Hangout - Fairy Tail Hangout Thread | Page 236 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

What do you like most about FT/what will you miss most about FT? (3 choices)

• The individual characters

• Moments when the guild is together

• The storytelling and plot twists

• Speculating about what could come up in the story/plot/characters

• Shipping moments that have or you wish to take place

• The feels

• The fights/battles

• The character designs/appearance

• The villains

• The comedy

• The fanservice

• The epic entrances, lines, and badass moments

• Seeing side guilds (non-FT) get attention

• The anime

• Soundtracks/OP/ED in the anime

• Mashima's art/twitter

Results are only viewable after voting.

yutu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
good each his point of view because it’s the other way around for me. Nevertheless, I find 100YQ more interesting than dbs and boruto

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Rebecas powers were ruined by introduction, rewrite after 1 chapter and with 1 try they nailed it, and thats before training. this is worse than Wendy, you can at least hope if she is not there or out of magic she wont pull Ex machina, with Becca it does not matter, if plot will demand it she will undo anything, and backlash of it was weak.
yeah, I think that power is literal plot power, even if there were some hints she might get Ether Gear soon (you know, from Xiao Mei's arc).

fans do love super OP characters so no problems there I guess.

but people say it's better because it's darker, in fact that's kinda it's problem, It tryes to be Dark series with comedy, tonal whiplash happens. Ft was more Fun comedy adventure with Dark moments.
there were quite a lot of dark moments in FT, especially early but people forget that.

Shiki is also a big Ouch as an MC, worst decision was making him the leader, a guy who never left his home planet, and have some one like Witch be basicly his
how dare you slander the Great Shiki!?

you shan't get away with it!!!

joking aside, I really like how fans overblow that guy.

he makes a serious face and they are all like OMG HE IS THE BEST SHOUNEN MC!!! HE IS SO MUCH DIFFERENT THAN OTHERS!!! OMG HE ISN'T AFRAID OF THE BIG BAD SO IT'S BETTER THAN ANY OTHER SHOUNEN MC!!!

like seriously 😅

he seems to me to be a generic Shounen MC you see everywhere.

he is cool but that's it.

but like I said, once you get hyped you'll overblow things out of everything.

everyone does that (me too sometimes on purpose but at least I admit it).

What happend to EZ in those arcs ? I don´t mind some spoilers !!
pretty much what @VG1989 said but she forgot one thing.

it has the worst training arc in all of Mashima's works. Xiao Mei literally breaks the fourth wall to say training is boring so she skips it LMAO :facepalm

it's also used for laughs 85% of time while remaining 10% was for Shiki (ofc just him) and 5% for Rebecca which was connected to fanservice.

I agree about FT it also felt to have more friendly fanbase
I understood EZ fandom at first because FT fandom completely trashed EZ before it even got it's first chapter released.

never before did I see so much trashing.

on the other hand, they are asking for it for a while now with it's It's massively superior to FT thing and constant memes.

it's getting old.

Last edited:

VG1989

Reaction score
Country
Georgia
they were quite a lot of dark moments in FT, especially early but people forget that.
yea, but the world did not felt dark, inequality, poverty, hunger and stuff, things like that were not constant theme. in EZ we have people just kill everyone for sh*ts and giggles left and right (Shura, Kurenai, Joe).
that reminds me, villains are kinda boring, there not even kind you like to hate, you just have to hate them.
Xiao Mei literally breaks the fourth wall
Oh right, the narrator who literally explains the plot to readers because they can't understand the COMPLEXITY of the story :umad
also I don't understand why people like Oceans 6s designs, 5 winner designs look like OC avatars from deviantart or eccentric models from fashion magazine. none look like space gangstare, warior or anything space.

gk3389127

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
I'm not going to participate in the EZ discussion, though I am going to ponder why this thread is now being used for this purpose.

Next month (presumably, unless Golden Week delays it significantly), the next volume will be released, and I'm wondering what the cover art will be. In addition to Natsu (of course) I'm willing to guess we'll see Suzaku on it, and probably Youko (since they were two of the major outside players in the volume), and maybe at least Lucy as a yokai.

Hshsjdjdkkddl

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Idk why Ez is being discussed here but some of the takes about the series are literal stupid and i am not even going to bother with them.

The latest chapter of 100yq was preety hype and i am excited to see suzaku's abilities.

Undina

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Romania
And Gray's trying to do the Asereje once again. I wonder,do they let him do that in the games at any given time? Or did they strip it of the downsides?!

Newperson00

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
I think if Fairy Tail stayed darker after Tartaros without PoF moments and without those fake deaths spams it´s reputation would have increased much further

Wouldn´t it had made more sense if he made the timeskip after Future Rogue arc and then combined Tartaros & Alvarez both together we would have seen 200 chapters Zeref & the Dragons & Acnologia & Spriggan 12. the demons

Shaz

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Fairy Tail is still my most favorite work by Hiro Mashima. The hype I feel when ever I see Natsu going at his full power is unreal. He is my most favorite shonen hero. Aside from him the cast is very memorable. In my opinion its important Fairy Tail continues to be worked on till this very day. Its very hard to recreate that same magic you once did with a very memorable series. Hence why I don't see Eden's Zero surpassing it.

strikefreedom

Reaction score
Country
France
They finally understood that it was time to do lucy's stardress.

On the other hand, for erza and his armor, it's not yet that, XD.

Aniokku

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
I have a question. if FT sales increase. Can FTYQ100 change the author? we know that Mashima only focuses on EZ. So FT could have a new director or screenwriter? Just as it happened with boruto?

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have a question. if FT sales increase. Can FTYQ100 change the author? we know that Mashima only focuses on EZ. So FT could have a new director or screenwriter? Just as it happened with boruto?
Only if Mashima allows someone to take over.

gk3389127

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
I wonder when the next volume will be released. Normally it's released every four to five months (assuming I've been counting correctly) on the 9th. I'm guessing the cover will show the girls (or at least Lucy) as yokai, or maybe the Moonlit Beauty Goddesses.
I also think we'll see another omake, though I'm not sure what it could be about. Some are simply oneshots, not connected to the story, though the past two (featuring Brandish and Faris) have been relevant to the story. Maybe we'll see something where Youko is trying to decide what yokai to turn the girls into, or we briefly see the girls adjusting to their times as yokai.

Anime VORTEX

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I wonder when the next volume will be released. Normally it's released every four to five months (assuming I've been counting correctly) on the 9th. I'm guessing the cover will show the girls (or at least Lucy) as yokai, or maybe the Moonlit Beauty Goddesses.
I also think we'll see another omake, though I'm not sure what it could be about. Some are simply oneshots, not connected to the story, though the past two (featuring Brandish and Faris) have been relevant to the story. Maybe we'll see something where Youko is trying to decide what yokai to turn the girls into, or we briefly see the girls adjusting to their times as yokai.
We will probably see Suzaku on the front cover

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
A few things...

Mashima Awards - the annual awards will begin within a month, where you can nominate your favourites in selected categories for FT100 and EZ. A promotion post will be out in the next fortnight.

Top 10 Fairy Tail Characters Game - in the Fun Forum there is Top 10 Game, and it's FT's turn. Those of you familiar with the ranking games from back in the day in this forum will understand. It's simple - rank your top 10 and PM that list to me. Check out the rules here. In any case I'll tag a bunch of you on the weekend.