Hangout Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

What do you like most about FT/what will you miss most about FT? (3 choices)

  • The individual characters

  • Moments when the guild is together

  • The storytelling and plot twists

  • Speculating about what could come up in the story/plot/characters

  • Shipping moments that have or you wish to take place

  • The feels

  • The fights/battles

  • The character designs/appearance

  • The villains

  • The comedy

  • The fanservice

  • The epic entrances, lines, and badass moments

  • Seeing side guilds (non-FT) get attention

  • The anime

  • Soundtracks/OP/ED in the anime

  • Mashima's art/twitter


Results are only viewable after voting.

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
*Has debated whether to continue reading Fairy Tail*
*Reads the Butthurt and rage posts on Discord*
:notsure
*Someone who may or may not be Emperor Spriggan tells me that
Erza busts a meteor and Irene offs herself
*
*...*
Aaaaand Dropped
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
 

Vici

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
3,413
Reaction score
16,901
Gender
Female
Country
Pyke
So...after today's disaster, does anyone have anymore hope for August or Acnologia? I for sure don't and I am the biggest Acno fan around here. :yodawg
I have slight hope but I don't have such expectations like there will make a bloodshed ( The only characters that may suffer are characters without FT guild mark which after whole Arc them being used in such manner won't make any Villian look better in my eyes )

For August I hope he will face the team of Gildarts,Jellal and Laxus because it will give a good chance for all these 4 characters to show off on another side if August will be chosen to hype new Natsu powers when then his display will be underwhelming..

As for Acno is pretty the same I hope that Every DS ( or at least 5 from the past ) will somehow contribute to his downfall ( not only giving away they element and that's all.. ) Of course, Last blow is reserved for Natsu.
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
*Has debated whether to continue reading Fairy Tail*
*Reads the Butthurt and rage posts on Discord*
:notsure
*Someone who may or may not be Emperor Spriggan tells me that
Erza busts a meteor and Irene offs herself
*
*...*
Aaaaand Dropped
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
LOL OMG I died xdddd!

Mashima is truly the king of trolls. :kappa
 

Cat Sidhe26

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 12, 2015
Messages
7,294
Reaction score
16,204
Gender
Female
Country
United States
*Has debated whether to continue reading Fairy Tail*
*Reads the Butthurt and rage posts on Discord*
:notsure
*Someone who may or may not be Emperor Spriggan tells me that
Erza busts a meteor and Irene offs herself
*
*...*
Aaaaand Dropped
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I almost died laughing at this and this shit is comedy gold.
LOL OMG I died xdddd!

Mashima is truly the king of trolls. :kappa
It really is. I second that motion.
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,660
Reaction score
31,921
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
@CyberLance @xXCHILLEYXx
In Japan, people tend to separate how things go in real life and logic in fiction. So how a character gets a power-up other people find BS, they never care about it. As long as there are hope, future, action etc, they accept it. East Asian and Southeast Asian countries face a problem like increasing number of suicide case. So that's why many manga always insert some nakama stuff in their story. While in Western Countries characters you mentioned like Natsu, Lucy, and Erza are hated, in Japan they are very popular instead.

I am not trying to defend Fairy Tail. I am just telling the fact :)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Oh and of course there are gloomy series, but they usually are not as popular as Shounen.
 

CyberLance

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2016
Messages
418
Reaction score
566
Age
38
Country
Sweden
@CyberLance @xXCHILLEYXx
In Japan, people tend to separate how things go in real life and logic in fiction. So how a character gets a power-up other people find BS, they never care about it. As long as there are hope, future, action etc, they accept it. East Asian and Southeast Asian countries face a problem like increasing number of suicide case. So that's why many manga always insert some nakama stuff in their story. While in Western Countries characters you mentioned like Natsu, Lucy, and Erza are hated, in Japan they are very popular instead.

I am not trying to defend Fairy Tail. I am just telling the fact :)
Yea i have noticed that most Japanese anime, manga, video games and other Japanese media focus plenty on friendship, family, never giving up, life and the world being like an adventure filled with miracles and dreams coming true, hope for the future and other very positive things so yea the Japanese obviously loves that stuff and yea Japan seems to have WAY more suspension of disbelief than people got over here nowadays because people over here cant separete fiction from reality anymore.

Here in the west people seems to have a way more negative view on people and the world and people want everything to be as realistic as possible and want the characters to act and work just like real life people would act in these situations and most western people nowadays seems to have completely lost there suspension of disbelief and dont want to see characters be able to do stuff you cant do in the real world unless its part of magic or superpowers and thinks everything that is not the classic and old stuff from fiction that we have seen hundreds of times before is stupid, weird and should not be taken seriously.

I know most people hate it but i personally love the focus on friendship, family, hope, never giving up and all the other stuff i mentioned before because i love the positive and happy feelings it gives me and it sure feels way better than how negative most media here in the west is nowadays where almost everything must be dark, terrible, violent and have little hope.
Its almost only stuff made for young children that are not like that nowadays over here.
And that the Japanese got so much more suspension of disbelief than people got in the west is probably why they create new, original, different and creative things all the time and we over here almost never creates anything new and different anymore.
 
Last edited:

randimari

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2017
Messages
105
Reaction score
248
Age
33
Country
United States
I hope you keep your word @xXCHILLEYXx. I noticed your comments. No need to make false claims on your status with FT and not follow through with them. Chapters will not be great every week and competent normal to get frustrated but overreactions are even more absurd in my honest opinion. Just wanted to say that and I mean no harm :)
 

xXCHILLEYXx

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2016
Messages
235
Reaction score
692
Age
28
Country
Canada
Yea i have noticed that most Japanese anime, manga, video games and other Japanese media focus plenty of friendship, family, never giving up, life and the world being like an adventure filled with miracles and dreams coming true, hope for the future and other very positive things so yea the Japanese obviously loves that stuff and yea Japan seems to have WAY more suspension of disbelief than people got over here nowadays because people over here cant separete fiction from reality anymore.

Here in the west people seems to have a way more negative view on people and the world and people want everything to be as realistic as possible and want the characters to act and work just like real life people would act in these situations and most western people nowadays seems to have completely lost there suspension of disbelief and thinks everything that is not the classic and old stuff from fiction that we have seen hundreds of times before is stupid, weird and should not be taken seriously.

I know most people hate it but i personally love the focus on friendship, family, hope, never giving up and all the other stuff i mentioned before because i love the positive and happy feelings it gives me and it sure feels way better than how negative most media here in the west i s nowadays where almost everything must be dark, terrible, violent and have little hope.
Its only stuff made for young children that are not like that nowadays over here.
And that the Japanese got so much more suspension of disbelief than people got in the west is probably why they create new, original, different and creative things all the time and we over here almost never creates anything new and different anymore.
I myself love fantasy and things not being realistic cause if it's too realistic then it just became's a slice of life manga which I find boring cause I read manga's and play games to escape realism but there has to be some logic for it to be relatable and to give a sense of danger and fear.

I don't know if this post is going against the rules or is against the terms of service so if it is, please feel free to delete it. Also i'm sorry in advance for dumping my personal life on you but this is the only way I can fully explain why I hate Erza so much and why I hate the BS in this manga sometimes. Also if I said anything that wrong or if I over reacted, i'm truly sorry. This post should explain why I over react and be a douche sometimes XD

This is a personal story but since you guys are like real friends to me ill tell it: Erza was a character i had a very personal and deep connection to cause when she explained why she wears her armour and never takes it off is the same reason why I never took off my special coat in public when I was younger. When erza explained that the reason why she wears her armour is because she feels uncomfortable, insecure and weak without is the same reason why I also wore my coat and never took it off in public. Hell I never even took it off in school, Every single class in school I wore my coat, even when the teachers yelled at me to take it off I never did. Though it cause me a few trips to the principals office cause apparently I was "invading the dress code" some how, but I still never took it off cause I felt safe wearing the coat, I felt secure in the coat. I was able to talk to people easily in the coat. I don't really know what it was about that coat but when my mother bought me the coat, it was right around the time where I was getting bulled pretty hard so I just had this emotional connection to the coat.

Later after I got older and grew out of my fear of being judged in pubic I started getting into anime and manga. So i've seen a few anime's on Netflix and the second anime i've seen was Fairy Tail. At first i've wasn't that into it and I was about to drop it until Erza's character was introduced, when she just slam that door opened and carrying the horn like a boss I was hooked, Everything about erza is what I was waiting for. Then I started to binge watch the heck out of fairy tail. Then when the Tower of Heaven arc began I was excited cause we get to learn more about erza, then later on when she explained why she always wears her armour I was in tears, cause everything erza was feeling is what I was feeling when I was younger. The need to wear something to feel strong, to feel comfortable was what I went through. She was the only character in any manga/anime to this day I had a emotional attachment to, But sadly that all changed.

My hatred for Erza grew when Hiro took all the human elements out of Erza and made her a bland mary sue that isn't relatable at all. When Hiro took all the things I loved about Erza out, I was angry beyond belief. I know fairy tail was all about friendship is magic but Erza wasn't the OP always winning because she's erza character, she wasn't always the generic and repetitive warrior. She was a character that had weaknesses to go with her strength, now she has no weaknesses what so ever and the relatable side of her is gone. That's why I don't like superman for example, cause when a character is so OP and never shows signs of human emotion they became completely unrelatable to me.

I love that this manga is about friendship and being there for each other but there has to be some cap to the BS. I mean this is suppose to be a "war" arc for crying out load. The good guys shouldn't be one shotting the "villains" I feel that there should of been more sacrifices to even it out. I don't care if the villains loses cause i'm suppose to want them to lose, but when the good guys are deafeating the bad guys like a day in the park just doesn't give the tension or dread i'm suppose to feel in a war arc cause I know 100% that the good guys are going to be fine with no sacrifices or anything bad happening to them. The fodder 12 was suppose to be top tier mages that are suppose to be a huge threat to fairy tail, not to mention that the most evil immoral zeref is their leader so you would think as hiro hyped them that they would give fairy tail a fight for there lives but it isn't. So far this arc to me is not a war cause if the bad guys are able to be one shotted by the good guys then it's the a war, it's just a one sided fight.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I'm going to post some polls from time to time. I'll start with The Best Transformations. These will include physiological changes, requips, takeovers, stardress etc. I'll try to include the ones that I think most people like, but I also dismissed characters who are not around anymore (e.g Tartarus demons). If I've missed any, I apologise in advance. After a while I'll change the poll.
 

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
I'm going to post some polls from time to time. I'll start with The Best Transformations. These will include physiological changes, requips, takeovers, stardress etc. I'll try to include the ones that I think most people like, but I also dismissed characters who are not around anymore (e.g Tartarus demons). If I've missed any, I apologise in advance. After a while I'll change the poll.
Best transformation? One thing comes to mind immediately...
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Magazine series in shoseki 2016 top 500 said:
22 Nanatsu 19
24 Nanatsu 20
30 Nanatsu 21
32 Nanatsu 22
40 Nanatsu 23
58 Nanatsu 24
62 Daiya no ace Act 2 2
67 Daiya no ace Act 2 3
76 Fairy Tail 53
80 Fairy Tail 54

95 Daiya no ace Act 2 4
99 Fairy Tail 56
101 Fairy Tail 55

119 Daiya no ace Act 2 5
132 Fairy Tail 57
141 Ahiru no Sora 43
154 Ahiru no Sora 44
156 Fairy Tail 58
182 Ahiru no Sora 45
202 Fairy Tail 59
204 Nanatsu 18
256 Enen no Shouboutai 1
289 hajime no ippo 113
292 Baby Steps 38
295 DAYS 15
298 Ahiru no Sora 46
306 DAYS 16
313 Baby Steps 39
317 Hajime no ippo 114
318 DAYS 17
323 Kindaichi R 8
326 Daiya no ace Act 2 1
343 Baby Steps 40
346 Kindaichi R 9
349 Enen no Shouboutai 2
377 DAYS 19
379 Baby Steps 41
380 Hajime no ippo 115
382 Real account 7
391 Kindaichi R 10
403 DAYS 18
425 Enen no Shouboutai 3
452 Real Account 8
488 Baby Steps 42
Credit to @Xzone. FT volume 2016 rankings
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
We can't have overpowered tranforms like that, we need to be fair :zomg

That's why I left out these ones...



what in the absolute fuck is this-chiya?
 

XXGenesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2011
Messages
3,135
Reaction score
1,885
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Turkmenistan
Lol I've noticed that FT was complete bull shit since the time skip & Grand Magic tournament. I Got half way into that arc & saw the writing on the wall...FT devolved with the 1st Erza PIS on Tenrou island & after that it carried over post time skip into the wizard tournament which started off good but got fricking ridiculous when we reached Natsunvs Sting & Rogue...*Face Palm*

I never gave a rats ass about FT since then & I've been reading only because I've invested time & gotten this far throughout the story..I knew another Stupid ass Erza Pis move was coming & I didn't care...Nor do I care now I read , I laugh , critique it honesty.....

But I'm no way surprised at FT super weak suace...but really thinking off it Erza hurts FT More than she saves it...lol
 

Nemispelled

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
3,740
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I voted Gray Demonising and Mirajane's Demon Takeovers in the current polls.

I'll be looking forward to the next poll (if there will be a next one) as well as any others that may follow it in the future.

#BiasedNemispelled, I know. It's a coincidence.
 
Top