome power of the sun. Xerath learned dark arts of magic while nursing a desire for freedom that grown like a cancer like a burning hatred now the former slave unleashed his powers and blasted Azir away from the dice, Without the protection of the runic spell Azir was consumed by the sun fire and Xerath took his place. The light entered Xerath and he roared while his mortal body is being transformed to an ascended being

Nasus and Renekton raced back to check what happened. Azir has been consumed by the sun disk, the empire is in ruins and the sun disk is falling. They encountered Xerath a being with so malevolent power, Nasus came up with a plan which is sealing Xerath in a sarcophagus that held sacred fire. For days and nights they battled but the mage was too powerful even tho they manged to put him in the sarcophagus he shattered it and fought back with sacred spells fueled from the sun disk that he drained. At this point they realized that Xerath can't be destroyed. Xerath is very powerful mage but his physical states were weak compared to that of Renekton. Renekton manged to wrestle Xerath to the deathless tomb of the Emperor's there he shouted at his brother to seal them in forever knowing that there is no other way to stop Xerath. As for both Renek and Xerath falling deep in the tomb, Nasus accepted his brother request and sealed the tomb for all entirety. In the tomb Xerath and Renekton continued their battle for uncounted year.

Without the Sun disk power, The Great Shurima's empire collapsed to dust in the world above. Xerath poisoned Renekton's thoughts and it gradually took effect after the centuries rolled on, Piece by piece Renekton sanity cracked and Xerath used it as a weapon to direct it back at Nasus when the time comes. He corrupted his mind and twisted his perception of what was real and what was imagined. Outside the tomb Nasus faced many difficulties without his brother's help not to mention the burden of damming his brother in darkness. He wondered the deserts and slowly lost his sanity by the the time the name and title of "Nasus the curator of the sands" became a legend. All what remained in Azir's Empire was sunken ruins and echos of it's ppl screams on the night winds, Azir saw none of this his last moments were painful and sad. After thousands of years. The sun disk give him and his Empire a second chance.

A women came from "Noxus" called "Cassiopeia" traveled to Shuriama and seeked a guide to take her to the fame of the lost city Sherima but not any guide she hired the owner of the legendary ancient blade the mercenary called "Sivir". They begin their journey in the Sherumian deserts, They found a stairway leading to the underground Sivir's men were caught in traps and all dead. The only remaining were Cassiopeia and Sivir. They climbed down more into the darkness they saw a huge serpent silently guarding the doors to the tomb of the Emperor's. The ancient weapon is the key to open the tomb. Cassiopeia betrayed Sivir and took her blade to open the tomb. Sivir's was the last bloodline of Azir and as her blood soaks into the ancient sands a deep magic sparks to life. A scary voice was heard "Resurrection" his mind first then his body snatched back from oblivion to be reborn. Azir has been Resurrected by the sun disk and healed his last daughter Sivir.

The tomb is now opened and Xerath is free again but also Renekton. Renekton roared his fury and thundered out to the Shuriman desert sniffing the air for the scent of his brother. Renek now rooms the desert seeking the death of Nasus the traitor he believed who left him to die.

Characters and devices in FT to play those roles.

Natsu - Renekton
Zeref - Nasus
Former Dragon king - Azir
Acnologia - Xerath
Ultear - Cassiopeia
Dragon cry girl - Sivir
Freed - Priest
Time lapse - Deathless tomb

Last edited: