Hangout Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

What do you like most about FT/what will you miss most about FT? (3 choices)

  • The individual characters

  • Moments when the guild is together

  • The storytelling and plot twists

  • Speculating about what could come up in the story/plot/characters

  • Shipping moments that have or you wish to take place

  • The feels

  • The fights/battles

  • The character designs/appearance

  • The villains

  • The comedy

  • The fanservice

  • The epic entrances, lines, and badass moments

  • Seeing side guilds (non-FT) get attention

  • The anime

  • Soundtracks/OP/ED in the anime

  • Mashima's art/twitter


Results are only viewable after voting.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,640
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Moderator Notice:
Please remember to keep discussion civil. It's fine to disagree with others but please do so in a constructive manner that doesn't undermine them or their thoughts. ~ SirSamuel016
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,107
Reaction score
12,870
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
I just look at it like this @Debonair Raven: if she wrote a review more appeasing to nalu fans would the same criticism be heard, from you or anybody? I agree with your concerns that it could cause more people to gain dislike towards them but is it really fair to come at her for wanting to write in an objective, but from her perspective review... everyone should embrace different personalities
Man the Nalu is sensitive topic talking about them like this is wrong. The Nalu part lured me, I expected her to criticize the Irene plot as well but she didn't which actually annoyed me, I don't consider this moment FS but Since when fan service is more criticizable than the actual plot? Maybe i was harsh but i get angry really fast.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Man the Nalu is sensitive topic talking about them like this is wrong. The Nalu part lured me, I expected her to criticize the Irene plot as well but she didn't which actually annoyed me, I don't consider this moment FS but Since when fan service is more criticizable than the actual plot? Maybe i was harsh but i get angry really fast.
YOU DO. Lol, was no reason to snap at Bel or anyone for just giving her thoughts of a chapter, in their perspective. It's better for everyone when everyone likes the same thing or event but just have to understand not everyone shares your same view. It's better that way, to me at least
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
Problem is, almost nothing will be unbiased anyway. Why bother reading reviews if you will get mad or annoyed at a review or certain part? if you can't handle opinions or reviews without getting mad, then you shouldn't be reading or posting, honestly. Like, nothing wrong with getting mad or annoyed when replying as long as it's constructive and good though.
I know nothing can be completely objective or unbiased but imo a review needs to have these qualities as much as it can. Of course, personal preferences can be there too but I was just pointing out how it ignored flaws in the Irene plot. And when did I ever say I was annoyed, mad, triggered etc?
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,107
Reaction score
12,870
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
YOU DO. Lol, was no reason to snap at Bel or anyone for just giving her thoughts of a chapter, in their perspective. It's better for everyone when everyone likes the same thing or event but just have to understand not everyone shares your same view. It's better that way, to me at least
Sorry about late reply, I wasn't in a mood to reply

I don't have problems and i'm so fine with it in chapter discussion because everyone has the right to say what he feels regarding this chapter but this is different. At least you should consider those who loved this moment in your review when it's directed to everyone in this forum, consider that the things you disliked is liked and vice versa.

I should admit that whatever the content is, It still took hours and it is hard working even if i disagree. So i'm sorry #Belserion for creating a negative atmosphere around your review. *Hugs*
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I know nothing can be completely objective or unbiased but imo a review needs to have these qualities as much as it can. Of course, personal preferences can be there too but I was just pointing out how it ignored flaws in the Irene plot. And when did I ever say I was annoyed, mad, triggered etc?
Why should it, though? We're reading what the person thinks, even if it's a review. Plus, why are you guys getting all bent out of shape over a disagreement? You may not show it, but the argument shows it. Much better to have biased reviews because seeing things from other points of view can help you understand the manga more.

I wasn't talking about you or you in this instance though. Look back the past few pages and you'll see what I"m talking about. Ridiculous thing to argue about and get angry over. Like, I like Irene, so it confuses me when people point out flaws with her or say that she's plot to make Erza important or something. Annoying as fuck when people use this to argue "Nalu haters" though.


Not trying to be hostile or troll you or anything, just so we're clear. Discussing is all.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Belserion has her opinion, and this is just the hand that has been dealt with. There are many other reviews online of this chapter (youtube, for example). The reviews are not the official stance or anything. Even the mods here will have differing opinions.

I think my only problem with the thread is the fact that it's only the first submission that gets put forth. IMO, it would have been better if we obeyed the 24 hour spoiler rule and picked the submission randomly after everyone has had a chance to submit their entries. This is a separate issue altogether, and not a major one.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Belserion has her opinion, and this is just the hand that has been dealt with. There are many other reviews online of this chapter (youtube, for example). The reviews are not the official stance or anything. Even the mods here will have differing opinions.

I think my only problem with the thread is the fact that it's only the first submission that gets put forth. IMO, it would have been better if we obeyed the 24 hour spoiler rule and picked the submission randomly after everyone has had a chance to submit their entries. This is a separate issue altogether, and not a major one.
It's a sort of a contest where people do reviews and you choose one at random, or do you choose one to feature it?
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
It's a sort of a contest where people do reviews and you choose one at random, or do you choose one to feature it?
Right now it's first come first serve. If we were to select a random one, I would like it to be at complete randomness. We would still probably read it over to make sure its appropriate and not just spam.
 
  • Like
Reactions: M3J

Aizen

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2016
Messages
1,469
Reaction score
4,067
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The issue with that though is you are having people do work and adhere to the format of the review Brandish outlined, and then you may not even choose theirs. Seems like a waste of time for several people then. Sure they could post theirs in the chapter thread should they not get chosen, but depending on how quickly it's decided who's gets posted, it seems like the week may have already past and new spoilers are out.
 
Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Right now it's first come first serve. If we were to select a random one, I would like it to be at complete randomness. We would still probably read it over to make sure its appropriate and not just spam.
Oh yeah, definitely have to read it. YOu can always give each review a number and use a site that selects a number at random, or turn it into a contest.
The issue with that is though that you are having people do work and adhere to the format of the review Brandish outlined, and then you may not even choose theirs. Seems like a waste of time for several people then. Sure they could post theirs in the chapter thread should they not get chosen, but depending on how quickly it's decided who's gets posted, it seems like the week may have already past and new spoilers are out.
Best way is to either let them post review threads or make a weekly thread where they can post reviews, and another thread to discuss the reviews or use the CHapter Discussion. Thorough/long reviews shouldn't be in the Chapter Discussion, honestly. Unless it's a short review, it's more detrimental not to let reviews be posted in their own threads. What the mods can do is super sticky the winning thread or something.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I think my only problem with the thread is the fact that it's only the first submission that gets put forth. IMO, it would have been better if we obeyed the 24 hour spoiler rule and picked the submission randomly after everyone has had a chance to submit their entries. This is a separate issue altogether, and not a major one.
It could also go like the first person to notify Brandish or an admin their intentions on wanting to write a review will have the honor. That mod will announce in the chapter review thread who was the first to reply and then just delete that comment and unlock the thread for the nominated one to post their review after you guys examined it. That way so nobody is 1. rushing to finish hastily to be the first one which could cause the review to be sloppy instead of more thorough by the reviewer and 2. so nobody's time is wasted making a tedious review just for it not to be the one used.
 

Aizen

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2016
Messages
1,469
Reaction score
4,067
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh yeah, definitely have to read it. YOu can always give each review a number and use a site that selects a number at random, or turn it into a contest.

Best way is to either let them post review threads or make a weekly thread where they can post reviews, and another thread to discuss the reviews or use the CHapter Discussion. Thorough/long reviews shouldn't be in the Chapter Discussion, honestly. Unless it's a short review, it's more detrimental not to let reviews be posted in their own threads. What the mods can do is super sticky the winning thread or something.
I do like the idea of having a thread where people can post reviews under that format, but then why have a "winning one"? Seems unnecessary at that point, just let people do more formal stuff in that thread. For everyone else that likes to do posts/reviews with emojis and pictures i don't see any issue with that being done in the chapter discussion. While there is a limit for sure on how long a review should get in the chapter discussion, this is a topic that typically gets 30-40 pages worth of content. Why would we worry about that when it seems to me it has been fine the way it is. Perhaps others feel differently though so just my opinion on this of course.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Good point. Maybe have its own thread? BUt my issue with my ideas is too many threads, and too many threads are annoying as fuck and cluttery. But whatever you guys prefer, I guess, as you guys are more serious than I am.

My issue with long/serious reviews being posted in Chapter Discussion is that it may not get the attention it should get or create discussions.
 

Aizen

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2016
Messages
1,469
Reaction score
4,067
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Good point. Maybe have its own thread? BUt my issue with my ideas is too many threads, and too many threads are annoying as fuck and cluttery. But whatever you guys prefer, I guess, as you guys are more serious than I am.

My issue with long/serious reviews being posted in Chapter Discussion is that it may not get the attention it should get or create discussions.
Yeah certainly too many threads may look silly and especially if it's several ones with different restrictions. The best way i think is to have the one Brandish posted be for people who want to post reviews under those guidelines, or do it the way Doughboy said and make it a selected person so people do not waste time.
As for longer posts/reviews in the chapter discussion, i can only speak for myself in that i do decently long posts for each chapter for FT. I am personally fine with them either getting discussion or not, either way is fine for me as i don't do them officially or expect anything from them other than my enjoyment in writing them. Others also do long posts though so they would have to say how much that means to them as well.
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm just going to give my opinion on this so don't take it too seriously. Also, it's kind of long so bear with me. Basically, I can see a number of problems that will arise if the first submission is always being used on the homepage.

1. Difference in Timezones

First and foremost, I think this system will limit the number of members who can have their reviews featured on Mangahelpers' homepage. By this I mean the difference in time-zones. Since we are a community with many people living in different parts of the world, some may be able to read the chapter before others. Thus, they can put out a review faster. I know at least where I live, the chapters usually come out early in the morning between 2:00 AM to 5:00 AM. And at that time, I'm probably sleeping. Not to mention, there are people who have to go work or go to school, so its hard to be the first one to post.

2. Rushing on Reviews

Since this is a new idea, we haven't really experienced much of it. Honestly, I can see a bunch of people rushing on the reviews to have theirs up on the homepage first. Although they may be satisfied themselves, others will read the review and find out that there were some flaws in it. I just think its for the better if the first reviews aren't always the ones featured.

**NOTE: I don't think its a big deal if the Review Thread contains many reviews with some not being featured on the homepage because the purpose of writing one is so that people can read it. And I guarantee a lot of people will read them when they visit the Review Thread. Just to clarify, there is no fame with having your review on the homepage. Just like it isn't necessarily better than the other reviews. One writes a review because they want to give their thoughts on the manga, not so that they get likes or their name will be known.



Overall, seeing as many people love to write reviews, I sort of like @Axiomus' idea. With that said, here are some choices that I think we have...

1. First Submission Chosen
2. Moderators choosing Reviews at Random
3. Poll of all the Reviews where Members can Vote for the Best Review (Lasts about 3 Days)


In terms of fairness, the ranking would go...
  1. Moderators choosing Reviews at Random
  2. Poll of all the Reviews where Members can Vote for the Best Review (Lasts about 3 Days)
  3. First Submission Chosen
In terms of efficiency, the ranking would go...
  1. First Submission Chosen
  2. Moderators choosing Reviews at Random
  3. Poll of all the Reviews where Members can Vote for the Best Review (Lasts about 3 Days)
Taking the moderators into account, I understand that allowing them to choose a review will be more time-consuming (and less efficient). Also, the problem with members voting on the best review is that there will be heavy bias among fandoms. Of course, the moderators are biased too (we all are), but I guess our only option is to trust them.
 
Last edited:

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Perhaps we can randomly pick who is doing the review a few days before they actually write it. That way, the people who don't get selected won't have to put in unnecessary effort. The person who gets selected would know a few days in advance that they will be the one writing the review. Of course, only people who are interested in writing the review will be selected.

Of course, when I start thinking about the logistics of what must be done to achieve a system like this, the "first comes first serve" idea becomes more and more appealing. Altogether, this is not too large of an issue. I don't put too much emphasis on reading reviews, as I enjoy discussing things with people in the chapter discussion threads. ^.^
 

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 8, 2016
Messages
3,107
Reaction score
12,870
Age
32
Gender
Female
Country
Joker
I think more than 1 review is needed to satisfy all but it should be limited to 3 or 5 reviews per chapter. So when a guest or a member actually read the reviews he/she will find variety of aspects.
 

Boomburst

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2016
Messages
945
Reaction score
1,872
Country
United States
I think more than 1 review is needed to satisfy all but it should be limited to 3 or 5 reviews per chapter. So when a guest or a member actually read the reviews he/she will find variety of aspects.
Exactly what I was thinking. People read reviews to consider different viewpoints and help shape their own opinions and having only one review to represent the overall opinion of the community leaves other points of view unexplored and unrepresented.
 
Top